Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 24 now up!]

Lol, I know odd is good. Why would people like me so much if odd things weren't good? xDD Joking. :P But I am odd. :D

I mean, I did like the way you described and wrote the scene. But yeah. I guess you're right.
Haaa, you missed my comment. x3 Was that supposed to make me feel loved? xD I missed reading it.

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Yeah, no one WOULD like you. xD Jk.

And yes, it WAS supposed to make you feel loved. =3 *huggles*

So thanks for reading! I'm gonna see if I can get the next chapter up this weekend. ^^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 01-30-2009, 08:59 PM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996

HELLO I AM BACK!!!! HOW are you all?!

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 01-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectrikeLover1996 View Post
HELLO I AM BACK!!!! HOW are you all?!
Uh..that's really not something to put in this thread, Trike. ^^'

Links
Old 01-31-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
Uh..that's really not something to put in this thread, Trike. ^^'
lol sorry, xD but ur not on anywhere else lol....

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 01-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectrikeLover1996 View Post
lol sorry, xD but ur not on anywhere else lol....
C Chat, lol, go there. ^^

Links
Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
C Chat, lol, go there. ^^
xD lol i gtg im going to a friends place now, have a good day!

Quote:
~Buddha~
Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Chapter 25 -Goodbye

Recommended Music; Will of the Heart - Bleach

A million thoughts buzzed within my head that night, more of them questions than anything. I hardly remember wandering back to my tent at all, memories clouded to a point where it was just a grey haze. It was through this haze that I now sifted, clutching onto the most precious of moments so I could almost feel Rye’s warm breath against me.

He wasn’t one to linger. As soon as we’d parted he’d strode off, leaving nothing but a backwards glance in his wake and me all the more confused. His constant mood swings had left me with very little encouragement to go by; one moment he wanted me and the next it was like I didn’t exist. This morning was much of the latter.

I sat around the small campfire being one of the few already awake. Rye sat opposite me, paws crossed, mouth set in a firm line. Not once did he glance in my direction no matter how hard I tried to catch his eye. I’d given up now because my subtle attempts were coming to the point where even a blind creature would know what I was doing. Jarre, who was sitting next to me, looked up curiously every time I moved. His gaze hardly left either me or the campfire except to glare at Rye who returned it just as fiercely.

I let a small sigh escape my mouth. This was getting out of control. I didn’t know what their problem was, or if I should just ask, but I was surprised I was still sitting so comfortably enough around them both. My inner conscious had jumped up screaming, bailing out a long time ago. It was the smart one, I thought to myself sourly.

I looked up again as Rye tried to stifle a yawn but with little success. Surely he must have seen my movement, yet as soon as he’d composed himself, he went straight back to staring at the flames. I quirked an eyebrow in frustration, sliding my teeth gently against each other. If he doesn’t look at me soon…oh! An idea had sparked in my head. Swaying gently from side to side, I imagined seeing the horrible remains of one of Jarre’s lost victims. The thought instantly brought bile to my mouth and my head began swimming. Feeling just a bit fainter than I should have, I slumped to the ground with a thud. Luckily it was fairly soft as it had begun to snow last night while I’d been asleep, leaving a thin layer of puffy white ice around the clearing. Jarre instantly rushed over in concern.

“Zanna! Are you okay? You look pale.” He chattered hastily. Raising a paw to my head, I checked my peripheral vision for any sign of movement. Nothing.

I sighed. “Just feeling a bit faint, that’s all. I might go and lie down.” I dropped my voice to a low mutter and cursed at the Elekid who was now nothing but a statue on a snow-covered log.

Dragging my body and willing my feet to move, I escaped the clearing before stopping rather abruptly. Opening my mouth slightly, I let my warm breath create steam in the air before I casually fell forward landing face-first in the snow. So it was going to be one of those days. “Great,” I muttered, spitting out a cluster of flakes that had seemed fit to settle in my mouth. Though the snow was cold, I didn’t feel like moving. Instead I just tilted my head to the side, eyeing a nearby tree covered with berries. No sooner had I relaxed than my thoughts came flooding back with renewed vigour.
“Urgh!” I pressed both my paws over my ears to drown out the buzzing, knowing it was hopeless because the noise came from inside me. “Why does this always happen to me??!” I whined. Surely no one else had such bad luck.

