Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:39 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Orre Star Shuffle (PE2K exclusive)

Orre Star Shuffle

I kinda had a few ideas for this fic and decided to save it for sometime in December, but I was tempted to write it.

As you can tell from the title, it's a spinoff of Pokemon Collosseum. However, the main characters (well, four of them, anyway) will occasionally play some songs since they play in a band. The next post will explain them a bit to prevent any confusion. Also, it'll parody some of the fics on PE2K.

With that said, I hope you enjoy this story.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:53 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default Characters

GARAGE GIRLS

Kirlia
Type: Psychic
Ability: Trace
Sign: Aries
Instrument: None (She's the singer in the band)

Grumpig
Type: Psychic
Ability: Own Tempo
Sign: Saggitarius
Instrument: Keyboard synthesizer

Furret
Type: Normal
Ability: Keen Eye
Sign: Pisces
Instrument: Drums

Sneasel
Type: Dark/Ice
Ability: Inner Focus
Sign: Aquarius
Instrument: Guitar

OTHER IMPORTANT POKEMON

Mawile
Type: Steel
Ability: Intimidate
Sign: Scorpio
Other: Despite his efforts to impress Sneasel, she can't stand him

Linoone
Type: Normal
Ability: Pickup
Sign: Gemini
Sister: Furret
Girlfriend: Sneasel

Butterfree
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Compound Eyes
Sign: Virgo
Special Ability: Able to identify Shadow Pokemon

SHADOW POKEMON RESCUED

Last edited by Hoenn Mirror Girl; 10-04-2004 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Orre Star Shuffle (PE2K exclusive)

PROLOGUE: The Garage Girls
When someone at Cianwood Island heard the word "music", the first thing that comes to mind are the Garage Girls. The band, originally started by Kirlia and Grumpig, had a slow beginning, but now it was one of the famous music bands in Johto. As time passed, the band have acquired two more members: Sneasel and Furret.

Kirlia is the singer of the band, and it isn't hard to notice why with her beautiful singing voice. She's also the leader of the band, so she makes sure that everything is flawless in progress. However, Kirlia can get a little carried away with her leadership roles at times. A few sour notes or unnecessary pauses can throw off her timing, meaning that the band will have to start the song all over. Also, she can be overwhelmed and stressed by being the lead of the Garage Girls. Despite her minor dominance and perfectionism at times, Kirlia's singing and passion for the band couldn't be topped.

Grumpig, Kirlia's best friend, is more easygoing. She usually has a million ideas for just about everything, and the Garage Girls is no exception. Grumpig picks the songs that would pique the interest of music lovers, and since she has her computer packed with Mp3 files and over a thousand CDs (with a few she "borrowed" from her parents before their divorce), at least one of them is lucky enough to be performed. She's often in a good mood and is open to everything, so the band members can talk to her about certain things that bother them. Her trademark instrument is a keyboard synthesizer.

Furret, the drum player of the Garage Girls, can be quite emotional. She's mainly bashful and is often seen with her brother, Linoone. At first, she was quite hesistant to join the band. However, Furret decided to try out for the band after Kirlia, Grumpig, and Linoone encouraged her to do so. As soon as she began auditioning, the singer and keyboard player were stunned by Furret's phenomenal performance and immediately accepted her. While Furret had some mood swings, being in the band helped her self-esteem a bit.

Finally, there was Sneasel. She's considered a loner because other than the band and Linoone (who she's currently dating), she doesn't like to be around people. She's often found near the beach by herself whenever she isn't at band practice or sharing an ice cream with Furret's brother. Sneasel and Furret get along pretty well because they can trust each other with major issues that they don't want leaking out. She is very serious and doesn't laugh much as well as smiling rarely. Sneasel can have a short temper and usually lets it all out on Mawile, a Pokemon that is often seen with the band. Mawile tries as hard as he could to make Sneasel like him, but he usually fails.

After the Garage Girls performed their first song in Cianwood, they had received more fan mail than they can handle. Of course, they wrote back to them when they had time on their hands. One day, however, Sneasel noticed a letter that would take the band to greater heights:

Dear Garage Girls,
I loved your music. It was worth it to skip my usual day at the movies and come all the way from Goldenrod City to see your debut. You blew me away!
Do you think you can perform here in Goldenrod one day? It'll mean a lot to me if I didn't have to get ready two hours before the show starts.

From,
Skiploom

The Garage Girls were speechless after reading the letter.

GRUMPIG: Whoa... unbelievable...
SNEASEL: Well, there goes anything I was going to say. [turns to Kirlia] I know it isn't my style, but do you think we should travel around and perform in the cities of Johto?

Kirlia thought for a moment. It would be nice if the Garage Girls could travel. After a moment of silence, Kirlia's mind was made up.

KIRLIA: We'll extend tommorow's practice by an hour and head to Goldenrod first thing Friday morning.

