Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
XVIIVX Offline
New Trainer

Default Problems connecting GBA-Gc

I am trying to register my Ruby team to Pokemon Colosseum. I have saved at a pokemoncenter and so on. But when I try to connect the two it says on the GBA screen that I have no save file, and on Colosseum it says that I haven't saved correctly. If I directly unplug the GBA-Gamecube cable, there are no savefile on the Ruby game! But when I restart it's back. I really would like to connect between GBA-Gc, can anyone help me.

BTW, I'm using a Pal GameCube with Pal Pokemon Colosseum, and a Pal GBA with US/Ntsc Ruby cart.

Edit: typos

Last edited by XVIIVX; 10-13-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: Problems connecting GBA-Gc

Well, for one thing, there's no such thing as a PAL GBA or NTSC GBA cartridge; the GBA and all games are multiregional, and can work with each other despite language differences.

As for the problem itself, I'm not entirely sure. Sometimes, when connecting my Ruby cartridge to PC, it gets an error. I've found that this happens when having certain Pokemon in my lineup (ie. Latios, for one). I'm not sure why, but it always causes errors when Latios or other certain Pokemon are in my Team (Not all Legendarys BTW. One or two normal Mons also cause this error). Try switching your Team around and retrying the connection.

Also, to anyone reading this, I have never once used a gameshark or cheating device of any kind. If anyone can shed any light on why these errors occur with certain Pokemon, then please do (Yet I'm sure that all Pokemon should be allowed to connect with PC).

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Yggdrasill Offline

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill
Default Re: Problems connecting GBA-Gc

well sometimes there may be a error with one of your controller slots, it did that to mine, and i just put it in a different slot and it worked.