“Because you’re a danger magnet, of course.”

I sat bolt upright in an instant. I wasn’t expecting my question to be answered, probably because I’d heard no one approach. The voice held humour, but also concern. I had no idea what it was for, though. The sour look on my face obviously annoyed Rye more than he’d let on. “What do you want?” I snapped, crossing my arms sharply. “I thought I was supposed to be invisible?”

I caught the apologetic look on the Elekid’s face as he grimaced. “I’m sorry about that. It’s just that with everything so…complicated…” – he paused – “I thought it might be better if we don’t talk so much; at least in public.” I frowned at his strange logic.

“Oh, right…” That’s right, I forgot. Codan had said that being in love hindered your rescues and clouded your vision. It was the golden rule, and I’d not only crossed it, but reversed and did it again. A worried expression crossed my face as I groaned and stuffed it back in the snow. Rye chuckled gently to himself, not quite a laugh, so it didn’t have the same bell-like ring to it. When I looked up again he’d settled himself against a tree eyeing me curiously. The rule stuck out in my mind then and before I could stop myself, asked the question. “Are we?”

“Are we what?” Rye’s puzzled look only made things much harder for me to explain, and I wasn’t good at this sort of thing.

“The rule,” I said, changing tactic. “Are we…” I trailed off peering helplessly up at the Elekid before hurriedly looking at the ground. Maybe it was too cold for him to see me blush. Understanding appeared on his face when I took a brave glance, though he, too, turned away.

“I…I’m not sure.” His voice sounded pained and I wondered why. Why was he always like this? I sat upright again, crossing my legs in the snow while drawing in the ground with a paw.

“It seems hard for you,” I hedged. “Do you regret what happened, or–”

“No!” he cut me off brusquely. Then his tone lightened. “I don’t regret it, it’s just that…I’m not used to this. I can’t expect you to understand, Zanna, but my past kind of prevents me from feeling much emotion. See, something bad happened when I was little and ever since then I’ve cut myself off from my feelings, drawing on numbness instead.” He paused and looked at me to judge my expression. I pitied him, I did, and he could see that. “Please don’t, it’s all right. So…just saying that I haven’t felt anything in a few years, how would you feel if something like last night happened?”

His voice had lowered to a whisper now and I realised that the shield he usually had over him was gone. At this point in time, he was more open than he’d ever been. I took a moment to think it through, still drawing circles in the snow.

“Confused,” I finally admitted. “Confused at why I was feeling things again. But that’s just a guess,” I added quickly. “I really don’t know what it’s like for you. Every time I want to help, you seem to retreat. Then it’s back to square one.” I offered a small smile as he stared at me curiously.

“You’re more observant than I thought. Hmm. But it doesn’t matter.” He shook his head swiftly. “I just need some time to figure things out.”

“Time is exactly what we don’t have,” I emphasised. “We’re meant to be heading for the missionary soon, remember?” I glanced up again to see Rye’s face change into a tense position.

“No, you can’t go there, I’ve told you!”

“But you didn’t tell me why,” I pressed. “I want you to give me a good reason why not. This could be the only chance we have to overthrow Deoxys. I don’t want to mess it up.” My ears drooped of their own accord as I pictured the space Pokemon’s face clearly within my mind.

Rye was staring at me again, this time with concern. I couldn’t be sure, but it looked as if he was struggling with something. “You can’t go, because…of my father.” He closed his eyes in pain as I saw fangs protrude ever so slightly at the corners of his mouth.

“Your father?” This was a turn in the conversation I had not foreseen. It just occurred to me then that I’d never once asked Rye about his past or his family. Suddenly the thought seemed to unnerve me.

“My father,” Rye continued, “is the main cause of things that go wrong within my life.” He turned to me then, suddenly more rigid than he was a moment before, mouth pressed into a hard line. “What I tell you must never be repeated amongst anyone. Do you promise?” A wild look had appeared within his eyes and I quickly nodded before he could have a panic attack.

