Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Fan Fiction Ideas... And Plenty Of 'Em! *Please Comment*

I've thought of something...

Would you guys be interested in reading in depth, heated, exciting battles?

I'd write random ones... No plot or story line... People could suggest what Pokemon I could use!

Tell me if this is kinda N00bish... =[

But they won't just be any battles... They'll be exciting! Fun! Interesting!

Awesome descriptions of the Pokemon and their attacks. They could include some wild battles... And some could have a little plot behind them!

A second idea of mine...

An island is endangered by an errupting volcano. Fire Pokemon are being controlled by a deep force inside the volcano.

That's all I've got so far! XD

A third idea of mine...

An Umbreon could be sitting inside a dark, cold cave... Telling his miserable life story... Including his love for an Espeon... <3

It'll tell his whole life stroy... It'll be written like he's saying the things, and will go from present to past.

Like... He'll be telling you about something... And then will show you with a flashback.

Well, what do you think?

You can rate any of them!

If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Fan Fiction Ideas... And Plenty Of 'Em! *Please Comment*

Random pokemon battles? That sounds really cool and what a way to get the juices flowing.

It isn't a n00bish idea at all. It's actually very unique. Maybe you could put all the battle one-shot in one thread for easy access.

(I write random stuff to get mine going :P)

I think it would be cool if you used UU pokemon like Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, etc. You know, 'cause they need attention they don't get in the game RPGs.

The volcano one sounds interesting and with an in depth plot, it would make a really good story.

The Umbreon one, though, is the one that looks like a wonderful idea. Maybe because I like emotional stories.

I'm looking forward for these fics. and battles. :)

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 07-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Yay! Thanks for rating... I've been desperate for someone to leave a comment! =]

Yeah, I would use slightly "Forgotten" Pokemon in the battles... So that they get seen, and people wouldn't necessarily be expecting that. The battles just come to me. I daydream sometimes, and get the most amazing battles pictured inside my head! XD

The volcano one needs a lot of thinking about still. I might put that one away for a while, and come back to it later. (I'm not abandoning it!)

I loved the whole Umbreon idea myself, I thought about the flashback thingy. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, and, hey! Why not pick my favourite Pokemon? Plus, he's the Dark Type, fitting my story well!=]

Anyone else wanna comment?

EDIT: All of these are my ideas! NO STEALY!
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
Yay! Thanks for rating... I've been desperate for someone to leave a comment! =]

Yeah, I would use slightly "Forgotten" Pokemon in the battles... So that they get seen, and people wouldn't necessarily be expecting that. The battles just come to me. I daydream sometimes, and get the most amazing battles pictured inside my head! XD

The volcano one needs a lot of thinking about still. I might put that one away for a while, and come back to it later. (I'm not abandoning it!)

I loved the whole Umbreon idea myself, I thought about the flashback thingy. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, and, hey! Why not pick my favourite Pokemon? Plus, he's the Dark Type, fitting my story well!=]

Anyone else wanna comment?

EDIT: All of these are my ideas! NO STEALY!
UU pokemon are sometimes (okay, always xD) since they are not worth more than favoritism or Dex info. This would put people into a loop and thus, make you known for that.

Don't abondon it! Don't be like me! -hides FFnet account- I'm actually writing ideas about this idea I've had for a while but now I actually have a plot to got through it.

Umbreon is one of my favorite pokemon and I think it fits perfect for what you want to do.

-imagines Sunflora in that position instead xD-

Old 07-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

i would be very interested in reading a couple of those random battles, they sound really different and cool, battles i think are what draws people into the action of the story seeing as that makes up a huge portion of the pokemon franchise.

i couldnt really say much about the fire story, because you havent really elaborated on the subject, like do they attack the inhabitants of the island or something??? i would agree to put that one away for a while until all the details are worked out...

ummm.... as to the Umbreon story, i dont really think that would be suited to MY interest, though i think others might enjoy it. I just think that the pokemon love thingy has been played out a little too much, though you could come with a whole new thing to spice it up! ya never know! I think in order for that to NOT be like the others ones, is to bring something new and different to the table...... but then again, what do > I < know???

