Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Author Recommendations

This was an idea that I'm hoping will help readers read recommended stories on this forum, to either help inspire them with ideas, give them something enjoyable to read, or simply because it's a great piece of fiction.

This'll be listed in the Story Board thread. Something like this:

* Username: The Story

The * would mean it's been recommended. After so many, maybe 6-7(?), then I'd color the story Red.

Joining:
If you want to join, fill out this form. It helps if you have experience and a high status in the feild of Fanfiction.

Name:
Example Fanfics:
Other Fanfic Experience:
Why You Want to Join:

Once a Panel member, create a single post to be edited with all your recommendations. The link will be provided with your name below.

Panel so far...
Bay
Deathspector
Dr Skottie
FireflyK
katiekitten
Kenny C.
Knightblazer
lil_leprachaun33
Neo Pikachu
Orange Flaaffy
Redlark
RocketMeowth
SapphirePersian
Sceptile Frost
Tyranitar Trainer

This thread will be used for posting recommendation, and perhaps discussing why. Feel free to make suggestions.

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 08-05-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie
Default Re: Author Recommendations

well i would be up for the panel... if i am eligible do you remember me?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

HOLY POOP ON IN MY RAMEN!!! I remember you! I thought you dissappeared a loooong time ago. I think some of your stuff is totally eligible, haven't read them in over a year, but I thought they were good then, so I'll probably like them now.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

yes i am back from the dead. Because I bought Pokemon Diamond and now my love for all things pokemon is again at it's peak. I have just been too busy lately. But I am on holidays for a month or so. So... yeah. If you want a refresher on my stuff, click my sig to take u to my story. the first couple of chapters are crap... but yeh...

i was jut perusing some of the latest stories... man some of these kids don't know the first thing about writing aye...
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Redlark Offline

Haha, me too. I got Diamond and felt the same way. No they don't, but I'm not really complaining. I noticed that fic writer membership is through the roof, which is a double-edged sword in it self, but feels a lot better than three or four frequent writers. It tempts me everyday to bring back my review corner (I don't think you were there for that).
Old 06-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Hmm....yeah I remember the two of you. To me you seemed qualified enough. My posting should pique Jack's interest, hopefully. XD
Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

I duno if I'm popular, but if I am, then I'd definitely like to help out on the panel...if I could...

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

I'm not the best writer... And certainly not the worst!

But I think I'd be up for some recommending. I like reading Fan Fic's and then reviewing them.

I've read some awesome ones and would like to recommend them...

I'm not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts or not...

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Wow, two months after starting this... some replies. Good thing I left it up. Well, actually... I forgot about it. Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie View Post
well i would be up for the panel... if i am eligible do you remember me?
Hey, welcome back. I know you're eligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
Haha, me too. I got Diamond and felt the same way. No they don't, but I'm not really complaining. I noticed that fic writer membership is through the roof, which is a double-edged sword in it self, but feels a lot better than three or four frequent writers. It tempts me everyday to bring back my review corner (I don't think you were there for that).
Hey Redlark. I liked your Review corner. I'll add you to the panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Hmm....yeah I remember the two of you. To me you seemed qualified enough. My posting should pique Jack's interest, hopefully. XD
Ok Kenny, I'll add you to the list too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
I duno if I'm popular, but if I am, then I'd definitely like to help out on the panel...if I could...

Deathspector
Definitely glad to have you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
I'm not the best writer... And certainly not the worst!

But I think I'd be up for some recommending. I like reading Fan Fic's and then reviewing them.

I've read some awesome ones and would like to recommend them...

I'm not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts or not...

Djax94
Well, you are recently new to the forums. I'd like to give you a little more time before commiting you. Continue helping around the fanfic boards, write some more stories. Hopefully, your popularity and influence will grow.

So, now we have a starter panel. Any stories you liked, just post the link here, say a little something about it, and I'll make the necessary edits. Which reminds me, I need to edit the Story Archive with the new stories.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Thanks, Jack!

Save me a place, yeah?

I can't wait!

I've read some really awesome fics...

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Mmhmmm.. Could I perhaps be added to the panel? I'm not that great of a reviewer but I do sometimes review and help out on ideas, and I do like reading stuff people put on here.. Maybe I'm not old enough (like you told to Djax)?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Redlark Offline

Oops, posted that in the wrong thread, lol. Eitherway, I'll make due with my mistake.

Thank you for adding me :D

There should probably be a rule against recommending our own stuff. I'd be arrogant enough to recommend everything I write, ha.

Last edited by Redlark; 07-05-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Posted in the wrong thread... It's so late I hear birds chirpping...
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

I guess I'll post the first recommendation. And no, It's NOT my own.

Solar Destiny: Tales of War by Deoxys_Trainer

I think it's definitely a good piece of writing, and it moves smoothly. It's not over-descriptive, but you have no problems picturing the scene in your mind. Also, despite being a BIT like the Trial of Junos (what with a human becoming a Pikachu) it has potential for being VERY different from Neo's masterpieces. I just think it's one of the better stories in reccent times, and something that you can enjoy when waiting for something to downlod or load...

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Well, we can start with the obvious. XD

Despair's Hope by Saya

Strong narration on the short story. You can feel the allure of it. Even if it is just a one-shot, it's worth a read.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
Mmhmmm.. Could I perhaps be added to the panel? I'm not that great of a reviewer but I do sometimes review and help out on ideas, and I do like reading stuff people put on here.. Maybe I'm not old enough (like you told to Djax)?
Yea, I think you're in the same boat with Djax. Just give it a little more time.

Of course, the benefit to having the panel, is that if a majority think someone can join, then they can join. That way it's not entirely up to one person, aka me.

--------
I know, I'll contribute my story recommendations soon. Probably after the War season.

~Jack~

-| Links |-