Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Election 2008

I know it is a little early, but I think it is a great idea to discuss who you feel would make the best candidates for our next presidential elections!

I have a feeling that Hilary Clinton might be the Democratic nominee.... not sure though. I would like to see a woman to run for office.

For the Republicans, I have heard rumors that people like Former Mayor Joulionni (SP?) might be a nominee...

Who do you think might run in the primary elections for President in the next election?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:27 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default Re: Election 2008

I have no idea, as I am not an American, however I would LOVE to see a woman in Office. I can see the votes now, the women would adore it!

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 11-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

And I would love to see a black person in office, but we can't make miracles can we. <_<
Old 11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

I want to see hilary run and lose! Haha! Women can't be in office, they cry too much and smell pretty with help. The can't smell pretty by themselves! I want oprah to run! Oprah's a man, right?
Old 11-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolJolteonMaster
I want to see hilary run and lose! Haha! Women can't be in office, they cry too much and smell pretty with help. The can't smell pretty by themselves! I want oprah to run! Oprah's a man, right?
OMG XD!! You're honestly one of the stupidiest, most old-fashioned, and narrowminded person in existence XD. I thought people like you went extinct during the Middle Ages...but heh, you discover something new everyday =O.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
OMG XD!! You're honestly one of the stupidiest, most old-fashioned, and narrowminded person in existence XD. I thought people like you went extinct during the Middle Ages...but heh, you discover something new everyday =O.
Heh, got that right. I think thats the boy LJM. Theres a girl and boy. They seriously should get seperate accounts.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Luddico
Heh, got that right. I think thats the boy LJM. Theres a girl and boy. They seriously should get seperate accounts.
I thought the boy got in a crash and had to go to the hospital.

I do hope Hilary runs. She'd bring the US out of Bush's evilness. I dont think Dick Cheney would run though, because he has heart problems.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
I thought the boy got in a crash and had to go to the hospital.

I do hope Hilary runs. She'd bring the US out of Bush's evilness. I dont think Dick Cheney would run though, because he has heart problems.
Yeah, that's true, and he got into a coma, but he's better now. He has been for about four months.

And it would be nice for Hillary to run.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

If Hilary runs, SO many people would vote for her just because she's a female and not because of her political stances. Same goes for a black person running.

But then again, we have to start somewhere, don't we?
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael
If Hilary runs, SO many people would vote for her just because she's a female and not because of her political stances. Same goes for a black person running.

But then again, we have to start somewhere, don't we?
And i'm sure nobody voted for Bush because of his views on gay marriages, something most christians are against with a passion (Despite the fact Jesus cared for everyone and turned no-one away). lol In politics there will always be biasm (sp?), depending on who's running. I can say one thing though; not one person I know is happy Bush won. That means my friends, family, and even the teachers at school (Especially science teachers). Most people here in England haven't like him since he began this "War on terror", solely due to the fact that he dragged England into it, or so it seems.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 11-04-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

I would HATE to see Hilary Clinton run for president. She would probably win too because every woman in the U.S. would vote for her stupid self. Giouliani/McCain 2008!!!!

This suit is black not.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Wow.... stfu LJM. unless you know what you are talking about.... people like you really tick me off when the prejudice against a certain group of people....

I will be able to vote this next presidential election.... I don't know who IO would vote for... I think I would wait for the candidates to come out and say what they are for/against.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:35 AM
Lord Mullet Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lord Mullet

Schwarzeneggar's heading in the right direction, if we're lucky he'll be running by '08, but I say definitely in '12.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Jeez LJM, not cool.

I agree with Kamon on this one. No-one I know around me is happy about Bush winning, mainly because of the fact he drags religion into politics and that he dragged other country's into his war (ie England and Australia).

As I have said before, I would love to see the minority in office.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 11-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

It'd be quite interesting to see a woman at least run for president. O_o or even a black person. =\ What could be better? lol. Maybe them winning. Or, just to piss of you christians, what if we had a homosexual run? =P