Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix
Default Space & Everything related

Do you think we'll be on the moon in twenty years or less?

Do you think we'll discover a way to get to another galaxy?

Do you believe in extra terrestrials? Do you believe they exist somewhere out there?

What are your views on crop circles?

Discuss =)
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default Re: Space & Everything related

I believe in Aliens. There is no way we are the dominant species in the Universe.

Moon in 20 years? I doubt it.

Most crop circles are now jokes by people, you shouldn't take too many of them seriously.

XD

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

As far as the moon goes, no. I don't think we will. Until our society/technology advances much farther than what it is, the trip to the moon would pretty much be a colossal waste of time.

A way to get to another galaxy... nope. I did some research on the speed limits of the universe and how people are attempting to break them. Pretty interesting. Only problem is that they are constructed around one thing: Mere Theory. People theorized the ability to expand and contract the universe around you (but have little idea on how to do so plausibly) and also incorperate the shoestrings theory into white holes to try to invent some sort of worm-hole or jump in space (though you would have to be the size of a subatomic particle to fit through it). However, the speed limits of light have been demonstrated to be fact multiple times.

Extra Terrestrials: I'm full of "no"s today. The probabilities and the numbers don't stack up (also doesn't even really fit with the logical process of how it is done). (without bringing religion into this) Scientists can't even decide whether it was the "big bang" or the "plasmoid" or that other theory on how the universe started.

I think crop circles are funny.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

I was watching a TLC Program about Crop circles. To me, it's impossible that they were manmade. The wheat is woven in a patern that is of way too high a quality to be done in one night. Also, the paterns are always mathematical. They showed this one crop circle with tons of little circles in it, and, when from the top view, you could observe six cubes by drawing lines. I don't think it is a joke at all.

Extra-terrestrials probably exist, but I don't think they exist in the form that movies make you believe they are (i.e. E.T.). They are probably just like us, but on another planet.

For the moon... It's possible. I mean, lots of problems to overcome, but I think that in the next century, we'll have, as a planet, obtained the methods of getting to the Moon. Even then, what would we do on the moon? >> Jump around? XD

But if we actually had an attempt to get to another galaxy, we could stop building on theories. We could build on facts.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

This hasn't been posted in for like a month, but this board is so dead I doubt that really matters, right? x_x;

With today's space funding, it'll be a miracle if another man ever walks on the moon. Lack of interest in the moon now that we know it's not made of cheese. Until world population becomes a problem, that is.

Oh Matt, methods of getting to the moon? x_x Are you a believer in the Moon Hoax Theory... ?

Yes. It's quite possible there's some way. Heck, most of today's theories are probably not going to work, but something thought up at some point might... I'd suggest genetic engineering but I think it'd be hard, even in the future, to genetically mutate a human to make it to the nearest star, let alone galaxy.

Do you believe in extra terrestrials? Do you believe they exist somewhere out there?
No, we're a bunch of freaks. Nothing is like us. Of course I believe they do! Life is considered way too sacred here... it's probably quite common. As for intelligent life, that's probably more rare, but still not a one time only thing.

Speaking of believing... about 75 percent of people believe there's a government plot to hide aliens. About 50 percent of people believe there's non-human intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. This means about 25 percent of people believe humans from elsewhere are contacting us and the government doesn't want us to know.

Totally fake. ._. First spaceship was spotted in the Forties. Turned out to be a cloud, but the idea burnt on like wildfire. And all the guy who saw it said was it "moved like a ship" or something of the sort. Same deal with crop circles. I believe it was first pulled as a prank in the 70's. Since then it has become overly popular. I don't think aliens have finally started to care about us.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

I doubt it..... We would need incredible amounts of research to live on the moon... if that is what you are aiming for.... we would have to set up a biosphere that is no way directly affected by the outside conditions... seeing as the temps are so extreme! Then we would have to be absolutely certain that there would be no problems, because Space is a dangerous and unpredictable place.... Meteorites are more dangerous while on the moon.... no atmosphere to burn them up... so if you get hit.... say byebye

No.... Space is an immense fronteir that I don't think we will ever be able to travel... At least not in our lifetime, or the generations to come lifetimes... The technology requiered is unfathomable.... I don't beleive in that whole 'worm-hole' thing... It takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun... so if we wanted to make it out of our solar system... it would take us 5.13 hours to travel from the Earth to pluto alone at a constant speed equivalent to the speed of light... imagine how long it would take to just get out of our galaxy alone and to travel the empty universe to the next galaxy... it is again, unfathomable.... and imagine the waste of fuel... face it... it logically isn't going to happen...

Yes I do.... do I beleive in Intelligent ET's? No... Chances of another planet of 'humans' is slim to none.... If you think about it, we only evolved by sheer luck because of constant change in our enviroment which is deeply effected by our position in relation to the sun... and the slightest shift closer or farther from the sun would bring clataclismic catastrophes.... and If you think about it... what are the chances of events that happened on our planet happening on another with the same conditions? None! So... when you are asking about ETs... I only beleive in the... um... unintellignet kind XD

Jokes.... gah... must I bother?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Sudo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Sudo

I beleive there is life in a galaxy far far away, But i also think that they would closely resemble un and would not be little green men with big beedy eyes.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Maybe, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, but by the time we got there we'd be dead cause it'd take forever. lol.

yeah, of course they do. Maybe they don't exist now, but they did a loooooong time ago, eons and eons ago, or maybe eons into the future. They could be anywhere, anytime, the point is they did, do, or will exist.

From the sky looking down from a helicopter.

I think that some of them are real, some of them are fake, but I mean I don't have any evidence to prove either one completely in that direction so I'm kind of wobbly on it.