Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Strawberry Maelstrom Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Strawberry Maelstrom
Default Komaquest

Background Information: This story is based off the video games Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Superstars, it also includes a few(MANY), media references, which include, and not limited to: Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Kirby, and random stuff I've ever thought of. In the video games, you use Koma, or Manga panels to create a deck to use. By selecting which panel you want to use, you can perform various tasks such as summoning a character, using attacks, or healing. My version is a bit different though. I hope you enjoy this complicated fan-fic, broken off into various missions.

Prologue: A group of scientists in the entertainment area had an idea for a game that encompasses all of the past, present, and future preferences of people. The created a holographic disk to use to play the game. The pieces were loaded into the disks. Players would have a 5 by 4 grid to play the pieces on. They would spread the pieces over the 20 squares and tap into various characters and abilities. Like with all major scientific advantages, a group found a way to make the game, called "Komaquest" into a dangerous weapon. The group called themselves "Komaquats" and unleashed their darkness onto the world. What was once an innocent pastime turned into a dangerous struggle for others. If anybody found themselves facing a Komaquat, they were thrown into a life or death struggle. the Komaquest champion formed an elite group of players to patrol the streets in search of the Komaquat base. Within the past year, there has been a shortage of patrols, leaving the remaining members to recruit people with brain power and durability. One of these recruits was Sean Marshall.

Mission 1(Chapters 1-3): Search for the Blood's Bane Koma

Chapter 1: Introduction

I walked with the group of recruits. My name is Sean Marshall, I am thirteen years old, I have brown hair and green eyes. The group all wore matching blue uniforms. We found ourselves in a giant hall with gleaming blue linoleum. In front of us were two elite members, one was a man in his mid-thirties, the other was a woman in her fourties. They both had brown hair and similar faces. The elder of the two stepped forward.

"Greetings recruits," she said in a cheerful tone, "I am Lisa, the commander of this squad. I'm sure you have heard of the Komaquats. We have recruited you here to not only help us stop their many thefts, but their use of the Komaboard as a method of killing enemies. The reason we chose you is because we've seen your various achievments. Some of you excel at playing Komaquest, others might be highly intelligent and able to think on your toes. I sure hope you like lectures, because I'm going to refresh your memory on how to play Komaquest."

I could hear several groans in the crowd. As I looked around, I could see several unique faces. I only recognized two people though. One was a dark-haired girl named Sasha, she was the Mexican Komaquest Champion from the year 2000 to 2004. The second was a small boy with really spiky hair. He was able to beat a supercomputer at chess at the age of 6. I wondered why they would pick me. I wasn't very smart, and I never played Komaquest before.

"Listen up!" Lisa yelled, "We all need to learn how Komaquest is played. It is very important! Let's start off with the basics. The object of the game is to use Koma to defeat all of your opponent's battle characters in play. Each Koma, or panel, is used to summon various characters or use various attack. Each Koma is a different shape and size and is played on a 5 by 4 grid. There are four types of Komas; Battle: which summons characters to fight until they are beaten, Support: which heals or attacks depending on the Koma, and they can be recharged for recycle, Weapon: which gives the character you choose a weapon to attack with, and finally, Technique: which can be used solo, or chained together so your characters can perform their powerful moves. Techniques require special points to use them. As you play, you'll unlock more special points. You start with 5 points and go up when you win a lot of battles. The highest number that we know of is 12, but we suspect the Komaquat elites to have higher numbers. You obtain new Komas by purchasing packs, trading, or winning battles. The cards in a pack are grouped into a theme. Some of them may have something to do with a character, while others are part of a strategy. There are two support Komas of interest: Male and Female. These let you use technqiues that can be changed depending on what gender you choose. Now, let's say that...Naruto is having trouble winning a fight, you want to use his jutsu against your opponent. You first start out with the Multiply Koma, since Naruto can multiply, he gains 2 clones for each Mulitply Koma used. Now he has two more Narutos to help, but what if that isn't enough. You can also use a Transform Koma. This Koma requires you to combo with another Koma so you can transform. Lets say we want to use the Ninja Centerfold. This is where the Gender Komas come into play. You can use transform and female to use the Ninja Centerfold and paralyze anybody nearby. But what if Mulitply and the Ninja Centerfold aren't enough? You can perform a new combo by using multiply and combining it by placing the Transform and Female Komas on adjacent panels. So instead of using the Shadow Clone Jutsu or the Ninja Centerfold, it becomes the Ninja Harem, strengthening the paralysis and the range. There are many other combinations to use, but you'll learn more by playing and watching then listening, right?"