So that began the road to fame for the Garage Girls. After performing in Goldenrod, they played in Ecruteak City, Mahogany Town, and New Bark Town. It wasn't long before they ended up playing in every city in Johto.

A couple of months after their latest performance in Cherrygrove City, a music company in Olivine City called Pop 'til You Drop Records took an interest in the Garage Girls. As soon as the manager and Kirlia talked things out, everything was settled, and the contract was signed, CDs and video cassettes were sold in every music store in Johto. Eventually, Linoone and Mawile visited the girls whenever they were on their breaks. However, life continued like normal. Sneasel still went out with Linoone while still blowing her stack at Mawile, Grumpig enjoyed her issues of Pokemon Elite Magazine that she had been collecting for the past two years, and everyone else continued with their usual routines.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:00 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

EPISODE 1: Unexpected Turnaround
CHAPTER 1: Going International
After wrapping up practice for the day at the studio of Pop 'til You Drop Records, the girls decided to head back to Cianwood Island until the manager bursts into the room. The Vigoroth looked estatic as he waves a letter around.

MANAGER: Hey, ladies! Great news!

The girls began to get sour looks when the manager handed the letter to them.

FURRET: Uh...sir? I think we have more than enough fan mail...
MANAGER: Fan mail? Oh, this? This is even better. Open it up.

Sneasel slashes the envelope open and starts to read the note inside.

Dear Garage Girls,

I heard that you have developed quite a reputation in the Johto region. I'd like to ask a favor of you. Recently the band in the Kanto region called the Wind Shuffle have disbanded and our sales have dropped severely. If this continues, we'll be out of business.

This is why I'd like for you ladies to play at Kanto. With this letter is a boat ticket for the S.S. Anne, which docks at Olivine and Vermillion. Once you arrive in Vermillion, a bus will take you to Celadon City. Everything has been set up for your performance.

I look foward to seeing you if you're able to come.

Sincerly,
Alakazam, Manager of Storm Rider Records

FURRET: Storm Rider Records?
SNEASEL: Who would've thought that the biggest music company in Kanto would ask us to perform?
GRUMPIG: I wonder if we should go. I hope we do, 'cause I have a bunch of songs we can perform.
SNEASEL: Uh...Grumpig? If you're talking about doing "Follow Me"* again...
GRUMPIG: No... I have something else planned.
MANAGER: So, ladies... what it'll be?

There was a brief pause. The other three girls looked at Kirlia. Seeing that the other girls wanted to go, Kirlia sighs and looks at her manager.

KIRLIA: We'll go to Kanto. It sounds like fun to perform in another region. What time does the boat leave?
SNEASEL: Noon tommorow.
KIRLIA: Great! I'll call Linoone and Mawile and see if they want to come with us.
SNEASEL: I was hoping that we can go and leave Mawile here.

Kirlia let out a slight laugh as she gets her cell phone. As she starts to dial, the manager starts to leave but then stops and turns to the girls.

MANAGER: Have fun in Kanto, ladies!

As the manager left and Kirlia begins to get a ring signal, Sneasel heads back to her dressing room. Sneasel didn't seem too enthusiastic about the trip like everyone else was. She didn't like to travel much. Even performing in the cities of Johto stressed her out, and now she was going to another region. Even though she began to like performing in front of her fans, Sneasel didn't like the idea of going to Kanto.

Furret began to follow Sneasel when she notices that she was a bit stressful about this.

FURRET: I'm guessing going to Kanto is too much for you...
SNEASEL: You could say that.
FURRET: I bet it'll be fun. We'll probably perform in Hoenn after this. Try to lighten up a bit. I was just as stressed out as you were when I tried out for the band, and ever since then, I like being with you guys.

Sneasel lets out a sigh and smiles.

SNEASEL: Well... I guess Kanto won't be so bad...

The next day, the Garage Girls, Mawile, and Linoone were boarding the S.S. Anne at Olivine City. Ever since they arrived, millions of their fans have flocked around them, but the Machoke security guards were there to keep the crowd under control. Still, the Garage Girls were kind enough to wave to their fans. Even Grumpig, despite the fact that she was listening to her usual Japanese pop on the CD Player in the pound around her waist, manage to squeeze in a few "hellos" to her adoring fans.

As soon as they boarded the ship, the group where shown their room. There were two beds, one against the right wall and another by the dresser. In front of a dark purple sofa was a small rectangular table. On top of the dresser was the TV, and on the right was a small refrigerator.

FURRET: This seems nice.
MAWILE: Too bad it'll be for only six hours.
FURRET: Then, we just have to get the best of it.

Noon came, and the ship left the port.

