Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:51 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8
Default Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

I've set up this thread for anyone in need of a quick opinion, something you can turn to if you are momentarily stuck on what moves to learn or teach to your monsters, or for anyone who's found a good strategy tidbit, and would like to share it with others.

This thread is NOT to be used for full-out team reviews; please keep those seperate, the pages would be much too cluttered to be truly efficient otherwise.

Okay, now that that's established, I'll start things off wth a moveset conflict I'm currently having. My Alakazam in LeafGreen at the moment knows: Role Play, Calm Mind, Recover, and Psychic -- all of which are moves I like. I am wondering, though, whether or not I should teach it Thunder Wave (via Move Tutor) and/or Trick, and if so, over which of his current moves?

EDIT: for best results, and to make yourself look better, please use the following format:

*[Pokemon's Name]
-Item:
-Nature:
-Ability:
-EV Distribution:
-Moveset:

You don't have to use this verbatim, but just use something that makes your request easier to grant. Not to mention that it's pain to see half-arsed efforts when making movesets; it dissuades people from giving you help and you may just be forgotten due to the lack of credibility of your posts. Most of all, it's an eyesore to see something that looks like something conjured from an instant message.

Last edited by Ultima Boss; 02-26-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:09 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar
Default Re: Moveset Discussion

Is it gonna breed? If so, get Hitmonchan(though Hitmonlee is way more recommended) for Fire and Thunder Punch. If not..

-Psychic
-Recover
-Trick
-Calm Mind
Old 10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

So, is teaching Thunder Wave to Alakazam ill-advised in your (or anyone else's) opinion? I want to teach it to someone, but nothing too obvious or stupid like say...Pikachu. My TW-Zam in the URPG has saved my neck quite a few times, which is why I'm considering it now, but at the same time, the URPG monsters support all cognitive attacks, and so it wasn't a burden; just a useful extra.

Also, is RP worth keeping? There are some valuable Abilities out there, it's tempting to be able to steal them...
Old 10-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

Scrap that, if you don't have any good Pokemon that can learn T-Wave, teach it to Zammy.

RP is good, steal wonderguard. =X

or Trace. =P
Old 10-12-2004, 07:50 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

If you're using Trick, remember to have Choice Band(though I personally hate this strategy. I mean, oh, you're using a zam, of course I switch out to a fast physical sweeper, and there you go, giving me a choice band. Woot.). Thunderwave is redundant, since it's already so fast. Calm Mind...it's kinda weak for it, but w/e. Psychic, Fire Punch/CM, Recover, Reflect or something, I don't do zams. Do use FP over the other punches, because it's the most useful on zam. While we're at it, Role Play sucks, forget it.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:25 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Trickband: It's possible that your opponent may NOT switch to a physical offense mon, but rather a special Defense mon against a powerhouse like Zam, so you can band a blissey, hehe, and pwn.

Twave: Not on Zam, Zam has no defense since RS, since you'd be investing EVs into speed and special primarily. Personally, opt for a pure offensive set, at best supporting with calm mind/Sub (sub is a bit iffy IMHO, but hey)
Old 10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The End

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
If you're using Trick, remember to have Choice Band(though I personally hate this strategy. I mean, oh, you're using a zam, of course I switch out to a fast physical sweeper, and there you go, giving me a choice band. Woot.). Thunderwave is redundant, since it's already so fast. Calm Mind...it's kinda weak for it, but w/e. Psychic, Fire Punch/CM, Recover, Reflect or something, I don't do zams. Do use FP over the other punches, because it's the most useful on zam. While we're at it, Role Play sucks, forget it.
Holy Cow. Raik your back. Nice to see you.

Anyway, yes RolePlay sucks worse than well, splash. Its worse because it fools people into thinking its good, which is just rotten and evil. =P
Old 10-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

What is the Critiken Moveset again?

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 10-30-2004, 04:05 AM
The Angel of Retribution Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to The Angel of Retribution Send a message via MSN to The Angel of Retribution

@Scope Lense
-Bulk Up
-Brick Break/Focus Punch
-Blaze Kick
-Cock Slide

Eh, set your genes in spd and the two attacks. Critiken isn't as reliable as he used to be though, since speed demons rape him =[

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ PinK BluR ]
Anyway, yes RolePlay sucks worse than well, splash.=P
OMG, how dare you say that. Splash is so uuber. Make Magikarp hold a Brick, and Splash's attack LIEK OHKOs the opponent! MAGIKARP+SPLASH IS LEET!

All Mix-Match tournament participants stay updated and active in the tournament!

Ninjask used Silver Wind!
The Substitute took damage for Raikou!
Raikou's Substitute faded!
Ninjask's Attack rose!
Ninjask's Defense rose!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Ninjask's Special Attack rose!
Ninjask's Special Defense rose!
---------------------------------
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:27 AM
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to The Angel of Retribution Send a message via MSN to The Angel of Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimN8
I've set up this thread for anyone in need of a quick opinion, something you can turn to if you are momentarily stuck on what moves to learn or teach to your monsters, or for anyone who's found a good strategy tidbit, and would like to share it with others.

This thread is NOT to be used for full-out team reviews; please keep those seperate, the pages would be much too cluttered to be truly efficient otherwise.

Okay, now that that's established, I'll start things off wth a moveset conflict I'm currently having. My Alakazam in LeafGreen at the moment knows: Role Play, Calm Mind, Recover, and Psychic -- all of which are moves I like. I am wondering, though, whether or not I should teach it Thunder Wave (via Move Tutor) and/or Trick, and if so, over which of his current moves?

Please please please put an elemental Punch on him...

Calm Mind
Psychic
Ice/Thunder/Firepunch
Recover

Best set, IMO

All Mix-Match tournament participants stay updated and active in the tournament!

Ninjask's Attack rose!
Ninjask's Defense rose!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Ok, thanks.

Whats a better moveset for a blaziken in your opinion?

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 10-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Experienced Trainer

Honestly, I think he's only good to counter Skarm-Bliss =\

Sub, Focus Punch, Fire Blast, Filler=GFG Skarm-Bliss

But if you want a good fighting, use Medicham or Heracross. And Zard, Camerupt, and even Dragonite/Salamence would be better offers for elemental fire usage (see F-Blast and thrower on Salami/Draggy)

Ninjask's Attack rose!
Ninjask's Defense rose!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Could someone suggest what a special sweeping Charizard would look like?

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 11-01-2004, 03:10 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Flamethrower, Dragon claw, HP Special, Filler (Sub, Quake, etc.)
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The End

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angel of Retribution
Honestly, I think he's only good to counter Skarm-Bliss =\

That just reminded me. Even if Magneton can't take the Blissey half of the SkarmBliss, it can make the Skarm part die a horrible rotten death. lmao

I generally keep this one in about half of my teams for a good lol every once in a while, and its SpA is good. :O

I generally use this set.

Magneton @ Lefties/Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
I put the Genes in SpA, then split them 128 into each defense.

-Sub
-Thunderbolt

lol I forgot the other two moves...