Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Journey's from Hikari's Pokemon's Perspective.

Chapter 1

Hikari! I yelled, trying desperately to move the large boulders with my Psychic attack. My distress and panicking didn’t help the concentration and I ended up losing my focus.

She won’t be able to hear you, you nitwit. Demon said as he prowled up behind me.

Stop it! I snapped, turning around to face Demon, the new addition to Hikari’s team. Demon was a sour Umbreon who disliked everyone and everything except Hikari, who generously cared for and tended to Demon. I disliked his battle-style, since it was brutal and torturous.

My name is Angel, I’m a young Espeon and I was given to Hikari a few months ago, ever since then I’ve been attached to her and loved her deeply, which is what made me evolve from an Eevee a few days ago. Ever since, I’ve developed psychic powers, but I haven’t been able to control them.

Well if you’re so smart and keen as to how we’re going to get out of here, why don’t you get us out! I demanded, moving out of the way of the large wall of boulders. Hikari, Demon, and I ventured through a dark, dank cave when a cave-in separated us just moments ago.

I already told you once, and I won’t tell you again. My battle-style, such as the moves I know, aren’t used for anything that causes immediate physical damage. Demon retorted, swelling his chest with pride. He always did show an ignorant pride for his battle-style.

Fine. I said quietly, turning around with my tail lowered.

Where are you going?

I’m getting out of here and I’m going to find Hikari. I said simply, leaving him behind.

He sprinted up to me and cut in front of my path. Do you even know where you’re going?

No, but there has to be an exit somewhere.

Yes, there is an exit, but it’s beyond that wall of rocks. Demon said, narrowing his eyes.

I halted briefly, looking down at the ground, I knew he was right, but I hated the fact that he always seemed to be right.

You have a point. I admitted quietly, refusing to make eye contact.

Right. He said, he turned and faced the wall, then glanced at me. Do you have any physical moves? He asked quietly.

Just Quick Attack and Bite, I answered, Why?

If I use Swagger, that’ll increase your attack greatly.

But it will confuse me, thanks to your battling skills.

I have a Chesto Berry which should help your confusion.

So you think if you use Swagger, and I use Quick Attack or Bite, then we should be able to knock this wall down? I asked, I had to admit, he had a great idea even if it costed my confusion.

Mostly, you should use Bite by the way, it’s more powerful, although Quick Attack may get the job done faster. I can’t guarantee it’ll knock everything down, so you may have to use Psychic, too. He said, he sounded natural as he gave out instructions, as if he’d been in a situation like this before.

I nodded briefly before turning and looking him in the eye. I’m ready.

He looked at me, his blood-red eyes glowed slightly as I felt tension overwhelm my body. I felt great strength and disorientation at the same time, my gaze drifted a bit, before I felt something strange pop into my mouth.

In a low, deep voice someone said ‘chew’ and I did, slowly at first, then swallowed. My attention and concentration soon flooded back to me as I regained my focus.

All right, Espeon, try a Quick Attack. He exclaimed, I noticed he called me Espeon instead of Angel, he had an awkward way of doing that with all of Hikari’s Pokemon who had nicknames.

I nodded quickly, then turned towards the wall, I felt my fur bristle as I charged at the wall, feeling great strength surge through my body and transfer into the wall, causing it to shake and crumble a bit.

It didn’t work! I shouted, half disappointed, half glad that he was finally wrong.

Keep on using Quick Attack. He said calmly, as if he knew this was going to happen.

I charged at the wall, continuously until a few boulders crashed down in front of us, he moved them out of the way with great natural physical strength.

If you’re so strong, I panted, glancing at him as he finished pushing a boulder off to the side, why am I doing all of the work?

It’s not like I’m just sitting here, I gave you strength, and I’m moving these boulders out of the way for you, you should be grateful.

I turned back into the wall, charging into it with anger, Why did he always act so tough, so wise? When deep down, he’s a stuck-up nosy little brat!

Another boulder crashed down.

Why did he have to act so tough!?

Nobody cares that he’s so ‘wise’ and ‘strong’!!

Angel! Demon screeched, leaping at me, he barreled into me, knocking the wind out of me as I hit the wall.

I scrambled to my feet, confused and angered at his sudden alarm, Dem-, I had realized what he just called me, he called me by my name.

Demon! I yelled, scrambling around to find him, he had mysteriously gone missing and I longed to find him, to find out what made him have a change in heart. I heard a groan and noticed the large boulder that I just knocked down budged a bit.

Demon! I gasped, rushing over, I leaned against the boulder and desperately tried to push it.

Angel! Stop! You’re hurting me! He shouted, I lowered myself down to see that his hind legs had been pinned down and if I tried pushing it, it was pushing into his ribs.

