Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: Hotaru's Art thread! :D Beware the cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru Pachirisu View Post
OHHH

Ok, totally know what the problem is now.

See, I am a pretty lazy person. When you upload something from photobucket it automatically makes those little convenient thumbnails... and after a hard day of trying to set up the thread, they where just so tempting I tell you! I shall make some better ones when I get the chance though, since I can see now they are quite a bit more blurry than I would like them to be.

They look OK when you click on them though, right? Some of them had to be saved at 80% because of filesize limits on the website I use them on, but none of them noticeably have that static sort of look the thumbnails do on my computer.

I'm going to try and get some of my real media art up.. though this might take awhile. D: Crappy digital camera + horrible picture taking skillz= Mission impossible.
They look perfect when you click on them, just at a first glance they look blurry. May I suggest posting links instead?

The new cat is so cute ^^. Remind me of mine a little o_o.

Oh and some of the pokemon images remind me of Sutio Ratio (which is always good ;DD)
Old 07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Hotaru Pachirisu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hotaru Pachirisu

Calypso: Nooooo. XD; Oh well, at least I got threw a whole page without someone mentioning Sutio Ratio~ ;-; Regardless, thank you.

Links would be easier on me for sure, but as someone who enjoys strolling threw art threads myself, (unless it's just 1 or 2 pieces) I don't really have the patience to go threw every picture and find myself just randomly clicking links. I like the convenience of a little preview, seeing something that interests me, then enlarging it to see the deals if I want to. You know, something similar to browsing someones DA gallery. So I've adopted doing so in my own threads. ^ ^

Do you mean The glass cat? =D

DratiniLover:
Read my last few replys, I explain why I don't use PNG's and why the previews are blurry. (That will hopefully be fixed sometime today, at least some of them) <3 And wowie what a compliment, thanks so much!

Argento: Your patience was rewarded! BD; not very good quality, but it gets the job done. ::nods::

Jet: Yeah, I have far too many Pokemon I need to finish ATM, but hopefully as I complete new work and post up some more older stuff I can slowly fill up some would-be requests. Two Pidgeys with one stone! ::Bricked::

ChronoPika: Most of my Pokemon is drawn, an inked by hand, but I do darken the outline and do the shade coloring thing in one of 3 different programs: Photoshop elements, OpenCanvas, and Adobe Illustrator. (Elements is prolly the easiest one to get, 60$ at your local Wal-mart. )

Bulbasaur, oddish, Delcatty, and Contest eevee, and the turtle birthday picture where all done exclusively in Illustrator.

Growlithe, Riolu, Chise, Anthro Hotaru-Neko, Dawn Alaska's Portrait, Hotaru-Neko, Amy Headshot, Kat love Sunny, Remi, and Let it Snow where all drawn in Open Canvas, but all the cel shaded pieces where colored in elements.

Everything else was drawn and inked by hand, and colored in Elements (with the exception of chingling, it was colored in Illustrator. and 911 tribute that was done all within Elements )

As for how people get things to look anime like.. I have no idea. It just takes a lot of years of practice. I've gotten headshots down pretty well I think but doing full bodys really freaks me out. I can do it some days, and make a total mess of it other days.

I guess the only advice I can give you is to take a look at an atrists work and do some mental deconstruction. I always found it especially useful to look at unfinished work, or doodles. They are usually done very quickly, and provide a striped down/crash course-like look at how an artist sets up their work.

Hope I helped!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Sorrry ^^;

But Suta Ratio does own. Nonetheless though I like your design's better, they look more natural to the pokemon =3. I'm thinking 'tis the shading that causes an obvious resembelance =P
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Hotaru Pachirisu Offline

No, it's fine! xD Her stuff is cool too, it's just my Serebii art thread has forever given me a Suta Ratio clone complex. I mean, it's not like she has a copyright on cel shading Pokemons..

Anywho I have a new WIP! O:'

Inspired by an episode that aired earlier this week. I like lil Pokemon and Pokemon that don't evolve soo.. drawing my OC as a member just seemed right. n.n It's obviously not done, but I hope to add a few more Pokemon into the picture.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Nice Sketch though, acually great sketch.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Hotaru Pachirisu Offline

Sorry for the random poofing, I got DSL now though!

I do have something new to share with y'all. ^^

Sketched out on paper, but outlined, colored and shaded in Illustrator.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Hotaru Pachirisu Offline

New stuff

and a treat for those zelda fans ;3

Old 08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Hoshika Offline

Yay and... uh... yay? I is not remembering of the odd creature. You call that a bombchu? I must be having memory lapses! D:
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Hotaru Pachirisu Offline

::snort:: Alright I guess I have to pull out my little explanation.. XD

This.. is Bombchu :'D

I made him for my birthday event. As I'm a huge zelda fan I've always associated bombchu's and Pikachu's together (name,colors, pointy ears, lolz)

It was also nothing I've seen done before so... here it is. <3

I like how it turned out xD

as a little info on the critter: Bombchu is a electric/steel type Pokemon with the natural ability to use both Self destruct and Explosion.

It is much faster than your adverage Pikachu, but can become reckless as to keeping track of where it's been and where it's going.

for those of you non zelda fans (shame on you! D< ) here is what a bombchu looks like
Old 08-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru Pachirisu View Post
::snort:: Alright I guess I have to pull out my little explanation.. XD

This.. is Bombchu :'D

I made him for my birthday event. As I'm a huge zelda fan I've always associated bombchu's and Pikachu's together (name,colors, pointy ears, lolz)

It was also nothing I've seen done before so... here it is. <3

I like how it turned out xD

as a little info on the critter: Bombchu is a electric/steel type Pokemon with the natural ability to use both Self destruct and Explosion.

It is much faster than your adverage Pikachu, but can become reckless as to keeping track of where it's been and where it's going.

for those of you non zelda fans (shame on you! D< ) here is what a bombchu looks like
Ahahahah, like the real LoZ Bombchu, it runs around and asplodes. Awesome. =P

I've associated this lil' thing called a ChuChu with the real Pikachu. Sad. :|

I've also noticed the lines get kinda fuzzy. When you're in the lineart stage of the picture, sharpen it. It could just be me, though... >_>
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:14 AM
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Wingull

You are a very good artist.
Hope you can make more.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Ah, so cute Hotaru! :3!