Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird
Default Re: Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTreecko
Heh, I can see your viewpoint on this too, eventually, they will run out of ideas for Pokemon, and just make crap. I think they should stop by the end of the Fourth/Fifth Generation, and then come out with a new game that has every single world on it (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sevii Islands, Orre, new worlds to come, etc.)
They are already running out of ideas and making crap Pokemon in RS IMO. Pulsle & Minun are lame copies of Pikachu, Aron/Lairon/Aggron are remakes of Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Corphish/Crawdaunt comes from Krabby/Kingler...etc. Only few of them are orginal ideas.

What I hate most about RS Pokemon is the legendaries. Comparing the legendary poke in RBY & RS, you find they have such a huge difference. The RS legends copy the ideas of Digimon, and they look soooo robotic. IMO these are not Pokemon anymore...

And now they are making a new generation and try to get more money from buying DS. I don't think I'm going to buy it.

Current team:
Old 10-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Thomas Offline
New Trainer

Yeah, you could go on for a while if you want all the copied Pokémon...
(Linoone - Furret, Poochyena/Mightyena - Houndour/Houndoom, Castform - Ditto (same idea), Feebas - Magikarp)

I thought Torkoal was an evolution of Magcargo when I first saw it...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think 51 over 151 Pokemon at a time would be better (151+100+135=386), but no , we can't do that because we have to give every new game set a 90% make over! The little kids wont something new every time and as long as there parents buy them the game we'll keep doing this. IMO I thing that they should hold a vote and see what the ppl wont first and then they'll know what we wont.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Well, let's look past the names and at what we already know...

Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Pearl. Diamonds are often clear stones, yet have a white tint in many cases. Pearls are, well, plain white (As far as I know). Considering the last few generations obsession of being based around a Legendary (Gold Ho-oh, Silver Lugia, Crystal Suicune, Ruby Groudon, Sapphire Kyogre, Emerald Rayquaza) then the games are most likely based on white legendarys. Thing is, white is an unspecific colour, so they could be any type (Then again, two games that are almost identical in colour isnt really a great idea. A friend even mentioned him thinking Pearls can be any colour, so Pearl might not be a white legendary).

But in any case, concerning trading, it will be possible, unless they for some reason decided to reformat Pokemon again. ie. Several problems stopped trading between RS and GSC. The main reason was the fact that EVs were distributed differently, not to mention abilities. The fact that the data is sent at the same time in the GBA era is another problem. I doubt these problems will exist though; how else will Dash work with Emerald? Trading will be possible, despite system differences, so you can kick me if it isnt.

Bah... Enough of my theories...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 PM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl!
-10/07/04-

Here comes the new Pokemon games for Nintendo DS.

Pokemon Dash, along with Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, has been announced at the Nintendo DS Japanese Press Conference today. Pokemon Dash is a racing game, by using the pen, you can guide Pikachu along the map to reach checkpoints. Along the way, you'll use things like rafts and air balloons to reach your destination.

Pokemon Dash is scheduled to be released in Japan on December 2, 2004. There is currently no official US release date available.

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl
There's no further information or images about Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, except for the fact that we now know it's under development. These two games will be the next Pokemon RPG games on Nintendo DS. Be sure to check back here in the news for any new updates on these games.

It's important to note that years ago, two fake Pokemon games titled Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Jade was sold widely on Ebay. Obviously, those are not a real Pokemon game. However, the new announcement of Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are indeed the real thing. So make sure you don't get them confused.

There is currently no release date for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl.

For more screenshots of Pokemon Dash, go here: Pokemon Dash

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
! This looks good... and by good i mean, awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Absol
Thing is, white is an unspecific colour, so they could be any type
White is a normal colour so I guess a normal type.

Or maybe a legendary trio again and a normal type ruler.
Pokemon Dash seems good by racing with Pikachu. Oh yeah, "Pikachu..." why not any pokemon ¬_¬.

