Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Flygon or Salamence?

I need a dragon pokemon in my team so I thought I should get either Flygon or Salamence. Which do you think is better?

VPP URPG

Currently: Playing ball with me|Is Level 5|Level 6: 2,646 posts
Old 05-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol
Default Re: Flygon or Salamence?

Salamence. Salamence has higher HP, Attack and Special Attack. The rest of the stats are equal to those of Flygon.

*Looks at username*

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Neonix Offline
Experienced Trainer

^Biased opinion lol

Salamence definitely has better stats, but you might consider the movepools of each one and see what you think can do better. I would recommend Salamence, I simply like him and his moves more. But don't put down Flygon, it can do some damage too.

I would also recommend looking into using a Garchomp or a Dragonite, both very powerful dragons.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:39 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Well Flygon...It has pretty much the same amount of stats just a little less here and there
Old 05-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Got_Ganlon Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'd go with Flygon. It has the 4x weakness of Ice like Salamence does, but Salamence sustains a Rock weakness (2x). Flygon's Levitate makes up nicely giving it the same imunity to Ground as Salamence's Flying type, without the Rock weakness. Salamence's Intimidate is ok, but most people will stick to the 4x damaging Ice Beam to bring down Salamence, to which Intimidate will do nothing. Sure, both can learn the great Earthquake move, bu only Flygon gets STAB.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonix View Post
^Biased opinion lol

Salamence definitely has better stats, but you might consider the movepools of each one and see what you think can do better. I would recommend Salamence, I simply like him and his moves more. But don't put down Flygon, it can do some damage too.

I would also recommend looking into using a Garchomp or a Dragonite, both very powerful dragons.
Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp are the good Dragons. Flygon is not one of them. That is not opinion, it is fact: Flygon is far inferior to Salamence, as well as D-Nite and G-Chomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer
Well Flygon...It has pretty much the same amount of stats just a little less here and there
Don't be so modest; Salamence has much higher stats overall. More Speed means he goes first, much more Attack means he crushes Flygon. More HP means he can take a hit better. And his Sp. Atk, higher than Flygon's highest stat, is excellent on it's own.

Quote:
I'd go with Flygon. It has the 4x weakness of Ice like Salamence does, but Salamence sustains a Rock weakness (2x). Flygon's Levitate makes up nicely giving it the same imunity to Ground as Salamence's Flying type, without the Rock weakness. Salamence's Intimidate is ok, but most people will stick to the 4x damaging Ice Beam to bring down Salamence, to which Intimidate will do nothing. Sure, both can learn the great Earthquake move, bu only Flygon gets STAB.
LOL. The fact is, you can easily have your opponent switch to Starmie and you're screwed. Flygon learns Crunch, sure, but his Attack is merely "good", and he wouldn't OHKO a Starmie. Sally, on the other hand, most likely would. Sally has a 2x Rock weakness, sure, but he can sustain Grass and Water hits, where as they do regular damage to Flygon. And Intimidate is an excellent ability which can definitely even the odds and push them in your favor when against a physical sweeper.

And who cares about STABbed EQ on a "good" Attack stat? Sally's Attack is much bigger and EQ is more valuable on Sally.

You can try, but you can't make Flygon better than Salamence, and that's not opinion, it's fact.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Mysticjason Offline
Elite Trainer

Salamence has better Base Attack, but Flygon's Earthquake will still do A LOT of damage because of STAB. Flygon is also resistant to Rock attacks as well.

Art Ribbon given by anastasiar!

My Deviant Art
Old 05-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Pokemaniac28 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaniac28 Send a message via MSN to Pokemaniac28

Salamence all the way.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Sent Reglay Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Sent Reglay

How about neither? Just use a Garchomp. It's like a flygon with good stats:P

Diamond FC: 1676-0154-5078
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sent Reglay View Post
How about neither? Just use a Garchomp. It's like a flygon with good stats:P
Yeah I've tried getting a Gible but they are SO rare! Oh yeah, should I get Altaria instead of all of those?

VPP URPG

Old 05-25-2007, 10:04 PM
not a nazi Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusaur456 View Post
Yeah I've tried getting a Gible but they are SO rare! Oh yeah, should I get Altaria instead of all of those?
never, altaria is in the classification "UU"(underused). it's stats suck too. go with dragonite/salamence/garchomp.

you can just trade for a gible, or try harder!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a nazi View Post
never, altaria is in the classification "UU"(underused). it's stats suck too. go with dragonite/salamence/garchomp.

you can just trade for a gible, or try harder!
Okay so you go with Salamence. Okay I guess I'll use Flygon until my brother trades me Bagon and I'll evolve it into Salamence and I'll use it instead. Thanks guys.

VPP URPG

Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Haelleah Offline
Elite Trainer

I think Dragonite pwns 'em both, personally.

I apologize to Moltres and all Divine Dragons members. You'll find my explanation on the first page of the clan thread.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Garchomp I sort of wasnt a fan of at first, but I'm starting to warm up to him. GREAT synergy with TTar, resisting SS is always a plus, and with his speed, he may turn out to be a GREAT Choice Bander. But yeah.

Salamence>Dragonite>Flygon.

Not sure where Garchomps gonna go in on that list. Probably about even with Salamence.

Salamence has alot of options, and is a GREAT choice bander. Better speed makes him a better sweeper then Dragonite also. Dragonite is just a jack of all trades, master of none. Flygon...lol

Dont use Flygon. At least, dont use him over the others. Prefrence? Sure. But the others ARE better.

yes.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 PM
ARCANINE911 Offline
Master Trainer

ok the cycle bridge the cave is under it not the one you can see the one that is under the bridge that you cant see thats were the cave opening is