“I promise.”

His tense muscles instantly relaxed as he strode over, bending down to sit opposite me in the snow. “The formality you heard Windtalon use last night, ‘Lord Rye’,” – he repeated her words – “is not technically true. I’m not a lord as such, just the son of the Commander at the Wingardom Missionary. My father also happens to be in charge of part of the Marble City, which is why he and I are often referred to as ‘lords’, you see?”

I studied his face carefully as he spoke, watching as the hint of a smile began to form. “So you’re not royalty?” I confirmed.

He shook his head. “No more than you are.” He took a moment to pause. “Although you could be considered royalty, being a Light Pokemon,” he explained.

“Oh, I hadn’t thought of that. But you were saying?” I grinned up at him in encouragement and to my surprise he smiled back.

“Well, I’m a lieutenant at the Missionary. My job – what I do – is to try to keeps tabs on Deoxys and his followers by any means possible. So far I haven’t done such a good job and this makes my father displeased.” His mouth returned to a firm line.

“Is that bad?” I questioned. “For him to be angry?”

Rye made a small nod. “He’s not in the right frame of mind when he gets angry,” Rye shuddered. “And that makes him a very formidable foe. When I was little” – here he broke off to collect himself – “I disobeyed my father’s command to stay out of the Forbidden Room. I foolishly led my best and only friend, Kryal, down there with me. Kryal’s sister tried to warn us, but we took no heed or her words.” He closed his eyes again in pain. “We were fools. The moment I stepped into that room I knew something wasn’t right.”

I licked my lips before I spoke, but even so, my words came out as a mere whisper. “What did you find?”

Rye gritted his teeth and clenched his paws at the memory. “I had failed to sense it, though I clearly should have. What else was the Experiment Room used for?” I peered up in confusion. “My father,” Rye continued, “the man whom I had trusted so wholly was nothing more than a monster. I found out that he was making an army of Dark Pokemon.” His voice ended on a bitter note, so bitter that he seemed to spit it out rather than say it. I barely noticed I’d flinched back, but nothing escaped the Elekid’s eyes. Rye looked up with remorse and shame painted clearly on his face. “I swear I had nothing to do with it. When my father found out that I knew, he threatened me by any means to keep the secret safe. That’s why he murdered his advisor – one of my closest friends – and my best friend. Kryal was lost to me then, as was my future.”

I wanted to comfort him so much that I was at a loss how. My erratic thoughts had become even more jumbled, if that were possible. To have his very own father murder the only loved ones he had…No wonder he can’t express how he feels, I thought in anguish. The only way he could protect himself was to seal his heart away. “Are you afraid now?” I asked in a trembling voice.

“Afraid of what?” he asked curiously.

I began to fidget nervously. “I understand that you had to harden yourself to make sure you were never hurt again, right?” I watched as he nodded slowly. “Now you seem to be letting more of you guard down. That could be potentially dangerous for you. Are you afraid to be hurt again?” I kept my eyes glued to my paw which began to trace the snow again. It made me feel uncomfortable to talk so openly about him.

“It pains me everyday,” I heard him whisper. “But what would be worse is not knowing all the good things I could feel. That’s the price we have to pay to feel happiness. We need to take the good with the bad and somehow struggle through it.”

It made sense. My eyes drifted back up to meet his and I was surprised to find him smiling. He even let out a small chuckle as he fell backwards in the snow to make an angel. I giggled almost silently at how carefree he was now. Opening up to me seemed to have worked wonders. I just continued to stare at him as he made an angel imprint hastily in the snow. When I didn’t join in he sat upright and frowned. “Is something wrong?”

“No,” I murmured quickly. “You just seem so happy…It’s a change from your usual reserved nature.” I grinned with joy.

Rye’s eyes lit up. “It was a challenge, I’ll admit. But you helped with that.” I couldn’t help it when the blood spread to my face again. But it was still a shock when Rye hesitantly lifted a paw and brushed it against the side of my face. I froze beneath his touch, both in surprise and afraid of doing something irrational. He held his paw for a moment beneath my chin before lowering it, sighing. “Thank you, Zanna.”

