Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:04 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Are the stats really what they are?

77% - enhances strategic thinking

76% - promotes positive values

68% - improves memory skills

60% - increases mental agility and awareness

Hmm... I mean it seems kinda like... not really there... Strategic thinking... maybe, because there are a lot of types and weaknesses, but still, kids stick with the 00bers that take no thinking to use. Positive values? Like what exactly? Oh you mean like beating a bunch of trainers and wasting your time on a gameboy instead of outside (Heh, I'm just saying... I mean I'm hardcore inside play). Memory skills... sorry I forgot, I'm so braindead... Cause last time I checked lots of things improved memory skills... like practicing for that test in History... Mental agility? Hmm... Pokemon is not a very fast paced game. You can wait all day looking at the screen and nothing happens. It's not like pokemon are constantly jumping out of no where while standing still... but at least iit makes me aware of the real world. -_-

What do you think about them? I mean honestly, little kids play them just for fun, and they aren't thinking about EVs or IVs...

Heck, I got that free trainers guide with fr/lg (I'm against guides, but I read it anyway, I mean I've beaten the games who knows how many times) And on one page it shows a good and bad team. One team has a variety of types, while the other all are bad against one type. then you switch the page and it shows the gym leaders... is it just me, or are they just trying to make the gym leaders look bad... I mean they have only one type... which is why the E4 seemed so easy to me all the time... just get a few good types, and they're hopeless... so sad... so sad...

what do YOU think?
Old 09-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar
Default Re: Are the stats really what they are?

XD Some good points

77% - enhances strategic thinking <---for a game, and only that game, hasn't helped me think strategicly in anything else. =\

76% - promotes positive values <---Agreed Steve. What positive values? X_x Being a lazy ass? Great value if you want to be a failur in life. =\

68% - improves memory skills <--To be honest, I think it's worsened mine...ask my gf...

60% - increases mental agility and awareness <---In your dreams, I've seen snails faster than this game. Other games do help, thats why I have cat like reflexes o_o but pokemon? Not in this life time. =\ Only think I can think of is maybe the Mach Bike >_>

Well, Nintendo sucks. If they're the ones saying this crap, wow, they're lying to little kids and their parents. =\

Oh, they forgot one by the way.

80%-improves lazyness, no lifeness, and social rejection(for some) =P
Old 09-22-2004, 04:40 PM
gold Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ierdar
Well, Nintendo sucks. If they're the ones saying this crap, wow, they're lying to little kids and their parents. =\
Nintendo only licence pokemon.
it's 4kids and Game freak that come up with the games and anime.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

77% - enhances strategic thinking
"Go Kyogre...use thunder...use thunder again...and again..."
Try chess

76% - promotes positive values
"I SHALL DESTROY YOU WITH MY AWESOME TEAM OF 6 KYOGRES!!! MUAHAHA!!!!!"
Try volunteering at a community center

68% - improves memory skills
"Water is good against fire. Lightning is good against water. Kyogre is good."
Try playing a musical instrument

60% - increases mental agility and awareness
*Waiting for opponent* 30 seconds later *Opponent uses Thunder* 15 seconds later *I use thunder* *Waiting for opponent*
Try playing a sport

I'm not trying to bash Pokemon...it can be strategic, but from my knowledge and experience, little kids tend to use Kyogres and more Kyogres. If only the parents knew...=P