Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam
Default George W. Bush: What do you think?

Some of you may remember the thread I started entitled "Dark Lord Bush" back on the proboards forum, where I did not mean to get into a meaningful discussion about our current president, but it happened anyway.

In this thread, it is my intent for people to express and discuss their opinions about President George W. Bush and his current administration (including content about the Iraq War and the upcoming Presidential Election)

Alright, I'll start off by giving my opinion on Bush:

As many of you may already know, I do not support Bush. In fact, I despise him as a leader and as a human being. Before all of you who like Bush go berserk, allow me to explain the multitude of events/topics/facts/reasons that have led me to feel this way:

Reason #1: He was appointed by the US Supreme Court Back in November of 2000, the presidential election in the US was VERY close, closer than anyone thought possible. So close that the problems with punch-card ballots in a single state (Florida) were discussed endlessly because it could tip the results. Once all of the ballots had been counted (I'll note that the Florida ballots were counted at least three times for accuracy), Gore had recieveed more votes than Bush. However, Bush insisted that a group of a few hundred ballots were flawed, and that the voters had intented to vote for him. So, he took his case to the Supreme Court and won. Thus, Geroge W. Bush was not elected democratically, he was appointed by the Supreme Court (which was full of Republicans appointed by George Sr.).

Reason #2: George W. Bush is a fool I hope everyone who's reading this realizes that I will of course back this statment up extensively with facts. It's easy to say "[insert name here of person you hate] is stupid.", but I say so about Bush with confidence and sources. Please read the following qutoes made by the current US president:

"The question is rarely asked - Is our children learning?"

"It's your money, you paid for it."

"It must be a budget, it's got lots of numbers."

"Teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than—I say more Muslims—a lot of Muslims have died—I don't know the exact count—at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill."

"My views are one that speaks to freedom."

"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the—the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." (NOTE: *apologizes for interrupting* The US has more nukes than any other country on Earth.)

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."

"I think war is a dangerous place."

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote."

"I understand small business growth. I was one."

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

George W. Bush makes grammer errors that any fourth-grader could easily correct. To me, that speaks volumes about his intelligence...or more accurately, a lack thereof. In my opinion, a man who has great trouble speaking his native tounge couldn't possibly have the competence to be in politics, let alone lead the United States of America. His lack of intelligence also shines through in his actions, as I will depict later.

<I'll finish this later; I've got to get off now>
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Last edited by Alakazam; 04-19-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: George W. Bush: What do you think?

Another thing. My friend recieved a presidential fitness award and let me see it. Either Bush had a really bad printer or his handwriting sucks ass.

Bush lies all the time and the no-child-left-behind-act is a total fake. Thousands of kids everywhere who can't read will be passing this year and Bush made that statement to get elected again.

Bush stutters all the time like he doesn't even know his own speeches and if he thinks war is so dangerous why doesn't he call the troops back? America has done enough harm and should let them rebuild on their own foundation. And Iraqi's weren't the ones who really bombed the world trade center. If I remember right it was the packistan's not the Iraqi's.

Plenty of more reason's but it'll just take out the fun of debating.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Bush stutters all the time like he doesn't even know his own speeches and if he thinks war is so dangerous why doesn't he call the troops back? America has done enough harm and should let them rebuild on their own foundation. And Iraqi's weren't the ones who really bombed the world trade center. If I remember right it was the packistan's not the Iraqi's.

Plenty of more reason's but it'll just take out the fun of debating.
The al-Quadeas were the ones who organized the 9/11 attacks (They're a part of the Taliban and are based in Afghanistan, Afghanistan didnt attack the Trade Center, it was the al-Queada who did it. I was just pointing it out to anyone who thinks it was Afghanistan.)

As most of you know, I am Anti-Bush (Mwahaha) and I was the only one brave enough in the last thread to question Syrus's power he was using in the thread to make this a Bush-sided argument (And I got into a heated debate that he never finished after I left a comment. He must of realized I was right and/or was too embarrased).
Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Before I say anything, chances are good I'm probably not going to vote for Kerry. I just don't feel comfortable about him being if office, considering some of the things I've heard, he's not the "common man" people think he is, he's still rich as a king. But concerning Bush, it doesn't matter. He's already lost my vote...

