Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Sephiroth's Avatar
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 220
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Teen Titans song is sung in Japanese because Puffy a J-pop girl duo sang it. Also known as Puffy Ami Yumi in America. Japanese people like Teen Titans cause they like anything that's American. The main dude who created the show is Japanese, and he worked on Batman Beyond. That doesn't mean it's an anime, since it was all made in America.

We are not having an "argument" about the show, we are simply stating why we don't like (or like) the show.

Oh, BTW Kenshin, Lion King is a BIG rip-off. If anyone knows, Disney ripped it from Osamu Tezuka's Kimba The White Lion. Total rip off of his great work, and Disney denyed it, and claimed they didn't know Japan had animation. A lot of the people who were in the production of The Lion King thought they were making a re-make of the show, cause Kimba was aired in America. It's horrible, and Disney is the root of all Evil! I only like the moves that were made when Walt was alive, he's not money hungry like Eisner....Ugh. Check this link out, I think it gives enough proof that Disney ripped the great Tezuka off...and to think, Tezuka looked up to Disney.
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm
[emperor] Yes, my young aperntice, now strike them down, USE your hate, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete! [/emperor]

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-01-2004, 01:13 AM
KenshinU's Avatar
KenshinU Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 693
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Teen Titans song is sung in Japanese because Puffy a J-pop girl duo sang it. Also known as Puffy Ami Yumi in America. Japanese people like Teen Titans cause they like anything that's American. The main dude who created the show is Japanese, and he worked on Batman Beyond. That doesn't mean it's an anime, since it was all made in America.

We are not having an "argument" about the show, we are simply stating why we don't like (or like) the show.

Oh, BTW Kenshin, Lion King is a BIG rip-off. If anyone knows, Disney ripped it from Osamu Tezuka's Kimba The White Lion. Total rip off of his great work, and Disney denyed it, and claimed they didn't know Japan had animation. A lot of the people who were in the production of The Lion King thought they were making a re-make of the show, cause Kimba was aired in America. It's horrible, and Disney is the root of all Evil! I only like the moves that were made when Walt was alive, he's not money hungry like Eisner....Ugh. Check this link out, I think it gives enough proof that Disney ripped the great Tezuka off...and to think, Tezuka looked up to Disney.
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm
Yeah, I noticed how similar they were too... But I don't like Lion King, South Park or Tom and Jerry. I was just thinking of random examples of american animations really fast.

But I'm surprised to know that they are actually showing Teen Titans in Japan... I know, Japanese love american animation. And worst of all... they call it "anime" too... They call anime everything that's animated.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-01-2004, 01:52 AM
bronislav84's Avatar
bronislav84 Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posts: 2,414
Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

I finally found this topic. Kenshin you're discriminating. TT is an American Made Anime or a very good American atempt at an Anime. How many times have I told you this in your board?

FYI for anybody who cares: Check out the TT RPG on Kenshin's board, run by Your's Truly. It's in a period of slowdown since I have school that makes me unable to post in too many RPGs.
__________________
Code:
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Tsurara's Avatar
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 29
Send a message via AIM to Tsurara Send a message via Yahoo to Tsurara
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Yeah, I noticed how similar they were too... But I don't like Lion King, South Park or Tom and Jerry. I was just thinking of random examples of american animations really fast.

But I'm surprised to know that they are actually showing Teen Titans in Japan... I know, Japanese love american animation. And worst of all... they call it "anime" too... They call anime everything that's animated.
Heh, I know you were throwing random things out, and I like South Park :P You should have seen the ep. where they were all anime characters...it was cool.
__________________
Don't make me mad or i'll send my Kobuns to steal your panties!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Jisaku the Dragon Tamer's Avatar
Jisaku the Dragon Tamer Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In my dragon world, The Ousler
Posts: 16
Send a message via AIM to Jisaku the Dragon Tamer
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Urrgh...Teen Titans isn't anime, it's just another one of the WB's crappy cartoons, like Mucha Lucha.
I like Mucha Lucha... It's funny...


And anyways, I'm seriously considering creating my own "anime" later on in life, or at least drawing graphic novels. (I actually want to change my name and move to Japan so I can call my GNs "manga.") I don't want people thinking I'm trying to rip off Japanese anime, but it really is much easier (and more fun) to draw in the anime style than it is otherwise.
__________________
"It is my will for you to slit my throat with your cards"
-Seto Kaiba
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Heh, I know you were throwing random things out, and I like South Park :P You should have seen the ep. where they were all anime characters...it was cool.
Lol I saw that episode. Kenny had used his blade and got it stuck in Butter's eye!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-08-2004, 08:30 AM
KenshinU's Avatar
KenshinU Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 693
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Yup. Heard of that episode. But haven't seen it. And not planning to. =p I don't like it when they make fun of animes... But has anyone seen that episode of FLCL where they were making fun of South Park?!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Yup. Heard of that episode. But haven't seen it. And not planning to. =p I don't like it when they make fun of animes... But has anyone seen that episode of FLCL where they were making fun of South Park?!
Nope. And they'll most likely get dissed back.



Hey, has anyone saw any new episodes of Teen Titans? I haven't seen any for a month...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Tsurara's Avatar
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 29
Send a message via AIM to Tsurara Send a message via Yahoo to Tsurara
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
Yup. Heard of that episode. But haven't seen it. And not planning to. =p I don't like it when they make fun of animes... But has anyone seen that episode of FLCL where they were making fun of South Park?!
Actually they aren't making fun of anime, they like anime. Just like in the Chimpokomon episode, they deep down inside love pokemon.
__________________
Don't make me mad or i'll send my Kobuns to steal your panties!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-09-2004, 02:17 AM
KenshinU's Avatar
KenshinU Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 693
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Yeah, I shouldn't have said "make fun of" I guess... ^_^o
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com