Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Innocent Bystander Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default WDA: The Crystal Mountain

A Ramzam AKA Innocent Bystander RP
Plot
Amazing how a single thing can put your life on an entirely new track. A single explosion that caused a chain reaction so large it decimated buildings, collapsed highways and overpasses, near everything was left as a ruin. The majority of the beings caught in such a blast are one of three things: Dead, soon to die, or in critical condition.

However, a human life is valued greatly. Efforts like those employed by the virtuous Team Magnum. Though their methods may be strange, they’ve always done their best to do the right thing. And the tragedy that befell Goldenrod City, Johto, is no exception.
=+==+=

“This’ll sting just a teeny bit, kid,” a scientist sighed as he injected a strange liquid into your arm. The small pain of the needle instantly died away as the drug spread through your bloodstream. A strange feeling quickly followed, almost as if your very DNA was being changed. Either way, compared to the massive injuries, the needle was like being poked with an eraser.

=+==+=
Team Magnum’s research often involves fields that are normally left alone. One in particular is called The Evolution Project. The injection which evolved humans into Pokémon according to their age, was confirmed to work, though exactly what the injection did was kept secret from all eyes except for those of Team Magnum. The Evolution Project was one of Team Magnum’s shadier activities. They claimed to be treating the victims to extend their lives, however no family visits were allowed.

Eventually, constant pressure from the authorities made Team Magnum admit its actions. The patients couldn’t possibly be saved if they were kept human. In the end, The Evolution Project was allowed to continue and the injection was only to be used if necessary. Though rare, such incidents of which the injection was needed, did come around.

Some of these humans turned Pokémon went to live with whatever remained of their families after adjusting to their new states of being. Others wanted to repay the organization that constantly balanced between right and wrong. These former humans became known as World Defense Agents, being assigned to specific regions of the world, where they would be stationed. These WDA bases vary, depending upon the size of the region and are usually thriving with Pokémon that were formerly humans. On average, only about fifteen humans have residence in these bases. Their roles aren’t on the field, but focus more on support. At the very least, a small team of trained veterinarians are always among the list of humans--after all, Team Magnum does care for its members greatly.

With the ability to respond to calls and arrive on the scene with reasonable haste, WDA squads are the ultimate emergency response teams, from major rescues, to stopping region-wide crime, they do their best to resolve the issue.

P.S. I have a final mission planned to end the RP eventually--actually the majority of the missions slowly build an interesting story. The more squads, the faster we’ll reach the end...though it'd be ideal to have full squads.

The Map of Riora
Don’t forget to enlarge it to full size so it’ll look better.

How this works
I’ll think up a mission that I’ll assign to your squad, which you are then free to carry out as you want to. A single mission should last fifteen posts at the very least.
A squad is made up of four members:
2 Mains=There are two Mains, who are usually strong Pokémon that have skills when it comes to battling.
1 Strategist=One Strategist, who is less of a battler and more of a thinker that can really use their brain to get the squad out of tight situations. These are often the most knowledgeable members of the squads, who can be quite clever, making them a slight force to be reckoned with, when in battle.
1 Spotter=Lastly, there is a single Spotter, who operates the radio and can check back with the base for mission updates and such. Their gadgets vary from Spotter to Spotter, but always include a device that links to one of many Team Magnum satellites, to give a fairly detailed map of the surrounding area, along with a radio back to the base. The Spotter tends to be in the back of the battle, not being the best of fighters.

The Squad List
<> Indicates the leader.

CaW
Main 1: Jackson Wingar--Misdreavous (djax94)
Main 2: Akari Zaffro--Gardevoir (Mew Aqua)
Strategist 1: <>Rashimo Utsubi--Typhlosion (Ramzam)
Spotter 1: Matt Flanders--Espeon (Darth Murkrow)

Eon (Squad still pending...)
Main 1: <>Eden--Eevee (Eeveeking929)
Main 2:
Strategist 1:
Spotter 1:

???
Main 1:
Main 2:
Strategist 1: <>Alexa Latchel "Bladewing"--Scyther (Psychic)
Spotter 1:

Tide
Main 1: <>Michael Orisukai--Squirtle (Hidachi)
Main 2:
Strategist 1:
Spotter 1:

