Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix
Default ~Halloween Fan Fiction Competition~

Welcome to the main topic for the HALLOWEEN FAN FICTION COMPETITION.

This competition will run from October 10th to October 31st 2004.

[RULES]

- The fan fiction must be set on Halloween Day (or night).
- It must contain Pokémon (at least one) and it may contain Humans (it may not if you wish).
- The story must be finished by October 30th. If it is not, then the judges will not have the end and the story is normally better with an ending.
- The story must have the symbol for the thread, and it must have [HFFC] before the title of the actual fic, so finding them can be easier.
- Post the name of your story, your username, and a short two-line premise of your story, and it'll be added OFFICIALLY to the contestants list.
- There is no requirement of lenght. It can be short, it can be long, but it must be finished (if you want better grades, that is, the end normally packs the biggest punch).

[JUDGING/FORMAT]

Judges must turn in scoring for stories by Halloween (this way, we can crown winners on the 31st =) ). Scoring works in five criterias:
1. Spelling / Grammer: Face it, a story needs this to be well comprehended.
2. Description: Imagining a story is as needed as a good idea for a story.
3. Originality / Creativity: is the story unique? Does it resemble other stories?
4. Spooky / Horror Factor: is the story scary? Does it make you afraid?
5. Odds and Ends: was it told well? where the characters well crafted? Everything not being applicable in the above categories goes here.

All stories will have scores on /25, as each criteria is 5 points.
To dertermine a story's final score, all scores for the story will be added up and made an average.
The winning story is that with the highest average.

Everyone who writes a story will judge the other stories. This way, we can have a large array of scores, and everyone will know everyone read all the stories. It's not the end of the world if you don't judge, but it'd be nice if you did =). Anyone else can grade stories AS WELL, even if they don't have an entry themselves.

[PRIZES]

The three stories that finish the highest will receive image ribbons (someone volunteer to make these? ^^;;) that they can use for their sig, or whatever.
Everyone that participates will get a participation ribbon, so they can say official they participated in the Halloween Fan Fiction Competition =)

[MASCOTS]
I have no life. LOL. The mascots to this year's competition is... *drum roll*

Yay! No point to this :)

[CONTESTANTS]
1. KCash, "Shuppet Grudges"
An 8-year old girl, Katie, discovers a buried Shuppet doll in her new mansion. As she soon realizes, this Shuppet doll has powers beyond imagination and is using Katie to get back at the people who ruined Shuppet's life 20 years ago.
2. Neo Pikachu, "The Foreign Family"
Fifteen year old Oscar never had too many friends, but one day his dreams came true after he befriended a friendly and compassionate Murkrow. Yet there's something about this Murkrow that seems strange, and whenever Oscar is around him, strange things begin to happen...
3. Tamer-San, "The Hunted and the Damned: Mansion of Death!"
Two Pokemon Trainers, Cynthia and Tara, are best friends. They got stuck in a mansion, haunted by ghosts. Their mission was to get out of the damned mansion before any of them gets killed or gurt but soon enough they knew that there is no way out, will it be the end? Or will they struggle to get out?
4. Dark Pikachu, "Small Package, Big Surprise,"
A small Pikachu, driving slowly insane by a group of scientists, breaks free on October 31st and embarks on a Jason style killing spree. Rated PG:13 for Blood, Gore, and Mild Adult Launguage.
5. flyhighlatias!, "Stitches......."
An abandoned evee is left to fend in Dark City named for the unusual amount of sinister happenings which occour there......And little evee will soon find that the most sinister of all, lies within a scaple and a tube.....
6. lil_Leprachaun33, "Frank and Dr. Stein"
A scientist experiments by putting a human brain into a Pokemon's body. THE HORROR! And what happens when the town finds out about it?
7. Green_Gyarados, "Attack at Midnight"
Bill and Harry are two friends who go Trick or Treat?ing and get attacked by things... Are they ghosts? A screaming skull? Do they rip their brains out? Or do they go to a haunted house full of spiders? Who knows....

Last edited by Matt & Vulpix; 10-14-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:26 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash
Default Re: ~Halloween Fan Fiction Competition~

Name: KCash
HFFC Fic: Shuppet Grudges
Description: A 8-year old girl, Katie, discovers a buried Shuppet doll in her new mansion. As she soon realizes, this Shuppet doll has powers beyond imagination and is using Katie to get back at the people who ruined Shuppet's life 20 years ago.