I wish I could say this to the entire country, but everything that happens from this point on to the final day of voting is an act. You will see oil prices drop, you will start seeing a better economy, you will start seeing stocks go up but you know what? There's one universal purpose to it. Bush wants to us believe that we are making progress and it will stay that way if he is elected again. But that's complete crap, it's an idiotic strategy to get people to believe something that isn't true.

And people have begun to catch up on it. Bush should have done all these things for every year that he was in office, or at least to the best of his ability. Still, he has failed to do that. If we catch Osama Bin Laden tomorrow, chances are he's already been caught for quite some time, or some "critical" or "strategic" action had taken place to ensure his capture. If that's the real case, then something like this should have been done long ago. It would be extremely shameful to see something that should have been done to avenge the victims of 9/11 used as a beneficial tool for one's own purpose. You don't know how disgusted I would be if I saw that happen. Bush never really handled 9/11 very well, and I really have no clue as to how Gore would have handled it if he had been elected instead. It was only off by a few amount of votes...

With all that said, I don't believe Bush has been a fighter for the people of America, which is a real shame when we needed his support in some of the worst times of this election. Everything that was done for New York during those critical moments was done by Rudolph Giuliani, not by George Bush. There were so many ways Bush could have done a better job, but he decided not to simply because in his mind there were better solutions. He should have been thinking in terms of what the people wanted, not just what was going to be good for him. I can only hope it costs him the election.

With that said, I hope we get a better president in the years to come. America is a great and proud country. I can only hope we can get one individual who has those same qualities and will be willing to lead this nation with honor and responsibility.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Reason #3: September 11th Dom't get me wrong, I don't blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks, but I am appalled at the level of apathy he showed both before and after the attacks. In a memo (Presidential Daily Briefing) from August 6th, 2001, entitled "Osama bin Laden Determined to Attack within United States", Bush found out that al-Qaeda was palnning something, and he knew it may involve using planes as weapons. He and Condi Rice keep saying that this information was 'historical sata', and wasn't construed as a wraning. However, on July 18th of 2001, just two two weeks prior, both the FBI AND THE FAA released TERROR WARNINGS. So, how could the PDB NOT be construed as a warning?!

Bush keeps saying that he didn't know when or where or how it would happen. Well, that he didn't know how is a lie. He had intelligence that binLaden may be using aircraft as weapons (the military had even done multiple training scenarios where A PLANE FIES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. As to where and when, of course he didn't know, we don't excpect him to. What does he excpect, a not from Al Qaeda explaining when and where they will attack? Please...

He maintains that the government did all they could with the information that they had. I say that that' just plain bulls**t. What could they have done, without knowing the specifics of the attack?

1.) Airport Security - security in airports (before 9/11) were almost non-existant in the US. It was pretty much a joke, with untrained personell as security officers in most places. There could have been some significant improvement in security to prepare for an attack through the air, as they did know it was going to happen.

2.) Public Relations - Some information should have been released to the American poeple, even if just by raising the terror alert status.

Not only did Bush not amply prepare us for the attack, he, to this day, will not claim responsibility for it.

<Still more reasons later>
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Worst-President-Ever.

Here is a poem about him.

"There once was a man named Saddam,
Who I thought had a nuclear bomb,
So I started a war that few nations were for,
And now its the next Vietnam.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Mechaflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mechaflame

I hate Bush! I hate Bush! I hate Bush!
Bush can just suck my big, fat, hairy... toe!

The original starters should get more respeck, don't y'think!
Latest Signature

Old 04-20-2004, 05:50 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Ahhh...this is the thread for me!
I sound like master ROSHI...
anyway, have you noticed that Bush always pauses in his speeches?
It's because there's a guy hidden in the dumpster telling him what to say.
G. Bush changed his name illegally so his initials would be G.B., Great Britain, My country.(English national anthem plays)
and I will defend it!...sorry
Bush needs all the help he can get.
I made up a movie about him and put it on one of my non-pokemon-related sites.
I call it, "It's time to bomb saddam"
I think Ebaum stole it...
He rigged his election by taking away the right to vote from some of the public, voted twice and only counted the votes from a certain area supporting him.
He's stupid, Dumb and ... Well..... a.... mutters ...Hem hem,
G.W.B., I wonder what he wants to realize Tony Blair to notice...
Great whooo! Britan
Great wonder Britain
" WOW "
The choices are infinite.
Well almost.
Come to my story, Dark world, on ultra pokemon stories. Puny mortals...
Old 04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold
Come to my story, Dark world, on ultra pokemon stories. Puny mortals...
You didn't write that story I saw it on another site. One of your storys would be Ash getting sucked down a toilet with Pikachu and falling into the world of Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Kerry and Bush are both idiots. Kerry: I'm a lazy jackass. Bush: SADDAM TRIED TO KILL MY DADDAY!

Bush had lied to us and ****** us long enough. Bush wants to kill someone for a crime that didn't actually work.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
You didn't write that story I saw it on another site. One of your storys would be Ash getting sucked down a toilet with Pikachu and falling into the world of Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Kerry and Bush are both idiots. Kerry: I'm a lazy jackass. Bush: SADDAM TRIED TO KILL MY DADDAY!

Bush had lied to us and ****** us long enough. Bush wants to kill someone for a crime that didn't actually work.

When I saw that I thought it looked very Un-Goldish. His post count comes from 125 cans of spam if you get my hint.

I glad I caint vote yet because theres really no good choices this year.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:57 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

If John Kerry gets Ted Kennady [spelling] as his right hand it will hurt his votes.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

I don't like all of the wars his administration has gotten the US into. The fact the Iraq had WMD was never proven sufficiently, and has made almost every country in the world's public opinion of the US go WAY down. Not to mention all of the money these wars take. Does anyone remember the huge surplus we had in 2000? Gone. And our nation debt is getting way out of hand. Ours and future generations will have to pay for that debt. Plus, the baby boomers will be going into retirement soon, and considering we don't have enough money to pay them at the moment, how are they going to get social security checks?

To be fair though, I don't favor Kerry that much either. Most of what I've seen so far from his campaign is just anti-Bush propoganda.

Level 100 at 632
Old 04-21-2004, 02:13 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well, I'm back, and in a political mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Reason #1: He was appointed by the US Supreme Court Back in November of 2000, the presidential election in the US was VERY close, closer than anyone thought possible. So close that the problems with punch-card ballots in a single state (Florida) were discussed endlessly because it could tip the results. Once all of the ballots had been counted (I'll note that the Florida ballots were counted at least three times for accuracy), Gore had recieveed more votes than Bush. However, Bush insisted that a group of a few hundred ballots were flawed, and that the voters had intented to vote for him. So, he took his case to the Supreme Court and won. Thus, Geroge W. Bush was not elected democratically, he was appointed by the Supreme Court (which was full of Republicans appointed by George Sr.).
That is the complete and utter opposite of what I heard and remember. I remember Bush winning Florida back before the rest of the states had their votes polled, and it was Al Gore that had wanted the recount. Specifically calling on a media report with the relative title of "Bush to still be in the lead?" having a picture of florida painted red. First a news website.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...4/164421.shtml
along with

Quote:
Reason #2: George W. Bush is a fool I hope everyone who's reading this realizes that I will of course back this statment up extensively with facts. It's easy to say "[insert name here of person you hate] is stupid.", but I say so about Bush with confidence and sources. Please read the following qutoes made by the current US president:
So you mean to point out a few speach errors by speaches that aren't even his own while the general idea is still being passed effectively proves that someone is an idiot. Some of the smartest men in the world couldn't speak "effectively". Atleast he's not some fake polition who uses fancy words to make himself sound smart, but rather a more down-to-earth guy.

Quote:
"The question is rarely asked - Is our children learning?"
I don't find how this is dumb. Whether your community or not has this issue may affect your opinion, but this is an issue at my place. You see, no one really cares in Nevada. You take a test, you pass or fail, you move on.

Quote:
"It's your money, you paid for it."
That is taken out of context like no tomarrow.

Quote:
"It must be a budget, it's got lots of numbers."
Jockularity I guess doesn't run in your evalutaion of a person I guess. And second, was he just further pressing a point with a semi-serious statement? Context.

Quote:
"Teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
I once again don't see what's wrong here. Unless you are going to point out the use of the word "ain't".

