Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: T3h \/\/@r 3 2/3 l)eb@+e +hreAl)!

Nick, just make sure you post the winners of your section in the War Stats thread.

Also, it's saying "Best Place In the World Ever!"

Old 01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Best place in the world, ever? Hard to say, seeing as I've never left England before. But if I had to say anything...

Japan. The best games, the best animes, the best everything. If it wasnt for Japan, Pokemon wouldn't exist, and neither would a hell of a lot of anime like Gundam, Inuyasha, etc. Games like Final Fantasy would be nothing, and worst of all...

THIS DAMN FORUM WOULDN'T EXIST! That's right dudes, you owe your pathetic little lives on these here forums to Japan and their originality; the home of the greatest video games, and the all and ever popular anime! Diss Japan and you diss your life, f00. :P

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 01-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Best Pl@ce in the w0rld? Disney World!

The staff (As they call em the cast) are required to say only nice things to you (Me: Hey Jackass! Make my food! Employee: On My way SIR!). And they have a lot of rides, hotels, and souveneir shops. Disney is Divided into 4 Theme Parks and D0wntown Disney. MGM Studios houses Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Drew Carey as an Undercover Cop Sounds Dangerous. Animal Kingdom has a Safari which is different every time, and a Lion King show where they crappily reanact songs from the movie. Magic Kingdom is the best park. They have 2 parades and Fireworks every day. hey have a shooting range, Cinderella's Castle, a model of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, A Spitting (Fake) Camel, The Haunted Mansion Ride, and your favorite ride with the song that drives you nuts: Its a Small World. MUAHAHA! I now have it stuck in your head! Its a small small world afterall. Its a small world, Its a small world afterall! I was never at EPCOT, so I cant tell you what's there. Also, MGM Stands for Mickey Got Money, not Met(Something) Golden Mayer! And the Joke every bus drivers Why did Tigger look in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh! The Hotels are very cozy, and you can get a variety of Disney Owned or Partnered with channels. Thank God though FOX News aint one of them. There's a Mini-Fridge and a cozy bathroom where the cleaners leave you a new Mickey Soap and Mickey Shampoo every day. And you can take them home with you. You can also buy newspapers to stay up-to-date at Disney World. Also, the hotels have a food court where you can get pancakes, French.. Ooh, my bad... Freedom Fries, Chicken Nuggets, Burgers etc. You can also buy a Refillable cup for $10 and get free drinks for the time you spend at Dinsey World. You also get a key-card with your tickets. It is the Key to your room, and you can charge stuff on it like a credit card. And finally, you can search for Hidden Mickeys at Disney World. OR you can buy a Cheat Guide. All in all, Disney World is the best place Evur!

Team: Neo Aqua-Frost
Old 01-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

You really think that Disneyland is the best place ever... see, they got to you. There slogan is in your head and you've been warped. The food there cost more than my lunch and dinner combined, and that's just to get a soda. The best place ever is somewhere you shouldn't have to pay to get in everyday.

The best place is California. I hate it but it really has everything. Beaches, mountains, forests, larege cities, small towns, HOLLYWOOD, sun, rain, snow, wind, wind, oh, did I mention sun. The reason why CA is the best place...... because if CA became it's own country, they could survive and be one of the top 7 countries in the world.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

No. It would stink to live in California. Sometime within the next thousand years, there will be a HUMONGOUS earthquake which will cause California to become the next Atlantis.

And, Its WORLD not land. Land is in California. World is in Florida, the place I'm talking about. And, the money doesnt count, Its the experience, the memory, and the insultation of the Staff and they have to be nice to you. You dont have to pay to get in everyday. A Hotel costs on Average $200 a night if you dont want the luxurious spa. 4-Day Park Hoppers (Which, BTW never expire) cost about $150. And Airfare is realtively cheap if you know where to look. So if you're gonna stay 5-nights by yourself, Its merely $1150. And finding good Airfare, I cant really say how much that costs, but about the same as flying to California does.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

Japan has got to be the best place in the world.

For one, thier language actually makes sense. Unlike english, where... let's say the letter E can be pronounced about 50 different ways, an E in japanese is always the same sound. Also the grammatical system is easy to understand.

Moving on to the culture- There are many sights, sounds, smells, and tastes in Japan that are worth experiancing! You may be impossed by the name of something, or what it is, but if you actually eat it, it's great! People just seem to have this little barrier in their minds about japan and how they like only eat raw fish... lies!

Mt. Fuji is not only a large, but beautiful mountian! Many artists climb up nearby hills every day just to get a glimpse at the normally cloud-hidden mountian.

The technology of Japan is amazing. This is partially do to the work ethic of the country, and the morals held by the people. Unlike in the quick-fix-instant-oatmeal society in America, where we make mountians out fo molehills and molehills out of mountians, when the japanese have a problem, they do something about it. Not only that, they don't waste their time trying to cover-up what really happened, make it into something else and syndicate/overpopulate it. Their leader is straight-forward and level-headed, unlike Bush, who seems to do whatever the hell he wants.

