Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Sticks and Stones: An RPG for 4 DEDICATED Players [Closed!]

Before I explain the rules of the RPG, it is important that you get some backstory on the world you'll be playing in.

The world of Lycandra is one with a past ravaged by war. Humankind, in its infancy as neanderthals, encountered a strange race of diverse creatures known as Pokemon. These animals posessed powers of the elements, powers that humankind, in its primal ways, saw as a threat to their lives. Human tribes would kill (or at least try to kill) any Pokemon they found, trying to protect their tribes, and as the race evolved they developed tools of war.

The Pokemon were exterminated in their entirety by a developing human race, and their powers absorbed back into the land from which they had stemmed. Humans, lacking an object to vent their militaristic instincts on for the first time in centuries, turned on each other.

The human race nearly destroyed itself as the factions battled each other, but the fighting was ended as the species slowly learned to coexist with itself.

To this day, peace remains, but as humans wreak havoc on their planet, they have begun to blame each other once more. The fires of anger are beginning to burn again.

Four of the human race attempt to escape the growing conflict as they hurry out of Barisdale, the capital of the Lanton nation...

This is where you lot come in. Four of you will play the four escapees as they encounter the remnants of the old world, and try to save the human race from itself. I understand that perhaps there is not much hint at what you can expect from this RP, but I don't want to give too much of the plot away.

I'll act as the GM, describing to you what happens when you do things, and playing the NPCs of the game.

These are the RP rules:

1) Please use proper spelling and grammar to the best of your ability. I've seen problems with this on many other forums and it really does cheese me off.
2) Each post must be at least 2 paragraphs long.
3) No god-mode or bunnying another player's character unless you have their permission.
4) If you're not going to stick with this, don't sign up. I'm expecting a long RP here and I don't want people just disappearing.
5) You ONLY control your character. Nothing else. If you do something, don't assume it'll work. For example, if you had a chainsaw and you wanted to cut a wooden plank, don't assume you'll be able to. Just say you try to cut the plank and I'll let you know what happens.

The sign-up form is below:

Character Name (first and last names):
Age (must be at least 15):
Weight:
Appearance (please put some detail into this):
Clothing (bearing in mind the season is early spring):
Personality (detailed):
Items in Backpack (no PokeBalls or anything like that, the Pokemon are dead. Up to 5 items):
Relations (see below):

Your relations may be important for the plot of the RPG, so please tell me the name, gender, age and occupation for your mother, father, and any siblings (these are required), and if you like anyone else you feel is important to your character. If they are dead, please put this.

You are allowed to be related to another player's character, but you must both agree to it and you must both put it in your sign-up sheet. If this means editing after you've already posted your sheet and then being asked about it, that's fine.

PLAYERS
-----------
Chad Zuxon (Marill)
Jason Aquilis (Chaos)
Rowyn Eccles (Bandit)
Tiana Moren (Tiana_M)

Channel Delibird is BACK, DUDES!

Warning: May Contain Vex

Last edited by Poke the North!; 11-12-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill
Default Re: Sticks and Stones: An RPG for 4 DEDICATED Players [4 Slots Open!]

OOC: This Role Play is a type that I haven't really been introduced to, so if I need to redevelope my profile, feel free to tell me so.

Character Name: Chad Zuxon

Height:
6'5"

Weight:
187 lbs.

Appearance:
Chad stands at a boasting six feet, five inches. He is of medium build, and appears to dominate every room he steps foot in. He has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a tanned complexion about him. His shoulders are very broad, and shoulders are toned well.

Clothing:
Chad has donned himself in a brown short sleeved shirt, with white embrodiery upon the lining of the shirt. He has a pair of dark blue jeans on, with brown boots smitten upon his feet.

Personality:
Chad was raised to respect all, and learn to love thy neighbor as you were to love thyself. However, he had to hide these qualities for a long time, due to the overwhelming prescence of society's values, which were everyone was to fend for themselves. Disgusted at having to keep them latent, he wishes to escape from society's grasp.

