Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Man, Cartoon Network needs to give us the Japan themes for Pokemon!

Everytime they play out the beginning theme of Pokemon...it's either rap, or some kind of opera... why don't they just play out the Japan theme for Pokemon? So what if 10 million kids may ask what did they say? What did they mean? Give us fans something enjoyable other then 'Pokerap' or some kind of opera!

And it's also cheap not to even give us the ending where there's yeah, go, and then Jump! They just give you the black screen credits, then roll out some crap show that nobody gives 2 hoots about, and advertise it! Japan never has to advertise at the end of a show!

THe themes have gotten way too cheap! Give me the Japan theme, and then play out the show in English. Why must they be so cheap and give us a crappy opening and closing, sheesh!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 AM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Man, Cartoon Network needs to give us the Japan themes for Pokemon!

I'll kill this quick before it snowballs into somthing large:

The reason why PUSA never puts the Japanese openings/endings is because the show is aimed toward kids under the age of 13, NOT Pokemon elitists who rant about how it sucks because it doesn't follow their exact preferences. Face it, they'll NEVER put the original openings or endings. You're better off adapting to the anime because the anime won't adapt to you.

*inb4Japanophiles*
Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

A better thing to ask is why don't they do a dubbed verison of the japanese themes ;).
Many series did a english verison of their opening songs with just a few re-wordings to make it make more sense in english (I'm not saying these songs have ever been the best but they are a step up), like Tenchi Muyo, Key The Metal Idol , Rayearth, Rayearth 2 and Kenshin...The thing is that dubbed songs cost money to do, and they are trying to make the english verison with as little money as they can so they can spend more money on ads for the games in the US/UK IMHO.
I guess rather than take a chance with the younger fan not being able to read yet (aka no subtitles), or having the theme song not seem 'cool' enough (aka anything but rap or pop which they think all 'kids' relate to nowadays) they stick on a short song that is easy to make :P

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 04-22-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Starly- View Post
I'll kill this quick before it snowballs into somthing large:

The reason why PUSA never puts the Japanese openings/endings is because the show is aimed toward kids under the age of 13, NOT Pokemon elitists who rant about how it sucks because it doesn't follow their exact preferences. Face it, they'll NEVER put the original openings or endings. You're better off adapting to the anime because the anime won't adapt to you.

*inb4Japanophiles*
It is ironic that you mentioned kids under 13 years of age. I have a niece that's under 13, and she has two friends that are around her age and they ALL think the new themes suck.

It's not just Pokemon elitists that can't stand these themes. Even kids hate it.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 AM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
It is ironic that you mentioned kids under 13 years of age. I have a niece that's under 13, and she has two friends that are around her age and they ALL think the new themes suck.

It's not just Pokemon elitists that can't stand these themes. Even kids hate it.
We're all forgetting that even though your neice and her friends think the new themes suck, not every 13 year think it sucks. In addition, it's an ad; PUSA can care less if Taj makes a subpar theme, because they know that the kiddies will watch it regardless of the theme. Little kids won't just say, "The opening sucks. I prefer the Japanese ones even though I haven't heard it and I have no clue what they are saying."

As much as I would like the RAW openings, the possibility of that happening is around the same as Ash leaving the show and Togetic returning.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

The point I raise is while the opening theme does match up to Japan's theme, there are 'obvious' cuts, and the song is 'obviously' a shorten version. LIke if Japan is say giving 45 seconds of the song in full volume, with the full opening themes, the PUSA is giving us 30 seconds and a cut down scene. Then when Japan has the ending of Pokemon, they show off Hikari, then Satoshi and Brock (I forget if it's Takeshi or another name). There's a great part in the end theme of when they go step, then yeah, and then jump. There's also a site where a fan actually subbed that song and her voice matched the track exactly. Maybe the solution is to find a fan who can sing the themes in translation if it's a problem with the language. The themes they give off on Pokemon turn fans off, and it could also turn fans off to a show to hear a bad theme of it. Some may have to time it or mute the theme song.