Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Dave The Man Offline

Default Ash a Stupid Trainer

I reckon ash Is Stupid in Starting All Over again each new journey.

Imagine how strong his Pokemon would be if he kept the same one all the imt.

Your Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew
Default Re: Ash a Stupid Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
I reckon ash Is Stupid in Starting All Over again each new journey.

Imagine how strong his Pokemon would be if he kept the same one all the imt.

Your Thoughts?
hi im stoopid NOT!!!

Everyone who plays the games has to start over a lot to. Just because you start over doesn't mean you're stupid. And it would get boring having around Lv. 100 pokemon each time you go to a new region.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:15 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Well, I'm starting anew on my Sinnou journey, and I like having Piplup/Starly. Those 2 are kicking butt. The Budew also helped me win my first gym battle. And the TV show has to match up to what the game is, or people won't obviously buy the product. PErhaps Ash should have some of his old Pokemon, but then again, where Ash's Pokemon are, they are like in the Pokemon PC you use in the game, except Ash has to call Prof. Oak if he wants his Pokemon.

I think at times Ash can question if he's doing the right thing or not, but I think his Pokemon understand that he has a goal in mind. If he needs them, they'll be there for him.

And posters, use reason with your answers. I see enough flames on the sporting forums.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:22 AM
sin-of-greed Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon_Mew View Post
hi im stoopid NOT!!!

Everyone who plays the games has to start over a lot to. Just because you start over doesn't mean you're stupid. And it would get boring having around Lv. 100 pokemon each time you go to a new region.
I agree because they are so strong you just obliterate everything and won't be able to catch new ones without beating the living **** out of them making them hate you.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Isaac Gravity Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin-of-greed View Post
I agree because they are so strong you just obliterate everything and won't be able to catch new ones without beating the living **** out of them making them hate you.
If there's one thing I learned, its: Never, ever input game logic into the anime, period! The anime breaks the fundamentals especially when plot sees it fit. (Why else would a Pokedex have data on a 'mon you simply seen when the machine itself is about gathering data by obtaining the specimen to analyze then learn about) As far as I see it, the anime wanted to remove "level" and just give Pokemon "limitless potential" so it supposed to somehow balance out when Ash faces a foe he never met. Again, only when plot calls for it. It just feels like the anime team is just playing favorites with the “true power” of certain Pokemon when you get right down to it at points.

Thinking like that, even without levels Ash and Pikachu should both know what their doing enough to fight far less sloppily than they do, even if it is against a foe they never truly seen/underestimated.

As far as Ash himself goes... well... I like to say its magic, but I do question his level of memory when he’s dexing a re-met ‘mon that was encountered not too long ago. Is he stupid for removing his guys (except his little favorite Pikachu) and going to new region where he’s a wasted underdog again? No, he’s not stupid for that.

Dreams are dreams. Reality is reality- Distanced Hurricane
Welcome to your new life- Bone Chant! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
What is a Hero?- Unwavering Breeze
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM
kantojohtohoenn Offline

hoho, if the anime works like the game. pikachu must be lv 10000 now
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantojohtohoenn View Post
hoho, if the anime works like the game. pikachu must be lv 10000 now
And then Ash would be 20 years old on his journey...and Dawn is 10 years old, and Brock would be like hitting 22! Man, the innuendo would be hotter then a heat wave if they did 'age' Ash and Brock!