Great idea on this competition Matt, I hope it gets things more active here. And I would love to accept being a judge. Good luck to everyone but most of all... scare the living hell out of me please

Old 10-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Name: Neo Pikachu
HFFC Fic: The Foreign Familar
Description: Fifteen year old Oscar never had too many friends, but one day his dreams came true after he befriended a friendly and compassionate Murkrow. Yet there's something about this Murkrow that seems strange, and whenever Oscar is around him, strange things begin to happen...

Old 10-11-2004, 04:09 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Thread- Stickied

Matt, you might want to make a Calender announcement for this event.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

great idea, this should happen every month. i will definitely enter something, though i haven't thought of what to write about yet. i do have some comments/questions.

5. Odds and Ends: was it well told? should read.... 5. Odds and Ends: was it told well?

Q: is there a length requirement?
Q: should there be one if there isn't?

good luck everyone and i will enjoy reading them.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I am not sure if I will be able to finish it on time, but at least I will try my best to write a successful Pokemon Fan-Fic. Have fun guys, and good luck everyone. Here is my something to join this competition:

Name: Tamer-San
HFFC: "The Hunted and The Damned: Mansion of Death!"
Description: Two Pokemon Trainers, Cynthia and Tara, are best friends. They got stuck in a mansion, haunted by ghosts. Their mission was to get out of the damned mansion before any of them gets killed or gurt but soon enough they knew that there is no way out, will it be the end? Or will they struggle to get out?

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 10-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Name: Dark Pikachu

HFFC Fic: Small Package, Big Surprise,

Description: A small Pikachu, driving slowly insane by a group of scientists, breaks free on October 31st and embarks on a Jason style killing spree. Rated PG:13 for Blood, Gore, and Mild Adult Launguage.

Heh, I'm gonna give it a shot.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

Lep: There is no maximum, there is no minimum. It can be any lenght the author wants, as long as it is finished on time (the end packs the biggest punch NORMALLY, so that would be in the best interest of the author).

KC, NP, DP, Tamer: Accepted =) Looking forward to your stories.

Harry: Right, but I don't have the power to make a calender event. If a moderator would make one, please tell them I'm in charge of the event and when it ends. Meh... I hate not being able to do it on my own.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:58 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt & Vulpix
Harry: Right, but I don't have the power to make a calender event. If a moderator would make one, please tell them I'm in charge of the event and when it ends. Meh... I hate not being able to do it on my own.

Okay Matt, the calender event is up. If you want to add anything, just let me know.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:09 AM
flyhighlatias! Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to flyhighlatias!

Name: flyhighlatias!

HFFC Fic: Stitches.......

Description: an abandoned evee is left to fend in Dark City named for the unusual amount of sinister happenings which occour there......And little evee will soon find that the most sinister of all, lies within a scaple and a tube.....
VCP(Hall of Fame)

lv.100

Team Soul : where it's at baby!
lets see you do THAT for an hour straight!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

ok, here's mine. im currently writing it.

Frank and Dr. Stein
A scientist experiments by putting a human brain into a Pokemon's body. THE HORROR! And what happens when the town finds out about it?

i wasn't so sure about the title but i thought it would be funny to parody Frankenstein. heh

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-14-2004, 04:25 PM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados

Username: GG
HFFC Fic: Attack at Midnight
Description: Bill and Harry are two friends who go Trick or Treat?ing and get attacked by things... Are they ghosts? A screaming skull? Do they rip their brains out? Or do they go to a haunted house full of spiders? Who knows....

It's a thriller/horror based story for 12-. If you like thriller and horror under 12, you can read. I'm ten and like it so far.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Zyn Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt & Vulpix
[PRIZES]

The three stories that finish the highest will receive image ribbons (someone volunteer to make these? ^^;;) that they can use for their sig, or whatever.
Well, they're not transparent, but they work

First Place:

Second Place:

Third Place:

Paricipation Ribbon:

~~-+-~~

VCP:

Dinmirus Lv. 100 @ 111 posts x.o

VPP:

Snoweh
Meh purdy Absol!! ^___________^
Lv. 100 @ 306 posts x.O

Click
here to be fooled!
Old 10-29-2004, 04:02 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Wow, excellent work Zyn, those came out really nice.

Here, I fixed the transparency issue for you.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

the ribbons would be nice if they said 1st, 2nd, 3rd and P for participation. i think they would look better.

oh, and are we supposed to send our votes to Matt? im not entirely sure....

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Closed Thread