Quote:
"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than—I say more Muslims—a lot of Muslims have died—I don't know the exact count—at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill."
Are these little dashes pauses or skipping parts of a quote? I once again don't see what is wrong with this statement. Please clarify your problem here.

Quote:
"My views are one that speaks to freedom."
Oh wow a slight misuse of a word. Ever call someone by the wrong name.

Quote:
"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."
I don't see what is wrong with this statement, again. The definition of appalling is used correctly here, that is Causing consternation or dismay; frightful

Quote:
"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the—the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
Once again taken out of context. It is very obvious that he was referancing to those who were violating the peacefulness of the Iraqis, and was referring to the violaters mentioned previously in the speach, or what the whole speach section was about.

Quote:
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." (NOTE: *apologizes for interrupting* The US has more nukes than any other country on Earth.)
That was in perspective of right now. We are NOT manufacturing nuclear weapons right now. Before, we were dumber. We know better now.

Quote:
"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."
Simply put: he sees headlines in his very busy schedual only to be told them by the same people who make the headlines or the headlines are about, and skips the crap and moves onto the important stuff.

Quote:
"I think war is a dangerous place."
Once again an improper use of a word taken out of context disregarding the whole notion of the statement. Little reality check: when speaking to the nation, the rights words don't always come at the right time.

Quote:
"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
First of all, taken out of context failing to see the whole picture of what he is saying.

Quote:
"The great thing about America is everybody should vote."
I have commented on the "wrong word under pressure" thing before.

Quote:
"I understand small business growth. I was one."
He means he was in a small business. I commented on the pressure thing before.

Quote:
"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
Families plate is probably what he meant. But once again, sometimes someone stammers when under pressure.

Quote:
George W. Bush makes grammer errors that any fourth-grader could easily correct. To me, that speaks volumes about his intelligence...or more accurately, a lack thereof. In my opinion, a man who has great trouble speaking his native tounge couldn't possibly have the competence to be in politics, let alone lead the United States of America. His lack of intelligence also shines through in his actions, as I will depict later.
Excuse me while I laugh.
*heh heh heh ha ha ha*
Now let me ask you: what kind of invalid cheap underhanded ploy is this? The speach mistakes that a person makes while under pressure and taken out of context doesn't demean his ability to govern a country. He isn't spelling things out. Often times, he's saying stuff on-spot. Unless you can go up to your entire school, give a perfect speach with no grammatical multiple times over a period of 4 years with people asking questions both on the spot and through the mail because you are required of it, then you have no room to speak. I already said this, but some people aren't as much of a fluent speaker under pressure as others. Let me know once you can comprehend the different abilities of a person to speak.

Quote:
Either Bush had a really bad printer or his handwriting sucks ass.
Oh wow a persons motor skills and finess in a mass-written paper determins how good of a president he should be. Ever meet a doctor?

Quote:
Bush lies all the time and the no-child-left-behind-act is a total fake.
Exuse me while I laugh.

*heh heh heh heh ha ha ha ha!*
I am doing a report on the No child left behind act. Let me tell you: it's not fake. Do me a favor, and read this http://www.ed.gov/policy/elsec/leg/esea02/index.html
This is the legal document of the No child left behind act. Trust me: he's not lying in ANYTHING he says, and I dare you to try to prove me wrong.

Quote:
Thousands of kids everywhere who can't read will be passing this year and Bush made that statement to get elected again.
WRONGO! The Elementary and Secondary Education act was issued in 1965. In this act, it required a regular overhall of it's texts every 5-7 years, which the most recent overhall was called the no child left behind act. So unless he traveled back in time and made that president write that up so he can say that, your wrong. A kids ability to pass a grade does NOT invoid the No child left behind act, which (from what I've read from the whole frikken thing) mentions nothing about holding a child back. Don't associate stuff with the act until you know it.

