Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ash & Kyogre Send a message via Yahoo to Ash & Kyogre
Default Re: President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Kerry is also a Christian
He claims he's a Catholic, but he's not even good at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcomet
I don't wish to start an argument...but what's so wrong with gay marriage and abortion...

Maybe I'm not religiously in tune. Or perhaps I'm more of an impartial spectator, since I don't live in America.
GAY MARRIAGE: The Bible states that it is an abomination.

ABORTION: What's right about it? It's murdering tiny infants, and the Bible says: "Thou shalt not kill".
Old 10-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
I know I shouldn't bother but...errr..., how does being against abortion, being against gaymarriage, being a republican and being a crhistian make you a good leader o_O;;. Aside from the fact that I completely disagree with all those views, uhm, all those subjects are insignificant...
Though I concur with you, he's entitled to his opinion. Maybe those issues are of top priority to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash & Kyogre
He claims he's a Catholic, but he's not even good at that.
I disagree, but I'm not going to argue about it.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:

GAY MARRIAGE: The Bible states that it is an abomination.

ABORTION: What's right about it? It's murdering tiny infants, and the Bible says: "Thou shalt not kill".
XD "Thou shalt not kill", and you're pro-Bush? lmao XD hilarious. typical. ha ha ha. kinda sad really, but hey, you're entitled to that opinion 8-|.

Anywayzzzzz...is everyone a christian? NO. So...what the hell are you talking about. Don't base laws on religion. Period.

Oh, and make no mistake, I have zero tolerance for the gaymarriage opinion, 'cus in my eyes, it's the same as pure black/white racism. And that, my friends, is wrong liek cuhraaazy. So heh.

Last edited by Seven; 10-31-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Though I concur with you, he's entitled to his opinion. Maybe those issues are of top priority to him
If you're a Christian, they should be top priority to you. How's abouts we end dis conversation?
Old 10-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
If you're a Christian, they should be top priority to you. How's abouts we end dis conversation?
Uh...no. Why should they be? Though they are important, the economy and foreign policy is much more important to me. Please don't tell me what I should think is important!

End this conversation? It's up to you, but why would you start a thread on who should be president without wanting to discuss it?

Seven> Yeah, I agree with you on gay marriage. It's a civil rights issue, plain and simple.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:07 PM
DancinPurpleNinetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancinPurpleNinetales Send a message via Yahoo to DancinPurpleNinetales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
I know I shouldn't bother but...errr..., how does being against abortion, being against gaymarriage, being a republican and being a crhistian make you a good leader o_O;;. Aside from the fact that I completely disagree with all those views, uhm, all those subjects are insignificant...

totaly argreed! it should be based on what he should do for the land not what he wont do. and hey who wants to live out of a book(bible) if u wont let other people boss u around why let a book? and that book isnt even a direct translation, learn aramaic(sp?) and read it directly. sry to offend. but i am a very spritual just not religous, dogma makes me gag. and this is america people! the land of the free! lets let it be free.....pa-lease! let kerry win, let kerry win, he gets america let kerry win, he wont kill all our forest, let kerry win, poor people count too, let kerry win

*~* Oh Yeh You Know You Love It *~*
Old 10-31-2004, 08:08 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

There's alot of things wrong with abortion it's MURDER. The only way I would allow abortion is through incest and that's only because the baby's health is at risk. And if you're raped, there are plenty of couples that can't have babies and would love to adopt your child.

This suit is black not.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
There's alot of things wrong with abortion it's MURDER. The only way I would allow abortion is through incest and that's only because the baby's health is at risk. And if you're raped, there are plenty of couples that can't have babies and would love to adopt your child.
I completely agree w/ you. If you don't want the baby, then there are plenty of family's that would want it.

Quote:
Uh...no. Why should they be? Though they are important, the economy and foreign policy is much more important to me. Please don't tell me what I should think is important! Sorry, you don't have to think that if you don't want to.

End this conversation? It's up to you, but why would you start a thread on who should be president without wanting to discuss it? Nevermind. Hey, I just flip-flopped. I guess I'm like John Kerry! Hahaha.

Seven> Yeah, I agree with you on gay marriage. It's a civil rights issue, plain and simple.Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!
^^^Answers are in the quote.^^^

Last edited by Ash & Kyogre; 10-31-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:21 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Uh, Ash & Kyogre, I'm all with you on the bible thing, but u shouldn't bring it up here in these debates because Zam and Seven will burn you up if you do.

This suit is black not.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Sorry, you don't have to think that if you don't want to.
Sure you don't have to. But honestly...do you think it's more important to make gays unhappy than to make peace in the world o_O. As in gaymarriage/foreign policy? x_x. Honestly. O_O.

Quote:
Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!
. Uhm, I'm not a christian o_O;; God didn't create anyone, that's not what I believe anyways.

Marriage is the union between two people of legal age who love each other. What's wrong with you people...just because some book says so, you'd rather spread hate than love...? I just, HONESTLY, don't understand at that ALL.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygseto
Ehh... ya'll don't know what your talking about Bush is the better. What i really hate is when people vote for Kerry or Nader because they hate Bush. If you feel this why are you even voteing?

That to me is very immature and uncivillized.
I believe that you should vote, but I also believe that you shouldn't vote for one just because you hate the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
Uh, Ash & Kyogre, I'm all with you on the bible thing, but u shouldn't bring it up here in these debates because Zam and Seven will burn you up if you do.
Oh well. BTW, you can just call me A&K if you want.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Yeah, don't base everything around religion, because otehr people's views maybe aren't.

And I am in favor with George W. Bush, but I truly hate politics. I hate people that vote Republican just because they are Republican and vice versa with Democrats. Democrats are holding up signs saying "War Monger" next to a picture of George W. Bush, and Republicans saying he is only protecting our country. But if the person was a Democrat, the Republicans would the ones holding up a sign with "War Monger" next to the presidents head and the Democrats would be saying he is only protecting our country. People should vote on what's right, not what they're told to.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 10-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiivun
Yeah, don't base everything around religion, because otehr people's views maybe aren't.

And I am in favor with George W. Bush, but I truly hate politics. I hate people that vote Republican just because they are Republican and vice versa with Democrats. Democrats are holding up signs saying "War Monger" next to a picture of George W. Bush, and Republicans saying he is only protecting our country. But if the person was a Democrat, the Republicans would the ones holding up a sign with "War Monger" next to the presidents head and the Democrats would be saying he is only protecting our country. People should vote on what's right, not what they're told to.
Fine then I won't. I also like GWB because he isn't so against guns like John Kerry(he's voted against the 2nd Ammendment and he's voted to tax gun owners). GWB doesn't always vote to raise taxes like some. Plus, GWB isn't ugly!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Lol, it's not an order, just sometimes people will take offense to it.

And I don't take account on people's looks, because I'm not Mr. Handsome. :P But we all have our personal views, and I don't want to change anyones. ^_^

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Ash & Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiivun
Lol, it's not an order, just sometimes people will take offense to it.

And I don't take account on people's looks, because I'm not Mr. Handsome. :P But we all have our personal views, and I don't want to change anyones. ^_^
Ok, lol. I'm not either, but still... There's this one gay guy I my school and he said that one of the reasons he likes Kerry better is because he's so stylish (stywish!)