Welcome to the main topic for the HALLOWEEN FAN FICTION COMPETITION.
This competition will run from October 10th to October 31st 2004.
- The fan fiction must be set on Halloween Day (or night).
- It must contain Pokémon (at least one) and it may contain Humans (it may not if you wish).
- The story must be finished by October 30th. If it is not, then the judges will not have the end and the story is normally better with an ending.
- The story must have the symbol
for the thread, and it must have [HFFC] before the title of the actual fic, so finding them can be easier.
- Post the name of your story, your username, and a short two-line premise of your story, and it'll be added OFFICIALLY to the contestants list.
- There is no requirement of lenght. It can be short, it can be long, but it must be finished (if you want better grades, that is, the end normally packs the biggest punch).
Judges must turn in scoring for stories by Halloween (this way, we can crown winners on the 31st =) ). Scoring works in five criterias:
1. Spelling / Grammer: Face it, a story needs this to be well comprehended.
2. Description: Imagining a story is as needed as a good idea for a story.
3. Originality / Creativity: is the story unique? Does it resemble other stories?
4. Spooky / Horror Factor: is the story scary? Does it make you afraid?
5. Odds and Ends: was it told well? where the characters well crafted? Everything not being applicable in the above categories goes here.
All stories will have scores on /25, as each criteria is 5 points.
To dertermine a story's final score, all scores for the story will be added up and made an average.
The winning story is that with the highest average.
Everyone who writes a story will judge the other stories.
This way, we can have a large array of scores, and everyone will know everyone read all the stories. It's not the end of the world if you don't judge, but it'd be nice if you did =). Anyone else can grade stories AS WELL, even if they don't have an entry themselves
The three stories that finish the highest will receive image ribbons (someone volunteer to make these? ^^;;) that they can use for their sig, or whatever.
Everyone that participates will get a participation ribbon, so they can say official they participated in the Halloween Fan Fiction Competition =)
I have no life. LOL. The mascots to this year's competition is... *drum roll*
Yay! No point to this :)
, "Shuppet Grudges
An 8-year old girl, Katie, discovers a buried Shuppet doll in her new mansion. As she soon realizes, this Shuppet doll has powers beyond imagination and is using Katie to get back at the people who ruined Shuppet's life 20 years ago.
2. Neo Pikachu
, "The Foreign Family
Fifteen year old Oscar never had too many friends, but one day his dreams came true after he befriended a friendly and compassionate Murkrow. Yet there's something about this Murkrow that seems strange, and whenever Oscar is around him, strange things begin to happen...
, "The Hunted and the Damned: Mansion of Death!
Two Pokemon Trainers, Cynthia and Tara, are best friends. They got stuck in a mansion, haunted by ghosts. Their mission was to get out of the damned mansion before any of them gets killed or gurt but soon enough they knew that there is no way out, will it be the end? Or will they struggle to get out?
4. Dark Pikachu
, "Small Package, Big Surprise,
A small Pikachu, driving slowly insane by a group of scientists, breaks free on October 31st and embarks on a Jason style killing spree. Rated PG:13 for Blood, Gore, and Mild Adult Launguage.
An abandoned evee is left to fend in Dark City named for the unusual amount of sinister happenings which occour there......And little evee will soon find that the most sinister of all, lies within a scaple and a tube.....
, "Frank and Dr. Stein
A scientist experiments by putting a human brain into a Pokemon's body. THE HORROR! And what happens when the town finds out about it?
, "Attack at Midnight
Bill and Harry are two friends who go Trick or Treat?ing and get attacked by things... Are they ghosts? A screaming skull? Do they rip their brains out? Or do they go to a haunted house full of spiders? Who knows....