Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Ultra_Espeon Offline
New Trainer

Unhappy E4 Help

I am in the E4 of my diamond game, and i admit that I entered it a little under prepared. I am stuck on Lucien. Any help on beating him and Cynthia would be wonderful.

My team consists of:

Empolen@Amulet Coin Lv.57
Aqua Jet
BubbleBeam
Drill Peck
Brine

Starraptor Lv. 56
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Double Team

Dialga@Adamant Orb Lv. 55
Metal Claw
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

Machoke Lv. 31 (Fainted)
Rock Clinb
Strength
Revenge
Vital Throw

Bibarel Lv. 15
Rock Smash
Cut
Surf
Waterfall

Zubat Lv. 15
Bite
Fly
Defog
Supersonic

I am carrying:
Poxtionx6
Super Potionx5
Lemonadex10
Moomoo Milkx2
Hyperpotionx9
Max Potionx3
Full Restorex10
Revivex4
Max Revivex3
Etherx3
Max Etherx4
Elixirx1
Max Elixirx2
And various status healing stuff

I also have most of the hold items picked up throughout the game.
I have saved before Lucien so I cannot leave to level up.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Espeon EX Offline

Send a message via MSN to Espeon EX
Default Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Elite Four Discussion

To help others out on the E-4, I'll post the team I used for the E-4:

Infernape
staraptor
luxray
Gastrodon
Roserade
Garchomp

All were level 55, but managed to gain a few levels, if your team is below level 50, then your probably having trouble with it. Here's how I defeated the E-4: For the first person, I used Infernape(if you havent chose this, then any other fire type will work like rapidash) and Staraptor(or any other flying types) to defeat his bug typed pokemon. For Drapion, I used Gastrodons earthquake(or you can use a pokemon who knows it) to defeat it. Second person I used Roserade to take out ALL her pokemon, so no worries there. Third person, I used Gastrodon(or any other water type) and used surf and earthquake on rapidash and infernape, for steelix and lopunny, I used Infernapes fire and fighting moves(use a fighting pokemon or a fire for this one!) And drifblim, I used Garchomps Crunch. For lucian, I used Garchomp for lucians psychic typed pokemon and for bronzong, I used infernape(or any other fire type!) Lastly for Cynthia, I first used Gastrodon(or any STRONG pokemon since it has no weakness), for Garchomp, I simply used Gastrodons ice beam(or a pokemon with ice typed moves!) For Roserade and lucario, I used Staraptor and Infernape, for milotic, I used Luxray and bolted it out. Finally for her gastrodon, I simply used Roserade(or any other grass types!). Make sure you bring plenty of Ethers and hyper potions or any other items to help you out!

THIS IS HOW I DEFEATED THE E-4!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Yughi Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
To help others out on the E-4, I'll post the team I used for the E-4:

Infernape
staraptor
luxray
Gastrodon
Roserade
Garchomp

All were level 55, but managed to gain a few levels, if your team is below level 50, then your probably having trouble with it. Here's how I defeated the E-4: For the first person, I used Infernape(if you havent chose this, then any other fire type will work like rapidash) and Staraptor(or any other flying types) to defeat his bug typed pokemon. For Drapion, I used Gastrodons earthquake(or you can use a pokemon who knows it) to defeat it. Second person I used Roserade to take out ALL her pokemon, so no worries there. Third person, I used Gastrodon(or any other water type) and used surf and earthquake on rapidash and infernape, for steelix and lopunny, I used Infernapes fire and fighting moves(use a fighting pokemon or a fire for this one!) And drifblim, I used Garchomps Crunch. For lucian, I used Garchomp for lucians psychic typed pokemon and for bronzong, I used infernape(or any other fire type!) Lastly for Cynthia, I first used Gastrodon(or any STRONG pokemon since it has no weakness), for Garchomp, I simply used Gastrodons ice beam(or a pokemon with ice typed moves!) For Roserade and lucario, I used Staraptor and Infernape, for milotic, I used Luxray and bolted it out. Finally for her gastrodon, I simply used Roserade(or any other grass types!). Make sure you bring plenty of Ethers and hyper potions or any other items to help you out!

THIS IS HOW I DEFEATED THE E-4!
i agree even if i dont have the game my freand got ot sent to him from america i need to wait till 27th july to get it

PS i want pearl
Old 07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Yea don't need high levels just decent plus healing items..^^

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post
Yea don't need high levels just decent plus healing items..^^
Completely agree.

Although, I will say that the Elite that was quite irritating was Flint. For one, his Lopunny really got on my nerves after I learned on my own that it had Mirror Coat under its belt. Most of my team were specials (except Infernape and Garchomp) and even then, when I would switch into them, his Lopunny managed to pull off Charm attacks, which severely hurt them. She wasn't much trouble to beat, but I had to constantly withdraw my physical attackers and predict the right time to use Garchomp so he could slice into that thing.

