Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Monstarr Offline

Default Hows this infernape moveset?

Heres my scarf-ape:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EV's: 16 HP / 252 Attack / 240 Speed (+2 but it doesn't matter)
Ability: Blaze
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

I used to have it at Muscle Band w/ Swords Dance instead of U-Turn but U-Turn serves me better because now I can use the hit and run method perfectly with U-Turn and now I can hit Psychic types for super effect damage while switching to a special sponge (like my Blissey) to absorb the pending psychic attack coming up. Does that work well or should i change something again? What do you guys think about it?>
Old 06-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Pigeons Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pigeons Send a message via Yahoo to Pigeons
Default Re: Hows this infernape moveset?

Nice moves, the U-turn is a good idea. But would an alakazam get to strike first? if so that would be rape, no?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Prince J Offline
Master Trainer

The U-turn idea is good except if you are slower than the psychic type you are battling against. But still, the moveset can be preety usefull. I still think that the Sword Dance Sweeper Infernape is better.

Infernape @ Expert Belt/ Muscle Band
Trait: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Sword Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Or the Nasty Plotter:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat/Focus Blast
Old 06-09-2007, 02:58 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

U-Turn does not always work.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Monstarr Offline

yeah just a thought... i was thinking of how good a hit and runner ape would be then i thought of u-turn but im not sure how this set would work correctly.. so i'll just stick to the boring swords dancer beat down set-up with the 252/252 set up that i orginally had. thanks for the replies
Old 06-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Keep U-Turn on something, no matter what people say lol. Its a great move, and it should be able to one hit Celebi. Anything that can one hit Celebi=Winnar. Oh, and personally I'd run a Jolly nature with a Choice Band. Hes fast enough with Jolly so he dosnt need Choice Scarf.

yes.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Monstarr Offline

I know i have to put U-Turn on something, anything actually. I need that hit and runner. Anyone have suggestions for a Hit n' Turner (my term for a hit and runner with U-Turn). On my team so far is Infernape at Adamant (cause jolly was too hard to find for me) as a physical sweeper and a Starmie at Timid (surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, psychic) at choice specs. Trying to build a balanced team
Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Even with Adamant, i don't see the point of Choice scarf. Infernape is already faster than Gyarados / Mence, so Choice band would be way more beneficial to hit them (plus random Slowbro) much harder. Choice scarf's only use would probably be against Dugtrio, and maybe Starmie (Which you don't even ohko)
Old 06-10-2007, 03:16 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstarr View Post
I know i have to put U-Turn on something, anything actually. I need that hit and runner. Anyone have suggestions for a Hit n' Turner (my term for a hit and runner with U-Turn). On my team so far is Infernape at Adamant (cause jolly was too hard to find for me) as a physical sweeper and a Starmie at Timid (surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, psychic) at choice specs. Trying to build a balanced team
If your going to play in competitive enviroments, breeding for the nature, however annoying it may be, is pretty much required lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi
Even with Adamant, i don't see the point of Choice scarf. Infernape is already faster than Gyarados / Mence, so Choice band would be way more beneficial to hit them (plus random Slowbro) much harder. Choice scarf's only use would probably be against Dugtrio, and maybe Starmie (Which you don't even ohko)
It also helps outspeed Weavile and Aerodactyl, but yeah, you dont need Choice Scarf on Infernape. The only things that really are going to outspeed it are possibly Garchomp(most run Adamant from what I see, so Jolly Ape will outspeed it), Weavile, the less common from what im seeing Aerodactyl, Starmie and Dugtrio as he said, and maybe a small amount of other things+Choice Scarf users. Basically, stick to Band or Life Orb if your physical sweeping, Specs or Life Orb if your special sweeping, and Life Orb if your mixed sweeping. Personally, im only a fan of Mixape, but thats because theres much better sweepers if you just need one or the other(physical or special).

yes.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Monstarr Offline

Yeah life orb infernape is what i used to have. it's amazingly strong and does the job for me the right way kinda like what sceptile was able to do in previous generations as a starter. well anyone know any baton pass-u-turn combos? or any combo with U-turn i'm starting to give up on it. My swords dancing ape really is the best the nasty plot version just doesn't do the job correctly for me
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Monstarr Offline

looks like infernape is only good with swords dancing he's a decent choice bander but theres other options for banding so i think he'll just stay a dancing ape
Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Itzreeping Offline
New Trainer

My Infernape Moveset is
Brick Break
Flamethrower
Endeavor
Energy

My held item is Miracle Seed

I seem to get past rock,Ground.Water all the time
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

My Infernape knows Grass Knot lol