Quote:
Bush stutters all the time like he doesn't even know his own speeches
Do me a favor and give me all the 386 pokemon in order. Right now, without going to any website.
Quote:
and if he thinks war is so dangerous why doesn't he call the troops back?
I fail to see intellectual comprehension of this statement. He doesn't call the troops back because firstly he promised that he would liberate Iraq of terrorrism. Pulling the troops back would make him a liar. Second, the troops are in their not only for the Iraqis safety, but for America's safety aswell. It's like putting stricter rules on a school to prevent them from getting hurt.
Quote:
America has done enough harm and should let them rebuild on their own foundation.
America has done far more good than harm, and they can't rebuild their foundation on their own.
Quote:
And Iraqi's weren't the ones who really bombed the world trade center. If I remember right it was the packistan's not the Iraqi's.
I guess you are amongst the most who can't seem to seperate the idea of the liberation of Iraq along the the true nature with the war on terrorrism and the fight in Afghanistan. We KNOW that Iraq didn't bomb us.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 04-21-2004, 02:30 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
Well, I'm back, and in a political mood.

That is the complete and utter opposite of what I heard and remember. I remember Bush winning Florida back before the rest of the states had their votes polled, and it was Al Gore that had wanted the recount. Specifically calling on a media report with the relative title of "Bush to still be in the lead?" having a picture of florida painted red. First a news website.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...4/164421.shtml
along with

So you mean to point out a few speach errors by speaches that aren't even his own while the general idea is still being passed effectively proves that someone is an idiot. Some of the smartest men in the world couldn't speak "effectively". Atleast he's not some fake polition who uses fancy words to make himself sound smart, but rather a more down-to-earth guy.

I don't find how this is dumb. Whether your community or not has this issue may affect your opinion, but this is an issue at my place. You see, no one really cares in Nevada. You take a test, you pass or fail, you move on.

That is taken out of context like no tomarrow.

Jockularity I guess doesn't run in your evalutaion of a person I guess. And second, was he just further pressing a point with a semi-serious statement? Context.

I once again don't see what's wrong here. Unless you are going to point out the use of the word "ain't".

Are these little dashes pauses or skipping parts of a quote? I once again don't see what is wrong with this statement. Please clarify your problem here.

Oh wow a slight misuse of a word. Ever call someone by the wrong name.

I don't see what is wrong with this statement, again. The definition of appalling is used correctly here, that is Causing consternation or dismay; frightful

Once again taken out of context. It is very obvious that he was referancing to those who were violating the peacefulness of the Iraqis, and was referring to the violaters mentioned previously in the speach, or what the whole speach section was about.

That was in perspective of right now. We are NOT manufacturing nuclear weapons right now. Before, we were dumber. We know better now.

Simply put: he sees headlines in his very busy schedual only to be told them by the same people who make the headlines or the headlines are about, and skips the crap and moves onto the important stuff.

Once again an improper use of a word taken out of context disregarding the whole notion of the statement. Little reality check: when speaking to the nation, the rights words don't always come at the right time.

First of all, taken out of context failing to see the whole picture of what he is saying.

I have commented on the "wrong word under pressure" thing before.

He means he was in a small business. I commented on the pressure thing before.

Families plate is probably what he meant. But once again, sometimes someone stammers when under pressure.

Excuse me while I laugh.
*heh heh heh ha ha ha*
Now let me ask you: what kind of invalid cheap underhanded ploy is this? The speach mistakes that a person makes while under pressure and taken out of context doesn't demean his ability to govern a country. He isn't spelling things out. Often times, he's saying stuff on-spot. Unless you can go up to your entire school, give a perfect speach with no grammatical multiple times over a period of 4 years with people asking questions both on the spot and through the mail because you are required of it, then you have no room to speak. I already said this, but some people aren't as much of a fluent speaker under pressure as others. Let me know once you can comprehend the different abilities of a person to speak.

Oh wow a persons motor skills and finess in a mass-written paper determins how good of a president he should be. Ever meet a doctor?

Exuse me while I laugh.

*heh heh heh heh ha ha ha ha!*
I am doing a report on the No child left behind act. Let me tell you: it's not fake. Do me a favor, and read this http://www.ed.gov/policy/elsec/leg/esea02/index.html
This is the legal document of the No child left behind act. Trust me: he's not lying in ANYTHING he says, and I dare you to try to prove me wrong.

WRONGO! The Elementary and Secondary Education act was issued in 1965. In this act, it required a regular overhall of it's texts every 5-7 years, which the most recent overhall was called the no child left behind act. So unless he traveled back in time and made that president write that up so he can say that, your wrong. A kids ability to pass a grade does NOT invoid the No child left behind act, which (from what I've read from the whole frikken thing) mentions nothing about holding a child back. Don't associate stuff with the act until you know it.

