Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default URPG League

First off, please let me know if this is in the wrong section. Or, a mod can move it to the appropiate forum.

URPG League

When I first re-joined the URPG, I was looking at people's individual stats out of curiosity to see who had the best battling record. There were too many stats to go through, so I started thinking of ways to list them, then I thought of something better which lead to this idea. If this has already been talked about, please let me know.

How will it work?
There will be a series of Tournaments held. You will be able to locate these tournaments according to the title beginning with "URPGL." When you participate in these tournaments, you will get ranking points. Ranking points are explained later on. The person with the highest points will be shown in the rankings revealing where you place amongst the best trainers in the URPG.

What do I need to join?
- Must be a member of the URPG.
- Must have at LEAST 6 Pokémon.
- Must have AIM

Ranking Points
For every round you win, you get 10 ranking points. If you lose in a particular round, you only get 5 ranking points. So say you reach the third round but lose there, you would walk away with 25 ranking points. If you were to win the third round, you would move to the next round with 30 ranking points already. If you lose in the first round, you get 5 ranking points.

The number of Pokémon you use increases per round. For example; in the first round, you would use one Pokémon for a 1vs.1 battle. In the second round, you would use 2 Pokémon for a 2vs.2 battle. In the third round, you would use 3 Pokémon for a 3.vs3 battle and so on and so forth.

Rankings will be determined after a tournament is done and a winner is decided.

Ranking will be reset at the beginning of the year for fairness of new people joining.

Wages
To follow the battling rules, just like winning a battle, you get $1000 per battle won, if you lose, you get $500. The winner will win the title along with and additional $1000 for winning the title (if permitted). The winner will also get a sprite trophy of the particular tournament to add to your Stats.

Battling Styles
R/S/E battling style will be used for the first rounds. Colosseum will be used for the Final of a tournament.

Hopefully, we will be able to hold 2 tournaments per month and a final tournament at the end of the year. So probably a total of 23 tournaments.

For this project, 3 threads will be needed:

1-To explain how the URPG League works
2-URPG League Rankings - will be updated after each tournament.
3-For the particular Tournament going on. To be titled: "URPGL: [Name of Tournament Here] Will be used to keep track of battle logs.

Staff
Assistan Organizer
Spriter (for Trophies)
Refs (Do not need to sign up, but DO have to know how URPG League works)

Signing Up For a Tournament
To participate for a tournament, you must sign up for that particular tournament before the deadline. You will use only your official URPG league Pokémon team. Any TMs bought must be submitted before the deadline. I will check the "Last Updated" at the bottom of your post to see if you did otherwise. When you sign up for a tournament, you will be accepted. You will also be given a number. When signing up ends, I will use random.org to roll number to decide who will battle whom. We will set a specific time so the two oponents and a ref to be online.

Please let me know what you think about this idea. If you have any questions regarding how something would work in a particular instance, please ask. This is only an idea that I would love to see happen.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush
Default Re: URPG League

I wan't to join please I have the qualifications

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
All-Star Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to All-Star Send a message via Yahoo to All-Star

I didn't mind it until I heard the thing about how you start off with 1 VS 1 in RSE.

Otherwise, it seems like it's a great idea.

|URPG|

Old 05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

DP mons can be used, I assume?

Can't we have like 1 vs 1 for the first round like in the Hoenn Qualification Round in the anime, and 2 vs 2(s) after that, then going on to the 6vs 6 or 3 vs 3 Victory Tourney, because 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, so on and so fourth, wouldn't 4 vs 4 to 6 vs 6 be very hard to stay active and take too much time?

My longest 1 vs 1 battle on AIM took over 1 hour already, I can't think what will happen to my 6 vs 6.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Won't work. Scott's league didn't work either, so I don't see why this would.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Plenty of things fail the first time. If enough people volunteer to help, get organized, and get active people to join, it could work.

I agree on the 1v1 thing, though.. Type advantage would win. =X I think 2v2 for the first and second match would be a good idea. And to keep it active, unless it's over AIM, long battles (4v4 and such) might not be a wise idea...

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Plenty of things fail the first time. If enough people volunteer to help, get organized, and get active people to join, it could work.
Plenty of URPG tournaments fail because the active volunteers quit being active and forget to do their work.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Then don't choose the people who are always unreliable as volunteers. Or, if they stop working, kick 'em out and get new ones who are active.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:04 PM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

The idea is good, but 1vs1 or 2vs2 deciding your rating? They depend too mutch on luck, one dice can change the result of these. If the first round would be a 3vs3 it would work out though.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Just find a active enough person for the Assistant, I believe FFK is active and free enough, since MODS are already very busy, maybe some really active people.

Last edited by Ataro; 05-20-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

My problem was that I assumed that, like War, people would just go out and fight. And then, when no one battles, I just kind of died with it.

If I were to do it again, I would have had set matches and the like, which I was planning on doing later on anyways.

Just some little hints.

And I apologize for letting it die down (I feel I need to? :P) but school murdered me out of nowhere.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

The War team is hard to manage because it requires too much of a communication, while this is a 1 vs 1 as in trainer battle.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Pichufan4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

this seems like fun... and a good way to train the pokemon! ill join!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Well, I like the idea, but there is one small problem. I think that we need to use D/P rules, instead on R/S/E.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
Well, I like the idea, but there is one small problem. I think that we need to use D/P rules, instead on R/S/E.
I second that. I prefer D/P myself.