Fire Red/Leaf Green Sells Out Most of Available Stock in Debut!
Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green is selling very well in Japan. In the first four days of release (it was released on a Thursday), 95.6% of the stock has already been sold, leaving only a slim 4.4% of the games still out there in stores. Fire Red and Leaf Green combined to sell 885,039 units (about a possible 925,773 units available). It’s likely that more games would have been sold, if not the limited supply of the games.
Limited Supply Expected
Weeks before the release of Fire Red/Leaf Green, Nintendo has announced that it will ship out only a relatively small amount of the games to stores. With only about 925,773 available games in stores, that’s definitely a small amount that Nintendo has planned. Ruby/Sapphire sold 1.2 million units in first three days of release, well over the amount of Fire Red/Leaf Green even available in stores. The reason of the cutback is not clear. Nintendo might have anticipated weak sales with the remakes, which didn’t happen, over 95.6% of the stock has been sold, and Fire Red/Leaf Green placed first in the week’s top selling games list in Japan. Another possibility is the Wireless Adapter that comes with Fire Red/Leaf Green, the new device might have caused production delays.
For more information and screenshots of Fire Red/Leaf Green, go here: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com