Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Please help my craptastic team...

Yes, I have a terrible team that could use help. Here it is:

T-Tar @Nothing yet.

EQ
Thunder
Hyper Beam
Crunch

I really despise this moveset, all I really like is EQ.


Garchomp @Nothing yet.

Rock Climb
Shadow Claw
Dig
Dragon Claw

I like this moveset, but I want something more 'strategic'.


Porygon-Z @Leftovers

Psychic
Tri Attack
Lock-On
Zap Cannon

This guys a monster with this set. And he's shiny, just makes him cooler.

Staraptor @Nothing

Brave Bird
Fly
Wing Attack
Close Combat

I'm gonna trash this and replace it with something that can learn Fly. Any suggestions?


Flygon @Dragon Scale

Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Dragon Claw
EQ

Again, I want to get something 'strategic'.



Umbreon @Nothing

Faint Attack
Bite
Secret Power
Screech

I'm going to replace Bite with Toxic, so...

Any help would really be appreciated... Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Deoxys Ribonuke's Avatar
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In front of a screen...
Posts: 733
Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile View Post
Yes, I have a terrible team that could use help. Here it is:

T-Tar @Nothing yet.

EQ
Thunder
Hyper Beam
Crunch

I really despise this moveset, all I really like is EQ.


Garchomp @Nothing yet.

Rock Climb
Shadow Claw
Dig
Dragon Claw

I like this moveset, but I want something more 'strategic'.


Porygon-Z @Leftovers

Psychic
Tri Attack
Lock-On
Zap Cannon

This guys a monster with this set. And he's shiny, just makes him cooler.

Staraptor @Nothing

Brave Bird
Fly
Wing Attack
Close Combat

I'm gonna trash this and replace it with something that can learn Fly. Any suggestions?


Flygon @Dragon Scale

Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Dragon Claw
EQ

Again, I want to get something 'strategic'.



Umbreon @Nothing

Faint Attack
Bite
Secret Power
Screech

I'm going to replace Bite with Toxic, so...

Any help would really be appreciated... Thanks.
Baton Pass, Mean Look, and Moonlight would go well with Toxic, considering Umbreon's offensive stats aren't that great...
__________________
Sisters with: Emeraldsuicune

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post
Baton Pass, Mean Look, and Moonlight would go well with Toxic, considering Umbreon's offensive stats aren't that great...
That actually sounds awesome, if I give it Shell Bell or Leftovers. But why Baton Pass? Faint Attack is better for that matter.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Ultima Boss's Avatar
Ultima Boss Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile View Post
Yes, I have a terrible team that could use help.
At least you're honest about yourself.

Quote:
T-Tar @Nothing yet.

EQ
Thunder
Hyper Beam
Crunch

I really despise this moveset, all I really like is EQ.
I can see why you despise it. Hyper Beam is real counterintuitive on 'em since Tyranitar is going to all the turns it can use to KO mons. Not to mention taking such a risk isn't really that cool.

Depending on what you want for Tyranitar, either go with Thunder or Stone Edge. I wouldn't go for both since they cover just about the same thing for whatever route you're going for.

Oh, yes, Pursuit is always nice on him, for 'tactical' reasons. But, whatever sinks your ship the fastest.

Some good items for 'em are Leftovers (adjust your HP EVs for this), Life Orb, or Choice Band.

Quote:
Garchomp @Nothing yet.

Rock Climb
Shadow Claw
Dig
Dragon Claw

I like this moveset, but I want something more 'strategic'.
First off, give us your definition for 'strategic'.

Secondly, why HMs such as Rock Climb on there? Save such slots for coverage, like using Fire Fang/Fire Blast for example.

Also, Garchomp likes Earthquake better than Dig. I wouldn't know why GameFreak would give him Dig as a level-up move instead of Earthquake. Well, I guess you could justify that as that he's considered a Land Shark, but he's also get legs that he can stand on and like to shake it fast.