Episode 1-1 Notes
Follow Me - Team Rose's theme song in Sonic Heroes
Old 09-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

CHAPTER 2: From Olivine to Vermillion
Within the first hour of the trip to Vermillion City, the group have already made themselves comfortable. They went to have a bite to eat at the cafe and went their own separate ways after that. When they came back to the room, they noticed Grumpig lying on the bed and reading one of her issues of Pokemon Elite Magazine while eating the twelve ounce bag of chips she bought a while ago after leaving the arcade. The stereo was resting on the dresser and was playing one of Grumpig's many CDs. Kirlia lies down on the sofa while Furret and Sneasel sat beside the window and watched the wavy sparkling ocean continue for miles. Mawile sat with Grumpig while Linoone sits on the floor with his paws resting on the table. As Grumpig continues to read the magazine, she begins laughing.

GRUMPIG: I never get tired of that part...
KIRLIA: Let me guess: the Sun Water part in "The Gray Battlegrounds"?
GRUMPIG: What can I say? I love that part. A boy in a flower dress... how ironic... and yet so hilarious.

Furret, becoming interested, heads over to the stack of Pokemon Elite Magazines on the floor. She takes one that was made in May 2004 and begins to look at the fan art section. One of the pictures caught her attention. It had a girl with Butterfree wings, a dark-skinned girl that looked like she lived in a cave, a mermaid, and another girl in a sailor-styled school uniform. The background had a light purple sky dotted with stars and small clouds that were a mix of pink and white. They formed a trail in front of a bright blue gate with stars on top of the bars that was surrounded in peach colored clouds. At the bottom of the picture were strange berries, a spiky one that was pink with some traces of brown, a light blue one with tan zigzag patterns, a large white one with hints of red dotted all over, and a green cactus-like one. In the middle were the words "HOENN MIRROR WORLD" in dark blue lettering. Underneath that were the words "By Johto Island Girl". Smaller lettering in the same color under the author's name read "Powers of the land, the sea, the sky, and living things..." followed by "The key to defeat the darkness lies in them".

FURRET: "Hoenn Mirror World"? What's that?
MAWILE: You mean you never heard of that?
FURRET: Not really... I usually pay attention to "Adventure of a Lifetime". I don't know. I'm just used to the Trainer stories. But then again, I'm starting to get into "Death Upon Tohjo Island"...
MAWILE: Furret, once you check out "Hoenn Mirror World", you'll feel rather silly for not hearing about it.
LINOONE: That was basically the only story I read in the story section of Pokemon Elite... well, that and the "Trial of Juno". Too bad both of them ended. I'll never forget about that final battle between Juno and Zander...
MAWILE: I don't know... Connie kicked a lot of butt in her final battle with Walrein.
LINOONE: I know. That's pretty hard to forget.
KIRLIA: Hey, have you checked out that one story? What's the name of it...? It's a fantasy...
GRUMPIG: "Protector of the Forest"?
KIRLIA: Not that one. The new one...with the road trip...
LINOONE: "Road to Palantria"?
KIRLIA: Yeah! That one! I just read the latest chapter yesterday. It was hilarious. Now I know why Grumpig likes the whole Sun Water scenario so much.
FURRET: Hey, Sneasel? Which one of the stories did you like in Pokemon Elite?

Sneasel had to think it over. She didn't read too many magazines, but she did enjoy Pokemon Elite. Everyone people who hated reading magazine have at least read a page of the popular magazine.

SNEASEL: Probably "Dawn of the Night"... Too bad it was discontinued. "Death Upon Tohjo Island" was pretty good.
MAWILE: Hey... anyone remember "Johto Island Adventure"?
GRUMPIG: That's a classic! How can anyone forget that?
FURRET: What's "Johto Island Adventure"?
GRUMPIG: It was this fic where this Raichu invites her pals to Johto Island.
FURRET: Is it anything like "Death Upon Tohjo Island"?
MAWILE: Not exactly. I doubt that Johto Island Girl would be doing gory stuff anytime soon.
FURRET: Ugh... that's the one thing I didn't like about "Death Upon Tohjo Island"...

After chatting over the stories and the art, Grumpig switched the CD in the stereo with another. A few seconds after putting the new CD in, the group were enjoying the sounds of 20 November* for a while before they went off again. As Kirlia left the room and headed to the elevator, she sighed.

KIRLIA: I can't wait to get to Vermillion. This trip is taking long enough as it is...

Episode 1-2 Notes
20 November - a song from Dance Dance Revolution
Old 09-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

CHAPTER 3: Bus to the Outskirts
By the time the S.S. Anne have arrived in Vermillion City, the sun was already setting. The sky had mixes of gold, red, and purple; and the ocean became a dark blue with the sun's orange tint mixed in.

Everything was let off the ship and head to their intended places. Meanwhile, the Garage Girls, Mawile, and Linoone were heading to the bus stop. The bus arrived as soon as they did. The door whoosed open, and the six teenage Pokemon boarded the bus. Linoone, Furret, and Sneasel got in one seat, and Mawile, Kirlia, and Grumpig sat behind them. The door closed, and the bus began to head to Celadon City. Nothing happened for the first five minutes until Mawile tapped Sneasel on the shoulder.

