Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M
Default Re: [WAR] Creative Writing (we set j00 up teh pen)

Name: Tiana_M
Team: NightStriders
Title: (To Be Announced)

Coming Soon... (Don't worry I'll have it posted by Fri. I just gotta go to class now.)

Thank you Neo!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Saya Offline
Master Trainer

XD Sorry, I really couldn't help it. You asked for something original and I got the idea from my 11-year-old brother....so, yeah.

Name: Saya
Team: NightStriders
Title: Genesis 1:1...Sorta

Genesis 1:1...Sorta
A One-shot Pokemon Fanfiction by Saya

In the beginning Lugia created the heavens and the earth.

At least, thatís what everyone thinks. And I let them. Really, I donít mind. Lugia needs a higher self esteem anyway so if those stupid humans and lowlier forms of Pokemon want to worship him then I say worship until their little bodies bleed from genuflection. Okay, I donít know about the genuflection or the bleeding either, but it seems the humans have begun erecting the most elaborate Lugian shrines I have seen in thousands of years. Itís quite amusing what they come up with actually. Iíve seen statues of gold, iron, stone and even sapphire carved into crude likenesses of the oaf. He doesnít notice much though, poor guy. Heís way too busy sleeping eternity away in that underwater cavern of his. I sometimes chuckle to myself, imagining the day some poor human diver stumbles upon the cavity in the Elspath Trench in Johto. It will not be his lucky day I can tell you. Lugia gets spooked a little too easily andÖbut thatís beside the point. I really am getting off track arenít I? Well, in that case I should probably reroute myself and start all over again. Ugh, this is really much harder than it looks.

I am the one who created the heavens and the earth. I was the true creator, not Lugia, though I do hold him in the highest esteem, donít get me wrong. That sucker can really make me laugh at times because heís just so naÔve. Anyway, I suppose I should state who and what I am, though I sincerely hate doing that because I know a group of humans and Pokemon will start using my name in expressions and stupid things like that no matter what I do or say. Nothing bugs me more than a creature who doesnít understand how awesomely cool I amóoh, what does bug me more is when youíre in a wood shop and the air is full of sawdust and some idiot decides to turn on a fan in the back, blowing all the little grains into my beautiful wool. Eh, wool, I guess that gives a little more of my true nature away so I might as well get it over with and tell you who I am.

My name is Meep the Mareep. Yes, Mareep, not Flaafy or Ampharos. I must admit, I created little mini-meís with higher evolutions to throw everyone off after the whole general creation process was over. Okay, so it wasnít really a process, it was more of a mistake. Well, kind of. I like to call it a stroke of genuine good luck. This, for all you little beings down on earth, was a very good thing. Before all of this (you know, all the stars and the earth and life and all that) was here everything was open. Not like space which is cluttered with millions and billions of stars and gasses and rocks. It was just empty. There wasnít anything except me because Iíve always been here. I know thatís a hard concept for your less superior minds to grasp, but I really was. I am time itself. I am the essence of everything and nothing. I really canít put my supreme coolness into words, so, Iíll just move on.

As I was saying before, there was absolutely nothing except me. It was all one giant void. Very nice for moving 500 the speed of light without fear of getting smashed in the face by those petty asteroids, comets, stars and planets. It was certainly amusing and I was content enough. I liked my existence. Mareepís, I must say, are the coolest beings in existence; I even more so than those lame copies down on earth.

Ah, and now we come to Earth. Earth was really the beginning of this whole fiasco if you will. It was the initial mistake. Its creation began as, erm, a natural everyday occurrence that I began to mess around with, but Iíll get to that in a second. The creation of the earth, and this is really embarrassing, came about when I sneezed. Yes, I sneezed just as I had hundreds of billions of times before. Thatís not the embarrassing part. What I hate to admit is that at the exact moment that I sneezed a bubble of, er, snot came flying out of my nose to float in the void in front of my face. I stared at it, completely surprised and caught off guard. Iíd never expected anything else to suddenly materialize in the void with me. I was so used to being alone that instead of waving it away with a burst of electricity from my statically-charged wool I let it stay and began, er, prodding it with my hoof.

The floating bit of matter didnít move when I touched it, but stayed in one spot, just revolving on its axis. So, you know those scientists 2000 years ago, the people who believed the earth to be the center of the universe? Well, they were actually accurate, really, because I hadnít yet initiated any movement of earth. I decided to switch it up on everyone for my own personal amusement later on. But, Iím getting ahead of myself again.

So, this ball was just floating there, rotating on its axis, and thatís when I got the idea. I could have some fun if I worked it just right. By enlarging the ball slightly with my mind I was able to prod it with my delicate hooves, carving out mountains and ocean basins which I later filled with different forms of the substance my creatures would later come to call water. Once it was fully shaped I watched it for a while before flying out into the void, creating the rest of the universe. Stars, galaxies, asteroids, black holes, gas clouds, all were ejected from my beautiful coat as I traveled at 500 times the speed of light. This took only a matter of seconds, but when I arrived back at the original ejection, the once empty void had been transformed into a thing of intricate beauty. It was certainly something to behold, all the lights flickering on and on into oblivion.

I admired my work for a time, before turning back to my planet and deciding to make it different from all the rest of the planets. And that is how Lugia came into being. I thought him up, with his glossy white and blue coat, long neck and tail and fearsome blue eyes. I gave him an inkling of my power and placed him in the newly formed oceans. I figured he could rule from there well enough. Plus, he was good company and after a while we struck up a friendship of sorts. This was all before I decided to have even more fun by flicking out the first hundred fifty Pokemon out of my coat and onto that ball of, er, mucus. I could tell you what I did next, but I kind of think you already know. I made everything else that you see today, but somewhere along the way Lugia and I lost contact, and his pea brained mind forgot all about me. And because he was the first being in existence everyone began to think he had created all this. He was the most powerful creature on earth after all, so who else could it be? Not I, the powerful Mareep of course. But Iím okay with it.

Which is exactly why I just told you that I created the heavens and the earth from a sneezeóoh, why did I ever tell you that? Itís so embarrassing. And I am seriously getting bored of talking.

You know what? I donít think this is such a great idea, recording all this. I mean, its way too embarrassing for me and just a little distasteful and revealing for all you little creatures down on earth. I donít think you really care to know the true origin of your world, especially since it came about as it did. So this is what Iím going to do. Iím going to stop this recording right now and destroy it with a zap from my woolóor maybe Iíll chuck it in a black hole because itís more amusing. Either way weíre going to forget all this and stick to the original storyó

óIn the beginning Lugia created the heavens and the earth.

Thanks to JamieRovis from Serebii for the great banner!

Paired with Batesy!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

This will have to be quick, I've just got in from my valedictory (you'll know it as senior prom for the most part) and I'm going to see the UK screening of Pure Pwnage episode 14 tomorrow.

Sent
Brief: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Description: 3/5
Spelling/grammar: 3/5
Total: 10/20

rust
Brief: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Spelling/grammar: 4/5
Total: 13/20

Gamakichi
Brief: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Spelling/grammar: 2/5
Total: 11/20

Meg
Brief: 4/5 (-1)
Creativity: 3/5 (-1)
Description: 3/5 (-1)
Spelling/grammar: 5/5 (-1)
Total: 15/20 (-4 total for incomplete entry = 11/20)

Tiana
Brief: 0/5
Creativity: 0/5
Description: 0/5
Spelling/grammar: 0/5
Total: 0/20

Saya
Brief: 5/5
Creativity: 4/5
Description: 4/5
Spelling/grammar: 4/5
Total: 17/20

Another slightly weak set of entries, but for one main reason: only one person deviated completely from the original stories about Pokemon intelligent design. Saya, you were the only entrant capable of getting high marks in both brief and creativity.

The scores show that Saya wins this week (as I've already explained) and is not-so-closely followed by rust. Meg, I'm really sorry, but your promising story lost a lot of points for being unfinished. Second place has to go to the next highest scorer, rust.

EDIT: Revised point distribution:

You have my sincerest apologies for messing this up, Megumi, you should know that I was disappointed that my rules had screwed you over because of how much I respect your ability to write. I'm just glad everything fell into place, and I hope you don't hate me like FFK does. Whether you do or not, you need to understand that it wasn't my intention to keep points from you, I was trying to be as ethical as I could all around.

Anyway, without further ado:

Megumi (revised)
Brief: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Description: 4/5
Spelling/grammar: 5/5
Total: 17/20

So, Meg gets joint first place and takes rust's point.

In light of this, I'm going to chop off my own arms for personal failure. Not. Next week's challenge will momentarily be up, and hunter judges may enjoy reading and grading entries on Saturday, by Marth's clock.

Last edited by Finch; 07-15-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

I'd like to apologize to Finch for raising a stink over my last entry. Thanks for putting up with me, though, and giving me the point despite that.

This is rushed (and lame), and I also did it by weeks instead of days, because I thought that would make for a more interesting entry.

Meaghan
The Alpha Guild
WAR Journals

Week One

The Syndicate ... Team Swarm ... The Alpha Guild ... Team Trainer ... Nightstriders ... Team Rocket ...

With the summer season coming, WAR is upon us.

I do not mean that in an apocalyptic sense, dear reader, but rather, the start of several activities on the Pokemon Elite 2000 forums that are done between many different and unique teams to earn the most points. There are six such teams this year, each striving to become the champions of this epic WAR event. The subjects themselves include Humor, Debate, Drawn Art, Netbattle, and so on.

I am part of The Alpha Guild, whose members thirst for justice. Although our numbers are small and the competition is fierce, I am sure our many talents will take us to the top. While I am not a leader, or even a judge, I hope that my participation will be of some value to my fellow members and friends.

Here's to a fantastic WAR! Let's make this one the most exciting event we have seen in years!

Week Two

One week has passed, and with it, I think we already have our winners. Yes, it is the diabolical Syndicate that is the perpetrator, as their dominance over many of the sections has earned them more points than some of the teams combined. Our humble team is struggling, but things are far from being over.

I have earned a few points for us already, but I fear they will not be enough. Many of the teams wish to place within the top three, and I'm sure they do not want us doing the same thing, as we have already proven to be formidable, even in just the second week. We're a bigger threat than some realize.

While it's obvious that we are skilled in the Graphic Arts and URPG sections, it isn't written on stone whether or not those alone can take us to glory. . .

Week Three

Things are still looking bleak, especially since it seems that the real challenge lies within placing second in the WAR. Three teams, including the Guild, wish to earn that title, and the struggle will not be so easy as we once thought. Team Swarm and Team Trainer, which boast some intimidating members, are ahead of us by only a few points, and they will only earn more as the competition progresses.

It was silly to think that we could do well by only entering a few sections each week. I understand now that we will not only need to continue to do our best, but to try our hand at many other sections as well, and not just URPG, which we have excelled at time and time again.

The WAR is only halfway done, and the ugly shadow of stress has already started to loom behind me.

Week Four

This week remains almost the same as the last, with the Guild and the other two teams I mentioned earlier vying for that invisible silver medal. Many of our members have also grown inactive, and only a few of us remain to try and claim what little points we can. My work in the URPG and the writing sections has provided some success, but I can't carry the Guild to victory myself. I am thankful to everyone else for their efforts, but we need more if we are to win this.

I think since the disappearance of our leader, Robert, some of us have felt left in the dark, without that guiding light to help us. Despite this, I will try and rally what members we have left to enter all of the sections we can. Activity has started to slow in the WAR, and I feel that is our chance to take everyone by surprise and capture the second place spot that is rightfully ours.

Like the magicians of old, we've still got a few tricks up our sleeves.

Week Five

Our strategy worked to perfection. We are now in second place, but only by one or two points. Swarm and Trainer have also seen right through us, unfortunately, and their determination to stop us is probably higher than it ever was. I respect both teams, but I still believe that the Guild can place just behind The Syndicate, which I should mention won the WAR only a week or two into the competition. Until the very last day of the final week, I will continue to try my best with earning us those few, necessary points.

I am proud of the work my team has done, and we can only hope that our efforts will ultimately bring us to victory.

Week Six

The last hours of the WAR have finally come, and with it, I cannot help but feel anxiety. Activities were sluggish yet again, as they've been for the past two weeks, but our rivals have still managed to secure points for their respective teams. The Alpha Guild managed to sweep URPG, as we suspected from the start, and we have also done well in other sections, but we do not know which teams will take second or third at the end of the day. But even if we lose, we have done so with honor.

A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked. . .

Good luck to everyone, and I hope that this has been fun for all who participated. Until next year,
-M
Old 07-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Diesel 34 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Name: Diesel
Team Trainer
Title: A Journal on 6 Days of War

Sunday: So the final week of war is upon us. In the score Syndicate is winning and will win. Nightstriders will be taking 5th and The Rocket Renegades will be taking last. As for the other three places. Trainer and Swarm are tied for third place while TAG is in 2nd after finally pulling away from Trainer after being tied all war season. Although they are only two away so pretty much third, fourth, and second will be up for grabs and it won't be easy getting second since I can tell neither TAG or Swarm is going to give up easily. I'm going to have to work extra hard this week just so we don't end up in fourth.

Monday: Ahh. More than half a day wasted and I did nothing at all for the war so far. Mikey did come back though so I was able to post in the RP again. It was a good thing to because oe of the reasons Mikey and I got two points in the RP last week was because Mikey and I worked together on our posts so we wanted to do some of that again so we'd have a better shot at getting points in that categroy again. In the end though whether we get the points or not will be left up to Scott.

Tuesday: Well just noticed that I have Saturday to submit stuff for the war which is a very good thing since I'm a procrastinator. I posted in the RP again except a couple times today. I did some war battling on aim for the URPG section of the war. Sadly, I feel one of the reasonswe are losing to TAG is because of the fact that I keep fighting them and well I keep losing to them so I really should stop doing war battles. I am afraid though because of the War FFA that'll becoming up soon. If one of the two Mikey selected to go in to it can't do it, I get thrown into the rink which will probably not be a good thing for Trainer.

Wednesday:Didn't do to much for war today either. I posted in the RP once or twice and I did a few war battles, but that was about it. I don't get why I don't stop war battling. All it's doing is hurting Trainer more and more. It's at times like these that I wish I didn't try to be the hero and I would learn what I'm good at I should do and what I'm bad at I shouldn't do. I guess the fact that I like to lead a lot of times is what keeps making me do it.

Very Late Wednesday: I know I already wrote in earlier today, but something interesting happened since then. I actually won a war battle. I guess it was mostly by luck and just having chosen the right mon, but still it shocked me a lot. I gotta say though, it made me really happy.

Thursday:All I can do is the same thing. After winning that one war battle I did three more today and lost every single one of them. I knew I only won last night because of luck, but I wish I had won because I was finally getting good at battling. I guess I need to TM mons more. Especially since I got thrown into the FFA on Saturday because ball couldn't do it. I wish it hadn't come to this, but I guess it always had a chance in the end. I posted only once in the RP today because for some reason I just couldn't seem to get that little spark that I need to help me write.

Friday: Well I have offically made it so that TAG will be getting points in the URPG section. If I just had some common sense in me. Anyways I managed to pull of two RP posts, but I feel that they might not have been to good either. I guess I'm just getting nervous about not getting any points in the RP. Mikey keeps telling me to enter in Humor, but I'm having trouble of even coming up with an entry for it. I've never heard one of my friends or anyone say jokes about summer. Mostly because they always gang up on fall.

Saturday: Today was the final day of war until next year. I stunk in the FFA. I got dead last place and I felt like I failed Mikey. I know he won't care to much, but I just wish I could have done more for Trainer in the FFA. After all, I left Thrall all alone out there. Its almost the end of the day and I haven't posted in the RP yet today. I know that I need to come threw for Mikey and do all those things, but I just don't know what to do. The clock is ticking down and I need to get to work big time. As the war comes to a close though, I won't be able to wait until next year when the war comes again. It tests my skills and makes pushes me to the limits. Who knows what I'll do next year. If make revives Trainer then I'll probably hang with them. If he doesn't, I might take up the challenge and try to be a war leader, but I don't know. I will know whenwe get to that point.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

(( Sorry this one is so late. If it's too late for this, then go ahead and disregard it... ))

NOTE: Each journal entry takes place on the Friday of the corresponding week.

Deoxys Trainer
NSRK
Weekly WAR Journal

Week 1

The sixth PE2K WAR has begun.

I'm happy to actually participate in this WAR. I was happy with the Team I was drafted to, Nightstriders: Renegade Knights. There are some good members in it, so I have a good feeling about it.

There are six Teams in this WAR. The Syndicate, Team Swarm, The Alpha Guild, Team trainer, and Team Rocket are the other five Teams involved. i have high hopes for my Team, though I doubt we'll get top slot (especially with Neo and rust in Team Swarm...). However, this should be fun!

So, here's to an impressive WAR...as well as the first WAR I make it to the end!

Week 2

Oh, jeez...that's depressing...NSRK didn't recieve a single point this week. I thought for sure...but whatever. See, this wouldn't be so bad...if The Syndicate hadn't recieved enough points to nearly seal the victory for them! they got 16 points in one week! Aw well...it's only one week into the WAR after all.

Deathspector has a good fanfic set up for this week that I'm sure will get us at least one point. Ali the Dark One decided to try her hand at Drawn Art, and I like what i saw. She might get us another point. until points are displayed tomorrow, however, all we can do is hope...

I've got a good Fanfic that I'm sure will get us a point. Howver, I couldn't get it in before the deadline today. Still, there's next week to look forward to.

Week 3

As I predicted, and then some. DS' Fanfic got top slot in the Fanfic WAR section, and Ali's entry in drawn Art got us a point, for a grand total of three points! NSRK is finally in this WAR!

I got my Fanfic, Solar Destiny, set up really early on Sunday...like just after midnight. I've got a good feeling about it. It should get us a point. Also, DS didn't enter a piece in Fanfic this week, though Saya entered a really deep fic. I'm really hopeful for us this week.

Week 4

NSRK totally dominated the fanfic WAR section! I got a point and second place, right below Saya. Totally awesome! I've entered the second chapter of my Fanfic for next week.

A few members have disappeared from our roster, though I have a good feeling they'll come back. I hope Tiana will come back soon...

Also, I discovered a depressing thing: the WAR will only last six weeks this year. While this means I'll definitelly be in this until the end, it also means that it'll end a lot sooner than I thought. Well, NSRK definitelly won't get the top slot, but we'll sure give the other teams hell!

Week 5

My fanfic got top slot this time! Yes! This is getting good. I've already entered my third chapter, though barely, but I'm not so sure about it this time.

Some members are reappearing, though we still haven't seen Ninja Emperor...wonder where he is?

I'm hoping we can get a bunch of points this week. Here's hoping!

Week 6

Yes, I know this entry is on Saturday, but the deadline was extended this week. More time for us to get last minute points.

My Fanfic didn't do so hot this week, and this next chapter isn't much better, but I'm really liking it so far! I want to continue this for a while!

We've got 14 points, but it's not enough to get us 4th place, only keep us out of last...oh well. This was really fun, and I'll definitelly do it again!

I tried my hand at Debate and Creative Writing this week, so here's hoping the last hours of this WAR are a blast!

Deoxys trainer
Old 07-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Sorry, DT, the extension to Saturday didn't even save you this time (unless Marth tells me otherwise) so I have to award the points to Megumi (Alpha) and Diesel (Trainer) by default. Some good entries though, definitely worthy of the points.