Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Author Recommendations

I'll give it a shot. I haven't been reading too much lately, but I stop by every now and then, and this is a really good idea.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

*trots in softly on her grandma cane with the sound of her neck bell ringing*
Well, I hear you young'ns are looking for a few older members to join your recommendation dohickey, and since I turned 24 this year and predate Neo but not Kenny ...*snaps out of grandma voice*
I think I could be one, I need to read more :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OMG Skottie! And Redlark! It's been a while since I've seen you guys around ^^. Welcome back!

And I think I'd like to join this. I think it'll be some time before I can start reviewing, since I just started my new job today and I have a weird schedule. However, once things settle down a bit, you can rest assured that I'll br hanging around ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-10-2007, 06:50 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

I feel honored ot have gotten this Pm. I'll join up. I don't normally read a lot of stories but that doesn't mean I won't.

=^^= Nya
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Knightblazer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Knightblazer Send a message via MSN to Knightblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Knightblazer

Haha, I'm pretty honoured to have been complimented as a good writer. xD Sure, I'll join. I've been closet sneaking around for a log time anyway. xP

Knightblazer

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships; life goes on with or without you.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Bay Offline
Master Trainer

Hehe, like everyone else I felt honored to be in this panel. Yeah, I will join...until it will be a while until I can get some nominations posted here . At the moment I am in summer school so I will be busy for a bit. Just a couple more weeks of that and I will be able to recommend some fics ^^.

+Nothing, Everything+

Chapter Thirteen: It's All a Contest up (12/28/08)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

Man, this is crazy. Ther' so many senior members in one spot

Though, I never really considered myself that senior of a member, I guess I am now.

The Ties that Bind - By Saffire Persian - I always considered this one of the most well written shorts on the site. I liked it then, I like it now. It's also one of those one of a kind 2nd person written fics.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
Man, this is crazy. Ther' so many senior members in one spot

Though, I never really considered myself that senior of a member, I guess I am now.
Ditto.

But I suppose this is a good place for vet writers to meet other vet writers who they haven't met. I mean, I think someone like Bay wasn't around during Skottie's time (neither was I, come to think of it :P), so they'll get to meet and read each others' works. And recommend other pieces.

Also, is there a limit to the number of recommendations you can make at a time? I mean, obviously I won't be recommending ten stories at once...but I'm just wondering.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Got the PM... so let's recommend. (The poorest paraphrase of the contest leader in R/S ever.)

@Redlark: Amen to that. That piece is... the quality that any other piece would eventually become by good writers if editing and revising were replied and the piece was polished. I second that. (Which I think I interpret as a way for, eventually, the nominated piece to be colored red, which would be like a consensus.)

A recommendation or two:

Trial of Juno I and II. [Click]

It is the bible for a pokémon action fic. Each chapter being short and concise makes it excellent for a forum setting, and its remastered version polishes an already extraordinary piece.

Don't Cry Misty [Click]

It too is an excellent piece, a very emotional work starting with the first line. The first person point-of-view is well presented and works excellently.

(And Jack: a sidenote, but I was looking through the thread for some good things to recommend, and you have me writing Morphic - should be Dragonfree.)
Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Heh, I'm with RM- Getting a PM to be asked to help was very cool. ^^;

I've stuck to URPG stories mostly, in the past, but once WAR gets a bit quieter and I have time to get to reading some of the great fanfics here, I'd be glad to help with this.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
Got the PM... so let's recommend. (The poorest paraphrase of the contest leader in R/S ever.)

@Redlark: Amen to that. That piece is... the quality that any other piece would eventually become by good writers if editing and revising were replied and the piece was polished. I second that. (Which I think I interpret as a way for, eventually, the nominated piece to be colored red, which would be like a consensus.)

A recommendation or two:

It is the bible for a pokémon action fic. Each chapter being short and concise makes it excellent for a forum setting, and its remastered version polishes an already extraordinary piece.

Don't Cry Misty [Click]

It too is an excellent piece, a very emotional work starting with the first line. The first person point-of-view is well presented and works excellently.

(And Jack: a sidenote, but I was looking through the thread for some good things to recommend, and you have me writing Morphic - should be Dragonfree.)
Hm, so fics by people that are part of this group can be recommended as long as you do not recommend your own :)?

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
A recommendation or two:

Wow, thanks, I appreciate that.

My recommendation would go to RocketMeowth, for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Team Nine Lives to the Rescue.

Deep, creative, reflective, this story does it all, and I've been pleasantly surprised on many accounts throughout the story and the interaction between the characters. Plus, the background storyline, the organization behind the rescue force, the ranks, and the sub storylines with Henry and Naru are very deep and interesting. Also, everything is very well developed that you easily forget the fact that several of the characters are named and modeled after PE2K members. Here, they have a very fresh and involved story of their own, and all of their personal experiences all build up to the main problem at hand involving the orbs of creation.

I read this fic very religiously, and I definitely recommend it to anyone itching to get into a very enticing and exciting story.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Knightblazer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Knightblazer Send a message via MSN to Knightblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Knightblazer

Well, I'm recomending a story that I've been posting - Aeon.

It's not written by me; it's written by a friend of mine (Scrap) and she's currently in Africa, if I recall correctly. I've been posting it, and its really a grand fic (which unfortunately has too little reviews to justify...) It's harbored loads of attentio and regconigiton from members of Serebii forum, and I brought it here in hopes for other people to read this marvel.

Its a very cool story, with excellent descrpition and stuff. The thing about Aeon is that its chapters are not in chronological order at all - rather, it skips between the past, present and future and only highlight the more... important stuff rather than a whole slogging journey. But Scrap pulls the style off really well, and results in a totally amazing story that somehow, acts like a puzzle as well, a new piece given with each chapter.

I highly recomend everyone to read this, even if its me posting it... ><;

Knightblazer

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships; life goes on with or without you.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
Hm, so fics by people that are part of this group can be recommended as long as you do not recommend your own :)?
I would expect so...afterall, it's not exactly bias, is it?

And thanks for the recommondation, SF...means a lot. It was the first One-shot I wrote, actually... :P

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
katiekitten Offline

*blinketh*

Fic recommendation: The whole heartedly unloved and unnoticed 'A Bumpy Ride' by Ejunknown. I personally loved it - It's exciting, fast paced, and most certainly the best written Naruto fic on this forum - And trust me, I've checked. Akatsuki FTW!

Deathspector: I am utterly in love with Fall Out Boy. :3 Got their CD ('Infinity on High', I believe it is) at Easter and have been playing it ever since. I love the entire thing. XD

"And I saw God crying in the reflections of my enemies, and all the lovers who had no time for me. And all of the mothers raise their babies... To stay away from me..."

*wanders away humming*

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX