Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:24 PM
BlazikenInferno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to BlazikenInferno
Default Re: President

Amen! Amen!

4 more years.

VPP Charmander, Evolves @ 2,358 Posts
Click the banner, join Ryu Soul Alliance today

Old 11-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu
w00t! This is such an answer to prayer, it's amazing what prayer can do. It was looking like Kerry was going to win, but alot of people prayed (including me and my family), and look what happened. Praise the Lord! GO BUSH!! FOUR MORE YEARS!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!
And, honestly, I prayed for Kerry to win. *sigh*
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Dragonair Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu
w00t! This is such an answer to prayer, it's amazing what prayer can do. It was looking like Kerry was going to win, but alot of people prayed (including me and my family), and look what happened. Praise the Lord! GO BUSH!! FOUR MORE YEARS!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!
Actually Bush's victory is the proof I need that God had abandoned us.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:47 AM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Only a matter of opinion Dragonair.

And I'm glad Bush won also! :D

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 11-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiivun
Only a matter of opinion Dragonair.

And I'm glad Bush won also! :D
Good for you. I'm pissed. <_<
Old 11-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
I am a devout Catholic, and am against abortion. However, abortion is such an insigificant issue in 2004 compared to the economy and foreign policy. Kerry is against abortion as a Catholic but doesn't want to force his religious views on the country, as Bush is so set on doing.
But don't you think it is funny that this election was pretty much decided on those moral values, like abortion, gay marriages, stem-cell redsearch, etc. I think that they may have played a larger part in the reelction of Bush, than that of the economy and foreign policy, though that is probably more important.

Basically: Moral Values decided this election.

Oh Dragonair... btoo bad there is a seperation of Church and State... so I think God had nothing to do with this
Old 11-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Wow, time for my two cents. :D

First off, Ash & Kyogre, could you be more insensitive to other culture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash & Kyogre
The people in Iraq are protecting their country. Anyways, it's thousands of people dying in Iraq, compared to millions of helpess infants being murdered here in America.
You are saying with that post that Americans are better then Iraq people. What's the deal? Also - A lot of those "Millions" are probly from rape, or simply unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazikenInferno
nice coment Alakazam, you must talk like this a lot.

Now, Tyranny and hatred? I haven't the fogiest idea what you are talking about. Bush wishes to stop that from happening. But I admit he made mistakes. We all do. His of course were much more crucial that ours though. But you must remember that hindsight is always 20/20. We didn't know, nor did Bush, what to expect when we went into Iraq. I'm sure you have talked about the soldiers killed in Iraq. Is that what you ment by "tyranny"? There are many of them killed but did you know that there are 4000 aborted babies each day? This greatly outways the s of soldiers. And who supports abortion? Isn't that Senator Kerry?

My brother understands me, he is a soldier stationed in Iraq. And he supported his Commander and Cheif and voted Bush. He and I am also Christians, so we are against abortion.
4000 Aborted babies...may I ask where you got that statistic. I will withdraw this statement if you show the reference. Moral Issues have no right in an election. Americans do not allow prayer in public schools, and rightfully so, no-one deserves to have to prayer to a God they don't believe in.

Quote:
Yes, Kerry is not obeying God's law. He is putting people first. You should know as a Christian that God is first and formost. Abortion should be a huge issue to Christians because we are talking about lifes here! ing of babies! Which outnumbers the of troops the whole time we have been in Iraq within a week! Think on that one. If you call yourself a devoit Catholic.

I will stop now. I see there is no turning you from your beliefs. Which is sad because you are going in the wrong direction.
And Kerry not obeying God's law is partly a good thing. People usually do come first when you lead a country.

Now, I wish not to make enemies, I also am stating my views. I do not hate you for what you say, i just disagree, that is all.

Anyway, now that Bush is in, there is no point to keep the Topic open. However it is a Mods choice of course.

Well, now that Bush it back in maybe more of Australia's people can be sacrificed for an American war, HAZZAH!

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
But don't you think it is funny that this election was pretty much decided on those moral values, like abortion, gay marriages, stem-cell redsearch, etc. I think that they may have played a larger part in the reelction of Bush, than that of the economy and foreign policy, though that is probably more important.

Basically: Moral Values decided this election.

Oh Dragonair... btoo bad there is a seperation of Church and State... so I think God had nothing to do with this
Yes, it's funny and pathetic. IMO, the economy and foreign affairs are MUCH more important and pressing issues that abortion and gay marriage...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Dragonair Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Tell that to Bush, who's been quoted that he believes God picked him for the job
Old 11-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Poke the North! Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
But I admit he made mistakes. We all do. His of course were much more crucial that ours though.
Which is exactly the thing - as a President of a country whose actions will often affect other parts of the world, you can't afford to make mistakes, especially not ones as big as the Iraq Screw-Up, where Bush solved a not-all-that-pressing problem on dubious evidence and created a whole load more of very pressing problems. I can't believe people can view the whole thing as a success, to be honest. Yeah, sure, Saddam's gone, and that IS a good thing, but Iraqi life has not exactly gotten much better, and now non-Iraqis are being drawn into it too. I'm not saying I want all the Iraqis to be expended for the non-Iraqis, but the problems are reaching out all over the world rather than in just one area.

Channel Delibird is BACK, DUDES!

Warning: May Contain Vex
Old 11-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonair
Tell that to Bush, who's been quoted that he believes God picked him for the job
Though there is a seperation of church and state, that doesn't stop presidents from expressing their religous veiws.... though what I am saying is that you can't say that God has abandoned us seeing as we chose Bush as president... not God... and I don't feel it right that Bush should be saying that God chose him, but that ain't gonna stop him.