I made this writing exerise (sp?) for someone suffering from mood based writers block on another forum and thought I might share it here
I've actually had the idea for a long time but never have written it down before:
(When you have a lot of time without anything needing to be done..)
1)Get your favorite book in the the whole wide world. It does'nt matter what sort of book it is, just that it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that makes you glad you can read every time you read it.
2) Read said book.
3) Stop after each chapter to write your feelings about what happened in that chapter. It does'nt have to be long, just a line or two. If you want, or can, make your comments as overblown and poetic as you can, play with your words
4)Before the warm buzz of the memory of the last chapter fades (don't think of the details of the book now, or what style it was written in) think again of how your favorite book made you feel and hang on to it
Got your feeling? Good !
5) Now, grab a print out/ the file of your fanfic and as fast as you can turn to the very last page of your fic without stopping.
6) Now read the very last line, and start to type whatever that very last line brings to mind in your story.
7) In a page or two or three or so you can delete what you have just written (it is not written in stone) or keep it but...
8) By this time you should feel better about your writing and back into the flow of things