Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xlugon Pyro
Default Forming a Team

Before I get Pokemon Diamond, I'm forming a strong team to defeat the Elite Four. I may want to make changes as I go through the game until I eventually make it to my last badge. This is what I'm finding to be the most effective so far.

Infernape; Good against Grass, Steel, Normal, Bug

Kricketune; Good against Psychic, Dark, Grass

Abomasnow; Good against Dragon, Ground, Rock (risky), Water, Grass

Hippowdon; Good against Fire, Rock, Poison, Steel

Mismagius; Good against Ghost, Psychic

I took a good look at the teams of the E4 and the stats and learnable moves of the above pokemon. I also took into consideration of the new attack and special attack change to certain moves. This team alone could probably take out the E4 without a 6th pokemon, but I want a 6th one anyway, and a water type is what I'm thinking. I was also thinking of adding a Lopunny to my team, but after hearing bad things about it, I'm not so sure as of now. Any final suggestions or changes you think I could make, please let me know in a KIND fashion.

And yes, bug moves are super effective against darks and psychics. I've seen it myself.

So, any suggestions, let me know.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash
Default Re: Forming a Team

Ecks on the Kricketune. It's stats aren't that good, even with a beneficial nature. Moves are ok, but I don't think it'd stay in battle long enough. You might not want to consider what types they're good agains, but what they're weak against, and make moves to counter the type that they're weak against, not forgetting the ones that they are good against. :P
Old 05-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Well, I could replace Kricketune with Yanmega, because it's fast and has high Sp. Atk, and with Bug Buzz, which is special and has a high power of 90, it could kill, not to mention part flying to deal with other types with air slash, also special.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
magentaman Offline
Elite Trainer

you won't find yanmega before the elite four
Old 05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

The only other bug I could use and one I'd want to use is Mothim then. It has good attack and sp atk, but its speed isnt the greatest and its defense stats are lower. Though it learns good bug and flying moves too. This is what I'm thinking for my team so far:

Infernape
Mothim
Mismagius
Hippowdon
Milotic
Abomasnow

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 05-27-2007 at 07:45 PM.