Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 03-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Astro Boy

Does anyone like this new anime series on cartoon network at 4:00 central? It's not new though it's based of a *** comic book in the early 1950's. I think it's a okay anime but it doesn't really compare to others now.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
KenshinU Offline

Default Re: Astro Boy

Aawww.... Astro Boy. ^_^ It was the first Japanese animated TV series to feature on ongoing plot. Often known as the first anime series, but the first Japanese animated series was Manga Calendar.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Aawww.... Astro Boy. ^_^ It was the first Japanese animated TV series to feature on ongoing plot. Often known as the first anime series, but the first Japanese animated series was Manga Calendar.
I know it's still pretty good. I'm still trying to get Astro's past when he was Toby-Oh. Was he evil or something?
Old 03-19-2004, 03:51 AM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

No offense, but haven't any of you heard of Astro Boy before?!?!?!?!?!?! Osamu Tezuka is known as the god of manga partly because of it. Astro Boy is more well known in Japan than Mickey Mouse is in America! Anyway, Tobio was not evil but simply died and his father, Dr. Tenma created Astro in his place. Astro was the most advanced robot in the world with human emotions and everthing but when Tenma realized that he would not grow like a real boy, he threw him out. Astro was discovered and fixed by Dr. Ochanomizu (*shudders* Dr. Oshay here). Sorry if I seemed rude but Astro Boy is awsome and I'm just trying to be informative.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:13 AM
KenshinU Offline

No offense, but which part of my post makes you think that I never heard of Astro Boy?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

The whole reason I made this thread was for Astro Boy.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Tsurara Send a message via Yahoo to Tsurara

What Fire_Trutle means is that you made it seem like it's a "NEW" anime, like it's just fresh from the studios...as if Astro Boy was a completely new anime. When it's been around since 1951. Along with Dr.Tezuka's many creations.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:37 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Man, I loved that series....and then Cartoon Network takes it away from us cableless people!! >_<
Shoot, just when WB gets a non-butchered anime series with an awesome plot and animation, it gets snatched away after 4 episodes!

Sigh...well, hopefully it'll be released on DVD sometime in the future. I guess it's good that the last episode on WB wasn't a cliffhanger, ending with Atlas' death.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:25 PM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara
What Fire_Trutle means is that you made it seem like it's a "NEW" anime, like it's just fresh from the studios...as if Astro Boy was a completely new anime. When it's been around since 1951. Along with Dr.Tezuka's many creations.
Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
DarkMasterX Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_turtle
Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.
Well you obviously can't read since Ken already made it clear that Astro Boy was an old and also the first Anime to be aired. He didn't say anything about it being new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Old 04-01-2004, 04:40 AM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Sorry if I worded it badly but I only meant Marco since Kenshin seems to know his stuff. Also, I only meant that you were talking about it as if it were new. I know that you know it is not but you were making it seem like it was. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:51 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Astro Boy is not only a classic, but considered by many the God of all animes. I don't know too much about it, but I know the general idea of it. Overall, I don't like dubbing, because most of the time, it's poorly done. As for Astro Boy, from what I've seen, it's not working for me. I would enjoy the anime better with subtitles. I don't blame them for dubbing it, it's easier for most people instead of having to read what people say and watching what's happening at the same time. Anyways, Astro Boy has a good story to it, and it's really a good thing that it's here in the US so that more people can enjoy this anime.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:18 AM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Yeah, I just can't wait 'till they bring it back to WB. They only had 4 episodes!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_turtle
Yeah, I just can't wait 'till they bring it back to WB. They only had 4 episodes!
Dude... Look when I made this thread
which is the first post. If you didn't read it I said it was a japanese comic book in the early 1950's. It's a new anime though.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Tsurara Send a message via Yahoo to Tsurara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Dude... Look when I made this thread
which is the first post. If you didn't read it I said it was a japanese comic book in the early 1950's. It's a new anime though.
It's not a new anime!!!!! It's been around since the 1950's! It was the "first anime ever" really. Yeah, it was a manga, but it was animated back then also. It came to America and I bet some of your parents have seen it, along with "Kimba The White Lion". It's a new anime to you because you've never seen it before it was on the WB. I highly doubt it will be aired on the WB again.