“My pleasure,” I managed to utter in a daze. Rye laughed gently and took my paw that was still tracing circles in the snow. He turned it over in his own; the size difference was fairly large. Curiosity got the better of me as I began to trace again, this time on his palm. It never ceased to amaze me how soft his fur was. A cool breeze blew past and I shivered. Rye almost immediately dropped my paw and looked at the sky.

“The weather’s changing,” he muttered. “And it’s getting lighter. The others will be up soon.” I noticed he threw a wistful glance in my direction. It took me longer to realise what he meant.

“You’ll have to ignore me again.” The thought sent me spiralling into a sudden depression.

“Hey, now,” Rye noticed the subtle change and took my paw again, smiling. “I’m always here when you need me, and we still have time.” He raised an eyebrow slyly.

“I can’t think of a better way to spend it.” I grinned. Then, thinking of a good idea, I scooped up a pawful of snow behind my back and swiftly flung it into his face before he knew what had hit him. Raising a paw to my mouth, I laughed, eyeing the surprised expression set in stone on his face. I stopped a moment later though, when his face didn’t change.

“Rye?” I murmured softly. “Are you alright?” Nothing. “Er…I’m sorry if I upset you.” My brow furrowed as he shook the snow off his face, seeming to glare at me. I cringed back instantly, afraid I’d gone too far. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Something white whizzed towards me and hit me full-force in the face. “Ah!” As soon as the shock had settled, I scowled at him and lunged.

Rye’s now laughing figure flew backwards as I collided with him, sending us both tumbling back into a tree. This caused more snow to fall and cover us until we were as white as a cloud. He easily had me pinned on the ground as if I were no more powerful than a feather. I squirmed uncomfortably. “Hey, that’s cheating!”

“Not for me it isn’t.” As I met his gaze, it reminded me of something.

“This is how we first met,” I whispered, glancing at my pinned-down arms. “Apart from the location, obviously.”

Rye blinked, surprised. “So it is. It seems so long ago, but really…it’s only been a few weeks.” He sighed and released me. “How fast things change.”

I frowned, slowly sitting upright. “You seem sad,” I noted. “Why?”

He shook his head. “Sad, maybe, but not for me. I’m sad for you.” This surprised me.

“Don’t be! I’m happy right now, why would that make you sad? Honestly, I can’t keep up with your sudden mood changes.” I stared into his eyes as they clouded, seeming more distant; sad. I wasn’t about to admit it, but they unnerved me. A slight chill raced down my spine. I was still anxious as Rye bent towards me, pressing his forehead against mine so I could feel his warm breath, sweet and comforting.

“I’m worried,” he whispered almost inaudibly, “for your future.” This stunned me and I had to blink twice as he withdrew from me, rising fluently and casting me a look of sorrow as the soft pad of his footsteps carried him away.

I sat almost statue-like in the snow, the smell of his breath still bathing me. Afraid…for my future? Then I knew what he meant. I could still beat Deoxys, it was possible, but I could also fail. My impending doom suddenly seemed much closer than I’d thought. However it turned out, this was a battle in which I would lose something for certain. But his words had carried a double meaning, I was sure. The darkness inside him was rising. If I became too close to him, what would happen if he had to be torn away? The shiver that coursed through me was better than any response I could conjure up.

And I loathed it.

Continued in next post...

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 11-29-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

The rest of the day passed by in a dull blur. I was half aware of Lani and Codan talking – or arguing – about going to the Missionary. Following Rye’s advice, I’d tried to talk them out of it, but I soon found that it was impossible. How then, was I supposed to keep them away from an army of Dark Pokemon? My brain just couldn’t seem to function properly. Even Jarre couldn’t get my attention and that was worrying. Rye did nothing but listen to our unending arguments, face expressionless. Kraal and Marilai were never around; they seemed to have their own agenda. Good, I thought with a hint of triumph. I don’t like those dogs anyway.

“I don’t see why the Missionary is important,” Jarre said for the millionth time, causing Codan and Lani to launch into another argument. I sighed and covered my ears. Peace was what I needed right now.