Rules
1. Definitely no God-modding, let alone anything that’ll identify you as a n00b.
2. If you don’t use paragraphs, you will be told to correct yourself and if you don’t, then you’ll be kicked.
3. If I find you are typing in such a way that I can’t understand, then I’ll tell you to shove your posts through some spell-check program. Also, if you don’t use punctuation, that’s an auto-kick.
4. Unless I say so, you don’t hand out a mission to someone--that’s my job.
5. I trust we can all follow the PE2K rules?
6. Don’t go charging into a battle as a Pelipper or something and beat a Raichu, okay? Nothing like that--be realistic.
7. Be polite to your fellow RP members.
8. I’m going to trust that you’ll all follow the common courtesies and rules of the RP.
9. The more DETAIL you put into your signup, the better a chance you have of being accepted.
10. I want to see you put “Whatever happened to Johto?” at the end of your signup.

Signup Normally I'd put it into a code, but that doesn't seem to work here...
Name:
Species: (What Pokémon are you? Bear in mind that in my RP‘s a basic stage could best a third stage Pokémon, so just pick your favorite.)
Squad Name: (You’ll have to type the name of the squad you’re joining if you’re going to join one.)
Squad Position:
Attacks (Nothing overpowered I.E. Move Tutor Attacks.)
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Attack 3:
Attack 4:
Attack 5:
Attack 6:
Attack 7:
Attack 8:
Physical Difference: (Physical traits that set them apart from others of the same species.)
Other Facts:
Personality:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
My signup
Name: Rashimo (Rush-EE-moe) Utsubi (UHT-sue-bee)
Species: Typhlosion
Squad Name: CaW
Squad Position: Strategist
Attacks
Attack 1: Quick Attack
Attack 2: Smokescreen
Attack 3: Flamethrower
Attack 4: Gyro Ball
Attack 5: Sunny Day
Attack 6: Swift
Attack 7: Double Kick
Attack 8: Flame Wheel
Physical Difference: A normal Typhlosion is about 5’7”, but Rashimo is roughly 6’1” (meaning he isn’t exactly six feet and one inch tall--possibly a little taller, but more likely he‘s a teeny bit shorter,) which brings his weight to somewhere between 180 and 200 pounds. There’s also a scar on the left side of his face. It serves as a “souvenir,” from a run-in with an angry Scyther. His eyes are also green (rather than the average red.)

Other Facts: Rashimo can suppress the flames on his back to the point of being just enough to cover the spot where the fire originates. He’ll never leave without his black, fireproof messenger bag in which he carries a number of useful items. Its been created specifically by the people at Team Magnum’s capital laboratory to keep whatever’s inside at a cool room temperature, no matter what it’s like outside. A sketchpad and a mechanical pencil also happen to be a couple of the things he carries in his messenger bag.

Personality: Despite his mean and dangerous appearance, Rashimo’s actually very huggable if he’ll let you get close enough. Underneath his tough new Pokémon appearance, is a youthful adolescent who does what he thinks is best. A real defender, he turns into a nerveless hero when the ones he cares about are in trouble. Without a second thought, he’d willingly throw himself into the line of fire, all to defend a human he has a crush on. Naturally, the girl gets herself in trouble from time to time and that’s where Rashimo comes in. However that is a completely different story.

Rashimo’s a natural pessimist, doubting his abilities in most areas. He doesn’t consider himself physically fit as a Typhlosion and does his best cram in an hour of exercise on a daily basisalong with keeping his weight up, for some strange reason. Perhaps it's to slow down his overly high metabolism? His hobbies include writing and drawing, but his strong suit is more toward writing. No matter how hard he tries, he just can’t draw well enough, by his own standards, even though most consider him quite the talented artist. He’s filled several sketchbooks with drawings of the people and Pokémon he sees around the city and on his missions. His determination to improve his skills with a pencil are very apparent, by the drawing board in his room along with the large boxes that are filled with sheets of printing paper--his ideal drawing surface.

