Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Mysticjason's Avatar
Mysticjason Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
What Pokemon was it?
Oops.Forgot to mention it. It's Growlithe (adamant). So I don't even need that 25IVs for sp. attack. lol
__________________
Jason
4167-1206-4982


Art Ribbon given by anastasiar!

My Deviant Art
  #17  
Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Zodeon Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: England
Posts: 458
Send a message via MSN to Zodeon
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Rather lucky indeed, clone it incase you mess up when training.
  #18  
Old 09-08-2007, 10:37 PM
pokemaster1111 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Later.
Posts: 4,847
Send a message via AIM to pokemaster1111
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

But what if you get a pokemon from the GTS and you put in it's stats in the IV calculator. So I did so and it said incorrect stats and it give me a range of the stat that the pokemon should have(ex:245-275). Mine exceeded that and had 342, but I don't know how much EVs the OT originally put into it.....so what do I do? Please anyone, any help would be very helpful.
  #19  
Old 09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Cool Kid 94's Avatar
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I'm from my mom.
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
But what if you get a pokemon from the GTS and you put in it's stats in the IV calculator. So I did so and it said incorrect stats and it give me a range of the stat that the pokemon should have(ex:245-275). Mine exceeded that and had 342, but I don't know how much EVs the OT originally put into it.....so what do I do? Please anyone, any help would be very helpful.
Because it's touched. You HAVE to know the EVs of a Pokemon when checking IVs.
__________________
Avvie = Hyper Blaze | Banner = pokemaster1111
Battle Stats
Name: !CK94!
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.
  #20  
Old 09-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Wingull's Avatar
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: No. Just no.
Posts: 1,835
Send a message via AIM to Wingull
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
But what if you get a pokemon from the GTS and you put in it's stats in the IV calculator. So I did so and it said incorrect stats and it give me a range of the stat that the pokemon should have(ex:245-275). Mine exceeded that and had 342, but I don't know how much EVs the OT originally put into it.....so what do I do? Please anyone, any help would be very helpful.
Not to be mean or anything, but this Thread has been dead for atleast 2 months (Sort of)
So you shouldn't have revived it.
__________________
  #21  
Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 PM
pokemaster1111 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Later.
Posts: 4,847
Send a message via AIM to pokemaster1111
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kid 94 View Post
Because it's touched. You HAVE to know the EVs of a Pokemon when checking IVs.
Aren't there berries that decrease the stats that have Evs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingull View Post
Not to be mean or anything, but this Thread has been dead for atleast 2 months (Sort of)
So you shouldn't have revived it.
Yeah but this was an urgent thing.
  #22  
Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Cool Kid 94's Avatar
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I'm from my mom.
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
Aren't there berries that decrease the stats that have Evs
Yes, but you'll need up to 11 of them.
__________________
Avvie = Hyper Blaze | Banner = pokemaster1111
Battle Stats
Name: !CK94!
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.
  #23  
Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Ulazlo's Avatar
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 945
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
Aren't there berries that decrease the stats that have Evs


Yeah but this was an urgent thing.
yes there are the

kelpsy berries
hondew
tamato
grepa(something like that)
pomeg

that each reduce ev's for their specific stat. you get them from the native sinnoh trees, or from the berry master near hearthrome.

but cool kid is right that, if they fully ev trained a stat then you would need 11 berries to get rid of all the ev's.
  #24  
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Stubby Boardman's Avatar
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central standard time zone
Posts: 3,770
Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

nice guide thisll help me
__________________




  #25  
Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 AM
barnz Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingull View Post
Not to be mean or anything, but this Thread has been dead for atleast 2 months (Sort of)
So you shouldn't have revived it.
but this isn't really a real thread, it's a guide, and I think it's the only guide on IV breeding on the entire site, so I think more people will notice and use this guide now since it's back on the front page. Not to mention it's a good guide.
  #26  
Old 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Spartan777's Avatar
Spartan777 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 268
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

i hate iv breeding i got 31 speed in iv's on my timid charmander but it's hidden power is fire i need grass, electric, or ice.
  #27  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 AM
pikachufan25 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere Between Here and There
Posts: 711
Send a message via AIM to pikachufan25
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

This may sound dumb and be in the wrong the place, but what is the difference between IV breeding and EV training?
  #28  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Jet226 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ym wastng ur tym ;)
Posts: 329
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Nicee

I going to go look at your other guides if I have time..
__________________
New account: monkey_face
  #29  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Sigma_ Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AAAAAAAAAAA
Posts: 1,902
Send a message via AIM to Sigma_
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachufan25 View Post
This may sound dumb and be in the wrong the place, but what is the difference between IV breeding and EV training?
Read the "Explanation of IV's" in the first post.

Also, this is a much better calculator:

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Onl...lators/IV.aspx

About the article: It is very lacking, imo. It didn't cover chain IV breeding. You don't cover what the characteristics such as "Likes to thrash about" and "Somewhat vain" mean. Some of the information is wrong as well. Such as the "3 random IV's being passed down" part. Not just any 3 random IV's are passed.

"The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer."

This is from a breeding article on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653

Last edited by Sigma_; 01-10-2008 at 03:43 AM.
  #30  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:42 AM
pikachufan25 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere Between Here and There
Posts: 711
Send a message via AIM to pikachufan25
Default Re: Guide on IV breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma_ View Post
Read the "Explanation of IV's" in the first post.

Also, this is a much better calculator:

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Onl...lators/IV.aspx

About the article: It is very lacking, imo. It didn't cover chain IV breeding. You don't cover what the characteristics such as "Likes to thrash about" and "Somewhat vain" mean. Some of the information is wrong as well. Such as the "3 random IV's being passed down" part. Not just any 3 random IV's are passed.

"The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer."

This is from a breeding guide on a different website, if anyone wants to see it, PM me, because I don't know if I should advertise like that.
Thanks, I will definetly have to check it out some time.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com