Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Story Idea

I have an idea for a story and I want to know if it's any good. The story focuses on a Charmander named Fuega. She and her friends, Daffodil and Blue, are the three Kanto starters. She is chosen by a rather dim-witted boy who, in her perspective, does not see Fuega's full potential. She becomes friends with a Rotom that they meet in the Viridian Forest(he haunts the forest), and the two of them are separated from their Trainer when Team Rocket ambushes them on the way from Pewter and Cerulean. If you've ever read The Call of the Wild, the story's a bit like that. Fuega is juggled from Trainer to Trainer, and becomes quite angst-ridden along the way. I can't tell you any more, or I'd give away the entire story.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Shadowzard Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Story Idea

Sounds intesting, not many times where pokemon think that of their trainer.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh, and the story takes place sometime after Ash leaves for Hoenn. At the Oak Lab, there are short references to Tracey, Bayleef, Torkoal, the Tauros herd, the other two Bulbasaur(Ash's and May's), and a kid with a Pikachu. At the Pewter Gym, Fuega's Trainer faces Flint. And there are several other references, too.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowzard View Post
Sounds intesting, not many times where pokemon think that of their trainer.
Are you been sarcastic lol i couldnt tell...When ever some-one says something abnout a pokemon not likeing a trainer and especially this one as it has a charmander in it. It remonds me of one of the early kanto episodes when Ash gets his charmander
Old 07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua059 View Post
I have an idea for a story and I want to know if it's any good. The story focuses on a Charmander named Fuega. She and her friends, Daffodil and Blue, are the three Kanto starters. She is chosen by a rather dim-witted boy who, in her perspective, does not see Fuega's full potential. She becomes friends with a Rotom that they meet in the Viridian Forest(he haunts the forest), and the two of them are separated from their Trainer when Team Rocket ambushes them on the way from Pewter and Cerulean. If you've ever read The Call of the Wild, the story's a bit like that. Fuega is juggled from Trainer to Trainer, and becomes quite angst-ridden along the way. I can't tell you any more, or I'd give away the entire story.
*There is an ideas and premises thread sticked, but oh well*

It sounds good, but how about you make Charmander do wrong? Like say his trainer is perfectly fine, or not as bad as he thinks, and he runs away, with his own pokéball, or something like that. Because, know one is ever purely good, or purely evil, or even close on either side.

Team Rocket? Why Team Rocket? Why not just a non-descript guy short on luck and down a few bucks at the local bar? Seriously, why would Team Rocket ambush a Charmander when it has entire fleets of research and pokemon manipulation vessels. Not to mention they could get any pokémon they wanted through breeding their own pokémon and oh, no illegal activities in that.

So try to have a motive for everyone. That's what you'd need to make this work, I think.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

First of all, Charmander(Fuega) is a girl.

Second - you're kinda right. It shouldn't be TR, just... I dunno, a Pokemon Hunter. Something like that.

Third, I didn't quite get the bit about Charmander and good and evil. Hopefully, you know what I mean. The second Trainer she has is unspeakably cruel, and that's why she ends up a human-hater.