Do me a favor and give me all the 386 pokemon in order. Right now, without going to any website.
I fail to see intellectual comprehension of this statement. He doesn't call the troops back because firstly he promised that he would liberate Iraq of terrorrism. Pulling the troops back would make him a liar. Second, the troops are in their not only for the Iraqis safety, but for America's safety aswell. It's like putting stricter rules on a school to prevent them from getting hurt.
America has done far more good than harm, and they can't rebuild their foundation on their own.
I guess you are amongst the most who can't seem to seperate the idea of the liberation of Iraq along the the true nature with the war on terrorrism and the fight in Afghanistan. We KNOW that Iraq didn't bomb us.
Finally someone agrees with me. Lets say George W Bush did not send our troops to Iraq and Suddaum Hussiean had weapons of mass destruction. 4 years down the road USA is attacked by Suddaum with weapons of mass destruction. I think Bush made a great descion to take out Saddaum. Before he attacked us.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

It was issued long before Bush ever came into presidency for a regime change for Iraq in the to-do list of America. The debate was over to send ground troops into Iraq, since the aerial strikes were doing little to nothing. 9/11 inspired Bush to make his decision rather quickly.

Quote:
I wish I could say this to the entire country, but everything that happens from this point on to the final day of voting is an act. You will see oil prices drop, you will start seeing a better economy, you will start seeing stocks go up but you know what? There's one universal purpose to it. Bush wants to us believe that we are making progress and it will stay that way if he is elected again. But that's complete crap, it's an idiotic strategy to get people to believe something that isn't true.
I feel like I'm the only one here who can comprehend the presidental election. Oil prices WON"T drop, the economy WON'T get better. Simply put, these aren't simple things that the whims of someone who's president can do. And the stocks rising and falling is completely uncontrollable. Second, the media does the same *insert unapropriate word* thing! I don't see how come other people can't! We are making progress all right. Since the vast majority of media doesn't like Bush, they try to take advantage of it and only tell half of the story: the bad half.

Quote:
And people have begun to catch up on it. Bush should have done all these things for every year that he was in office, or at least to the best of his ability.
You do realize it takes a few years for everything he signs to go into action, right? These things CAN'T be signed unless it gets proposed by someone else! No one proposes it, there is little he can do.
Quote:
Still, he has failed to do that. If we catch Osama Bin Laden tomorrow, chances are he's already been caught for quite some time, or some "critical" or "strategic" action had taken place to ensure his capture.
Someone's a conspiracy nut.
Quote:
If that's the real case, then something like this should have been done long ago. It would be extremely shameful to see something that should have been done to avenge the victims of 9/11 used as a beneficial tool for one's own purpose.
I believe you are referring to the advertisement that Bush put out that had a glimpse of firemen working together. I find this entire statement to be nit-picking and some underhanded and cheap ploy to further put down something that the opposing side doesn't like.
Quote:
You don't know how disgusted I would be if I saw that happen. Bush never really handled 9/11 very well,
Opinion! Define well, from a non-hindsight view.
Quote:
and I really have no clue as to how Gore would have handled it if he had been elected instead.
He would've done the same thing, because that is what was proposed to him, signed by him, and sent into action, along with how much power he has.

Quote:
With all that said, I don't believe Bush has been a fighter for the people of America, which is a real shame when we needed his support in some of the worst times of this election.
You mean of his term, right? All these "worst times" that you probably no longer hear about are taken care of! He isn't a "fighter", he's a leader.
Quote:
Everything that was done for New York during those critical moments was done by Rudolph Giuliani, not by George Bush.
Opinion. I watch the news, too. Bush did a whole lot, like have Rudolph Giuliani do his work in the critical moments in New york.
Quote:
There were so many ways Bush could have done a better job,
Name one.
Quote:
but he decided not to simply because in his mind there were better solutions.
Which probably were.
Quote:
He should have been thinking in terms of what the people wanted, not just what was going to be good for him. I can only hope it costs him the election.
That is what he was doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Reason #3: September 11th Dom't get me wrong, I don't blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks, but I am appalled at the level of apathy he showed both before and after the attacks. In a memo (Presidential Daily Briefing) from August 6th, 2001, entitled "Osama bin Laden Determined to Attack within United States", Bush found out that al-Qaeda was palnning something, and he knew it may involve using planes as weapons. He and Condi Rice keep saying that this information was 'historical sata', and wasn't construed as a wraning. However, on July 18th of 2001, just two two weeks prior, both the FBI AND THE FAA released TERROR WARNINGS. So, how could the PDB NOT be construed as a warning?!
Hindsighted so much it's rediculess. Firstly, this was NOT issued first to Bush! It was givin to Clinton near the end of his term, and he decided what would and wouldn't happen. We've known that Al-Qaeda was planning junk long before Bush was president. In a DAILY briefing (meaning he sees document 365 days a year) it mentioned Osama bin Laden, among many of those who don't like America, The Planes and weapons and Hijacking was taken out of context, not only because those words appeared standing alone in the highlighted document, but also the very plan of Al-Qaeda to use plains was kept a very deep secret amongst Osama and his little friends. The PDB isn't a warning. It's a "here's what's goin' down" report. Nothing about action, or warning. Terror warnings are vague. For all we knew, they could've attack an embacy in Spain.

Let me clarify something for you: In Al-Qaeda, we waited for something to happen. Otherwise it would've been an unprovoked attack against people who could've been innoscent, and would've been until they did something. Now, for Iraq, we acted prior to before anything happened, and we found plenty of junk telling that he was going to do something to America. Now, you either complain about his inability to act on Al-Qaeda, or the un-provoked attack against Iraq. If you complain about both of them, you are being a hindsight perfectionist without a grip on reality. He did BOTH choices, and BOTH WERE WRONG to people like you. And BTW: there was way more stuff than just ONE PDB that suggested Iraq was doing something. By gosh we were right.

Quote:
Bush keeps saying that he didn't know when or where or how it would happen. Well, that he didn't know how is a lie.
Prove it. Was it at New York? Even in America? This month? Next year? Were they going to bomb a plain? A building? Go on a shooting spree? You can't. In this PDB (the FBI also doesn't remember anything) that mentioned Osama, it didn't give nearly enough information to do something about it, nor any real motivation.
Quote:
He had intelligence that binLaden may be using aircraft as weapons (the military had even done multiple training scenarios where A PLANE FIES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. As to where and when, of course he didn't know, we don't excpect him to. What does he excpect, a not from Al Qaeda explaining when and where they will attack? Please...
Those scenarios were done not for Al-Qaeda, but rather to test the structure of the World Trade Center. Don't forget that. From what I've seen, nothing was good enough for people like you, so go on and ramble away your contradicting nonsense.

Quote:
He maintains that the government did all they could with the information that they had. I say that that' just plain bulls**t.
Iraq, anyone? I also explained this before. And he doesn't get the final say. He doesn't have the ability or the right to say "Go invade Afghanistan". It has to be proposed to him by the Military. That didn't happen, so there wasn't a {insert inapropriate word here} thing he could've done. No president could've done anything.
Quote:
What could they have done, without knowing the specifics of the attack?
Or the specifics of what to do to prevent this, and the specifics if this is true or just another false alarm. Not everything in every PDB is fact, you know.

Quote:
1.) Airport Security - security in airports (before 9/11) were almost non-existant in the US. It was pretty much a joke, with untrained personell as security officers in most places. There could have been some significant improvement in security to prepare for an attack through the air, as they did know it was going to happen.
You do realize that even with airport security, a few people were able to pass onto airplanes with box-cutters even with the boost. The only way they caught a few of them was when they opened their bag to check. They put you through a metal dectector. They don't need trained personel. And how were they supposed to know that about a dozen people would go onto an airplane and take it over? Was one or two guys supposed to handle that? Hindsight is blind.

Quote:
2.) Public Relations - Some information should have been released to the American poeple, even if just by raising the terror alert status.
Yes, release shaky unproven data to the public to make them panic. They might aswell release very little bit and piece of information that the president ever gets. Little law here: you can't immediatly release things from the government into the public. It has to wait awhile.

Quote:
Not only did Bush not amply prepare us for the attack, he, to this day, will not claim responsibility for it.
I don't see how he was supposed to.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html