Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:28 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Gym TM Clarifications and Final Ruling(s)

Ok this came up today when I was battling Silverfrost and then Dux/Marth had to leave and signed off.

I sent out my Charmander that is gonna be the Charizard I use for my Lavaridge Gym.

After a while, I used my Sunny Day TM that Jack allowed me to switch to (a second time from Flamethrower when I was tired and didn't think).

Dux was reffing and said he wouldn't allow it. From what I gather, he insists that the Gym TM can only be taught to Gym Pkmn and can only be used in Gym Battles. He even insists that my Hot Foot (Blaziken) can't use it out of Gym Battles. Blaziken was on my Gym Team from the start of getting my Gym. When the thing with ownership was settled, I already had evolved my Starter and got my Gym back rightfully. The Rule back then was only 1 Pkmn had to be owned, not two or more as is now (I think). When I got my Gym, I immediately taught Overheat to Blaziken and then Sunny Day after the switch. Jack let me keep one Overheat TM from before the switch, also. My Gloom also knows the Gym TM, Sunny Day.

Dux says its common sense that what he's saying s true. Niether one of us has a URL to refer to, me being a Trainer without a URL and him being a Mod also without a URL.

Now this becomes a conflict of Rulings from what Dux says and what Jack says.

The way he says, it takes out all the fun of having an unlimited Gym TM, because in his way only Gym Pkmn can use it and only in Gym Battles. One of the perks of having a Gym is the unlimited use of the TM on any Pkmn that the Trainer (out of Gym Battles, of course) owns or has traded to him/her.

Note: Even SF, who also owns a Gym, says she didn't know about the Rule Dux is talking about.

So what to do now? We can't continue our Battle and I had to save the Log until this is settled.

Please if you are not one of the three in question (Me, Dux, Jack, or SF) only post if you have something productive to say.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 01-09-2005 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer
Default Re: Gym TM Clarifications and Final Ruling(s)

Dux is right, you can't use your Gym TM's out of Gym battles, that is kind of common sense. It's always been like that, if your not in a Gym battle how could you use your GYM TM.

This suit is black not.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:47 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Did I not make myself clear? Jack said it's ok when using a Gym Pkmn outside of battle with that TM. Or at least I could have sworn he did.

Nice time to jump in here, Jack.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I think you only get 1 TM from the Gym, to use outside of battle but not unlimited, but I'm not even sure if you even get that ONE to use outside of battle.

This suit is black not.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
From what I gather, he insists that the Gym TM can only be taught to Gym Pkmn and can only be used in Gym Battles.
Of course, you don't have illimited Tm's for your pokemon. Gym TM can only be taught to (in that moment) gym pokémon, not to-be-gym-pokémon, like your Charmander.

Quote:
He even insists that my Hot Foot (Blaziken) can't use it out of Gym Battles. Blaziken was on my Gym Team from the start of getting my Gym. When the thing with ownership was settled, I already had evolved my Starter and got my Gym back rightfully. The Rule back then was only 1 Pkmn had to be owned, not two or more as is now (I think). When I got my Gym, I immediately taught Overheat to Blaziken and then Sunny Day after the switch. Jack let me keep one Overheat TM from before the switch, also.
That is Jack's decition, and won't say anything until he says something.

Quote:
My Gloom also knows the Gym TM, Sunny Day.
If you mean that you DIDN'T buy Sunny Day for Gloom, you are cheating. If you mean that you buy the Tm Sunny Day for Gloom, this affirmation is not necesary.

Quote:
The way he says, it takes out all the fun of having an unlimited Gym TM, because in his way only Gym Pkmn can use it and only in Gym Battles. One of the perks of having a Gym is the unlimited use of the TM on any Pkmn that the Trainer (out of Gym Battles, of course) owns or has traded to him/her.
The TM is EXCLUSIVLY to the CURRENT gym pokémon, and should not be used OUTSIDE of it unless you buy it for the pokemon you own. The unlimited Tm's for gym pokémon SHOULD NOT be considerated a reason for owning one. It is just an extra feature, because, if you give a TM when you lose, then that TM is part of your gym pokémon. That's it.

Quote:
Please if you are not one of the three in question (Me, Dux, Jack, or SF) only post if you have something productive to say.
Dude, you cannot decide if what a person says it's productive or not, It is their opinion and should always be taken in mind (Except if it's Fair with his Bob Dole stuff, of course)
Marth.

Edit: bronislav84: and no, my gloom knows the gym TM, not a bought TM from the mart. (That's cheating dude)
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 01-09-2005 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Mistake in the Quoting
Old 01-09-2005, 05:04 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I believe that the Gym Pokemon can use the Gym TM, but only under certain circumstances.

1. The Gym pokemon must be in a Gym Battle. (Technically gym pokemon can't be used out of gym battles.)
2. If the Gym Pokemon is owned, it can only use the TM during a gym battle. Technically it means the TM is temporarily taught.

Now, if the trainer buys the TM and teaches it to his pokemon, then it's fine. I just think that it's unfair that a gym leader should be able to get his TM for free and unlimited use. Not to mention the fact that not all gym leaders have a TM.

Gym TMs are free, but only for Gym Pokemon in Gym Battles.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:15 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Then I guess so far you guys are leaning toward #2 on that list.

Also Dux, yes I taught my Gym TM (not a bought one) to my Gloom. According tou you it's cheating. I'm unsure, so I agreed to bring this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM conversation, Today
bronislav84: then i guess so far u guys seem to be leaning toward # 2 on harrys list
deluxe111999: cause that the rule. Jack may have had his own reasons for letting you. Maybe he thought you needed help because you are starting.
bronislav84: so if thats the case he should have said so
I wonder what Jack will say.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:36 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

You, taught your Gym TM to a pokemon, that's not even a Gym Pokemon!? Yea, that's definately cheating.

This suit is black not.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

He probably misread words...intentional or not, you all decide.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

we (me, bron, dux) talked about this on AIM yesterday when the forum was down.

Gym TM's are for Gym Battles only. no exceptions.

*locked*

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Closed Thread