Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:05 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen & POM Released in the UK!

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen & POM Released in the UK!
-10/01/04-

It's the UK's turn to get the game now. Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen have been released in the UK.

Pokemon Official Magazine
Also released today in the UK, is the first official Pokemon Magazine in the world, POM (Pokemon Official Magazine). The magazine comes with some free gifts: 6 Pokemon fridge magnets, a double sided Pokemon mega poster, and a 3D Charmander model. The first issue contains 92 pages and will be published quarterly in the UK. Get yourself a copy for a retail price of Ł3.99.

Pokemon Official Magazine Contest
Pokemon Official Magazine launched a contest to win one of three Pokemon goodie bags that contain official Pokemon toys, a copy of one of the games plus trading card packs and other gear. Twenty runners up will win Pokemon GBA SP protective covers.

All you need to include in the contest is your name and email, and answer the Pokemon question correctly. Entries are due by November 25th, 2004. The drawing will be held on the 26th, and winners will be notified within 30 days. The contest is open to all UK and overseas residents.

To enter, go here: Pokemon Official Magazine Contest (You will be redirected back to Pokemon Elite 2000 after you have submitted your entry)

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
green gyarados Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to green gyarados
Default Re: Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen & POM Released in the UK!

I had been waiting for ages, and now it's mine

I've almost got Blastoise and I've only been play it 3 hours.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Will the US ever get something like this? This is unfair to everyone else. They should at least let you subscribe for it overseas.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 10-01-2004, 08:38 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu
Will the US ever get something like this? This is unfair to everyone else. They should at least let you subscribe for it overseas.
First of all, the world is not fair. And besides, there's stuff and events here in the US that the UK doesn't have, and likewise.

There is no subscription plans for the magazine, not even for UK residents. You might be able to buy it at places that specialize in importing magazines from other countries.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Oh, please...you do realize that they have to wait months for video games to be released over there after they're released in the US, right? They should have some spoils.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Oh, please...you do realize that they have to wait months for video games to be released over there after they're released in the US, right? They should have some spoils.
Exactly my thoughts Zam. Not only did we have to wait a month before getting FRLG here (Which I unfortunately havent gotten yet, due to spending my money during the long wait for them to be released), but we'll never get Deoxys either, unless Nintendo add it into a console game (Like how they added Jirachi to Pokemon Channel).

UK doesnt have it's own Pokemon Center, or any special events to help get the rare Pokemon (Not to mention no e-Reader, so we cant get the Eon, Mystery, or Aurora Tickets). You should count yourself lucky.

Thing is, i'm tempted to buy the Magazine with what little money I have, yet I still want to save up again for FireRed...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Jeikobu Offline

I guess I can always look for it on eBay or something...
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
I guess I can always look for it on eBay or something...
Well, I may go and buy it tomorrow; I could always scan any important pages for those who want them.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

I got both FR and LG first thing Friday morning!!

W00t!

Now I've got to think up of a decent team... hroom...
Old 10-03-2004, 01:55 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Book stores like Barnes & Nobles, walden books and Borders usually carry import magazines, I often see several UK video game magazines(and still have all the free gifts and what not). So i bet you will be ble to find it there. The price would probably be around 11$
Old 10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Jeikobu Offline

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.