Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Dragon01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragon01
Default Missing0?

Missing0 (for those who don't know) was/is a glitch in r/b/y and I think s/g/c. There were three types of missing0 in the games two were bad, they'd screw up your game and one was good it was an actual pokemon.

But is there a Missing0 in pokemon Emerald?

Discuss away

^Cred to Hihi^
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Smile Re: Missing0?

missing no was nintendos test mew in red and blue they delted the data for mew but when they did they couldnt get rid of all of it so it resulted in the courped missingno ther is a missing no in emerald its not mew but its the result of codes used on action reply but missingnno is gone now is you see it now it probaly was a test for a imposible (in game ) pokemon missingno in gold and silver mite have been celbi or mew i wouldntttt bet on it through
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
xineki Offline

Send a message via AIM to xineki
Default Re: Missing0?

sorry nope, there are a few glitch pokemon, all of them involving action replays, but they ae all boring.

On a funnier note, those that do not have a National Pokedex and cheat to acquire mons they shouldn't have are scolded by being forced to carry around a "bad egg." I'm pretty sure it has no pokemon in it, and stays in your party all the time. It takes much longer to hatch than a normal egg, i've heard 20,000+ steps, and when it does hatch, you immediately white out, losing half your money!

Fun, huh? Well, thats what you get for cheating!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Dragon01 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by xineki View Post
sorry nope, there are a few glitch pokemon, all of them involving action replays, but they ae all boring.

On a funnier note, those that do not have a National Pokedex and cheat to acquire mons they shouldn't have are scolded by being forced to carry around a "bad egg." I'm pretty sure it has no pokemon in it, and stays in your party all the time. It takes much longer to hatch than a normal egg, i've heard 20,000+ steps, and when it does hatch, you immediately white out, losing half your money!

what are the glitch pokemon, I have AR and I'd like to get them :D (I have 2 Emeralds my main one=no AR my 2nd one = AR)

^Cred to Hihi^
Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
xineki Offline

This is a page from Bulbapedia with most of the glitches in the games. Mind you, there are are a few more than are listed, this just gives a good idea. old Pokemon RBY had so many glitches I'm surprised anyone could play it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Shadow Tyranitar Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:

What? What? If I trade the egg of a Blastoise to emerald, it'll be a bad egg?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
xineki Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Tyranitar View Post
Yup, as long as you don't have the National Dex. Once you get that, feel free to trade to your heart's content.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Tyranitar View Post
Trading Pokemon will not give you a Bad Egg, only cheating to get them.

If you're playing FRLG, you will only be able to trade with Emerald after you've gotten the National Dex on Emerald anyway.

If you're playing RS, you will not be able to trade non-Hoenn Pokemon (including eggs) to Emerald until you have the National Dex on Emerald.

So you can't get a Bad Egg from that anyway seeing you can't trade.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:44 PM
xineki Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Trading Pokemon will not give you a Bad Egg, only cheating to get them.

If you're playing FRLG, you will only be able to trade with Emerald after you've gotten the National Dex on Emerald anyway.

If you're playing RS, you will not be able to trade non-Hoenn Pokemon (including eggs) to Emerald until you have the National Dex on Emerald.

So you can't get a Bad Egg from that anyway seeing you can't trade.
This person speaks truth. *reminds himself not to say something next time unless he is 100% certain*
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer

missing no is simply a "404" error in the game.

What i mean by that, is that each pokemon has a hex value assigned to it. There are 151 pokemon, but there are 255 HEXS, meaning there are 154 other possible values, aka missing no's. The game doesn't allow you to access these hexs unless you use a game shark to hard code the game to always render that hex (and of course the talk to the man in viridian city thing, which is a glitch)

Missing no is not a version of mew. It is not a version of uxie, pikablu, or any other nonsense. It's just a hidden part of the game.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Myst3rio565 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Myst3rio565 Send a message via MSN to Myst3rio565

Quote:
This is a page from Bulbapedia with most of the glitches in the games. Mind you, there are are a few more than are listed, this just gives a good idea. old Pokemon RBY had so many glitches I'm surprised anyone could play it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch
It had so many glitches because it was a simple pixelated game, which was very addicting. Also, it was just Gamefreaks first game. 20+ people to create that game, and to create the trade link. It was one of the best game idea's of today. Just look at it now. Missingo was probably and most likely still one of the most reconized glitches of R/B/Y versions. And Pokemon Trainer Sarah is right. It isn't a bad egg exactly, it just won't hatch until you get the National Dex (either that, or you won't just get the data. Instead of an 009 showing up for Blastoise's number, a ??? shows up.)