Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 11-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Raine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Raine Send a message via Yahoo to Raine
Default Add a new rule

I keep seeing SPAM...no duh...It's nothing new...And there's rules against SPAM...again, no duh it's nothing new...

But there's people that keep replying in the threads trying to correct the people, screaming at em that it's SPAM, etc. And at the time they're spaming to because it's a SPAM thread and any posts made in it is SPAM. I think there should be a rule forbiding people from posting and SPAM threads and leaving it up to the mods to correct the people SPAMing and lock the threads. Because to tell the truth knocking it up the page really isn't helping any.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:43 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Add a new rule

Add a new rule? How, we don't even have a rule thread
Old 11-14-2004, 02:52 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

There are reasons why people do that. For one thing, if nobody mentions that the thread is spam, then the person who posted it will think that it's perfectly okay for it to be there, and then will believe that it's okay to post most threads of the same kind in that board. So thus, the problem will only get worse and they won't be learning anything from their mistakes. To tell the truth, it's better to have only one spammy thread rather than several.

Second, mods can't be on 24/7, so they can't always be there to take care of the problem. It's better if the person who posted the Spam thread is immediately made aware of their mistake from a member that is already there at the time, and then letting a mod deal with the thread itself later on rather than just waiting for a mod to discover an even worse problem break out later on.

Old 11-14-2004, 02:55 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

I must agree with Raik and NP. We NEED a rule thread. And w/e NP said. =D

-PF

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 11-14-2004, 02:55 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Thats why we should hire ACTIVE MODS NP.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:20 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
I honestly think there's not much to worry about to have worry about more mods, we're doing fine. Sure, there will be a thread that needs a lock here and there, but those can be easily ignored and you can move on to other threads.
There's your answer VT...

Look, I'm not going to go that much further into this. I gave my reason and possibly the same reason why many other people respond to these kinds of threads. I'll just leave it at that.

Old 11-14-2004, 03:21 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineEX
I keep seeing SPAM...no duh...It's nothing new...And there's rules against SPAM...again, no duh it's nothing new...

But there's people that keep replying in the threads trying to correct the people, screaming at em that it's SPAM, etc. And at the time they're spaming to because it's a SPAM thread and any posts made in it is SPAM. I think there should be a rule forbiding people from posting and SPAM threads and leaving it up to the mods to correct the people SPAMing and lock the threads. Because to tell the truth knocking it up the page really isn't helping any.
If we don't tell them what is right and wrong, they will begin to complain. They'll double post saying stuff like "How come nobody is replying to my thread?", or "Come on, I really need help". Which is more annoying then normal SPAM.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 11-14-2004, 03:30 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
There's your answer VT...

Look, I'm not going to go that much further into this. I gave my reason and possibly the same reason why many other people respond to these kinds of threads. I'll just leave it at that.
But you know its true and so does Ryan, the forum is being over run by n00bs and Ryan is just sitting and watcing them take over. We need active mods.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:28 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

We have enough members doing that as it is, do we really need mods who scream at the newcomers instead of the normal members who already do that now? Besides, with more mods, we'd find more reason to keep everything in line, and we'd become more of a dictatorship or a fascist state than before.

Much of keeping a forum active is to let the members be able to do things. Too many rules will hinder that, and worse off is that there's no definition of what is SPAM exactly. Sure, we can say pointless/annoying messages, but what annoys me does not annoy someone else, and pointless is also in the eye of the beholder. Unless we define SPAM with concrete words, there's almost no way you can lock down on every piece of SPAM in the forum, and that'd just make members want to leave and never come back.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Raine Offline

People I said the mods should tell them that they are spaming.

We do have rule threads. All the READ FIRST, those are rules and we should add that to it. That only mods can post in SPAM threads.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

READ FIRST threads are not rule threads. They're scrap information thrown together. The URPG READ FIRST thread is different, but heck, they don't belong in the same group anyway.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Raine Offline

Well hell add new scrap information whatever. Call it what you wanna call it but it's a guidline you have to follow and if you ask me, that's a rule.

And I know mods can't be on 24/7...

Which is why we have more than one mod...

Last edited by Raine; 11-14-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:39 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineEX
Well hell add new scrap information whatever. It's all the same thing techniclly.

And I know mods can't be on 24/7...

Which is why we have more than one mod...
Would be rather pointless to have "1) NO SPAMMING BLAHBLAHBLAH 2) NO BLAHBLAHBLAH" in every READ FIRST thread. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Raine Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Would be rather pointless to have "1) NO SPAMMING BLAHBLAHBLAH 2) NO BLAHBLAHBLAH" in every READ FIRST thread. That's my opinion anyway.
Well it's annoying and we need to deal with it.

And sometimes they do it for attention...

And that's what they get when we promote it.

Last edited by Raine; 11-14-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Well take a look at the thread that HoennCallum posted even in this same board. After the question was ignored, what happened? He posted the same exact thread yet again. I can't say we really want that either, but that's what will happen if no one tells them that it's wrong for them to do that.

And honestly, I don't think anyone "promotes" the spam that people see in these threads. If anything, people are trying to condemn it.