"So are we going to get our cards so we can battle?" I asked.

"First, Lisa wants you to watch us battle," the man said, "I'm Charlie, and I'm the only other member of this squad, not counting the recruits."

The patrol officers showed off large blue disks they had strapped to their arms. They backed away from each other and activated the devices. A large rainbow-colored rectangle surrounded them. On the unoccupied sides, holographic screens projected both Koma boards so the spectators could keep up with the action.

Lisa's Board 7/7 Special Points

- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

Charlie's Board 7/7 Special Points

- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

Both disks displayed a 5 by 4 grid and folders for the different types of Koma. Both sides quickly pulled out Koma from the red folder and dragged them onto the grid. On Lisa's side, a boy with blonde hair and an orange jumpsuit appeared, the display on the sides revealed the boy as "Naruto Uzumaki." On Charlie's side, a man with black hair and an orange robe with a blue undershirt appeared. His name was Goku. The boards changed to show the characters played.

Lisa's Board 7/7 SP

N N N - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

N = Naruto(Battle Koma)

Charlie's Board 7/7 SP

G G G - -
G G G - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

G = Goku(Battle Koma)

The two characters darted after each other. They began close combat, punching, kicking, and dodging. Lisa pulled out a Koma from her blue folder and slid it onto the grid. A diamond-shaped knife appeared in Naruto's right hand. He swung several times, cutting through Goku. I watched in awe as Goku flew to the sky. Lisa cooly pulled out another piece from the blue folder and played it. Naruto threw three ninja stars at Goku, leaving them stuck in his flesh.

Lisa's Board 7/7 SP

N N N K -
S S S - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

N = Naruto(Battle Koma)
K = Kunai(Weapon Koma, used)
S = Shuriken x3(Weapon Koma, used)

Charlie's Board 7/7 SP

No change

Charlie seemed unphased as he reached into several folders. He pulled a new piece out of the red folder and also placed it onto the board. Another Naruto appeared on the field, but this one seemed more confident than the other. Charlie then took a Koma from a green folder and four from the white one. He placed them all on the board. His Special Points dropped down to 2 as his characters prepared an attack. Goku raised his hands high as he charged a giant orb. Naruto formed a smaller orb with his hands. As Goku threw the orb, Naruto's attack collected the energy, making his attack stronger. The boy charged toward the other Naruto. Lisa slyly pulled a Koma from her green folder and played it. As the resulting blast from the Rasengan Bomb subsided, a giant blue and tan creature appeared in front of an unharmed Naruto. The display updated itself.

Lisa's Board 7/7 SP

N N N K -
S S S S S
- - - - -
- - - - -

N = Naruto(Battle Koma)
K = Kunai(Weapon Koma, used)
S = Shuriken x3(Weapon Koma, used)
S = Snorlax Protect(Support Koma, charging)

Charlie's Baord 2/7 SP

G G G N N
G G G N N
S P T N N
- - C P N

G = Goku(Battle Koma)
N = Naruto(Battle Koma)
S = Share Your Energy!(Technique Koma, Used)
P = Power Orb(Technique Koma, Used)
T = Team Effort(Support Koma, Charging)
C = Charge Energy(Technique Koma, Used)
P = Power Orb(Technique Koma, Used)

"You shouldn't of used all that space," Lisa chuckled, "Now all I have to do is defeat Goku and Naruto."

"Heh, but you forget that Naruto's nearly dead," Charlie reminded her.

To be continued...

Diamond Friend Code
------------------------
Sean
1933-7453-8426

Last edited by Strawberry Maelstrom; 06-18-2007 at 10:57 PM.