Items in Backpack:
-Gloves
-A Partial Stem of Rope
-Multiple Bottles of Water
-Bandana

Relations:
His mom and dad were nothing of impactful relevance in the world, they were just parents who tried to raise their offsprings to benefit, rather than suffer. He is an only child, thus only amplifying his love and respect for what his parents have given him, and for his parents themselves.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 11-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

Character Name: Jason Aquilis

Height: 6 Feet, 2 inches

Weight: 149 lb

Appearance: He is a skinny boy that is a little above the average size of 16 year olds in the town, he is not as muscular as some of the other boys but his anger converts into force and strength when he cannot take something anymore. He has a piercing emotionless gaze that can take anyone down in a staring contest

Clothing:

Personality: Is a emotionless boy who rarely smiles anymore, for he has nothing to smile for, his parrents are dead, and any relatives are without contacting, he is lucky to be alive, yet he doesn't know it. He is unhappy and angry at the way the tyrant of the land treets his people, so he has devised his escape plan, all he needs is his best friends to help.

Items in Backpack:
  • A Package of Drawing Pads.
  • Essential stuff(extra clothes, ect...)
  • A Sharpend piece of wood with a strange symbol in the part you hold(He hopes to get a real dagger
  • A case of Pencils, Pens, Markers, and other art media.

Relations:
Keith Flame(friend),
and Jack Storm(friend)

Character Name: Keith Flame
Appearance: Is older then the two so he is taller, he also is a ticking time-bomb who is constantly angry and can explode at any time. He is the Strongest one.
Clothing:

Character Name: Jack Storm
Appearance: Is the Youngest of the friends and he is also the smallest and weakest, but he ist the most inteligent, resorceful, and can use his sly, smoth-talking ways to get out of any fix someone gets him into, he agrees with his friends but tries to stay on the bright side of things. He is also the nicest, and kindest.
Clothing:

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!

Last edited by Crossfire Chaos; 11-04-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Bandit Offline
Master Trainer

Character Name: Rowyn Eccles
Height: 6'3
Weight: 185 lbs
Appearance: Dark brown spiked hair, blue/grey/green eyes, quite muscular.
Clothing: A dark navy t-shirt,also wears a navy bandanna round his head, and dark navy trousers, dark shoes that are helpful for climbing
Personality: Kind, courageous, and willing to help out, but just wishes to escape this horrible place.
Items in Backpack: A dark body warmer, one of those you know lighters except pistol shaped for easy lighting, multiple sandwiches, some cooking appliances, and a few hunting knives ( one each used for defending and cutting things )
Relations: None alive

I am the new indestructible weapon.
I am Moro the one and only Wolf Goddess!

COME ON TEAM TRI-BLADE

My VCP Pokemon:

Shadow
Lvl 41 @ 425

Last edited by Bandit; 11-03-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Sticks and Stones: An RPG for 4 DEDICATED Players [1 Slot Open!]

Thank you to all three of you for signing up. Just one more slot remaining!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Sorry about the double post, but I'd rather this didn't die before it starts, so I'll say that if we don't get a fourth person in three days, I'll tweak the plot a bit to accomodate for the lack of such a player. Sorry about the delay to those of you who already signed up.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

I'm alright... I'm still trying to figure out where you're going to go with this one. I'm excited!

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 11-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M

It's not too late to join is it?
Name:Tiana Moren

Height:5'9"

Weight:130 lbs

Appearance: Auburn hair, light skin, green-hazel eyes, very slender but toned.

Clothing: A white headband, a long-sleeved blouse, black leather gloves with the finger tips cut off, tight dark-blue jeans, and hiking boots.

Personality: Tiana has very sharp senses and is athletic but, is generally friendly and quiet. She loves a good book and all animals.

Items in bag: Two extra pairs of clothing, three favorite books, a water-bottle, and one long sturdy length of rope.

Relations: Tiana is an only child whose father died while fighting during one of the many, pointless, wars. Tiana's mother, Brianna, raised her as best she could on the small salary of a factory worker.

Thank you Neo!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Excellent - just in time, too! Thanks for joining. I'll sort out the opening and I'll have it up by tomorrow. Thank you to all of you for waiting longer than I planned for this.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos
Default Re: Sticks and Stones: An RPG for 4 DEDICATED Players [Closed!]

Yes it is finally starting!

