Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
xXGengarXx Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Spiritomb and Mismagius movesets

Can anyone please help me with movesets for Spiritomb and Mismagius? I'm pretty sure that Mismagius would have moves almost like a Gengar(Special Sweeper), and that Spiritomb should have Pain Split.

I'm stuck on what else to give Spiritomb, so that it's great for mixed walling/stalling. Perhaps Toxic might work?

Okay, so I have disappeared from PE2K's mixed sprite art boards for a LONG time. But not anymore. I have come out of RETIREMENT!

Last edited by xXGengarXx; 05-07-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Default Re: Spiritomb and Mismagius movesets

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGengarXx View Post
Can anyone please help me with movesets for Spiritomb and Mismagius? I'm pretty sure that Mismagius would have moves almost like a Gengar(Special Sweeper), and that Spiritomb should have Pain Split.

I'm stuck on what else to give Spiritomb, so that it's great for mixed walling/stalling. Perhaps Toxic might work?
Spiritomb needs this:

Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split / Hypnosis / Dark Pulse

Mismagius needs some mix of the following:

~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball
~ filler
~ filler
@ Leftovers

Filler can be any of the following:

Hidden Power Fighting, Hidden Power Ice, Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp, Substitute, Destiny Bond, Mean Look. You basically needs Calm Mind though and Shadow Ball has delicious STAB, which is needed because Mismagius doesn't really hit that hard.

Fortunately it gets 105 special defense so after a CM it gives a bunch of stuff hell. Personally, I'd go with Will-O-wisp, Calm Mind, Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball so you can predict a Weavile switch and either kill him or cripple him completely. Will-O-Wisp has the added bonus of crippling TTars that may try to setup on you. Boltbeam mix is meh. Better stuff does it better and all-out attacking will get you owned by Weavile really fast lol but whatever.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 05-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Lunatyk Offline
Experienced Trainer

I wonder is mismagius would prove to be a better choice than gengar...
Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Polaris Offline

I have a Mismagius somewhere in my box. It was part of my orginal E4 team.

It's moveset if I remember correctly was something along the lines of,

Mismagius @ Leftovers
??? Nature ( I suppose +DEF would be best?)
-Psychic
-Mean Look
-Pain Split
-Confuse Ray

* Annoyer

Moveset is legit(1st Generation) , but I'm sure you could get a lot better with some breeding & hefty TMs.

Games- Yellow, Blue, Red, Stadium, Gold, Silver, Colesseum XD, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl.
Offering Trades- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Rhydon, Dragonair, Lapras, Electabuzz, Crobat, Lucario, Luxary, Evee.
Wanted Trades- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebii, Chickorita, Sentret, Evee, Chatot, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Scizor, Slowking, Bellosom.

PM with offers/battle request.