A normally carefree kid, who’s into rock, rather than rap or hip-hop--the latest music fad in urban culture, Rashimo’s never been too good at reaching out and making friends, even though he becomes depressed and risks dying from loneliness if he doesn’t have at least a couple people to be around. He doesn’t take too well to being personally offended and can really have a bad mouth of his own, usually striking back. Being the kind of person who likes to have their revenge, he isn’t exactly the person you’d want to make angry.

Last edited by Innocent Bystander; 07-22-2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Updating Squad Info...
Old 07-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: WDA: The Crystal Mountain

Name: Eden
Species: Eevee
Squad Name: Eon
Squad Position: Main 1
Attack 1: Shadow Ball
Attack 2: Iron Tail
Attack 3: Quick Attack
Attack 4: Hidden Power
Attack 5: Endure
Attack 6: Captivate
Attack 7: Attract
Attack 8: Bite
Physical Difference:
Other Facts:
Personality:

Will finish later.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Amateur Trainer

Eeveeking929: *Starts doing black-jack tricks with a deck of cards as he waits.*

xXPikachuXx: By squad position I meant where you fit in. Are you a Main, Strategist, or a Spotter? Just saying you're the leader won't work, because since you're the first to put in the name you're automatically made the leader of your own squad. I also doubt anyone would name their human child "Fangs." I'll have to see at least five lines of informative text of your character's personality.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Name: Matt Flanders
Species: Espeon
Squad Position: Spotter 1
Attacks:
Attack 1: Confusion
Attack 2: Quick Attack
Attack 3: Swift
Attack 4: Psychic
Attack 5: Future Sight
Attack 6: Protect
Attack 7: Endure
Attack 8: Skill Swap
Physical Difference: Matt is often seen wearing a red bandana around his neck, which is the only differentiating thing telling the former human apart from other Espeon. He is slightly thinner than other Espeon, to the point that one can see his ribs, but this is due more to a high metabolism than an actual eating disorder. The gem on his forehead glows blue whenever he’s using his powers.

Other Facts: In his sleep, he sees vague visions due to his psychic type, most of which he fails to remember. He also experiences déjà vu more than most other people. If he becomes overly emotional, his psychic powers will give him a headache until he releases them.

Personality: Matt, ever since he was in school, was a misunderstood person. His sister, Dani, is a famous Pokémon trainer, and Matt would rather have been a researcher. Having constantly been compared to his sister, he is extremely uneasy around others and feels that he needs to impress others, which has been known to cause stress on his body. When human, he would diligently study and be extremely upset if he felt he did not succeed. He becomes easily saddened or frightened if something upsetting happens, and though he’ll only admit his feelings to his closest friends he is always a willing to provide a shoulder for others to cry on.

Matthew has had girl troubles due to his incredibly shy nature. Anyone he has a crush on will not realize it until they develop a dislike for him. He has learned to predict his clumsy mishaps and friendship troubles, which he finds to be extremely repetitive, if imaginary. This has tied over into his Espeon form, where he’ll fall asleep and see frightening visions of the future. He is a gifted storyteller, in spite of his shyness, but if one catches him in a moment of pure inspiration the imaginative worlds he can create will shock them. When human, he would often write, if only for fun, and act out scenes of movies with a few toys leftover from his youth. Aside from his shyness, he is an individual that is not quite willing or able to conform to a majority of humans.

A thought clung to the back of Matt's mind for a while, and it still bothers him, as even with his psychic skills he cannot possibly comprehend; “Whatever happened to Johto?”

Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 07-17-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: I sounded very godmod-ish...
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Name: Alexa Latchell, but now wishes to be called Bladewing

Species: Scyther

Squad Name: stick me on whatever squad you want because I don’t understand how we’re supposed to make up our own names for them o_O

Squad Position: Strategist, though she also battles a lot

Attacks:
Attack 1: Quick Attack
Attack 2: Focus Energy
Attack 3: Agility
Attack 4: Fury Cutter
Attack 5: Slash
Attack 6: Fly
Attack 7: X-scissor
Attack 8: Steel Wing

Personality: The first thing you should know about “Bladewing” is that you never want to get on her bad side, unless you have a death wish, of course. She can’t easily control her emotions and is often more than willing to let her temper get the best of her. She is fierce and sly, and she should never be underestimated to use underhanded tricks. Bladewing is quick and crafty and knows how to twist a situation to her advantage. This leads to the question of “if she’s always trying to get her way, why did she join the WDA?” Well, strangely enough, like all Scyther, she is proud, a bit arrogant and her honor is something she values deeply. Because she was saved from death, she feels that she owes her life, and the best way she can pay her debt is by helping others the way she herself was helped. She doesn’t love doing it, but it keeps her sharp, which is good enough for her.

