Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Matsuki222p Offline

Send a message via MSN to Matsuki222p
Default Suggested d/p Movesets for Salam/Metag/Azelf

Im trying to include these in my team and I need help with the new moves, im not very far in the game and as such im not tip top on the metagame. Thx XD

Edit: Also I was curious as to what a d/p gengar would have, and what is the usefullness of grass knot?

Last edited by Matsuki222p; 04-28-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Default Re: Suggested d/p Movesets for Salam/Metag/Azelf

Azelf - Levitate
~ Nasty Plot
~ Psychic
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Fighting
@ Leftovers

For Azelf. Some people like Explosion, Thunderbolt, Substitute, Life Orb and Grass Knot too so don't exclude those. Lots of stuff works here. Hidden Power Fighting doesn't OHKO TTar so be warned.

Salamence - Intimidate

Pick a type of moveset. You can literally do anything with this guy so long as it's offensive. Life Orb seems to be popular, with Brick Break, Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump and Dragon Claw. Choice Specs also works with Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse. Choice Band is fine, you'll probably have Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge and a filler, probably Fire Blast. Dragon Dance is meh but also workable. Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Fire Blast.

Metagross - Clear Body
~ Pursuit
~ Explosion
~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake
@ Leftovers

That's the set I like at the moment. Main purpose is to KO Gengar, revenge KO Duggy, etc. Choice Band isn't awful but you're going to run into issues with Magnezone if he ever gets popular. Life Orb with Hidden Power Grass is kind of cool for raping Swamperts. Some people like Magnet Rise or whatever it is that gives you Levitate so you get more stuff. Agiligross still works kind of. Just make sure you have Boom and Meteor Mash lol and it'll work. How well it works is another thing though. Ice Punch and Thunderpunch are kind of cool. CB Thunderpunch 2HKOs Milotic so it's worth looking into for that maybe.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).

Last edited by Dragon_Seeker; 04-28-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 PM
-4J- Offline

Grass Knot O-2HKO's just about every commonly used Water type except Manaphy.
And hits a lot of other things hard too.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J- View Post
Grass Knot O-2HKO's just about every commonly used Water type except Manaphy.
And hits a lot of other things hard too.
Meta learns Grass Knot wtf.

Cool.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
-4J- Offline

Yeah.
Metagross w/ Grass Knot makes a lot of Metagross counters not metagross counters.