Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Knightblazer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Knightblazer Send a message via MSN to Knightblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Knightblazer
Default + The Hunter And The Hunted + [WAR Entry/One Shot/PG-13]

Yes, finally I get my butt to post another fic here. A song fic, thoughm so don't get yer hopes up. xP I suggest you shrink this window and hide in some drak corner of your room to get yourself frightened. Muahahahaha. Credit for the italized parts (lyrcis) goes to Lord Landless band. ^^;

And for dear ol' Jackie, I'm for ze Syndicate. =P

•| The Hunter and The Hunted |•

Time is the shade that is walking behind…

…Time are the footprints you will never find…

…Time is the voice that is calling your name…

I am the hunter.
You are the game.

It was raining.

Heavy, thundering drops of water rained down heavily onto the thick forest, loud splatters noisily ringing through the silent, eerie grassland. The soft, loamy soil of the earth was soon flooded, clumps of soft mud and earth slowly forming on the forest ground. Tonight, there were no sounds of the hooting Noctowl, nor the howling Mightyena or Houndoom. Only silence.

Yours were the hounds that will bark nevermore…

…yours was that horse that’s now dripping with gore…

…yours was the goshawk that ne’ermore will fly…

...Do you like hunting?
Well, so do I…

SPLASH!

The flooded path splashed loudly, the dark, greasy fur of a Mightyena’s paw abruptly thumping hard against the soft earth as it ran. Drops of blood trailed and dripped from its matted midnight fur as it ran without pause, it’s eyes in an expression of fear and terror. The wolf panted heavily as it continued its run, seemingly undaunted by the cuts and bruises all over its battered body. The Mightyena’s fangs glistened red as blood dripped down from the points, the swirling red seemingly brighter than the ivory white of its pearly fangs.

…I’ll keep you running until you’ve grown lame…

I am the hunter.
You are the game.

Slowly from the cascading trees, a huge shadowy figure appeared, the garnet depths of its eyes alit with the promise of bloodshed as its huge wings spread out in an amazing and terrifying display of jet-black shadows and the glistening of crimson blood. With a caw, the winged silhouette took off into the midnight skies. A flash of gold and red appeared briefly as the bird seemed to smirk as its blood-red gaze landed upon the running Mightyena.

Of my blood and my bones your castle is built…

… for I’m every creature that you’ve ever killed…

Of Hunting, you’ve taught me a lesson or two;
And well I did learn it, for now I hunt you.

The Mightyena continued its desperate flight, his pants growing faster and heavier now. Already it’s every muscle and nerve was crying out for blood, but the wolf denied this luxury; for the Devil Of The Hunt was after him, its eyes of blood seeking the same substance flowing through it. The rain continued to pound mercilessly upon the raven wolf, the cold starting to numb away the piercing pain in his ice-cold paws.

…Time is the triumph and yours is the shame…

I am the hunter.
You are the game.

Crimson eyes widened when the wolf saw a familiar figure of its species before the Mightyena. Its pace instantly quickened, knowing that salvation was just a few meters ahead. But the wolf’s gladness immediately turned into shock when it saw the torn insides of the corpse before it, splatters of blood soaked deep into the icy skin. Whimpering, the Mightyena looked in horror at the massacre lying before the creature.

Your friends come to help you?
Well, I’m not your friend.

Paws trembled as the wolf looked in fear at the winged silhouette approaching. Desperate, the Mightyena looked all around him, only to find the entire area surrounded by the lifeless, dead corpses. Fear grabbed a hold of the hunter once again as he scrambled to a corner, huddling pitifully.

Time is like the forest that will ne’er end…

…Keep running, keep running, I’ll chase you around…

…for yours are the bones that will never be found.

Ho-Oh’s crimson eyes gleamed in pleasure as he landed, mud and dirt splashing loudly as it landed heavily onto the ground. The wolf whimpered softly, his deep maroon eyes filled with fear. The wolf’s body trembled visibly all over as the fallen phoenix walked towards the hunter, a wicked smirk on its beak.

…Time are the footsteps you will never find…

…try to out-run me, it is still the same…

A yelp came from the wolf as the Phoenix brought down a mighty talon upon the fragile form of the Mightyena. Cracks were heard audibly as the huge impact fractured the creature’s once strong bones. The wolf struggled, but to no avail, for the golden talon had the wolf held down good. It could only scream in fear as Ho-Oh brought his deadly curved beak up, a Cheshire grin upon its face.

For I am the hunter…

A loud scream echoed into the night as a hideous squelching sound was heard. Ho-Oh brought his head up and let out a shrill cry of triumph, crimson liquid splattered onto his golden beak as it glistened eerily under the sliver light from the full moon.

…and you are the prey.

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge of PE2K WAR VI, 2007

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships; life goes on with or without you.

Last edited by Knightblazer; 06-12-2007 at 03:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Psychic Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: + The Hunter And The Hunted + [WAR Entry/One Shot/PG-13]

o.o Cooooool.

I never read any of your stuff, you know. But I should- if the rest of it is anything like this, I've really been missing out.

This was just...awesome. I love the atmosphere, the description, the feeling or trying to fight off the inevitable to what we know is no avail, especially in seeing all the corpses of the other Mightyena. I'm also reading this at 1 AM with every light in my house off, thus adding to the spook factor. Awesome. =D

Interesting spin on Ho-Oh here- my guess is that since since it's the "guardian of life" Ho-Oh knows of all the creatures the Mightyena has killed and through collection their souls so to speak, it knows of what the wolf did and how, and so ended its life just as it did for so many others.
Or so I assume.

Spotted a few mistakes and parts with funny wording, which I'll point out real quick.

Quote:
Already it’s every muscle and nerve was crying out for blood,
Should just be 'its' without the apostrophe.

Quote:
Ho-Oh’s crimson eyes gleamed in pleasure as he landed, mud and dirt splashing loudly as it landed heavily onto the ground. The wolf whimpered softly, his deep maroon eyes filled with fear. The wolf’s body trembled visibly
The repetition of both 'landed' and 'wolf' so close to each other is somewhat awkward- I'd replace a 'wolf' with 'Mightyena' and maybe instead say 'touched ground' for the first 'landed,' though that doesn't seem to do justice in itself. *frowns* Not sure what to do otherwise.

Quote:
the fragile form of the Mightyena. Cracks were heard audibly as the huge impact fractured the creature’s once strong
Suddenly you go from describing it as fragile then you call it strong. I'd probably go with strong both times as that way it's like "wow, Ho-Oh must be pretty powerful if it can do that!"

Quote:
Ho-Oh brought his head up and let out a shrill cry of triumph, crimson liquid splattered onto his golden beak as it glistened eerily under the sliver light from the full moon.
imo, it sounds better as 'his golden beak glistening' so it sounds less like a run-on.

Anyways, those things didn't take anything away from the quality of the story, and I was intruiged the entire time. Nice work, KB! ^.^

~Psychic
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Knightblazer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Knightblazer Send a message via MSN to Knightblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Knightblazer
Default Re: + The Hunter And The Hunted + [WAR Entry/One Shot/PG-13]

As spot on as always, aren't ya, pal? =P

Meh, yeah... this is one of the two songfics I have only written, after all. Its really inspired after I went to read a Hellsing Fancomic named Blood Knight. xDDDD But anyways... well, no, Ho-Oh isn't doing anything good - its ebil!Ho-Oh from my main fanfic in SPPF. Muahahahaha. He's just killin' like mad~ And thanks for the review as always, Psychic ol' pal. ^^

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge for PE2K WAR VI, 2007

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships; life goes on with or without you.