Next up, Shadow Claw isn't really needed since his STAB moves would hit 'em just as hard (if not harder).

Finally, you can either use Swords Dance on him or add Stone Edge to make 'em a Choice Bander. Unless you, or someone else, can think up of anything else, those are the two best options for 'em. Oh, yes, if you do use Swords Dance, you'll want Life Orb for more power.

Quote:
Porygon-Z @Leftovers

Psychic
Tri Attack
Lock-On
Zap Cannon

This guys a monster with this set. And he's shiny, just makes him cooler.
Why do you want to waste your time to set up for Zap Cannon, when you can land another Thunderbolt for more damage? BoltBeam still prevails, on him, and Tri-Attack, I'd imagine, would hit Fighters harder than Psychic with STAB + Nasty Plot. So, if you want a Special Sweeper then you could use something like this:

-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Tri-Attack

Quote:
Staraptor @Nothing

Brave Bird
Fly
Wing Attack
Close Combat

I'm gonna trash this and replace it with something that can learn Fly. Any suggestions?
Heh, he can already learn Fly, why replace him using those reasons? Also, why three Flying moves, which one of them gives your opponent a perfect opportunity to switch?

Staraptor, in general, is going to want Brave Bird over Wing Attack. One or the other, not both, Brave Bird hits twice as harder on the same target. And, for some one who doesn't rely on recovery, who cares about the small recoil?

Speaking of which, Choice Bander works best on him, with:

-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Double-Edge/Return


Quote:
Flygon @Dragon Scale

Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Dragon Claw
EQ

Again, I want to get something 'strategic'.
There's no strategy to this, unless there's some hidden purpose in being repetitive with him and Garchomp.

Toss him for something to take Heracross hits since you'll have one hell of a time switching to 'em.

Quote:
Umbreon @Nothing

Faint Attack
Bite
Secret Power
Screech

I'm going to replace Bite with Toxic, so...
How about some Wish support, to give you some recovery, like this:

-Wish
-Substitute/Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Taunt/Toxic

Wish is essential for just about every team, but it's required. Passing Mean Looks or Substitute can prove useful, and preventing status setups by your opponent or gracing yourself with prolonged battles is up to you.

BTW, GameFreak skewed Umbreon's real-time appearance and decided to make its offenses meaningless, so its best offense is its best defense.

Quote:
Any help would really be appreciated... Thanks.
No problem
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Yeah, I got Chomp on Wi-Fi, and it knew Rock Climb. Do you know where the move deleter is? Also, I'm not sure about T-tar... I like the Thunder on him, it takes good care of Empoleon, but I'll consider Stone Edge. And lastly, I don't think Porygon can handle Nasty Plot, especially if it's up against speedy opponents.

And about Staraptor, it really helped me out in the beginning of the game, then it was for flying, but now I want to replace it with something else that could learn Fly.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Lunatyk's Avatar
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 136
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

T-tar shouldnt use thunder because it has no special attack. Give it stone edge because of STAB. Umbreon doesn't need any attacking moves because if you havent checked lately, it has no attack power. The Move deleter is in Canalave city. And Lastly PorygonZ + Nasty Plot = sick pwnage.
__________________
Platinum FC: 2535 9566 1859
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
T-tar shouldnt use thunder because it has no special attack. Give it stone edge because of STAB. Umbreon doesn't need any attacking moves because if you havent checked lately, it has no attack power. The Move deleter is in Canalave city. And Lastly PorygonZ + Nasty Plot = sick pwnage.
Na, T-tars Thunder kills. And what will Umbreon do in it's spare time? Think about it:

Umbreon @Leftovers

Moonlight
Toxic
Mean Look
Faint Attack

Yup, first I'll use Mean Look, Toxic, then Faint Attack away. When my HP gets low, Moonlight. I love that.

Also, I MIGHT consider teaching Porygon Nasty Plot... but I haven't decided yet.