How are you feeling?

Huh? My head snapped up automatically as the familiar tingle of telepathy buzzed through my mind. Like a nightmare, I replied grudgingly. They just won’t stop and it’s giving me a constant headache. Where else can we go if not the Missionary? I glanced over to see Rye purse his lips.

There is one other place, but it will involve getting to the Missionary first.

I sighed. No luck then. Will you be all right if we do go to the Missionary?

Yes…His voice was hesitant. But I don’t think it would be best for you. I’d like to keep you as far away from there as possible.

Just as I was about to ask what he meant, a twinge of pain stabbed at my mind and I had to pull away. Groaning slightly, I met Rye’s gaze. His eyes wavered as he recovered from the pain, wincing. What was that? Then I saw it. Almost so faint I could barely be sure it was even there, Rye’s black stripes glowed dully and red glazed his eyes. Oh no…The pit of my stomach lurched. He must have had a strong feeling about something. I could tell his darkness was certainly getting worse. If anyone spotted it, Rye would be a danger to us then. I swayed my head lightly from side-to-side in frustration, watching the Elekid’s stripes return to normal.

Before long, the argument was in full force again. This time I sat by idly. No use interfering if I can’t win, was my only thought.

It was getting dark when Codan was in enough peace to think clearly. The large Dragonite rubbed his temples soothingly. We must get to the Missionary…why doesn’t Zanna understand this? The small Pikachu was beginning to get on his nerves lately, no matter how fond of her he was. But that wasn’t the only problem. The Elekid had seemed unusually quiet too, even for him. Something is definitely up.

Small beads of sweat were appearing on his forehead as he paced before his tent slowly. He knew it was forbidden and wrong to spy on another creature, but this Elekid had him concerned for everyone’s safety, though he hardly knew why. Without even another moment to cause doubts, he strode silently across the camp towards the Elekid’s tent.

The slight window Quoll had carved into the fern tents were just enough for him to peer through. Nothing but a dull candle lit the small enclosure, casting eerie shadows across the walls. Rye had his back to him, holding something shiny within his palm. Codan had to duck as the Elekid turned slightly. Just inching up to the window again, the Dragonite managed to spot a small orb the size of a berry. Another one was resting on a nearby wooden table. They were both purple in colour and swirling majestically. The Dragonite narrowed his eyes as they held his gaze. I know those orbs…they’re remembrance orbs!

These specific orbs he’d heard of held important moments in history, or just one’s own memories, but were quite troublesome to access as they had all sorts of mind traps to prevent evildoers from seeing their contents. What is he doing with remembrance orbs? This interesting event was enough to make Codan peer closer into the window. He watched as the Elekid gently lifted the orb, muttering to himself hastily. Every so often he raised a paw to his head as if trying to communicate with it, but to little success. After a few minutes Rye sighed and lowered the orb, his impatience obvious now.

It was a surprise though when the small Pokemon dropped the orb and fell to the ground, kneeling. Codan noted his teeth were gritted, face strained as he clenched his paws into fists. A dull glow appeared about the Elekid’s stripes emanating a dark aura. Codan instantly recoiled as if he’d been shocked. His intake of breath was just a sharp hiss as he peered through the window again. Rye – seeming to somewhat recover – stood up once more, swaying. Then he stiffened. Codan instantly took a step back, though too late. The Elekid had spotted him.

His expression set off the Dragonite’s fear instincts. Rye’s face was scowling – or sneering – eyes narrowed sharply. They were glazed with red and his stripes began to let off a furious black glow which just seemed to be spreading further across his body. Before Codan could do so much as turn and run, the Elekid had appeared at the window. He swiftly punched through the ferns, sharp claws grasping the Dragonite’s neck. A strangled roar was the only sound that he could force out.

“You’ve been spying on me.” Rye’s voice was flat and deadly. A single note laced with malice. Codan struggled in vain, surprised at how such a small creature could be strong enough to hold him still.

“What…are you?” he managed to wheeze out. The Elekid sneered as he drew up to Codan’s face, pressing against his snout almost eagerly.