In battle, Bladewing prefers to remain on the defensive, wearing her opponent out. The main problem is that in her cockiness she sometimes underestimates others, being a rather poor judge of not only battling abilities, but character as well. She tends to assume the worst in people and because of her own cockiness lives on something of a high-horse.

Naturally, because of this Bladewing is not very good at making friends and is uncomfortable with others being very close to her (both physically and emotionally). However the few she does call friend are very precious to her, and she will always stand by them, even if her own life it at stake.

Physical Difference: none to speak of, though she does keep her scythes extra sharp and shiny

Other Facts: Bladewing’s a bit strange in that parts from both her human and Pokémon side show within her personality, though neither really seems to be dominant over the other. She feels a strong sense of duty towards being a WDA, but it always trying to figure out ways to get something in return for doing so. Still, she’s satisfied with the Pokémon she turned into, which is why she insisted on changing her name. She’s happy being a big, winged bug with arms that could send her enemy’s head rolling. ^.^

By the way. I was wondering: whatever happened to Johto, anyway?

~Psychic
Old 07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Amateur Trainer

Eeveeking929: *Still busy doing black-jack tricks* ...

Psychic: You only make up the name if you're creating a squad. On the places where I'm more popular, people tend to get ticked if I make a low-vacancy RP, so that's why there's space for sixteen people...anyway, I'd shove you in my squad, but I'm already a Strategist, so you've got a choice here: You could go with Eeveeking in squad Eon, or I could change my character's position and you could join CaW. I'm not really the person to force this kind of decision.

Darth Murkrow: So far there are two to pick from: CaW or Eon.

Psychic+DM: You're both accepted after you make your decisions on which squad you'll be in.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post

Darth Murkrow: So far there are two to pick from: CaW or Eon.
CaW works. *Edited*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post

Psychic+DM: You're both accepted after you make your decisions on which squad you'll be in.
I think I will be a Spotter for CaW, if that is ok with the squad's leader.

Murkrow
Done: 800
Old 07-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

I'll start this now... Can I finish it later, please? I nned to leave soon!

Name: -

Species: Misdreavus

Squad Position: Main 2

Attack 1: Shadow Ball
Attack 2: Perish Song
Attack 3: Pain Split
Attack 4: Psybeam
Attack 5: Screech
Attack 6: Shock Wave
Attack 7: Hidden Power
Attack 8: Protect

Physical Difference: Around his neck, the necklace is missing. Also, on the top of his head, the wavy bits are all one colour, not different coloured tips.

Other Facts: When he gets angry, his Psybeam turns a dark purple-ish black colour, showing his fury... His darl side...

Personality: Jackson is a very secretive Pokemon... He doesn't like talking, or laughing, or having fun. He's a bit of a grouch at times, but that's just because of his past. If someone seems upset, he'll get upset too. He'll hide it, though. He seems unemotive, but he never opens up to anyone, and never shows any emotion. When he's on his own, his feelings come through.

(I know this is pathetic compared to Darth and Psychic, but I don't really have much else to put. I understand if you deny me... *sniff*)
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Last edited by Mitsuzo-kun; 08-12-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Ehhhh, just stick me in a new team, if you please. Someone else who joins it can make up the name. =P

And Eeveeking, your banner is incredibly annoying in that I now have to scroll sideways to read text. Now each page you post on is about twice as big as it should be. Big pain-in-the-but for a banner that doesn't need to be so freaking huge. @_@

~Psychic
Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Hidachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Sounds cool. Can I join?

Name: Michael Orisukai
Species: Squirtle
Squad Name: Tide
Squad Position: Main 1 (Leader)
Attack 1: Bubble Beam
Attack 2: Bite
Attack 3: Water Gun
Attack 4: Tackle
Attack 5: Rapid Spin
Attack 6: Skull Bash
Attack 7: Iron Tail
Attack 8: Surf
Physical Difference: (Darker)
Other Facts: Michael is always practicing, and never with out his blue bandana around his neck. He can also change the Teperature off his water from a few degrees above freezing to Scalding Hot.
Personality: Always ready for a fight, Michael trains to the point of fainting. When not training he's thinking of new ways to train. With not many friends due to his seclusion, he sometimes feels lonely. Being the leader of Team Tide, he has work to take care of time-to-time. But when nothing's in his way, he's very friendly. Being an Optimist, he always sees the bright side of things, before the dark.

Before he was changed into a Squirtle he played A LOT of video games, so he didn't have many friends. The few friends he had like him for the funny, short-tempered guy that he was.

His strategy in battle is to go in close and get the opponent tired of attacking & missing. Then he unleashes a Powerful Skull Bash while they're dazed. Usually this doesn't work, so his normal strategy is to combine attacks to make them more powerful. For example, using Rapid Spin and Water Gun at the same time to unleash a huge amount of water everywhere.

Last edited by Hidachi; 07-18-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Amateur Trainer

Eeveeking929: *Is still waiting...*

Psychic: Right then.

djax94: I'm already the Strategist in CaW, but there are still spots for a main. You've got five days to finish that signup.

Hidachi: You're a few lines short in the section of personality. I also try to enforce a bit more realism than you usually see in Pokémon. If you mean zero degrees Farenheit, then your "water," would essentially be ice before it even leaves your mouth. And even if you'r measuring in Celsius, that water would mainly be little bits of ice--maybe a few drops of water, but mostly ice.

Last edited by Innocent Bystander; 07-18-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typo. >.<
Old 07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Okay, thanks! Sorry for trying to take your place, though... =[

I'll now finish the sign up. I'll be Main 2.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Hidachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Hidachi: You're a few lines short in the section of personality. I also try to enforce a bit more realism than you usually see in Pokémon. If you mean zero degrees Farenheit, then your "water," would essentially be ice before it even leaves your mouth. And even if you'r measuring in Celsius, that water would mainly be little bits of ice--maybe a few drops of water, but mostly ice.
Changed it, any better?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
x-Mizu-Tama-x Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to x-Mizu-Tama-x Send a message via Yahoo to x-Mizu-Tama-x

I would like to join.

Name: Akari Zaffiro
Species: Gardevoir
Squad Name: Team CaW
Squad Position: Main 2
Attacks
Attack 1: Psychic
Attack 2: Hypnosis
Attack 3: Dream Eater
Attack 4: Protect
Attack 5: Calm Mind
Attack 6: Healing Wish
Attack 7: Teleport
Attack 8: Shadow Ball

Physical Difference: Her eyes are strangely Dark Orchid with a slight tint of red around the middle. Her hair turns into a dark red when it reaches towards the end. Her crest that is on her chest is indigo instead of a light red. The scientists that turned her into a pokemon believe all these differences was caused by her DNA. Nothing is wrong with her, just her appearance.

Other Facts:

Personality: A word to describe her personality would probably be serious. She doesn't slack off or kid around when she's on a mission. Some people may call her a perfectionist since she always wants to do everything perfectly, though on mission, one thing might turn wrong and sometimes everything else does too. Akari though, learned not to panic and is able to improvise and might make the outcome become as perfectly as she planned it. When their mission is over and they have a while to calm down and goof off Akari acts as a loner, not wanting to talk to other people or pokemon. She would only talk when nesscessary, but there are those once-in-a-while times when she would sometimes relax and have a little fun. On missions, it seems she has a dual personality when her relax, carefree attitude is replaced with her serious, perfectionist attitude

Hatch: 1592
Done: 1878

Last edited by x-Mizu-Tama-x; 07-21-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Amateur Trainer

Mew Aqua: I'm beginning to question whether or not Eeveeking (the creator of the squad you want to join,) is even going to come back and finish their signup, so for the time being, no one can join that squad, really. Otherwise, you're accepted.

djax94: Okay, all you're missing is a few extra lines on personality.