MAWILE: Hey, Sneasel. I've got a good joke for ya.
SNEASEL: [sarcastically] Oh, goodie.
MAWILE: It's a classic. Why did the Combusken cross the road?
SNEASEL: To beat up the little punk making jokes about him?

Immediately, everyone but Mawile, who had the sour look of being insulted on his face, began to laugh.

KIRLIA: To beat up the little punk... now, THAT'S funny!
MAWILE: Yeah, yeah... Laugh it up, my friends. One of these day, you'll be laughing with me instead of at me.
LINOONE: No offense, man, but the chances of that happening are the same when Grumpig learns to fly.

Suddenly, everyone on the bus suddenly felt a sharp jolt almost immediately after hearing a loud shattering crash. Everything suddenly went dark. A faint, chilling feeling flowed through the passengers. Everything around Kirlia, Grumpig, Furret, Sneasel, Linoone, and Mawile became a dark, eerie purple and began to swirl as if the entire bus was in a blender. The six suddenly passed out...

When the group woke up, the group found themselves in a large, barren desert. Breezes carry particles of sand, and the sun was shining intensly. There were no sources of food and water. The only thing that stood was something that looked like an abandoned cable car. Clearly, they were not at Celadon City.

LINOONE: Where the heck are we?
FURRET: Sure isn't Celadon City, that's for sure.
KIRLIA: I remember being on the bus, and the next thing I know, we're...in the middle of nowhere.
MAWILE: How about we just find the bus stop?
KIRLIA: I don't think there's a bus stop for miles.
FURRET: Can somebody please tell me what happened?
GRUMPIG: Uh... we crashed, everything became dark and turned purple... then we passed out and somehow ended up here.
SNEASEL: But where IS here?
FURRET: I don't know.

Just then, the group notices their luggage on the ground totally unscatched. Furret heads to her part of the luggage and fumbles to her dark tan backpack.

FURRET: I think I call the person in charge for our show at Celadon. Maybe he knows where we are.

Everyone was relieved. Furret and Linoone had parents that were the definition of rich, so they had top of the line cell phones. Furret gets out her phone and flips it open. A few seconds later, she wanted to scream.

FURRET: No way...
LINOONE: What is it, sis?

Linoone looks over to the pink cell phone Furret was holding and his jaw dropped.

LINOONE: What the...?!
KIRLIA: What is it?
FURRET: I can't get a signal...

Grumpig's eyes grew wide as she heard this.

GRUMPIG: Wait a sec... We were riding a bus... We're in a desert... And now, Furret's cell phone doesn't work... I think I know what's going on here...
KIRLIA: What is it?
GRUMPIG: Three words... "Road to Palantria"...

With that, everyone hits the ground in sheer annoyance. They immediately get up a few seconds later, and Sneasel grabs Grumpig and shakes her.

SNEASEL: Grumpig, use your head! Don't say stupid stuff like that! There's no way that could be possible!
GRUMPIG: But think about it. We could be somewhere in Palantria. This is exactly what happened in "Road to Palantria". The guys were driving, they end up in some valley, Kenneth's cell phone didn't work... The next thing that could happen is that Furret may become a Salamence!

Kirlia suddenly gets annoyed by Grumpig's bizarre "theory" and slaps her hard in the face.

KIRLIA: Get a grip! There's no way we could be in Palantria, and if we were, I don't recall a part of it being a barren desert in the middle of nowhere!
GRUMPIG: Uh...maybe we're somewhere in the Hoenn Mirror World... Or this is Kivistal during the day...

Kirlia slaps Grumpig twice and Sneasel scratches her. Both of them were annoyed.

KIRLIA: Will you please come back to Earth, Grumpig?! Those were just stories that the authors just thought up just to kill some time. They are no way realistic in any way, shape, or form!
FURRET: Uh...Kirlia... I understand you're upset, but maybe you should calm down.
KIRLIA: How can I calm down!? It's blazing hot, some sand just got in my eye, and in case you haven't notice, we can't make it to our big performance in Celadon!
GRUMPIG: Well, if we're not at Palantria, Kivistal, or the Hoenn Mirror World, then where on Earth are we?!
MAWILE: I'm not even sure if we're on Earth anymore.
SNEASEL: Uh...
LINOONE: Can I say something?
KIRLIA: No! You can't say anything!

And with that, the six Pokemon began to argue amongst themselves. Just then, there was a whistle. They then turn around and saw a Charmeleon standing in front of the train.

CHARMELEON: Uh...I'm sorry for butting into your business, but are you guys lost?
FURRET: Yes. We're going to Celadon City.

The Charmeleon seemed a little confused about this as he scratched his head.

CHARMELEON: Celadon what?
KIRLIA: Celadon City. A bus was taking us there, but--
CHARMELEON: A bus? Going through the Outskirts? I'm sorry, but I never heard of places like that on Orre Star.

Everyone froze.

MAWILE: Orre Star?
CHARMELEON: Yep. Anyway, you guys look like you need a rest. Come on in.

The Charmeleon head back into the train. Mawile and Linoone went in, but the Garage Girls looked at each in confusion.

FURRET: I can't believe this. We're on another planet...
SNEASEL: Don't worry about it. Maybe he just said that to freak us out. Either that or it's his way to get cool points with girls.
KIRLIA: Let's... just... go inside that train thing. Hoepfully someone will know where we are for real.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

CHAPTER 4: Uneasy
To the group's surprise, the inside of the abadoned train looked like a bar. Several tables were laid out, and a jukebox stood by the entrance. There was a TV by the counter to entertain the Pokemon having their drinks.

As soon as the group entered the bar, the bar was filled with whistles and light laughter.

FURRET: They're flirting with us, huh?
SNEASEL: Sadly, yes.

The Garage Girls found a table by a Machoke and a Nuzleaf while Mawile and Linoone went to the counter. Kirlia felt a bit uneasy about this, and the feeling grew stronger when the Nuzleaf leaned toward her.

NUZLEAF: Hey, baby... Come here often?
KIRLIA: No. As a matter of fact, I've never been here. You see, I'm in a band--
NUZLEAF: What's your sign?
KIRLIA: [sighs] Octagon.
NUZLEAF: Huh? Octagon? Never heard of it.
KIRLIA: Yes, Octagon... as in STOP.

A wave of laughter immediately filled the bar as Nuzleaf folds his arms and gets a sly smile on his face.

MACHOKE: Aw, man! You just got the brush off big time!
NUZLEAF: Chill, man. She's playing hard-to-get.

The laughter died down. Just then, one of the barkeepers, a Croconaw, placed down some crystal clear water for the girls.

SNEASEL: If this is for a date, forget it.
CROCONAW: This isn't for a date. They just have a tendency to do that whenever girls come in here. We don't get a lot of females here.
SNEASEL: [to herself] I can see why...
GRUMPIG: What kinds of soda do you have?
CROCONAW: We have root beer, strawberry, orange, lemon-lime...
GRUMPIG: Oooh...a personal favorite. Lemon-lime, please.
FURRET: I'll have an orange.
CROCONAW: You got it!

The Croconaw left. Kirlia stretches a bit before getting up.

KIRLIA: Well, I'm gonna head outside for a while.
SNEASEL: For what? There's nothing out there but desert.
KIRLIA: I know, but someone that might be passing by might help us get to Celadon City.

Sneasel began to protest, but then shrugs it off and heads out the door along with Kirlia. As soon as the two girls were outside, they saw a couple of Zigzagoon playing. One of them saw the girls and raced over to them.

ZIGZAGOON 1: Hi. Are you from around here?
KIRLIA: No. We're from Cianwood Island.
ZIGZAGOON 2: Cianwood Island? What's that?
KIRLIA: It's in Johto. You see, my friend Sneasel and I are part of a band called the Garage Girls...
ZIGZAGOON 1: A band? As in music?
SNEASEL: That's pretty much what a band was the last time I checked, kiddo.
ZIGZAGOON 2: Cool! How about we have a little battle? If we win, could you play one of your songs?
KIRLIA: Uh...not right now. You see, we've got lost on our way to Celadon City.
ZIGZAGOON 1: Celadon City? [to the second Zigzagoon] Do you know anything about a Celadon City?
ZIGZAGOON 2: Nope... at least not on Orre Star...

Kirlia and Sneasel looked at each other in shock.

SNEASEL: Excuse me, but is this place really called Orre Star?
ZIGZAGOON 1: Well, yeah. Orre Star is the name of this planet. We're in the middle of the Outskirts. Not a lot here.
KIRLIA: Aw, man...
ZIGZAGOON 2: So...are you gonna battle us...?
KIRLIA: [sighs] Why not? After what happened, I need to get rid of this tension one way or another.

The four Pokemon were stanced for battle. The Zigzagoon were on one side of the desert field and have their paws firmly on the ground with serious looks on their faces. Kirlia and Sneasel glared at their young opponents. Sneasel's claws shone in the sunlight as Kirlia appeared to be in the middle of intense concentration.

ZIGZAGOON 1: Don't take us likely!
ZIGZAGOON 2: Even though we're young, we're tough!
Old 09-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

CHAPTER 5: Little League Players
Sneasel was the first one to attack. She lashes out her claws and raced toward one of the Zigzagoon. Before long, the Zigzagoon found the sharp claw making a brief impact on his face before he was slammed into the ground and rolled over to his partner.

