Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:04 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to wad11656 Send a message via Yahoo to wad11656
Exclamation Fully colored Ho-oh on the title screen!! :o

I'm dead serious.

I was playing my Gold game while my friend was playing his Crystal in the basement at my house. At around midnight, I had to use the restroom, so I left my Gold game on the title screen, then when I came back down I saw the flying Ho-oh, but this time it wasn't just a black silhouette--it was colored perfectly of how Ho-oh was supposed to be colored--with the red and yellow wings and everything!! It was amazing!

I waited for it to go back to the intro. movie, and a lot of stuff was oppositely-colored...like the Pokemon and Gamefreak thing that shows up right when you turn it on was black with a white background, and the Lapras was red! I'm serious! It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen!!

So I decided to start my game, and everything was dark, and it looked a little glitchy--with just a few messed up pixels, but not much else was wrong. I turned the GBA SP off then back on again, afraid that if I played my game much longer, that it would mess up, but then the Ho-oh was black again, and wasn't colorful anymore!But my game was otherwise fine...

I just wish I had taken a picture of it or something, preferably filmed it, so that more people would believe me... I showed it to my friend, so he knows what I'm talking about, but he's not a member on any Pokemon forums.

My hypothesis is that the game transfered from Night to Morning while on the title screen, so it triggered the alternately-colored Ho-oh...I'm also wondering if this can happen on any other of the 2nd generation games! Tell me if this has ever happened to you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks!
wad11656

Awesome Kids Pokemon!
Join the best unnoficial, unnoficial Pokemon site on the web, and join the forums!

Supporter of the RULES

~*I miss the Johto Games and wish they'd re-make them for the DS. If you think so too, put this in your Sig.
Started by emerald suicune*~

Last edited by wad11656; 06-03-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to WifiFX
Default Re: Fully colored Ho-oh on the title screen!! :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad11656 View Post
I'm dead serious.

I was playing my Gold game while my friend was playing his Crystal in the basement at my house. At around midnight, I had to use the restroom, so I left my Gold game on the title screen, then when I came back down I saw the flying Ho-oh, but this time it wasn't just a black silhouette--it was colored perfectly of how Ho-oh was supposed to be colored--with the red and yellow wings and everything!! It was amazing!

I waited for it to go back to the intro. movie, and a lot of stuff was oppositely-colored...like the Pokemon and Gamefreak thing that shows up right when you turn it on was black with a white background, and the Lapras was red! I'm serious! It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen!!

So I decided to start my game, and everything was dark, and it looked a little glitchy--with just a few messed up pixels, but not much else was wrong. I turned the GBA SP off then back on again, afraid that if I played my game much longer, that it would mess up, but then the Ho-oh was black again, and wasn't colorful anymore!But my game was otherwise fine...

I just wish I had taken a picture of it or something, preferably filmed it, so that more people would believe me... I showed it to my friend, so he knows what I'm talking about, but he's not a member on any Pokemon forums.

My hypothesis is that the game transfered from Night to Morning while on the title screen, so it triggered the alternately-colored Ho-oh...I'm also wondering if this can happen on any other of the 2nd generation games! Tell me if this has ever happened to you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks!
wad11656
oh my God!! That's so amazing!! I actually.........believe you because it's never happened to me..and most stuff that never happens to me....happens to everyone else.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifiFX View Post
oh my God!! That's so amazing!! I actually.........believe you because it's never happened to me..and most stuff that never happens to me....happens to everyone else.
Oh, thankyou SOOO much for believing me!I thought everyone wouldn't believe me and would call me a n00b and junk...

Awesome Kids Pokemon!
Join the best unnoficial, unnoficial Pokemon site on the web, and join the forums!

Supporter of the RULES

~*I miss the Johto Games and wish they'd re-make them for the DS. If you think so too, put this in your Sig.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Oh, thankyou SOOO much for believing me!I thought everyone wouldn't believe me and would call me a n00b and junk...
You're welcome...I've got you're back..only because similar stuff has happened on blue....you know, where the versions switched background colors after I traded and stuff.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:13 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

That is so cool i wish it happened to me maybe it happens at midnight on Gold.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Lugia Of Darkness Offline
Amateur Trainer

i believe you you, because you have a truthfull tone. i think.. your friend went down and urinated on your gba sp.. was it wet when you held it?

uhm. did you catch ho-oh already because i think it has something to do with catching it though. also because it was fine later on, but red lapras,what? xD so crazy, but my friend with silver version once told me that lugia was colored. but i dont believe him, cause hes crazy..
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia Of Darkness View Post
i believe you you, because you have a truthfull tone. i think.. your friend went down and urinated on your gba sp.. was it wet when you held it?

uhm. did you catch ho-oh already because i think it has something to do with catching it though. also because it was fine later on, but red lapras,what? xD so crazy, but my friend with silver version once told me that lugia was colored. but i dont believe him, cause hes crazy..
LOL, most people are Crazy....I don't like your first paragraph.

It probably, had nothing to do with catching it..
Old 06-03-2007, 08:20 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia Of Darkness View Post

Errm...no, it wasn't wet. XD

Yes, I have caught Ho-oh (, but I accidentally put it in the day care where it lost its Sacred Fire move, so now I can't bare to even LOOK at it! XD). Yeah, the Lapras was red. I'm not kidding at ALL. (And so were the fish beneath it for that matter...)And I wouldn't be surprised if your friend was telling the truth...but who knows?

Awesome Kids Pokemon!

Supporter of the RULES

Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence

That's really cool. I have no idea of how that could happen-it's just one of those Midnight wonders. lol
Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Midnight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Send a message via MSN to Midnight Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight

Did someone just say my name? Lol.

That's pretty strange; I've never really noticed that before. ;P
I'll have to try it today. ^^

Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Did someone just say my name? Lol.

That's pretty strange; I've never really noticed that before. ;P
I'll have to try it today. ^^
Alright--goodluck!

Of course, there may be other certain requirements, and my hypothesis may not be completely correct...we may need some more verification, so thanks!

Awesome Kids Pokemon!

Supporter of the RULES

Old 06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Lol, seen it already, ain't new to me

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
wad11656 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoaferBoyzX View Post
Lol, seen it already, ain't new to me
MUAHAHAHA!! Proof!

Whelp, it's still cool though, isn't it?

Awesome Kids Pokemon!

Supporter of the RULES

Old 06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Lugia Of Darkness Offline
Amateur Trainer

if pnly you taped it, you could post it on youtube so i could watch over and over it seems like it was a pretty cool experience,and why was your friend in the basement?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 AM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

Quote:
MUAHAHAHA!! Proof!

Whelp, it's still cool though, isn't it?
Lol, it happened to me before I got my Crystal version

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?
Closed Thread