Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default The Official AR/Hacking/PokeSAV Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

In the past weeks, there has been a plethora of threads coming up concerning how to use an AR/GS/Hacking Device, the effects of hacking, and asking if a Pokemon is hacked or not. Simply put, most were n00bish questions that didn't deserve to waste the bandwidth of a thread. This will be the official thread for all that from now on.

So, this thread is for:

A) Discussion of Cheating Devices
B) Asking if your Pokemon is hacked or not.

Also, before I begin, I would like to give my whole 'You're screwed if you get a hacked Pokemon spiel' in a nice, easily readable place. I'd like to warn you though that the following is only an assumption and is based purely on Nintendo's practices during 3rd Generation events.

[UPDATE]

When using PokeSav, your game suffers no ill effect whatsoever, and you still have full online access/tournament eligibility without restriction. However, this is dependent on your Pokemon being PokeSav'd correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Nintendo's "hack check" only catches Pokemon with incorrect information, such as too many EVs, or for some of their checks, incorrect hometown/catch location or wrong event flags, or moves they can't learn.

If you actually did it right, they can't really tell.

Sources:

-Made Pokesavs for a player in the national video game showdown finals last year (The one that was in Florida in August, I was also there so I can be sure that he used them and also that he passed their hack check), which he used, and was not caught, even after having his game checked.
-Uploaded numerous videos while using Pokesavs
-Traded tons of Pokesavs on the GTS, as well as noticing what makes it not accept them.
-Used tons of Pokesavs on random PBR wi-fi.
[/UPDATE]

Okay, and with that spiel out of the way, discuss ARing and asking if your Pokemon is hacked. Also, can this be stickied for optimal viewing?

Last edited by Finch; 08-08-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
mjb4991 Offline
Banned

Default Re: The Official AR Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

Finnally a thread for AR. I am guessing my Milotic is hacked because it was migrated from Kanto and was caught in a Master Ball.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Salamence
Default Re: The Official AR Discussion Thread (Includes 'Is My Pokemon Hacked?')

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb4991 View Post
Finnally a thread for AR. I am guessing my Milotic is hacked because it was migrated from Kanto and was caught in a Master Ball.
Yah it probably is :( Unless somebody had an extra master ball to waste on a Feebas...

We really need an Ar thread. I think this should cover Cloning and Glitches to though.

Last edited by Salamence; 06-12-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Archeopterix Offline

Does this mean if one receives a hacked pokemon in a trade, said person will be disallowed from Official Nintendo events and online tournaments?

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
Does this mean if one receives a hacked pokemon in a trade, said person will be disallowed from Official Nintendo events and online tournaments?
Yes. Nintendo scans your game for hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
Your game is marked. When Ninty scans your cartridge from Events/Tournaments, they'll detect all the hacks and you can't participate. This practice was enforced during RSE (I've read several horror stories about little kids who got hacked Monz in trades and couldn't participate in Ninty Events), and although there have no been any D/P Events yet, I am 99.9% positive that Nintendo will carry over the practice.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew

Quote:
From what I know, yes. I mean, come on! At least let them participate. Likely, 1 out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 has never had a hacked pokemon!
Doesn't matter. I don't go anyway
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
PiplupLuver Offline

Quote:
same question here.wouldnt that be unfair??
Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiplupLuver View Post
same question here.wouldnt that be unfair??
Nope. It's the person's fault for allowing hacks into their game.
But yes, it's not always easy to find out if a pokemon is hacked.

If you see somebody offering a level 100 Golem for a Level 5 Magikarp, there's about a 98% chance it hacked. So you should know not to trade.

Last edited by Salamence; 06-12-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:06 AM
mjb4991 Offline
Banned

It is not our faulght. I traded my Umbreon for a level 60+ diagla. I didn't want a level 100 hacked one.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

So what you just stated is that there is speculation that if you receive a hacked pokemon via Wi-fi, that your game is marked correct? Also, if you release the pokemon, your game is still marked of course. Considering the Data is still there. Yet, if you go to participate in an official nintendo event they might possibly ban you for having received the said "Hacked" Pokemon and releasing it? Though, I would be under the assumption that Nintendo would also see that you released the "Hacked" pokemon. Making you able to still participate. I can understand keeping the pokemon and still trying to enter the event and being banned for that when they check. Due to the fact they can see it there.

Given the fact Nintendo has the technology to scan games. What I really want to know is how Nintendo will handle all this! To put an end to all speculation of course. Meaning that they say its okay if you received a hacked pokemon and deleted it. I'd understand them banning players who hacked their whole team as well as many other pokemon just to get them. Yet, banning a person just because they received a hacked poke and released it as soon as they figured out it was hacked? Seems rather odd to me. I mean it is an innocent mistake is it not!? xD!

Yeah though, I'm sure they'd be able to see that its no longer on the game itself. >_>
Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Archeopterix Offline

Well I guess this means everyone will have to use a different chip to enter official Nintendo events? Because I'm sure at least nearly half the people who use D/P online have atleast one hacked pokemon, whether they know it or not.

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Old 06-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Well I guess this means everyone will have to use a different chip to enter official Nintendo events? Because I'm sure at least nearly half the people who use D/P online have atleast one hacked pokemon, whether they know it or not.
Thats why I bought Pearl Version.
My Diamond version was full of hacks, so I bought Pearl and made sure I kept it 100% legit.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 AM
mjb4991 Offline
Banned

YAY, I can do that with my Diamond.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:32 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

Well heres the thing. If nintendo is going to be a pain in the butt and make it so you can only get certain pokemon at events...then people are going to have to hack that don't have the means or capability to get to the nintendo event wherever it happens to be in the world.

The Arceus event is supposedly going to take place in newyork. How the hell am I, a 17 yearold living in arizona without a job and parents who can care less about things like this. Get there? Theres no way. So for me to complete my pokedex, and get Arceus, he is going to need to be hacked....unless the people that go to the event that dl it dup him and hand them out...which may eventually happen.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Well heres the thing. If nintendo is going to be a pain in the butt and make it so you can only get certain pokemon at events...then people are going to have to hack that don't have the means or capability to get to the nintendo event wherever it happens to be in the world.

The Arceus event is supposedly going to take place in newyork. How the hell am I, a 17 yearold living in arizona without a job and parents who can care less about things like this. Get there? Theres no way. So for me to complete my pokedex, and get Arceus, he is going to need to be hacked....unless the people that go to the event that dl it dup him and hand them out...which may eventually happen.
If you don't plan on entering any Tournaments, it shouldn't matter if hacked or not.