“I am…” He cautiously manoeuvred his head to the dragon’s ear, ignoring his wild eyes, full of fear. “I am alive!”

With a sharp hiss, Rye thrust Codan away from his tent with no more than a flick of a claw. The Dragonite cried out in pain as he smashed into a tree, splitting it in two from the force of the impact. He could hear worried murmurs nearby, getting closer. Lani soon stepped into the small clearing, shock instantly crossing her face.

“Codan!”

“Get away!” he hissed with pain. “Rye is…he’s out of control!”

The Houndoom stood staggered as first Jarre then Quoll joined her, both incredibly confused. Before Jarre could speak, a low growl warned them to stay put. The four frozen Pokemon eyed the shadows anxiously as a dimly lit figure stepped out. The sound of his footsteps created a scratching effect that raised the hairs on their backs instantly.

Rye pursed his lips before letting a sly grin cross his face. “It seems I have more company. How…amusing.” But the Elekid paused as the others entered.

Kraal and Marilai bolted out towards Codan staring at Rye with fierce expressions, almost protective. Zanna was the last to the scene. The Pikachu took one look at Codan and rushed to his side. “What’s wrong?” Her question was followed by the Dragonite’s pointed gaze. As she followed it her mouth gaped, gasping silently. “Rye…” she murmured. “I’m too late.”

The Elekid merely smiled at her dismay. “Oh no,” he crooned gently. “I’m just getting started.” He then let off a low guttural snarl towards the Pikachu in warning. Zanna flinched but walked protectively in front of Codan.

“I won’t let you hurt him.” Her voice was shaky and uncertain; Rye could see that. “Please don’t do this. You yourself said it was wrong.”

Codan’s gaze instantly flickered to Zanna. “What do you know about this?”

The Pikachu cringed. “I…I didn’t mean…I’m sorry!” Tears welled within her eyes.

Codan shook his head in disbelief. “You…kept this from me?”

Zanna shook her head but was interrupted as Rye flew at her, clenching her paws in his vice-like grip. The Elekid stood only an inch from the frozen Pikachu, as black as the night was growing. His warm breath surrounded her as a slight growl escaped his mouth.

“You always were…” – he seemed to search for words – “Breathtakingly annoying.” A smile lit his face as he laughed, though it was cut short. Rye felt a sharp jab knock the wind from his chest as he flew backwards. He hit the ground with a hard thud, but soon regained balance, propping himself into a violent battle stance.

Zanna heard the light growl he issued as he pulled his teeth into a snarl. The Pikachu was now fully white, glaring at the Elekid with reigned loathing. “Stay away from us. I don’t want to hurt you Rye, but you leave me little choice.” Forgive me, she sent through his mind. For a moment the Elekid’s face softened, then he grinned again.

“Always the polite one,” he mocked. “I made a good choice.”

Though Codan knew little of what they were saying, he was still very worried. Zanna…he almost flinched at the thought of her being hurt again. He could only watch as the two Pokemon – complete opposites – took their battle stances. This was a fight no one would win.

What happened to you? My voice was anxious and scared as I sent the words through Rye’s mind. The Elekid hissed and repelled me with a force that sent my mind reeling.

Nothing happened! This is who I am!

Despite the cold, and Rye’s newfound malevolence, I didn’t shiver. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t seen this one coming. So my voice was now level as I spoke to him. I don’t believe that. This isn’t you. The Elekid forced another wave of pain through my head, thrusting me away and causing me to wince.

You don’t know anything. How can you? I only keep you around because I enjoy your pain. A cold smile lit his face and though I knew his words weren’t true, tears still brimmed my eyes.

Trust me, I pleaded. The Rye I know is kind and gentle. My ears drooped again slightly. Please…

NO!!!

The sheer force sent me staggering and I had to cover my ears in pain. I was barely aware of the Elekid rushing towards me fiercely. Before I could dodge, a paw was slammed into the side of my head. A sharp stab of pain coursed through me and I felt warm blood trickle down my cheek. I landed in the snow, using my paws to hold myself up weakly. I stared pleadingly at Rye, but he only glared back.

