Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default [WAR IV] ~:More Then One Way:~ [WAR IV]

More Then One Way

Born into darkness.
Never to see light.
It’s how he lives,
Knowing he cannot fight… reality.

It was late. The deep orange sun lowered itself from its throne in the clouds as the new king rose. Light began to vanish as darkness began to take over. The many soldiers that covered the sky began showing themselves. One after the other. Millions could be seen as the new king rose higher and higher.

Below, life was settling down. The calmness brought on by the king of the night was enough to settle even the hardest of hearts. One after another, the followers of the sun closed their eyes as their minds drifted into an alternate world. Except for one.

He sat in the open. Staring blankly into what he believed was the battle field of night and day. His body, a tan color. His paws, a deep brown like the earth itself. His green ears and tail ragged and bent like leaves. All over his body, the top of his forehead, the front and back of his neck, even on the lower parts of his legs, leaf like extensions could be seen. They were green, and curled like the leaves on a tree, but they were actually clumps of fur extending out. He was a Leafeon… and a follower of the moon.

“You can stop hiding. I know you’re there,” he spoke softly. Behind him… emerging from the bushes… a black colored canine with a skull on the top of his head. Sitting on his back were two grey colored crests. At the bottom of each leg, just above each paw, sit four grey colored cuffs.

“Impressive. How you could see me that is. I thought I had myself completely concealed behind that bush,” spoke the canine. His muzzle, as well as the bottom of his stomach, was an orange color. A Houndour, and another follower of the moon. He bared his teeth as he let out a single chuckle as he stood next to the Leafeon.

“See?” the Leafeon began as he slowly turned his head to face the Houndour.

“What the, you’re… you’re blind!” barked the dog as he stared into the pure white eyes of the Leafeon.

“I didn’t need to see. Your deep breaths gave you away,” finished the Leafeon. The Houndour stared at him. Deep breaths? How could that be true? The Houndour couldn’t even hear himself breathing! He opened his maw, ready to bark out at the Leafeon. “You needn’t say anything. I know what you want. You’re here to kill me aren’t you?” spoke the Leafeon as he turned back and stared up to the battle field once more. The Houndour closed his maw, staying silent for all of three seconds. He grinned and let out a chuckle.

“And what if I am? How would you be able to stop me?” he spoke. The Leafeon said nothing back. He just got onto his paws and turned his head to the Houndour once more.

“I have my ways,” he finally said. He then bent down, shot himself upward, and landed a few feet away from the Houndour.

“A battle huh? Fine. I have no sympathy for you, and I have even less guilt for killing the blind!” laughed the overconfident Houndour. He bent down, stared at his blind opponent, and shot forward. “This will be one of the easiest kills!” he hollered. He increased his speed, vanishing in the darkness provided by the night.

Standing perfectly still, the Leafeon did nothing but twitch his ears. He then twitched his head a bit to the right, barley moving it, and jumped back JUST as the Houndour slammed down onto the ground.

“What the heck! How did you dodge that?!” barked the Houndour as he got onto his paws, and lifted his head up from the ground. The Leafeon landed and slid back a few inches. He wasn’t even fazed by the attack. Waiting for a reply, the Houndour’s rage began to boil. He burst forward once more and spit out fire ball after fire ball.

The Leafeon smelled the scent of burning flames as they traveled through the sky. He jumped to his right and rolled on the ground, dodging the first fire ball. He got onto his feet and shot his body around, smashing his tail into the second fire ball, catching it. He then swung around in a full circle until the fire ball was shot out from his tail. It flew straight back to the Houndour, smashing him right in the face.

“Crap!” yelled the dog as he slid to a stop and shook his head back and forth. His rage was now boiling like the sun itself. He opened his mouth and released a Flamethrower. The large amount of fire traveled rapidly towards the Leafeon.

“Feon,” spoke the Leafeon as he let out a breath of air. He sat there as the flames hit him. Engulfing his body, they scorched and burned him as if he were a delicate little leaf. The Houndour laughed out hysterically at this sight. He then watched as the flames began to vanish.

“Not so energetic now huh?!” he laughed. His confident happiness quickly transformed into shocking anger. The flames, they didn’t burn the Leafeon at all! They burned a substitute of the Leafeon! “You’re not a normal Leafeon,” the Houndour snarled as he shifted his head back and forth like lightning. “How in the world could you have dodged that move when you can’t even see? How can you dodge ANY of my moves?” he added.

The ground beneath him began to crumble. The Houndour didn’t even notice until it was too late. The Leafeon burst out from under him, forcing him up into the air. The Leafeon then quickly looked up at him and shot out an on slot of Energy Ball attacks. Each swirling ball of grass energy smashed into the Houndour’s body, sending him flying further and further away from their sender. The Leafeon then shot forward at tremendous speed and leapt up. His body shot right into the Houndour’s falling one, dealing more then enough damage.

Spitting out saliva, the pupils in his eyes shrinking, his breath taking a pause. The Houndour felt the full force of the Giga Impact. He was sent flying even further then before. He landed on the ground head first, and bounced back onto his stomach. The Leafeon on the other hand had landed safely on the ground.

“How… how is this… possible?” spoke the Houndour as he struggled to get out each and every syllable. The Leafeon stared at him, and finally spoke.

“There’s more then one way to see.”

The Houndour forced himself back up and let out a huff of air. He then shot forward. The battle wasn’t over. And Leafeon’s victory… was slowly pulling away.

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 06-14-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Bay Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: [WAR IV] ~:More Then One Way:~ [WAR IV]

Hi RocketMeowth! ^^

Hehe, I actually like this piece so far. So, a blind Leafeon eh? I quite like his personality already! Also, I am liking the battle. Hehe, that Houndour should have not been too overconfident! XD

I see that you are getting better and better at description. Great improvement from the first time I saw your writing. ^^ I think this is my favorite part:

Quote:
It was late. The deep orange sun lowered itself from its throne in the clouds as the new king rose. Light began to vanish as darkness began to take over. The many soldiers that covered the sky began showing themselves. One after the other. Millions could be seen as the new king rose higher and higher.

Below, life was settling down. The calmness brought on by the king of the night was enough to settle even the hardest of hearts. One after another, the followers of the sun closed their eyes as their minds drifted into an alternate world. Except for one.
I assume this will be a short chaptered fic, right? If it is...Go Leafeon, go!

Well, good luck on this WAR thing! And oh, sorry for not reviewing your PMD fic for a while...been busy with school and work! ^^;;; Will try to catch it tonight though!

+Nothing, Everything+

Chapter Thirteen: It's All a Contest up (12/28/08)