BRYCExKAT
Old 07-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

How do you make those buttons in your signature? How many pixels? [/Off-Topic]

I'm not abandoning it... Don't worry!

Sunflora... XD

I'm gonna start developing that Umbreon Story with ideas now.

Wish me luck,

Djax94

EDIT: Just seen what BryceBoy wrote... This message was to what PhantomKat said.

ASB|URPG

Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Quote:
How do you make those buttons in your signature? How many pixels? [/Off-Topic]

I'm not abandoning it... Don't worry!

Sunflora... XD

I'm gonna start developing that Umbreon Story with ideas now.

Wish me luck,

Djax94

EDIT: Just seen what BryceBoy wrote... This message was to what PhantomKat said.
[Off Topic] My buttons are 82 x 42 pixels. First I did the simple layout and then upgraded it using Button Designer in Photo Impact. I can do one for you if you like. Just PM if you want. :) [/Off Topic]

Good luck with devoloping your ideas, I can't wait!

Old 07-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Pokémon Battles:
Sounds interesting, don't see how it could be n00bish.

Only thing is that you might want to try to tie them all together in some way and try to make each battle different and in a way meaningful. For instance, some battles could be some nobody trainer battling the last of the Elite Four, trying to prove his worth. Another could be a wild Arcanine battling for the love of a Houndoom. Or maybe they can all be the battles a young girl takes part in as she travels across Hoenn with her Pokémon, trying to get enough earnings to pay for the heart transplant her dying father so badly needs.

Things like that, things that add meaning to the battle always make it more epic. When there's something to lose or gain, your characters will try harder and be more into it, thus getting the reader more engrossed in it as well. ^.~

The Volcano:
Not much to it, really. I don't really have anything to say since it was so vague; when posting story ideas, make sure to think it through- ask yourself if it can be a good story or not, if you'd want to continue with it for a long period of time and only if you know you want to go through with it brainstorm to put in as much detail as possible before posting the idea.

Not every story idea is going to make a great story.

Anyways, it could be an interesting thriller with Mission Impossible-like action.

Umbreon Life:
This could be a great story, however you wouldn't call everything a flashback (because that word tends to get a negative response from readers) more like the Umbreon just remembering his life.

The best way to do such a thing would be to start every chapter with the Umbreon sitting in the cave, giving a small introduction that basically says what he'll be remembering in each chapter, then going right into it in whatever way you want (dialogue, setting a scene and so on).

The format would best look something like this (using a different, but similar example here):
Quote:
...Opening her eyes to stare at the sky, the Charizard smiles sadly. "I remember the first day of my grand adventure, the day I was given out as a starter to a young child. None of us - myself and the other two Pokémon - knew what to expect, but we were excited nonetheless at the mere thought of going into the great big world..."

"Can you believe it?" the Squirtle asked, eyes wide. "Today's the day!"

"I can't wait to meet my trainer!" I exclaimed happily...
And so on. Hope that gives you an idea.

Hope I was of some assistance- good luck!

~Psychic

My newest One-Shot. All comments are welcome!

Author Profile
I'm a Fan Fiction Mod at SPPf. I know what I'm talking about when I review;
I'm no n00b, but I don't sugarcoat the truth.

Banner by Saffire Persian of SPPf, avatar by my friend mayonayz.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Thanks a lot, Psychic! I appreciate your comment!

With the battles, what you said does make a lot of sense. Otherwise, things might get a bit meh-ish...

The volcano idea I'm putting away in my "safe" for the time being, until I can think of something to make it come alive.

The Umbreon story, I was going to do something along the lines of that... I just didn't word it right! But everything you said was on the money! =]

Thanks for the rating... Hope you'll read what I've got planned!

Djax94

EDIT: Just typed up the prologue... Didn't plan it. (Don't tut at me) The words just came out of my head and on to the keyboard.

“I should probably tell you... Tell you what happened...” I mumbled between sobs, tears dripping down my soft, furry face. I spluttered, the snot from my nose running down the back of my throat. “I’m okay… Really, I am.” I pushed myself from the ground, limping over to the cave entrance. The gloominess of the world around me... It saddened me so.

“SHH!” a small, sleepy Zubat hissed across the cavern to me. I shot a glare at him, almost like a Mean Look. How could he not notice how depressed I was? Or, even worse, how could he sit there and watch me so sad? Seeing my anger and frustration, as well as the demonic look in my eye, he backed down instantly.

“You’ll want to know... How all of this happened...” I muttered. I sat myself up straight, and stopped crying. “I’ll start at the beginning...”

((I know... I overused these: ...)) ((It seemed longer...)) ((I'll add more detail and stuff to it later. This is just the outline!))

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 07-22-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Quote:

With the battles, what you said does make a lot of sense. Otherwise, things might get a bit meh-ish...

The volcano idea I'm putting away in my "safe" for the time being, until I can think of something to make it come alive.

The Umbreon story, I was going to do something along the lines of that... I just didn't word it right! But everything you said was on the money! =]

Djax94

EDIT: Just typed up the prologue... Didn't plan it. (Don't tut at me) The words just came out of my head and on to the keyboard.

“I should probably tell you... Tell you what happened...” I mumbled between sobs, tears dripping down my soft, furry face. I spluttered, the snot from my nose running down the back of my throat. “I’m okay… Really, I am.” I pushed myself from the ground, limping over to the cave entrance. The gloominess of the world around me... It saddened me so.

“SHH!” a small, sleepy Zubat hissed across the cavern to me. I shot a glare at him, almost like a Mean Look. How could he not notice how depressed I was? Or, even worse, how could he sit there and watch me so sad? Seeing my anger and frustration, as well as the demonic look in my eye, he backed down instantly.

“You’ll want to know... How all of this happened...” I muttered. I sat myself up straight, and stopped crying. “I’ll start at the beginning...”

((I know... I overused these: ...)) ((It seemed longer...)) ((I'll add more detail and stuff to it later. This is just the outline!))
Nice for an outline. I should do that for my upcoming story but I write pages of notes instead. ^^;

Psychic's adive for the battles is something I haven't thought of. I could see it now, numerous pokemon battling for their love, pride, and lives.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:

Djax94

*sigh* Why does every 'pokemon looking back on their life' story have to be depressing? IMHO, the 'woe is me' pokemon pov story is one of the most overused plots in fanfic, right next to the 'Pokemon are SLAVES TO THE EVIL HUMANS' plot -.-

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Oh... Flaafy, why do have to be negative? *Sniff*

I've just had the biggest brainwave... I could do a counterpart! With Espeon! Is that genius, or what!

Tell me if you think it's silly... =[

With the Espeon one, she'd be focusing on the good things, while Umbreon focuses on the bad things! Does that solve your problem, Flaafy?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Oh... Flaafy, why do have to be negative? *Sniff*

I've just had the biggest brainwave... I could do a counterpart! With Espeon! Is that genius, or what!

Tell me if you think it's silly... =[

With the Espeon one, she'd be focusing on the good things, while Umbreon focuses on the bad things! Does that solve your problem, Flaafy?
Why can't the Espeon ever be the boy and the Umbreon the girl? :P Just becuase a Umbreon is made at night does not mean that it always has to be the depressed one :).
I'm just saying that a life is never just depressing and many fanics just make a fic in that tone becuase they think it magically makes a fic 'deep' with as much drama as they can pack into it that would make a soap opera seem realistic O.o. If anything I think a Umbreon and Espeon's life would be the most happy of all the types, becuase they grow with strong friendship, while all the rest use stones and locations and don't have to be happy at all :(

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

But what do you think of having a counterpart story? It'd show both sides...

ASB|URPG

Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
But what do you think of having a counterpart story? It'd show both sides...
It is good as long as you don't overdo it :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art