I never expected a Pokemon Pearl or owt, I was thinking on the lines of Garnet and Amethyst. Heck, all three seem good.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by green gyarados
White is a normal colour so I guess a normal type.

Or maybe a legendary trio again and a normal type ruler.
Absol is white, yet it is a Dark Pokemon. As I said, white is an unspecific colour and can be any type.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Br0keN Offline
New Trainer

i think it the colors might be a light blue for diamond and a pink for pearl.. maybe the pokemon on the cover could be a male pokemon on diamond and a femal one on pearl.. i also thought it could be an evolution of pusle and minun

Last edited by Br0keN; 10-08-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Plusle and Minun... gah XD lol.

Heh... Diamond, is usually a crystal clear color... Pearl can be white/blue/pinkish... meh... I don't think the color is very important XD and maybe the legendaires have something to do with how Pearls and Diamonds are made... look at it this way, extreme pressure is needed to make both materials...
Old 10-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are both based on Light pastel colors, correct? So what if they introduce a new Light-type Pokemon, and that is the themed Legendaries on these new games? That's my theory, anyway, because I've been highly suspecting that they come out with a Light type, to counter Dark type.

The third game that comes out later (I.E. Emerald, Crystal, etc.) I suspect to be Pokemon Platinum, which will probably introduce the first ever Metal-type Legendary. This, of course, is pure prediction by me, I don't have any factual knowledge of this.

Now, before you go saying "Hey! Platinum has nothing to do with pearls and diamonds! J00're crazy!", consider this:

Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver both came out, with it's third title being Crystal, which obviously had nothing to do with the previous metal-oriented names. That is why I suspect the third title to be Pokemon Platinum for Pearl/Diamond.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:21 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Treecko, Jirachi is a Steel/Psychic; it's already been done.

As for Diamond and Pearl, there is no doubt in my mind that the games will introduce an entirely new set of monsters to catch, and thus providing us with two legendaries (or starters) that coincide with a diamond or pearl theme. Gonbe's appearance in Dash hints at this: they've always been sneaking Pokémon from the next generations in with the oldies near the brink of a new series. Example: Marill appeared to the general public in the first movie. This was back when Mewtwo was the toughest, which was long before Chikorita~Celebi were ever officially listed.

As to what these cover monsters might look like, well, at this point it's anyone's guess. Not that it was obvious with the previous games when they were new, but at least back then they were simplistic colors, and not...jewlery.

Last edited by ElimN8; 10-09-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Hehe... I am looking forward to a new set... anything is better than the RS mon..
Old 10-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Thomas Offline
New Trainer

And do you think that new set would be better than the RS Pokémon? I doubt it...
Old 10-09-2004, 10:27 AM
gold Offline
Banned

I knew it right from the start, now I'm getting a DS and I'm forgetting about leaf green and emerald.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Trainer_Trevor Offline
Experienced Trainer

Man this bites! My mom won't even buy me a NINTENDO DS

but then again are these new Pokemon versions or are the versions still for GBA/SP

Chapter One Is Up!

Last edited by Trainer_Trevor; 10-09-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

TT, if they do add a new Type, then the chance of it being "Light Type" is practically zero. Not to mention Light types dont always beat Dark types (Im not talking about actual Pokemon types; just monster types in General).

Anyways, colour is important as they give us an idea about 2 more Next Generation Mons, and Matthew, you do have a point about Diamond and Pearls, and how they are created... Maybe the two Legendarys can create these gems, and the teams after them want to become rich?

Bah... Who knows... Maybe they're both made out of these materials (Like the Regis), and hell, if a Pokemon can withstand such enormous pressure, they must be practically invulnerable to attacks right? Thats probably my best wild theory of why Teams would be after them, but who knows? In the GSC era, neither Lugia or Ho oh were being persued, although Suicune was, in Crystal...

And Trevor, yes, these are the next sets of games.

Closed Thread