Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 03-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Who here are fans of Teen Titans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
*nods* I despise those american anime wannabes.
Yeah american anime sucks big time. Like how they jacked up Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura. But Teen Titans is a VERY good anime.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Satou

T-T isn't anime, but it ish still coolies cool! ^_^
I own a VERY popular T-T RP site.
www.avidgamers.com/neotitans

Yup yup. Last time I checked this was the most popular of the sites!
I am Satou there, no da na! So yeah su!

I like BB and... * bwinks * Starfire!!! Yaaaay!
*hyper*

~Chikyuu no Mirai, Gouhoshi suru, nya!~
~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 03-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

Teen Titans is OK, but I think that it's stupid that Robin is a character. I mean Robin wasn't Robin from the batman series until he was a lot older. Before that he was a circus performer or something, so it's not that accurate.

BTW: Terra is this girl with a hairpin who can control rocks and make earthquakes and make rocks fly and stuff, which is awesome, cause she can fly, although she has trouble controlling her abilities, so she runs off, and likes beast boy, or at least did at one time.

Oh yeah, and one more thing...

Teen Titans is Anime. Anime is just short for Animation, and Teen Titans is Animation, which means it's Anime. Although most people associate Anime with Japan, because the term 'Anime' became popular with the Japaneese style of cartoon. So Teen Titans is American Anime, not Japaneese Anime. But most people are talking about Japaneese animation when they say 'Anime'

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. (now where's the smilie with the mustache...)

Last edited by Steven; 03-15-2004 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:38 AM
bjgamecreations Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to bjgamecreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Oh yeah, and one more thing...

Teen Titans is Anime. Anime is just short for Animation, and Teen Titans is Animation, which means it's Anime. Although most people associate Anime with Japan, because the term 'Anime' became popular with the Japaneese style of cartoon. So Teen Titans is American Anime, not Japaneese Anime. But most people are talking about Japaneese animation when they say 'Anime'

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. (now where's the smilie with the mustache...)
Thank you that's all i meant guys i didn't mean to start a big argument....
Old 03-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Tsurara Send a message via Yahoo to Tsurara

First off...no! How dare you post this thread in the ANIME section!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Urrgh...Teen Titans isn't anime, it's just another one of the WB's crappy cartoons, like Mucha Lucha.
Yesh, and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
It seems to be america attempting to do a japaneese style show in english, I haven't seen any other show that isn't anime that had some of the facial expressions, anime style falls, and the imfamous sweat drop as well. And a number of other things that resemble anime, but no, I don't really think it counts as anime either.
...You're serious? So you've never been blinded by the horrible show called "Totally Spies"??????? OMg that show is horrible, worse than Teen Titans I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
Noooo... You just can't stand non-*** anime

I luv the teen titans beast boy and terra rock.
"***" isn't a abbriviation for Japanese you know? That's considered a racial slur. I'm not saying that you meant to insult anyone...just letting ya know. Since I've noticed a lot of people don't know that "***" is a racial slur. Since everyone I meet ends up saying that to me cause thet didn't know...so I'm letting you know. I had this happen on the old boards, but no one listened to me cause they were too lazy to spell out J-A-P-A-N-E-S-E.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Sephiroth Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsurara
First off...no! How dare you post this thread in the ANIME section!!

That's because some people think it counts as anime.

...You're serious? So you've never been blinded by the horrible show called "Totally Spies"??????? OMg that show is horrible, worse than Teen Titans I would say.

Me nusual sheduel keeps me from whatching TV at the usual times, so it's not unusual I haven't seen that.

"***" isn't a abbriviation for Japanese you know? That's considered a racial slur. I'm not saying that you meant to insult anyone...just letting ya know. Since I've noticed a lot of people don't know that "***" is a racial slur. Since everyone I meet ends up saying that to me cause thet didn't know...so I'm letting you know. I had this happen on the old boards, but no one listened to me cause they were too lazy to spell out J-A-P-A-N-E-S-E.
Some people think of *** as an abreveation, and just a personal opinion here, but someone who gets all worked up about something that COULD be a racist comment seriously needs to rethink their life.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Some people think of *** as an abreveation, and just a personal opinion here, but someone who gets all worked up about something that COULD be a racist comment seriously needs to rethink their life.
Yeah, obviously you don't know that "***" was used in WWII as a derrogatory term to describe Japanese people. It's the equivalent of "N*gger" to Japanese people. So you might as well say N*gger, or say "Afro" short for "African Americans".

In case you didn't REALIZE I AM Japanese. If you have never been discriminated against then you don't know what you're talking about.
It doesn't take much to type out "anese" but it apparently takes a lot for people to realize what a racial slur is.

Kid YOU need to rethink your life if you think it's okay to just use a racial slur as an abbreviation.

EDIT:
Nevermind problem fixed.

