Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 ğ Intro Boards ğ PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default new profile fields

i admined a vbulletin forum before, so i know you can add new profile fields with the admin interface.

I think it would be a good idea if we got profile fields for our in-game name and FC, then it could be displayed in our info every time we post (along with post count, location, etc.) it would just make it easier and would have no real down side..

What does everyone think about this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Groudon_fan's Avatar
Groudon_fan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a small room. I'm clastrophobic!
Posts: 1,230
Send a message via AIM to Groudon_fan Send a message via Yahoo to Groudon_fan
Default Re: new profile fields

I agree, I HATE having to go to my Pal Pad every time I need to do Wi-Fi.

PS. All my pokes are legit but I have no Sig space.
__________________
Code:
Free Pie! [URPG]Numel:: [VPP] Numel from 1146 Hatches at 1161 Evolves at 1245 Finished 1446 Ħqoou ıɥ Mmm! click this! Ħqoou ıɥ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Bloo-'s Avatar
Bloo- Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Foster's.
Posts: 26
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
i admined a vbulletin forum before, so i know you can add new profile fields with the admin interface.

I think it would be a good idea if we got profile fields for our in-game name and FC, then it could be displayed in our info every time we post (along with post count, location, etc.) it would just make it easier and would have no real down side..

What does everyone think about this?
Because people who don't play D/P might not want it in there profile.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo- View Post
Because people who don't play D/P might not want it in there profile.
then they don't have to put anything...just like if i leave the location input blank..nothing shows..

look at my info now. it says:

Join Date: Jun 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 212

no location because i left it blank. FC and game name would do the same thing.
__________________

Last edited by Berserk Gene; 07-12-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:17 AM
MustangGT's Avatar
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,512
Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: new profile fields

Ithink it should happen, thats a great thing
__________________
|"MY Money Pit"|

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

I guess we'll have to wait for an admin's opinion on this. Hopefully they'll agree because i'd really like to have this, and i don't see any bad side to having it...it would make things alot easier for us. Plus it's not exactly hard to do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Lord Torterra's Avatar
Lord Torterra Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: What's a Location?
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: new profile fields

i agree. im tired of wasting precious sig space or a post for my fc.
__________________

^ Props to Bobby_Digital72 from Neoseeker.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Torterra View Post
i agree. im tired of wasting precious sig space or a post for my fc.
that, and it's in a different place in everyone's sig...makes things ridiculus. Half the time people have 3 trainer cards in their sig all with different FC's.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: new profile fields

So all you're saying is have friend code and ingame name in your profile? Honestly, there are many many people who don't have Diamond or Pearl.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
So all you're saying is have friend code and ingame name in your profile? Honestly, there are many many people who don't have Diamond or Pearl.

so? I don't see how that's even a factor. there's many many people who don't enter anything in the location field. So lets get rid of it!(?)

It won't hurt anything. You don't have diamond or pearl, or wifi, you don't HAVE to enter anything.

Some people don't have sigs. Lets get rid of the option completely.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Shadow Eevee's Avatar
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere. :o
Posts: 6,902
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Gene View Post
so? I don't see how that's even a factor. there's many many people who don't enter anything in the location field. So lets get rid of it!(?)

It won't hurt anything. You don't have diamond or pearl, or wifi, you don't HAVE to enter anything.

Some people don't have sigs. Lets get rid of the option completely.
I'm just saying, this forum doesn't revovle around Diamond and Pearl, Wi-fi and friend codes. People could just put it in their avatars, banners or just write it. It's not that hard to have a balanced signature.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 PM
The Jr Trainer's Avatar
The Jr Trainer Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 8,426
Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
I'm just saying, this forum doesn't revovle around Diamond and Pearl, Wi-fi and friend codes. People could just put it in their avatars, banners or just write it. It's not that hard to have a balanced signature.
Or we could get more space in your Sig, that wouldn't be bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

It's not that hard to have a balanced signature - true. It's extremely hard to make other people have a balanced signature.

This forum doesn't revolve around diamond and pearl? True. And my response: So? It makes things easier for those of us who DO need to exchange friend codes and those of us who DO have diamond and pearl.

People who don't post in the d/p forums, don't battle online, and don't have a friend code won't even experience a change, so what's the problem here? I'm still waiting for an answer to that question.

People who don't have friend's codes and don't post in d/p won't experience any change.

People who battle/trade online and post in d/p will be given a great convienence.

Therefore, there is no downside.

How could you seriously be against this? I mean really..

And more sig space isn't the answer, the admins have given us plenty. A small, tiny line that says "FC: 0054-3456-3454" by your other info will be smaller, more organized, neater, and more easy to find. Since people can put anything in their sigs, and just decide to throw an FC or two in there somewhere..
__________________

Last edited by Berserk Gene; 07-16-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
BladeTest's Avatar
BladeTest Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fighting in the Arrancar War
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: new profile fields

I find this completely usless, for one, if you people are too lazy to post your FC, then you don't deserve to battle or trade. If you people have a problem with having to put your FC in your sig, once again your fault. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus, most people just joined here for D/P. Which isn't really right.

-Ichii
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Berserk Gene's Avatar
Berserk Gene Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Location Location
Posts: 734
Default Re: new profile fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
f you people are too lazy to post your FC, then you don't deserve to battle or trade. [/color]
Completely illogical, argument is void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you people have a problem with having to put your FC in your sig, once again your fault.
No...that's not it...it's having to find someone elses FC, and this would make it easier. It's not about something being broken or something being fixed, it's about activating a feature that already exists..because it would be useful.

We don't need subscriptions. Let's do away with them. If you're too lazy to go find a thread, you don't deserve to post. (your argument, just with a different subject)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeTest View Post
Plus, most people just joined here for D/P. Which isn't really right.
I completely expected this. Everyone who has opposed this so far are the people that just have a predjudice against the d/p forum, because of all the "newbs" and "spammers" they bring, so to speak. This also has nothing to do with the suggestion at hand and is void.


- Berserk Gene (i am going to put a dash, than my username, to make my post look more important.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com