Angel, you have to use Psychic! He said, he started to sound out of breath and weak.

I-I don’t know how! I exclaimed, taking note of the hint of panic in my voice.

You’re a Psychic-type Pokemon, Psychic should come natural to you!

R-Right. I said in a shaky voice, I sat myself down and closed my eyes, concentrating entirely on the boulder. I felt a new, strange sensation pulse through my body and I opened my eyes, seeing nothing but a multi-colored room and the boulder giving off a strange aura. I narrowed my eyes and lifted it up slightly, then I jerked it up and thrusted it off to the side. I closed my eyes and opened them again, only to find Demon standing to his feet on shaky legs and the boulder rocking on the small ledge it had landed on.

I did it! I exclaimed, blinking joyfully, I had finally accomplished performing my Psychic attack.
Espeon, I have an idea, do you know Swift?

I felt disappointment and frustration as he called me Espeon again, I closed my eyes and nodded.
Try using Swift on the remaining boulders.

I faced the boulders and opened my mouth slightly, the familiar gold-white stars shot out of my mouth and erupted as they plowed into the wall. The remaining boulders fell amazingly, revealing Hikari standing there with Sakura right next to her, grasping a large boulder tightly with her vines.

Demon! Angel! Sakura exclaimed, tossing the boulder off to the side and rushing forward, grasping me with one vine and Demon with the other. I laughed as she joyfully tossed me around with excitement, Demon, like always, scratched at her and demanded to be put down.

“Angel, Demon!” Hikari said, taking each of us from Sakura and hugging us both tightly. “I was so scared, I didn’t know if you two were okay!”

I missed you so! I exclaimed to Hikari, I knew she didn’t understand me but I knew she understood my emotion.

Meganium, thank you for helping us escape. Demon said officially, turning to Sakura as she moved the remaining boulders to the side.

Any time. She said with a smile.

“You two should rest, return, both of you.” Hikari said, holding up two Pokeballs.

After Angel and Demon were rested and safe in their Pokeballs, Sakura and I made our way out of the cave, gratefully inhaling the fresh air. A swarm of Beedrill flew by, as well as a small pair of Nidoran. It was great to be in the forest, and Sakura felt the same too, as she greeted each and every Pokemon that bypassed us.

Sakura’s antenna twitched and she looked West, then galloped off, shouting and carrying on about something or someone.

“Saku-” I started, then gasped as I noticed who Sakura was standing in front of, nuzzling.

“Hikari?” Staicee said, gently petting Sakura’s neck, “I figured this must be Sakura, my, I haven’t seen her since she was a Bayleef.”

“Hm, she has grown quite a bit I suppose.”

“A bit? Hikari, she’s evolved!”

“Well…” I said with a smile.

“Hikari, what happened? You’re all dirty and scratched up!”

“We got stuck in a cave-in that’s all.”

“Hikari! How did that happen!”

“Don’t know, it just caved in on us, Angel and Demon were stuck so we had to get them out.”

“Who’s Angel and Demon?”

“Oh that’s right! You haven’t met them, have you?” I said, grasping their Pokeballs, “well, come on out you two!”
Angel stretched in the sunlight as she appeared before us and Demon looked around cautiously before sitting down and relaxing a bit.

“Oh my… Hikari! You captured an Espeon and Umbreon! You really are ‘The Expert of Capturing Pokemon’, aren’t you?”

“Well, I wouldn’t consider myself an expert, Angel was a gift and I helped Demon out so he just tagged along basically.”

“But still, you must treat your Pokemon expertly to be able to get an Eevee to evolve into an Espeon and have an Umbreon befriend you.”

“I suppose.” I said with a faint smile.

I couldn’t understand everything Hikari and Staicee were talking about, but I noticed a small tail protruding from behind Staicee. It was black and shaggy and… wagged.

Hello? I said cautiously, nudging the tail.

A vicious growl and bark caught me by surprise, a Mightyena jumped up, growling at me.

I am a friend, please don’t be so hostile. I asked quietly, I crept closer and noticed that this was the Poochyena that used to play with me when I was a Chikorita, it was Bandit.

Bandit? Is that you?

I’m not Bandit you dim-witted Meganium, my name is Fang.

Oh, so you’re Fang? I remember Bandit talking about how Staicee was going to name the Poochyena egg she was hatching Fang. I chuckled a bit, The last time I saw you, you were a mere egg.

You’re an immature Meganium, you know that?

I’m not immature! And my name is Sakura by the way.

Sakura? What kind of name is that? And what’s with the nicknames Angel and Demon?