ZIGZAGOON 1: Hey, Ziggy, you okay?

Ziggy gets up and turns to his partner.

ZIGGY: Nothing serious.

Meanwhile, Kirlia went into a state of immense concentration. She spins around a few times and spreads out her hands as she began to glow. The other Zigzagoon suddenly rose into the air for a few seconds before crashing back on the ground.

Ziggy decided to go on the offense to buy some time while his partner recovers. He leaps toward Sneasel and lowered his head which made contact on Sneasel's stomach with much force as Ziggy could muster. Sneasel stumbled backwards a bit while she caught her breath.

KIRLIA: You okay?
SNEASEL: I'm fine. Nothing I couldn't handle.
KIRLIA: [to Ziggy] That Headbutt attack was impressive, kid... but it's not as good as this!

The red horns on Kirlia's head began to glow an eerie blue color. The glow begins to drift toward Ziggy as a small fireball.

ZIGGY: Ack!

Before Ziggy could respond, the glow made contact.

ZIGZAGOON 2: Ziggy!
ZIGGY: I'm fine, Zaggy...
ZAGGY: Don't worry. I'll take care of these girls.

Zaggy turns around and begins to kick sand into the girls' faces.

ZAGGY: That oughta slow 'em down!
KIRLIA: Don't think this is over!

Kirlia's horns began to spark with forks of electricity that shot out as a bolt of lightning that made a direct hit on Zaggy. Zaggy, unable to continue, collapsed.

ZAGGY: Aw, man...
ZIGGY: Zaggy!

Ziggy was still in pain from the Will-O-Wisp attack.

SNEASEL: This one's mine.

The pink horn on Sneasel's head begins glowing a bright blue. Ziggy begans to head toward the sharp claw weasel at full force but being hit with an icy cold beam that froze him.

KIRLIA: Looks like we've won that one.
SNEASEL: Yep, but we'd better make sure they're okay.

The girls carried the Zigzagoon into the bar. Fortunately, a Chansey was there on her way to a nearby town. She treated the tiny raccoons with very little problem.

CHANSEY: There we go.
ZIGGY: Whew...that was a tough battle. Maybe it was a bad idea to battle someone older than us.
KIRLIA: No, it wasn't. It took my mind off of the fact that we're stuck in the middle of nowhere.
CHANSEY: Actually, the town I'm going to is Phenactropolis. It's really beautiful, especially at this time of years. Maybe we can go there.
MAWILE: Fine with me.

The girls began to leave until Ziggy stops them.

ZIGGY: I guess that means no song...

Kirlia, knowing how much the Zigzagoon were looking foward to a performance, turns to the girls.

KIRLIA: Hey, you have your stuff with you, right?

With that, the Garage Girls began to prepare for a sudden performance. Grumpig sets up her keyboard as Furret was putting together her drums and Sneasel was fine turning her guitar. Mawile, Linoone, and the Zigzagoon took front row while everyone in the bar made themselves comfortable. Kirlia finishes preparations as she plugs in the microphone into the amplifier after the other Garage Girls did the same with their instruments.

KIRLIA: [into the mike] Well, this is the first time we're performing on the spot. We were expecting to play at Celadon City instead of a bar in the middle of a desert, but I guess stuff like this has to happen every now and then. Anyway, we play this song a couple of times in the Johto region, specifically Blackthorn City and Goldenrod City. It almost became one of Grumpig's favorites, but then again, she normally likes stuff like this.

Grumpig puts her hand behind her hand and laughs in embarrassment.

KIRLIA: But enough about that. Is everyone here at the Outskirts ready for a Garage Girls performance?

Everyone in bar cheered in anticipation.

KIRLIA: Okay! Here we go!

After a few beats of Furret's drums and a crash on the cymbals, Sneasel follows by playing a happy-type pop song on her guitar. All of the Garage Girls got into the rythym and feel of the music.

Anywhere you wanna go,
Anything you need to know,
All the best in life, I want to get it for you

Baby, I just feel so fine
I imagine that you’re mine
In my world, you’re gold
I only want to protect you

Already everyone was enjoying the music and Kirlia's singing. A Lombre was tapping softly on the table in tune with Furret's drumming while bobbing his head with the music. Ziggy hums the music to himself (even though he never heard the song before).

Whatever I want, I get
I want shooting stars
Whatever I need, I have
When I’m with you

Everything ceased to exist except for the pleasure of listening to the song. The Garage Girls have already made their first hit on Orre Star.

Follow me inside, outside, through the stratosphere
The moon is shining for you
It knows that I adore you
Suddenly, all the sadness will just slip away
And you will see what I mean,
If you just follow me in my dreams

Follow Me, theme of Team Rose (from Sonic Heroes)

As soon as the song ended with a chord from Sneasel and a few drumbeats from Furret, everyone in the bar was wildly applauding with some whistles and hoots. The Zigzagoon were hopping up and down in excitment constantly yelling, "Play more!"

KIRLIA: Thank you! Thank you so much, everyone! We appreciate the praise!

The Chansey heads to the stage.

CHANSEY: That was wonderful, girls! I'm sure that everyone at Phenactropolis would love it. We don't get many performers on Orre Star.
FURRET: It feels pretty weird to be playing on another planet.
CHANSEY: If you don't mind, maybe we can go there together.
KIRLIA: Say no more. We'll be ready to leave as soon as we put our stuff away.
CHANSEY: Great! I'll wait for you outside.

Half an hour later, the Garage Girls have their stuff packed. Fortunately, the Chansey had enough room in her hover car for the luggage. Kirlia sat next to Chansey, Grumpig and Mawile sat in the middle seat, and the others sat in the back.

CHANSEY: Everyone comfortable?
ALL: Yep. All comfy!
CHANSEY: Okay. Next stop, Phenactropolis!

Chansey turns on the ignition, and the hover car slowly rose into the air before accelerating west to the destination of Phenactropolis.

END OF EPISODE 1
Old 09-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

For a minute I thought you created that song from scratch. Still, it's good nonetheless.

Interesting chapter JIG. I wonder what's going to happen next. Please update again soon!

Old 09-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

EPISODE 2: Pokemon Gone Wrong
CHAPTER 1: An Oasis and a City
Phenactropolis was the most beautiful places that the Garage Girls, Mawile, and Linoone have ever seen. Despite the fact that the city was in the middle of a desert, Pokemon managed to make their homes here. Crystal clear water poured from a fountain that was located at the center of the city as well as waterfalls that usually hung on the side of the small houses, making it possible for plantlife to exist here as well as quenching the thrists of the citizens that lived here. The buildings weren't too large compared to the houses, and the largest one was the Phenac Stadium at the rear of the bright yellow earthed city.

The Chansey who escorted the group to the beautiful city headed to the Pokemon Center where it was revealed that she worked there. After rearrangements, the group stayed with Wigglytuff, a friend of Chansey's.

WIGGLYTUFF: So, how do you like it here at Phenactropolis?

Kirlia was helping herself to some soda in the fridge. Grumpig and Sneasel were reading a couple of magazines that were stacked under the coffee table, Mawile was sleeping on the sofa, and Furret and Linoone were out exploring the town.

KIRLIA: It's great. Really beautiful.
WIGGLYTUFF: I heard that you're a band. The Garage Girls, right?
SNEASEL: Yeah. That's us.
KIRLIA: We ended up here by mistake. A bus was taking us to Celadon City. We were actually supposed to perform there.
WIGGLYTUFF: What was this Celadon City place like?
SNEASEL: We've never been there. It was our first time going there.
GRUMPIG: Uh...does weird stuff happen here? You know, like sugary water that turns you into an overgrown Bellossom and a three-headed Milotic wreck havoc every now and then? Or maybe you have heard of some people called the Khans or someone named Ice or...

Grumpig was cut off by a cold look and a soft growl from Sneasel.

SNEASEL: Grumpig, three words: Shut up already.
GRUMPIG: I still say that we're in some parellel version of Palantria.
SNEASEL: If you say Palantria one more time, I'll--
WIGGLYTUFF: Um...come to think of it, I've been hearing some rumors about a Makuhita running around and attacking everything...but I doubt that it's true.

Grumpig, eager to know more about this Makuhita, rushes up to the Wigglytuff.

GRUMPIG: What did he look like? How big was he? Was he made of metal? Did he shoot missiles from his fists?

Sneasel then grabs the hysterical Grumpig by the neck and tosses her at Mawile. The steel-type Pokemon had a rude awakening as he felt Grumpig's moderate amount of bulk slam into him. He fell off the couch seconds before Grumpig landed on him again.

MAWILE: What the--?! Grumpig! Get off of me!

Embarrassed, Grumpig gets off and Sneasel lets out an annoyed sigh. The Wigglytuff chuckles sheepishly as she heads over to Kirlia.

WIGGLYTUFF: Uh...do stuff like this happen?
KIRLIA: Yeah. But you get used to it quick.

Furret was just leaving an ice cream stand by the PokeMart. She had in her paws a small chocolate-vanilla ice cream cone. Linoone caught up to his sister as she began to lick away at the soft, frozen treat.

LINOONE: I see that they have the same ice cream we have on Earth.

Furret couldn't answer because her mouth was too full. The long body ferret Pokemon then noticed two Loudred carrying a sack as she ate her ice cream.

LOUDRED 1: Move it already, you Slowpoke!
LOUDRED 2: I'm moving! I'm moving!
LOUDRED 1: We have to get this twerp as far away from us as possible!
LOUDRED 2: Yeah. If she stuck around, it'll make all of Cipher look bad!

Linoone and Furret looked at each other and then back at the two Loudred's sack. Surely enough, someone was in there. Without a minute of hesistation, Linoone approached the Loudred pair with Furret following.

LINOONE: Hey, you punks! What's in the sack?

The Loudred dropped the sack upon hearing Linoone's voice. The sack made a plop sound as it hits the ground, and the Pokemon inside wiggled a bit.

POKEMON: Ow!

One of the Loudred glared at Linoone and Furret.

LOUDRED 2: Looks like we've been caught...
LOUDRED 1: Maybe we should get out of here. They might get the police.
LOUDRED 2: Those two aren't going anywhere. I'm not going to have a couple of teenagers make us look bad. Let's go!
LINOONE: You don't have to tell me twice. [to Furret] Let's do it, sis!
FURRET: You got it!

All four Pokemon prepared for battle.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Very nicely done JIG! It’s an interesting parallel from what happens in Pokémon Colosseum, only with many interesting new twists. Definitely keep it going, I like how its developing and I await to see more.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Barret Offline

Woah...WOah...WOAh...WOAH!!! That's great, this fan fic is going great! keep up the good work! ^^

Some Drug, Alcohol, and Domestic Violence Related Info and Statistics:
+One out of every two women will be raped in their lifetime
+One out of every three women will be sexually assaulted, raped, or beaten by the time they are 18
+In the US every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol related traffic accident
+Over 15 million Americans are dependent on alcohol; 500,000 are between the age of 9 and 12
+Tobacco is the only thing that when used correctly, will kill you
Be Responsible. Don't be a Statistic.

Old 09-26-2004, 04:36 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Thanks. I'll have the battle up sometime this weekend (or next).
Old 09-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

CHAPTER 2: Details Revealed...
LOUDRED 1: We're gonna show you how big a mistake you just made, my friends!

The first Loudred took in a deep breath and screamed as loud as he could. Linoone covered his ears to drown out the insanely loud screaming, but it was no use.

Meanwhile, Furret put her front paws on the ground and leaned back her body as she glared at the second Loudred. A split second later, she sprints off and rammed into him with her head. The force of the Quick Attack knocked down him down.

LINOONE: Thanks, sis.
FURRET: No problem.
LOUDRED 2: This ain't over yet, you two!

The second Loudred balled his fist and headed straight for Furret.

LINOONE: Hey, Furret! Watch out!
FURRET: Don't have to tell me twice.
LINOONE: I'll handle the Loudred on the right. You handle the left one.

And with that, the raccoon and ferret Pokemon prepared to attack. Furret ducked to dodge the second Loudred's attack the minute his fist was in her face. She then lashes out her somewhat small claws and slashes him in the face.

LOUDRED 2: I can't believe I'm getting whooped here!

Linoone rushed up to the Loudred that he was battling. He then jumps up and hits his opponent with a shining hard tail. The Loudred then falls next to his comrade.

LOUDRED 1: That makes two of us. Cut AND Iron Tail?
FURRET: There's more where that came from!

Furret made a beeline toward the Loudred Linoone just attacked and slamed her long, slender body on him. The Loudred and Furret bounced up a bit before they landed, but Loudred didn't seem he was able to take anymore.

LOUDRED 1: Looks like it's game over for me...

The first Loudred collapsed on the ground, and the second Loudred, seeing what was happening, helped his partner up and placed him on his back.

LOUDRED 2: We'll let you go this time, but don't think we'll be taking it easy the next time we see you!

The Loudred heads out of the city. After that, Furret and Linoone head to the sack and untied the knot. A Butterfree then flopped out of the bag and begins to catch her breath, obviously suffociating from being in the bag for so long.

BUTTERFREE: Thanks...so much. I thought... I thought I was a goner.
LINOONE: It's okay, kid. You're safe with us.
BUTTERFREE: That's a relief. You don't seem to be from here.
LINOONE: My sister and I came from Cianwood Island.
BUTTERFREE: I never heard of that place.
FURRET: It's on Earth. [nervous laugh]
BUTTERFREE: Oh. I never been on Earth before... and with creeps like those Loudred running around, I probably never will.
FURRET: Tell us... Why were you in that sack?

Butterfree sighed and blushed as she twidled her "fingers".

BUTTERFREE: Well, I saw those guys with a Makuhita...
FURRET: A Makuhita?
BUTTERFREE: There was something weird about him. He had this black aura around him...

Furret and Linoone looked at each other.

FURRET: I think we need to talk to Kirlia and Grumpig about this.
LINOONE: Yeah. You can always depend on Psychic-types like them to figure out stuff like this.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Interesting, I never thought the sidekick character would be a Butterfree. I like these kinds of surprises.

Keep it up JIG, you're doing a good job and I lovin' it!