They are also very innovative. As stated above, many of the world-wide trends are originaly Japanese, or made better by them! Had it not been for them, most video games, or electronics for that matter wouldn't be in existance! (Or if they were, probably not as good...)

Yes, the Japanese have truely outdone us many times over. MANY times over indeed.

Now to argue-

rust? DISNEY LAND?! LOL. You're idea of the best place in the world? Maybe for toddlers... I don't care how nice they are, if you piss off the people in those costumes enough, they CAN and WILL attack! Expecially if you kick em' around enough. And they you get kicked out of the park, and there isn't much to do. Disney is the company that has dwelled apoun Quick-run classics. Have you see their latest work? Ever since Walt died, They've only been dishing out over-rated crap like... Nemo. Everything they do is in partnership with like Pixar and w/e.

The food isn't that great, the rides aren't that great, nothing is really great at Disneyland. It's sybolic of the company, though.

OVER-RATED!

I rest my case.

EDIT: Land, world, it's all the same. Give it up.

TEAM: Neo Aqua-Frost
Old 01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

I actually hurt my back on a ride at Disneyworld. The Aerosmith Rollercoaster. It goes 60 MPH and goes upside down. And no. Being a toddler does not give the full experience of Disney World. Hell, you dont even remember most of the stuff there when you're a toddler. There are also a lot of scary rides like Haunted Mansion. Many of the 3D rides can scare the crap outta you.

And they get fired if they do something to you. That was only a joke so I win. I liked the food and rides there too. And EPCOT has an assortment of foods from other countries (20 I think the guide said). And Downtown Disney has the Biggest Disney Store and Biggest Arcade in the World (That is te truth). The arcade is 5 stories high. Unlike you, I thought Nemo was okay. Yes, Disney may not come up with the best ideas, but some are good. The Santa Clause became a Christmas Classic. Have you ever been to Disney World? If you have you certainly wouldnt call it land.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:13 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

=_= doesn't really matter, rust. Not at all.

See, Japan HAS a disney world, too. SO HAH! And you can get foods from all around the world there, too. People are respectable, kind, and they DON'T all dress up in costumes and wave and sign autographs.

And Nemo wasn't TOTAL crap. It WAS fairly good, but still overated. As an aquariest, though, I found many flaws in the movie that really bugged me.

And "The Santa Clause".... was a great movie.

But the point was that I was talking about the ANIMATION. The live-real-people movies are pretty good.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

Week 2 has ended! >_>

War week topic 3:

Liek omg!

Da \/\/0rs+ P0l<e/\/\0/\/ g@/\/\e 1/\/ d@ e/\/+1re \/\/0r1d!

(The worst Pokemon game in the entire world)
Old 01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

TCG. I couldnt even get out of the first room. It made No Sense. I couldnt even play people in the TCG. There was no multiplayer and the graphics sucked.

*Throws Pokemon TCG Video Game Burning Party*
Old 01-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Next topic for WEEK 4:

Weirdest piece of food evar!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

I would probably say... Pizza. One of the tastiest inventions ever created, not to mention one of my favourite foods. However, it's quite a strange creation when you think about it.

A large, circular bread base, smeared with squashed tomato, and then covered in a layer of melted cheese. It tastes great, but who on Earth managed to create such a thing? It's bread, fruit, and cheese that's all been flattened to create a tasty snack/meal!

Then it get even stranger when you add an assortment of different toppings. You can have: chicken, fish, pepperoni, salami, mushroom, pineapple, ham, more cheese... the list is endless; but no matter what toppings we put on it, we never seem to consider how strange it is that we've taken food from almost every food group, put it all together, and then eat it. I am seriously the only person in the world who thinks it sounds strange?

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 01-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

The strangest food on the planet? Broccoli. Ever since the creation of the human kind broccoli has plagued the taste buds of kids, becoming notorious in its own right. Very few children ever agree to eat it. Of course, the question still remains: Where on earth did it come from? Or, should I say... Where in the universe did it come from?

Yes, broccoli. A food hated by many. A food created to torture us. Where did it actually come from? Was it left on Earth by the Bungie covenant? Did it mutate from a bean like the one that grew the beanstalk?

Well, origin aside... Why does broccoli look so... Unappetizing? Usually food is supposed to look good so you'll eat it. What's different about this? Why would kids rather be grounded than eat this... Abomination?

In conclusion... Kids hate broccoli, even if it's "good" for them. It was created as some sort of a torture device, to make children do the creators bidding. We still class it as "food" when so many people refuse to believe it. What does all this point to? Broccoli. Is. Hitler.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Week 5! Woo-hoo!

Errr...

Errr.....

:3es+ +h1/\/g +0 d0 0u+s1de!11111111111111111

(Best thing to do outside.)
Old 02-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I was busy today.

One of my favourite things to do outside is to have a barbeque. I love the food, the weather's always nice when we have them, and the whole family can just relax outside and talk about nice things for a change.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Closed Thread