Sakura is Japanese for cherry blossom. And I think Angel and Demon are great nicknames for an Espeon and Umbreon.

Whatever. Fang chuffed before laying down behind Staicee.

I sighed a bit, I had hoped Fang would have been nice when Bandit first mentioned him.

Excuse me, erm… Fang. Do you happen to know where Bandit is? I asked quietly, trying not to agitate Fang anymore.

Birch’s lab. Fang said, propping himself up into a sitting position. He came down with a terrible disease, Professor Birch is running tests. The reason that Staicee had me bred at the day care center was because she felt lonely, even though she still had Bandit at the time, he showed signs of disease without even knowing it. He should have evolved into a Mightyena, a powerful one at that, by now. But, he doesn’t have the strength. But… While you were an egg, I played with Bandit, why didn’t I catch the disease?

You’re a healing Pokemon, aren’t you?

Yes, but… But that means I should be able to heal Bandit! Right?

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, the disease is severe and Professor Birch has tried virtually everything, there’s no hope for Bandit now.

Last edited by DragoniteMistress; 06-14-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: Journey's from Hikari's Pokemon's Perspective.

great story, nice cliff hanger

u just gotta make the dark types mean sounding dont ya?

Old 06-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Well Bandit was a nice Mightyena xD
Old 06-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Very nice. It's not coffee break size, but then again how many of those do you see? I like how you did this from a pokemon's perspective rather than all those people who are doing their's from Ash's perspective. That really is getting old. You did a great job on this, and people can notice that you spent some hard work and time on it. Kudos to you.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned

Thanks. Both of you ^^

Chapter 2

No cure? Sakura asked serenely, Isn't there a professor in the Kanto region? Can't he do something about it? What about Professor Elm from my homeland?
Fang shrugged lazily before settling himself down beside Staicee. Their trainers were still talking, and when Sakura barged in out of nowhere, then her trainer showed up, it gave Fang a nice break from all of the walking he and Staicee had been doing.
Sakura exhaled furiously for Fang's lack of concern, then taking note of how Staicee and Hikari were in depth of conversation, settled herself down.
Angel and Demon glanced over at Fang and Sakura, and Angel padded over, with Demon eventually following.
What's wrong? Angel questioned innocently, glancing over at the lazy Fang and then at the fuming Sakura.
You wouldn't know... Sakura retorted, It doesn't concern either of you, anyway.
Demon's fur bristled at her hostility. Demon was... awkward when it came to things such as his companion's emotions. He would be cold and distant, yet if one of Hikari's Pokemon were depressed, or outraged, he became compassionate... With an exception of Angel, for some reason, he always seemed cold and distant to her.
Hikari shouted something, that caught the Pokemon's attention, and they all looked at her, her aqua blue eyes were twinkling and she beared a broad smile. She sprinted to the other side of the clearing they were in, and Sakura, Angel, and Demon followed without question, they figured this excitement meant one thing, and one thing only: A battle.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:54 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

pretty short but still good. At least the umbreon shows SOME heart now

Old 06-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Demon always had heart... Find out more in future chapters, though ;D

Chapter 3

A battle... Just what we need. Sakura heard Fang mutter as he pushed himself up and padded to the other side of the clearing with Staicee, his tail drooping.
Hikari recalled Angel and Demon, both of their bodies enveloped in scarlet light, then grinned as she pulled out a Pokeball. She enlarged the Pokeball with a press of a button, and thrust it in the air, a streak of scarlet light shot down to the ground, revealing a squat blue-and-yellow body. Scorch, the Quilava.

As soon as my pads touched the ground, I looked around, a human that seemed faintly familiar standing opposite of me quite a few yards away. She threw a Pokeball into the air and a Pidgeot hovered over me, its ghastly talons flexed threateningly. The other trainer shouted a command, and the Pidgeot soared high in the air, the swooped down at amazing speed.
It's Aerial Ace! I heard Sakura scream behind me, despite my speed, I managed to quickly maneuver a spin on the ground, but the Pidgeot's strike was true, its beak barrelled into my stomach and I was caught short of breath.
I heard Hikari shout a command behind me, and a signal triggered in my mind that said a single move, "Flame Wheel".
The flames erupted at once on my hide, and I started running, which eventually became a full out sprint, as soon as my paws hit the ground at the right speed, I did a flip and the fire enveloped my whole body, allowing me to spin freely in any direction. I opened my eyes, the fire tingled as it licked my eyes but I was able to see clearly, the Pidgeot was hovering directly above me, I halted, then kicked off the ground and slammed right into the Pidgeot. It screeched and was sent to the ground, a few of its feathers smoldering.
The fire vanished at once, yet the flames on my hide continued to blaze.
Hikari shouted something quickly, and another signal went off, "Quick Attack."
I sprinted at the Pidgeot with amazing speed and collided into its side as it tried to get up, it let out a sharp screech and was then sent to the ground.
The other trainer yelled something with a tone of worry in her voice, then recalled her Pidgeot.
I felt something overcome my body then I realized I was being recalled.

