Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default My Friend Lotad

My Friend Lotad
Introduction
--------------------------------------------------

"You know, Mom, there is a thing called karma. One day it's going to come around and bite you."

Lia looked watched her mom roll her eyes, sarcasm was a popular language in this family. As she sat on the sofa munching on some dry ChocoPuffs, Lia felt the anxiety building up inside her. Today was the official first day of her Pokemon journey. She finished her dried cereal and scurried to her bedroom to get dressed for the eventful day. After pulling on her baggy khakis and multiple layers of sleeveless tops, her signature look, she sprinted towards the door.

"Bye, Mom. See you soon!"
"And you promise you have everything?"
"Yes. ID tags, check. Phone numbers, check. Cell phone, check. Dried food supplies and rescue equipment, check. I promise, I will be fine. Gotta go!"

Lia walked with flare towards the Pokemon Lab. As she arrived at the door, four eager professors awaited her visit.

Professor Elm was the first to get to the door, "Hi there, young Pokemon Master! Let me help you to get the perfect Pokemon to be your starter today!"

"No, let me!" Professor Rowan was hot on the trail. "I'll do it, I'm way better at deciding which Pokemon is best for different beginners!"

Professor Birch jumped in quickly, "Now, you both know that I am the higher power, here. You two aren't even as superb as me in Pokemon knowledge. See, I have a badge!"

Professor Birch continued to flash his shimmering "Honorary Pokemon Professor" badge into the other Professors' faces. As Lia stared in disbelief at the immaturity taking place before her, Professor Oak kindly pulled her into the lab and past the bickering group.

"Pardon them, they don't quite understand what it takes to be a Pokemon Professor. Now, why don't you follow me and let me help you find a starting Pokemon, before they notice you are gone."

Last edited by Azumao; 05-30-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default My Friend Lotad - Chapter One

{Chapter One}
-----------------

Lia cautiously followed Professor Oak to the back of the lab, where there was a strange looking machine. It was some sort of capsule, about four feet in height and 3 in width. In front of it was a small pedestal with a hand print embedded on it.

"Place your hand into the print, and let it read your personality, Lia."

"Um...okay, I guess."

Lia placed her hand onto the pedestal and waited. It started glowing, and she felt a strange tingling sensation, first in her hand, and then through her whole body. After a moment, it suddenly stopped and a Pokeball fell from the roof of the capsule and into a round slot. The machine made a "Ding!" noise, and shut off. Professor Oak looked at Lia expectantly.

"Well, there's the ideal Pokemon for your personality. Go on, see what it is!"

He looked just as anxious as she was when she reached in to get the Pokeball. Her hand was shaking as she slowly caressed the red upper half. Hesitantly, she aimed the Pokeball outwards and pressed the button in the middle. It suddenly popped open, and a red beam of light spiraled out from the center, revealing the shape of a small, flat creature.

"Looootad!"

"Ah, Lotad," Professor Oak smiled. "The 'pure' Pokemon, as it is commonly referred. It is often off searching for clean water to soak in. They say that just as it can find pure water, it can recognize a pure soul. You must be quite pure if this was the Pokemon chosen for you. Of course, that is all a myth. A legend, if you may. But maybe..."

Professor Oak drifted off into thought. He looked slightly puzzled, yet amused. As Lia was leaving the laboratory, she squeezed pass the still bickering Professors. Seeing that she already had a Pokemon, they sighed and went back towards the depths of the large Pokemon lab.

Lia headed off towards her first destination, Jubilife City. There she was supposed to go to the Pokemon School and get her basic education on being a trainer, and raising her Pokemon. She didn't realize it, but the whole time she was strolling down the path, her hand stayed firmly grasped around the Pokeball on her belt. She looked down at her new Pokemon, and decided to take another look. For the second time, she pressed the button in the center of the Pokeball and watched the ray of light containing her Lotad shoot out of the ball.

"Tad?"

She grinned. That was Lotad, she thought to herself. Yes, Lotad, my pokemon. She reached down and held her hand out. The Pokemon slowly hopped toward her, and looked at her hand. It looked up at Lia, then down at the palm not reaching out. Lia held out that hand, too, and Lotad hopped up and down between the two. Lia stood there, confused.

"Oh! You want me to hold you, right?"

She picked up the Pokemon, and it looked content. She then continued on her way to Jubilife, with her new Pokemon held lovingly in her arms.

Last edited by Azumao; 05-30-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:08 PM
jayrod 123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: My Friend Lotad

good story!I liked it in the intro where the professer's bickered
Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrod 123 View Post
good story!I liked it in the intro where the professer's bickered
Lol, thanks. Glad to know you like it. ^^;

I'll have Chap 2 up soon, and it will be longer. The first two parts were kind of short, but I was just trying to get the story going.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:34 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

{Chapter Two}
-----------------

Humming softly to herself and thinking about her journey ahead, Lia strolled along the path to Jubilife City. She was too distracted by her train of thought to notice the noises of wild Pokemon in the tall grass around her, and was thoroughly flabbergasted when she tripped on something large in front of her feet. Lotad quickly jumped out of her arms to avoid being squashed by her fall.

"OW! Wha-!?"

Lia rolled onto her back and sat up quickly, and found herself face to face with her first wild Pokemon encounter. She was looking straight into the eyes of an irritated Skorupi. It was a frightening sight to see that pointed tail twitch as it hissed at her. She jumped up, grabbed Lotad, and started to run. To her great misfortune, she tripped over a second Skorupi.