Old 11-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Argh... wish I'd read this sooner, I'd would've liked to have played it. Nevermind, have fun you guys!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Sorry, Finch, hopefully you'll keep looking out for any of my other RPs if they come up, I'd be very happy to let you join a future game.

Anyway, here's the opening post:

The skyscrapers of Barisdale clashed starkly with the pale mauve sky of the evening. Birds called from the clouds as they headed home to their nests, and the smell of the polluted air was refreshingly less severe than the daytime.

It was the perfect, quiet sort of time for four people to take their leave of the Lanton capital. Their afternoons had been spent evading the military, who had been knocking at every door, patrolling down every street, taking all men and women of age and whisking them away to god-knows-where.

Barisdale, it seemed, was preparing for something bad, and their minds had been made up. Together, they trekked along the path up into the southern mountains, taking only what they really needed with them. There was little talk between them, until they heard the sound of running footsteps behind them.

One by one they turned their heads back the way they came, to see men in camouflage gear and helmets in pursuit, barking orders to turn back at them.

With desperation in their eyes, the four bolted, up the angled incline that led to the base of the mountains. As they ran, drops of rain began to fall, gradually growing heavier and heavier as they continued along the path.

Not trained for such pursuits, the civilians began to tire. The soldiers behind them as yet showed no such signs, and it was quickly becoming apparent that they could not escape by running.

Jason Aquilis was the first to halt and turn around, and the rest of the company anxiously followed suit, their eyes darting to and from one another to try and reassure each other. One of the soliders caught up with the group, and roughly put a hand on Jason's shoulder.

Suddenly, Aquilis grabbed the militant's arm and twisted it back, trying to wrench the soldier's rifle from his hands. His friends backed him up - Rowyn Eccles kicked out to trip the man up and both Tiana Moren and Chad Zuxon ran towards the second of the three.

The third, a younger recruit, desperately tried to think of what to do in such a situation. Without much consideration, he brought up the barrel of his rifle to point at Aquilis' head, and pulled the trigger.

For Jason, it felt as if he had momentarily lost control of his body. There was an oily, slimy feeling in his throat, and he just
had to get it out of his system.

Coughing violently, a black smoke found its way out of his mouth, and clouded the area over his face. The recruit, not being able to see where his target was, fired and his bullet whizzed past Jason's ear.

The next instant, there was a glowing purple aura surrounding the four escapees. They began to feel warm, despite the freezing autumn rain, and all felt their eyes closing into the bliss...

As Chad Zuxon came to, he felt his cheek pressed against cold stone. Standing upright, his vision still blurry, he thought he could make out the outlines of his friends lying on the floor.

As his vision cleared, Chad could see that the group were in a large cavern, with floors and walls of faded yellowstone. The walls had strange carvings and inscriptions on, and there were archways at each corner of the room. There was a deathly silence, only punctuated by the sounds of the rest of the group waking...

So, you're all in a room with inscriptions on the walls. There are doors in the North-West, North-East, South-West, and South-East corners. What do you do?

Old 11-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

*Imitates Oscar*: Lets get this party started!!!

IC:

"ugh...." said Jason as he finnally came to

*Jason's vision slowly returned to him, he saw Chad Zuxton up an about, and two of his other friends on the ground... Wait, two? there group origonaly started with 6! What happed to Keith and Jack? As he stubornly got up against his body's protests. Jason fell back down, his knees breaking his fall, he look around and still coultn't see were his best friends were.*

"Chad, were are Jack and Keith? They were with us in the city then bam, we're here and neither of them are with us anymore. What happend to them?"

*Jason was stopping the worry from showing up on his face, they were his best friends and they could be stuck in a military's facility being kicked and punched just so they could escape! But Jason would not break apart now, ther was still hope that they escaped too.*

Old 11-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

(OOC: Btw, I didn't forget your friends. However, what I did forget to mention was that they were supposed to meet with you before you left. They didn't turn up, and you've had to leave without them)

Old 11-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default In the Cavern

OOC: I know that you didn't forget them, I guess I just thought that mabey you just messed-up in numbers of our group.

Also why was there a explotion of smoke? was it a smoke bomb?