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 PM
The Admiral GiMoo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

i beat the elite 4 five times already

and my first team to successfully kill 'em was.

level 61 luxray
level 62 dialga
level 82 infernape
level 40 floatzel
level 52 uxie
level 50 azelf

second:

level 82 infernape
level 67 dialga
level 64 luxray
level 59 floatzel
level 61 uxie
level 51 azelf

Credit to Anastasia-R for making the banner!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Chuey Offline

Send a message via MSN to Chuey

Ultra Espeon:
Ok let's face it, that Machoke isn't gonna be much use, apart from it maybe last 2 turns for item healing, if you're lucky. Teach Fly to your Staraptor over Quick Attack, it may come in use.
you must teach surf over Bubblebeam on your Empoleon. And with that, you should be able to defeat them. Switching and healing your pokemon is much more effective than letting them die and then using a new pokemon.

FC: 5283 7922 5852
6v6
Level 100
Singles
No Legendaries
PM ME
Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Shock Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuey View Post
Ultra Espeon:
Ok let's face it, that Machoke isn't gonna be much use, apart from it maybe last 2 turns for item healing, if you're lucky. Teach Fly to your Staraptor over Quick Attack, it may come in use.
you must teach surf over Bubblebeam on your Empoleon. And with that, you should be able to defeat them. Switching and healing your pokemon is much more effective than letting them die and then using a new pokemon.
Fly Sucks.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Finchy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Finchy Send a message via MSN to Finchy Send a message via Skype™ to Finchy

On paper, I should have a fairly okay time with the E4.

Aaron can get a good hiding from my Staraptor, especially on Heracross. Drapion may be the only exception, and he can be finished off with something earthy from my Garchomp.
Bertha may be slightly harder. Sudowoodo, Golem and Hippowdon can quickly be sorted by my Empoleon. As for Quagsire and Whiscash, I was hoping to raise an Abomasnow, so that should be okay. Otherwise, I'll just overwhelm them with my Garchomp or something.
Flint should be a piece of cake. Empoleon can OHKO Rapidash, Steelix and Infernape, and Luxray can follow up by shocking Drifblim out of the sky. Lopunny is the only exception, but I'm sure Garchomp can be inventive ^^.
Lucian's gonna be a pain in the behind. Medicham can hopefully get taken down by Staraptor, and that's where it stops getting simple. Luxray knows Crunch, and Garchomp learns it at higher levels, so I may be able to bring a few of them down with that. I've heard Bronzong's a pain to take down. I was going to take it down with some ground-type moves from Garchomp, but not if he has Levitate. If that's the case, I'd just have to bring him down slowly.
Cynthia will be a compilation of pokémon and tactics, but I'm sure she'll crumble in the end; they always do :P
Old 08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Oo I beat the E4 (on my first try, no less) with these mons:

Staraptor lv 50
Luxray lv 50
Lopunny lv 50
Empoleon lv 50
Azelf lv 50
Palkia lv 47

Palkia was the first Mon in my Party, and she took out a TON of the E4's Mons with Water Pulse and Spacial Rend. Azelf was only used ONCE, and that was as a placeholder to revive Palkia when she got Fainted when I was fighting the third E4 or so. I had to Revive my Mon a few times and heal them up, but I didn't use hardly any of the Full Restores I'd bought and only about ten of the Hyper Potions out of 30. The hardest Mon to beat were Cynthia's DAMNED Milotic and Lucian's freaking Bronzong. Other than that, they all got PWNT. When it was all said and done, Karra (my Kia) had leveled up to 52 ^^. It was awesome that she gained five levels so quickly...

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-06-2007, 03:38 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull
Post Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Elite Four Discussion

I beat them with:

Palkia
Empoleon
Luxray
Pachirisu
Azelf
Rapidash

Then, I beat them with:

Palkia
Empoleon
Luxray
Pachirisu
Azelf
Flareon

THEN, I beat the crap out 'o them with:

Palkia
Empoleon
Luxray
Pachirisu
Shiny Masquerain
Flareon

Soon, I'll beat 'em with:

Shiny Absol
Empoleon
Luxray
Pachirisu
Shiny Masquerain
Flareon
Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 AM
zemerrock Offline
New Trainer

heh when i went to fight the e4 the highest i had was lvl 48, my alakazam, and i didnt even use it.

my team was this:

lvl 47 luxray
lvl 46 gastrodon (knew ice beam and EQ)
lvl 47 empelion
lvl 48 alakazam
lvl 46 staraptor
lvl 48 dialga(tought flamethrower)

by the end, gastrodon was lvl 59, empelion was lvl 54, dialga was lvl 50, luxray was lvl 53 and staraptor was lvl 52 lol..
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Zodeon Offline
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Zodeon

I think they were really easy, it would be good if they had a secondtime round with level 80+
Old 08-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Beech Daly Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Beech Daly Send a message via Yahoo to Beech Daly

The funniest thing was that my team was full of normals, and I defeated them easily.

66 Kangaskhan
69 Meowth
100 Zangoose
59 Porygon
61 Tauros
59 Miltank

(Sorry, Piplup never made it past the 3rd badge, once I got Zangoose)

Like in the Kanto region games (Fire Red / Leaf Green), the second and continuing rounds had the E4 with different Pokemon and levels that went up 10. Diamond and Pearl should have brought this with them as well, but they didn't.

I mean, there would be some better Pokemon than the ones they used... especially w/ Aaron. There would be two bug Pokemon which would give quite a problem to challengers.

But oh well
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
PaPeRpLaNe Offline
Elite Trainer

Really, all you need are Revives and a few Max Revives.
You just beat each one at a time, and Revive any you need.
Closed Thread