And thanks for the tips, even though Thunder is awesome to me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Ultima Boss's Avatar
Ultima Boss Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Tyranitar has plenty of Special Attack; just think of the uses of Boah.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Lunatyk's Avatar
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 136
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Thunder is inaccurate and t-tars neutral special atk is 289, not to mention he doesnt get STAB. Think what you want, its still not effective. You can have an attack on umby as long as you're training him but when your done he should lose it. You'll find out quick enough that he cant attack for squat.
__________________
Platinum FC: 2535 9566 1859
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
Thunder is inaccurate and t-tars neutral special atk is 289, not to mention he doesnt get STAB. Think what you want, its still not effective. You can have an attack on umby as long as you're training him but when your done he should lose it. You'll find out quick enough that he cant attack for squat.
I still disagree, I mean, Faint Attack is good, it's not like I never used it before. And plus that little damage plus Toxic can KO Pokemon over time.

And the more you say it, the more I'm changing my mind... I don't know what in the world to teach T-tar. I was thinking:

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
EQ
???
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Ultima Boss's Avatar
Ultima Boss Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
Thunder is inaccurate and t-tars neutral special atk is 289
That may be 'inaccurate', to you, but it'll sure has hell come in handy for those named Milotic and friends.

And, 95 Base Special Attack is plenty enough to wreak havoc, along with HP to back it up. Of course, as you've been suggesting, Physical Sweeping is of favorable cause. Still, that doesn't mean you should dismiss is decent Special Attack for not falling in borderline uber.

Quote:
not to mention he doesnt get STAB.
So what if he doesn't get STAB from Electric attacks? Like I said, 95 Base Special Attack is plenty to utilize Thunder/Thunderbolt.

Quote:
Think what you want, its still not effective.
Heh, I'm not the only one who 'thinks' this. Ask about every 'serious' competitive battler out there, they'll know of Tyranitar's mixed potential.

Quote:
You can have an attack on umby as long as you're training him but when your done he should lose it. You'll find out quick enough that he cant attack for squat.
However, I'll agree with you. Not to mention that Umbreon's supporting capabilities outweigh its offensive capabilities at least tenfold.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Lunatyk's Avatar
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 136
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
That may be 'inaccurate', to you, but it'll sure has hell come in handy for those named Milotic and friends.

And, 95 Base Special Attack is plenty enough to wreak havoc, along with HP to back it up. Of course, as you've been suggesting, Physical Sweeping is of favorable cause. Still, that doesn't mean you should dismiss is decent Special Attack for not falling in borderline uber.


So what if he doesn't get STAB from Electric attacks? Like I said, 95 Base Special Attack is plenty to utilize Thunder/Thunderbolt.
T-tar cant even OHKO a Milotic with thunder... Mixed sweeping isn't really such a good idea with it because your basically leaving it out too long enough to become beam bait. Not to mention, he's slower than crap.
__________________
Platinum FC: 2535 9566 1859
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Sceptile Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saying hi to Ric Flair.
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to Sceptile
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
However, I'll agree with you. Not to mention that Umbreon's supporting capabilities outweigh its offensive capabilities at least tenfold.
Yes, I know Darky's attack isn't the best, but I don't get it. Without Faint Attack in there, Umbreon will have NOTHING to do while his opponent is dieing from poison...

Oh! I got it! I'll add in Protect/Calm Mind instead of Faint Attack. I think that's awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatyk View Post
T-tar cant even OHKO a Milotic with thunder... Mixed sweeping isn't really such a good idea with it because your basically leaving it out too long enough to become beam bait. Not to mention, he's slower than crap.
Tyranitar gets a Special Defense boost from Sandstorm now, so things like Milotic will probably have a harder time taking it down.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Lunatyk's Avatar
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 136
Default Re: Please help my craptastic team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile View Post
Oh! I got it! I'll add in Protect/Calm Mind instead of Faint Attack. I think that's awesome.
Sceptile... why are you even asking for help?
__________________
Platinum FC: 2535 9566 1859
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com