A whole colony of the little scorpion-type creatures now surrounded her, so many hisses and so many twitching stingers. She felt her heart beat triple as they surrounded her, moving in closer and closer. She could see the poison dripping from each and every little Skorupi tail, waiting to find it's way to her bloodstream.

The first one to reach her leaned down, ready to pounce. She was trapped - one move in any direction would plant her right on an angry Skorupi. It's tail pulled back, getting ready for the pierce. Suddenly, Lotad leaped out of her arms.

"Taaad!"

With one powerful stream of water, it blasted that Skorupi straight across the clearing. With magnificent aim, it sent four or five others into a pile on top of the first. It looked at the remainder of the colony, daring them to come closer.

"Rupi, Skorupi!"

They scattered faster than Pikachu from an earthquake and vanished into the trees and tall grass surrounding them. Lia sat there, shaking and in awe. She looked at her Lotad, and it gleefully said it's name with a bounce.

"Looow tad!"

"I owe you one, I really do. As soon as we get to Jubilife, you're getting some treats from the Mart!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so it wasn't longer. I'm probably just going to continue this in small chapters, because I'm just getting one plot factor in each one. So, comments?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

This is very instering I love how you picked Lotad I never thought of Lotad to be a starter pokemon. Anyway I can't wait for more. #1 WhisCash fan..well that makes me #2

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Last edited by Caecity; 05-31-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Salamence Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Salamence

Great job. It's entertaining.
And unique...not many people would think of Lotad as a starter.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post
This is very instering I love how you picked Lotad I never thought of Lotad to be a starter pokemon. Anyway I can't wait for more. #1 WhisCash fan..well that makes me #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamence View Post
Great job. It's entertaining.
And unique...not many people would think of Lotad as a starter.
Thanks. ^^

I'm working on the next chapter, I think it's my best so far for this one. It'll probably be up tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

{Chapter Three}
-----------------

"Wow, check it out, Lotad!"

Skyscrapers were looming over her as Lia entered Jubilife City. The clean streets where bustling with locals, some were running around in a hurry and some were stationary, speaking with friends or waiting on a bus or taxi.

Lia was walking down the sidewalk, looking around in wonder at the busy city. Suddenly, she bumped into a man. He was smiling eagerly and sported a bright blue tuxedo paired with a blue bowler cap, from which his gray hair tufted out on all sides.

"Why, hello there young Pokemon trainer! Do you want to make your life a lot easier?"

"Uh, actually," Lia started to back away, startled by the strange man. Before she got a chance to walk away, he came back towards her and continued. His voice was loud, fast and rather conceited.

"Don't be scared, for I have an offer you won't want to refuse! Everyone in the region of Sinnoh wants a Poketch, the latest technology for Pokemon trainers. Why spend so much money when you can get something BETTER for FREE? Act now and get a free PokePal, complete with all time zones, pedometer, and large-sized cup holders!"

"I guess, if it's free...Well, it can't hurt. I'll try one!"

The salesman grinned and handed Lia a watch. It was made of silver-painted plastic carved and shaped to give it a fake futuristic look. The writing on the screen read "PokePal v.1 - Get Started with the Best!" She disdainfully held the PokePal and frowned. Well, it was free...she thought to herself.

"Oh, so you'll keep it? In that case, follow me. Due to our sponsorship of the Pokemon School, by accepting this offer you have to suffer thr- I mean, get the opportunity to experience a class! Best of all, it's for the low price of 1500 Pokedollars!"

"Wait, you said this was free!"

"That PokePal is, the classes aren't. Right this way to the one, the only, and the best: Pokemon School!"

He grabbed Lia's arm and pulled her forward. Quickly, he lead her down the street, across it, into a building, up three flights of stairs, across an enclosed walkway to the next building, out the back door, down the street, back up the street, and into the Pokemon School building...which was two buildings down from where they started.

Gasping for breath from having to run and keep up with that man, Lia was dragged into the building. A sensation of relief fell through her body as she was surrounded by the cool, air-conditioned room. The first the she saw was a neon light reading "Beverages - 1 PokeDollar!" above a vending machine. She was so exhausted from walking all that way, she didn't even notice the salesman smirk when she walked straight to it and purchased a bottled water.

She was then led to a main desk, where the man explained that she had received a PokePal. The secretary then took 1500 of her PokeDollars, which he had to pry out of her reluctant hands, and led her to a classroom in the back.

"Bye, then. Nice doing business with you," the salesman said through a fake smile. He walked out snickering and holding his part of the profit, 500 PokeDollars.

-------------------------------
Sorry it took so long, and it's not as long as I promised. ;_; I've been lacking motivation.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM
General Dunsparce Offline

Send a message via AIM to General Dunsparce Send a message via MSN to General Dunsparce Send a message via Skype™ to General Dunsparce

wow thats a really cool story...just how i like these stories

[~Paired with No One ;;~]
Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu_master123 View Post
wow thats a really cool story...just how i like these stories
Thank you very much. ^^

I'll try to get out of my writer's block for the next chapter. >>;
Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
Thank you very much. ^^

I'll try to get out of my writer's block for the next chapter. >>;
That was a dirty trick, but I like the chapter.

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Awesome Az. Wow, you rock this month. Your how To sprite, and now this! Impressive. I'ma look at more threads, I mean spectatcular threads you made.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post
That was a dirty trick, but I like the chapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob of all noobs View Post
Awesome Az. Wow, you rock this month. Your how To sprite, and now this! Impressive. I'ma look at more threads, I mean spectatcular threads you made.
Thanks! *waits for creative output to return*

-_-
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 PM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
Thanks! *waits for creative output to return*

-_-

DON'T SAY THANKS!!!