Last edited by Tsurara; 03-21-2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Well i'm sorry. I'm african and I mostly hear *** when people are talking about the japanese. Lets just not get into a whole rasisum discussion okay because I didn't mean anything about it!
Are you this forceful to people you don't know?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Well i'm sorry. I'm african and I mostly hear *** when people are talking about the japanese. Lets just not get into a whole rasisum discussion okay because I didn't mean anything about it!
Are you this forceful to people you don't know?
You know, I am not being "forceful" I am simply educating you since you're schools haven't. "J*p" is a racial slur, it's not something I made up you know. Seeing how you are African, wouldn't you be insulted if you saw someone using the "N" word so casually?

I know you didn't mean it as a racist thing, I never said you were trying to do that. I was letting you know that it was a racial slur, and Seph, made it seem like I was accusing you of doing so when I didn't if you people would read my post:

""***" isn't a abbriviation for Japanese you know? That's considered a racial slur. I'm not saying that you meant to insult anyone...just letting ya know. Since I've noticed a lot of people don't know that "***" is a racial slur. Since everyone I meet ends up saying that to me cause thet didn't know...so I'm letting you know. I had this happen on the old boards, but no one listened to me cause they were too lazy to spell out J-A-P-A-N-E-S-E.
Yesterday 05:38 PM"

I don't see anything about me accusing you for being racist. Do you?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Yeah american anime sucks big time. Like how they jacked up Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura. But Teen Titans is a VERY good anime.
Ahem, the original Sailor Moon is an excellent series; DIC destroyed it when they dubbed it in english

Anyway, it's not anime at all...and not good by anime or any other standards, IMO

Steven> When someone writes "anime", they are referring to the term "animé", which specifically refers to Japanese Animation.

Others> Just use a period, "***." so as not to offend anyone.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

It's all punctuations here. It's like "You got beef jerky?" versus "You got beef, jerky?" Completely different with just the comma.

Same with "*** (no offense)" versus "***.". Completely different in meaning, but it's just a single period. (Thanks Zammy).

Aside from that there currently are no short forms for animation. anime is indeed short form for Japanese Animation. So...anyone think up a short for for animation yet?

Now onto topic: TT is hilarious when I watch it. I don't know why, but it's great with the humour (though I can see most of it was either unintended or intended for the older audience watching with their kids). Starfire is the source most of the time. :P
Old 03-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Eric and Totodile Offline
Amateur Trainer

Three words. Teen Titans suck. This is just IMO.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:24 PM
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme

* Hits Head In Desk *

Why o Why do we have this Arguement of some Cartoon.

Steven is Right. It a Animation! but it's Not Magna Stuff though, Who Cares. can we just stop the fuss and talk about Teen Titans! Yesh.

BTW Teen Titans is a good show when i watch it after skool. Best Episode is ' Mad Mod ' and Best titan is Beast Boy!

Oh Yeah i found a Fault on the Mad Mod Episode.

On The Beginning Credits the Singers who Sing the Theme Song Sing it in Japan Singing. Does that mean Teen Titans really count as a Anime since it's shown in Japan as well as US and UK

That's My 2 pence

'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'

Old 03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
KenshinU Offline

-_- *sighs*

First of all, just because they sang is Japanese didn't mean that it was shown in Japan. How many animes have you actually seen where they sang in English? Well there were a lot... For example, almost every See Saw song from .Hack//SIGN is in English except Yasashii Yoake. The Pillows used about three songs in English for FLCL, and it's an anime as well. So why can't Americans use one Japanese song in one of their animated series?

Second, if it WAS shown in Japan why would it make Teen Titans an anime? -_- In this case South Park, Tom and Jerry and Lion King should also be called animes, right? I mean they DID air in Japan. Well, no. Animation can only be called anime if it was originally made in Japan. Otherwise it's just some pathetic anime wannabee, no matter how anime-stylish it looks.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Tsurara Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin1312
-_- *sighs*

First of all, just because they sang is Japanese didn't mean that it was shown in Japan.

and Lion King should also be called animes, right?
Teen Titans song is sung in Japanese because Puffy a J-pop girl duo sang it. Also known as Puffy Ami Yumi in America. Japanese people like Teen Titans cause they like anything that's American. The main dude who created the show is Japanese, and he worked on Batman Beyond. That doesn't mean it's an anime, since it was all made in America.

We are not having an "argument" about the show, we are simply stating why we don't like (or like) the show.

Oh, BTW Kenshin, Lion King is a BIG rip-off. If anyone knows, Disney ripped it from Osamu Tezuka's Kimba The White Lion. Total rip off of his great work, and Disney denyed it, and claimed they didn't know Japan had animation. A lot of the people who were in the production of The Lion King thought they were making a re-make of the show, cause Kimba was aired in America. It's horrible, and Disney is the root of all Evil! I only like the moves that were made when Walt was alive, he's not money hungry like Eisner....Ugh. Check this link out, I think it gives enough proof that Disney ripped the great Tezuka off...and to think, Tezuka looked up to Disney.
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm