Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Spindry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Spindry Send a message via MSN to Spindry Send a message via Yahoo to Spindry
Post A problem encountered by many

Catching the ledgendary dog in my firered. haha

Okay, I wooped up on the elite four, the first time and the second time, and got the national pokedex. The story is basically complete, now I just need to get a hold of Entie and trade it over to my Sapphire before my friend comes to get her game back.

I read somewhere that you had to catch all 28 unowns to make the dog appear... but that's nearly impossible, because I could never fine ! or ? unowns.

So now I'm on route 11, by Vermillion city. I run around in the grass until I see about 3 pokemon that aren't my beloved Entie, then I run into a building and run back out again, hoping that he will move into my area... I've been doing that for a while now and still no Entie...
So is there something that I forgot to do to make the darn thing show up?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Dragon trainner guy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dragon trainner guy Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon trainner guy
Default Re: A problem encountered by many

u shloud bring a high lv poke and use max repel and if u run into a battle it would most liky be a legendry dog

pbr fc 313636350060 MAgma city col leader in pbr league
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Spindry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Spindry Send a message via MSN to Spindry Send a message via Yahoo to Spindry
Talking Re: A problem encountered by many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon trainner guy View Post
u shloud bring a high lv poke and use max repel and if u run into a battle it would most liky be a legendry dog
I would do that, but I have a hard time getting money on this game for some reason, so I ran out of max repels.

And I already have my entie catching team:

Spinarak Lv.61 with Spider Web
Marowak Lv.48 with False Swipe
Bellossom Lv.35 with Sleep Powder and Stun Spore

And if things get out of hand, I have my Tyranitar Lv.63 with me.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Green Special Offline
Master Trainer

well the best thing would be to catch a golbat or zubat that knows the move mean look or teach it mean look. after that put him/her first in the party and go look for entei. when you encounter entei, use mean look so he cant escape, and cath him. you should have about 70 poke balls that aren't regular pokeballs but just something else like great balls to catch him.

BTW, after you beat the elite four entei will appear at random anywhere you encounter wild pokemon. If he happens to escape, dont turn your gameboy off because you can still see its location on your pokedex. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Spindry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Special View Post
well the best thing would be to catch a golbat or zubat that knows the move mean look or teach it mean look. after that put him/her first in the party and go look for entei. when you encounter entei, use mean look so he cant escape, and cath him. you should have about 70 poke balls that aren't regular pokeballs but just something else like great balls to catch him.

BTW, after you beat the elite four entei will appear at random anywhere you encounter wild pokemon. If he happens to escape, dont turn your gameboy off because you can still see its location on your pokedex. Good luck.
Oh trust me, I know how roaming ledgendaries work, I've been playing a long time... I'm just wondering why he hasn't shown up yet.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It's all random as to when/where it shows up, you just must be unlucky.

Quote:
I read somewhere that you had to catch all 28 unowns to make the dog appear... but that's nearly impossible, because I could never fine ! or ? unowns.
That's false. Catching all the Unown doesn't do anything.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Deoxys Master Offline
New Trainer

The best way to nail entei or raikou is just to masterball them. Because if they roar at you (they both know that move by the way) then they are gone forever, even from being tracked from the pokedex. Suicune is easier because he doesn't learn roar at all. Keep that in mind.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:01 AM
rnc2b1 Offline
Amateur Trainer

I ran into my entei while catching pokemon to trade, it was in the grass that is just to the left of vermillion. I wasn't even looking for the dog either.
My Trade Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=185997
Old 06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
legendarychamp22 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Master View Post
The best way to nail entei or raikou is just to masterball them.
What if you are saving your masterball for Mewtwo?

Anyway, to catch the dogs, you just need stuff like Mean Look, Spider Web, Block, status inflicters, and a lot, a lot of luck.

Alakazam
Hatched@462
Evolved@ 567
Level 100@ 747

My VPP-http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...&postcount=333
Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
SoliX Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarychamp22 View Post

Anyway, to catch the dogs, you just need stuff like Mean Look, Spider Web, Block, status inflicters, and a lot, a lot of luck.
imo, mewtwo is much easier to catch than the dogs. The only attack moves he knows are psychic and swift, easy to defend with XDefends and XSDefends and a steel type like steelix or scizor. He also doesn't run or use roar.
Btw, the best to use for the dogs are umbreon and ariados in the first slot, and make sure they're fast.. they can both trap -> mean look combo. If you're really scared of roar, I'm pretty sure that there's a pokemon you can breed ingrain to. Try importing a cradily.

Feebas
Hatches: 26
Evolves: 131
Level 100: 311
Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
PokeExpert Offline

i dont know if this would work, but how about you use mean look and do SoliX's hint and switch out to a pokemon with the ability suction cups, or maybe somehow teach Exploud Mean Look and make it the main attacker. good, huh? since Exploud cant be hurt by sound-based moves, and trust me, Roar is sound-based. hope it works thats if u find it

Last edited by PokeExpert; 06-19-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
celebihunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to celebihunter Send a message via MSN to celebihunter
Talking Re: A problem encountered by many

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarychamp22 View Post

Yeah,I caught my Mewtwo by False Swiping him and paralyzing him,and then I used a Ultra Ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Single smilely posts make Chuck Norris cry.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

You just have to keep trying. What I do with roaming legendaries is pick a town, fly there.
Go to a route from it. Check the pokedex. If the legendary is not there I fly back to the town and keep doing it over.

you don't need all 28 unkown. I almost have them them all.
I only need.......um I forgot, but I have ! and ?.

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 AM
brod Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebihunter View Post
Yeah,I caught my Mewtwo by False Swiping him and paralyzing him,and then I used a Ultra Ball.
Sleep or Freeze is more effective than Paralysis, by the way. Paralysis can work but it will probably make you waste more balls before you catch it.

(obviously sleep is easier to accomplish than freeze)
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
karma34 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Tangela can learn INGRAIN and theyre rediculously easy to catch. search beneath Pallet Town.

Not sure if this is true buuuut, I saw/caught Raikou almost immediatly after beating the elite 4. It took me forever to see/catch Entei (the most badass IMO), and Suicune was a bit in the middle.