I whooped and stomped my feet excitedly, releasing a pleasant aroma in the air that made me feel ever more giddy.
Way to go Scorch! I shouted, even though I doubt he could hear me.
Hikari pulled out another Pokeball, and threw it in the air, revealing a pink Pokemon with creamy white wool around its neck and head. Its long, slender, black-and-pink striped tail waved merrily and the sea blue orb at the end of its tail glistened gracefully in the sunlight. It was Volt, the Flaaffy.
I watched eagerly as Staicee reached for a blue ball at her belt, which I immediately recognized as a Dive Ball.
Would she be using a Water-type Pokemon against Volt? I wondered aloud, I glanced at Hikari and she had a confused expression on her face.
Staicee thrust the ball into the air, and revealed a squat blue Pokemon which Sakura immediately recognized from her homeland, Chinchou.

I felt electricity surge through my body and heard sparks crack at the end of my tail and on my cheeks.
A Water-type. I thought, Perfect.
I wouldn't get your hopes up... The Chinchou said with a dazed tone in her voice. She had a broad grin and shifted her weight from left to right, giving her a bouncy aura.
Almost at once, Hikari ordered for a Headbutt attack, and before Volt could question her not ordering an electric-type attack, Volt lowered her head and charged for the Chinchou. Chinchou seemed to absorb the attack, considering the squishy exterior of its skin, it flipped back, only slightly dazed, and the opposing trainer shouted something.
Chinchou's cheeks bloated immediately, then it released a stream of water that pushed Volt off her feet. She figured it was a Water Gun attack, and only felt a little bit of damage on her.
How am I going to defeat this Chinchou? Volt muttered to herself, scowling.
Just then, Hikari ordered for a move she would have never imagined she'd use against a Water-type. Signal Beam.
With a slight hesitation, Volt lowered herself to the ground, her tail straight in the air, and sent electric energy coursing through her body to her tail. She felt the chemical reactions take place as the energy was converted into a mysterious new energy at the tip of her tail, and a multi-colored beam of light shot forth, leaving a true hit on the surprised Chinchou. It sailed backwards, greatly phased by the attack, and didn't get up.
Sakura burst into a rejoycing stomping frenzy, and Hikari whooped as she rushed forward and took Volt in her arms, hugging her tightly.

As I set Volt down, I stood up to face Staicee, she was only slightly stunned, then took my hand in hers.
"Great battle, I figured you would win. That doesn't stop me from being your rival though, does it?"
"Not at all." I responded with a smile.
Farther away, Fang snarled at Volt as the wool Pokemon looked innocently up at the two trainers...
Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

love the descriptiveness on the flame wheel. i think Lanturn vs. Flaafy woulda bin kool tho

Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

I considered having Volt vs. Lanturn, then I realized how hard it would be to have a fish battle on land O_o At least Chinchou has feet.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

I find this story to be a pleasing read. I always like reading fiction from a Pokemon's viewpoint, trainers are so overrated.

If I may suggest one thing:

Quote:
"It's Aerial Ace!" I heard Sakura scream behind me
Unless the trainer is using telepathy to communicate with her Pokemon, then you should put the human's speech in quotation marks. This was a little inconsistent but did not make anything unreadable.

I also enjoyed the psuedo-science explanaton as to Volt's use of a signal beam attack. This shows that you put a lot of thought and creativity into this fiction. Your descriptions are very accurate, and I can see a lot of this taking place.

Aside from some formatting things (spacing between paragraphs would make for easier reading; in all honesty, I was not checking for spelling or grammar), I found it was a very good work.

...Not having feet never stopped Lanturns from fighting in the games.

Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 06-14-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

I'm sorry if that little bit confused you.

Although it was unclear, I intended for Pokemon to be a little confused about human speech (Despite the anime, I think in games only a selective amount of Pokemon understand human speech (as it says in Pokedex entries)) yet the name of attacks triggers something in their mind so they understand what attack to use.

Also, in the games Lanturn sort of hovers. A flying fish defies so many laws of gravity O_o
Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
camds Offline

Nice story, It gripps you straight away.

"if you close your eyes, you see darkness, but if you keep them
closed for long enough, you see light"

Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

Ehehe, thank you ^^

I had the first chapter saved on microsoft word for the longest time and was clearing out my folders when I found it