The Elekid was now tensed and ready for more action. I could almost sense that he craved it; craved the bloodshed. Ignoring Codan, who had withdrawn to Lani and the others, he strode towards me with triumph. An icy smirk rested on his face as he lowered it to my level. “You’re pathetic,” he spat. “And I never once liked you. But now…” he glanced approvingly at his new body, “I almost share some gratitude. Too bad I’m a cold fish, eh?” Another paw slammed into my face and made my knees buckle, but I still didn’t move. I wasn’t about to hurt him, no matter how hard he chose to hit me. “Fight back!” he hissed angrily, stomping on my tail.

“ARRGH!” A scream of agony erupted as I felt the bones crack. “Rye…” I mumbled.

The Elekid ignored me and glared. “Why won’t you fight me??!!”

Black haze had begun to obscure my vision, but Rye’s hollow red eyes pierced the darkness so brightly. Eyes of evil…eyes of death. “I…I won’t hurt you.” I managed to force out.

“WHAT?!” he spat at me savagely. The Elekid still glared, but I could tell something was different. He seemed less agitated now. Somehow more in control.

I pushed through the snow slowly and reached out to touch his arm. Rye stiffened as I made contact, but didn’t withdraw as I’d thought he would. I peered up into his eyes, hoping against all odds I’d break through.

“I….can’t…” Rye’s face grew pained and he raised a paw to his head in agony. The glowing stripes that covered his body seemed to dull, a yellowy tinge retuning to his black fur. “Urgh…” The Elekid cringed away from me again before swiftly turning back, a punch aimed for my head.

For a third time, his knuckles sent a wave of agony through me and I fully collapsed, unable to endure more pain. My vision buzzed with bright lights as I saw my fur regaining its yellow colour again. All I had strength to do was move my eyes as they kept hold of Rye, perhaps the only things now keeping him sane. I noticed he gingerly took a step towards Codan, eyeing him wildly.

“I. Will. Not. Be. Broken!”

With a look of bloodlust on his face, Rye used his Agility and Cross Chop attack to end the fight. I knew that I only had a spilt second. My body then acted of its own accord, a shimmering white light enveloping me, instantly warping my body in front of Codan so that I was the only thing between him and Rye. My mouth opened itself – I realised how little control I now had over what I was doing. Waving a paw out in front of my body, facing the palm towards Rye, I let it glow.

An iridescent spiral flowed out from my body around me, seeming to slow things down. “Stop.” I commanded firmly. And everything did stop. I now glared at Rye with hatred, yet it was reigned in. I watched him struggle effortlessly against my magic; he was as still as a statue now. The spiral of white light continued to pulse around me as everything else froze. My Time Control had caused the world to fall into a standstill. Only I could move freely, though through my magic, I had also allowed Rye to speak.

“Damn it, Pikachu!” he growled. “Release me!” I watched calmly as his frenzy reached a dizzying height, his eyes wild and unrestrained.

“No.” The brisk shake of my head only made him angrier. I sighed, allowing the light to fade from my body, turning normal again, though time still didn’t move. “Rye…who are you?” My question made the Elekid pause for a moment. I caught his panting breath that had picked up pace now slow ever so slightly. “Who are you?” I repeated in a whisper, pleading with him. I closed my eyes momentarily as the tears which I’d so carefully held back now gushed forward.

Through my silent sobbing I noticed that Rye’s struggles had ceased. Though I was embarrassed by how fragile I was now, I opened my eyes just a sliver. It was enough to see the darkness which was now ebbing away from his body. My control on the spell slipped as I was overcome with grief, sending movement back into Rye. The Elekid fell to the ground and kneeled. A soft buzzing, familiar and warm, flowed through my mind again and this time it didn’t send a wave of pain to crush me.

I am…Riley.

My eyes snapped open as I heard the use of what must undoubtedly be his full name, something which I’d never heard him use before. Rye held himself before me, clutching his right arm in pain. A frown creased his face as he looked me over, seeing my tattered tail and bruised face.

“Zanna, I’m…so sorry. I can’t repay you. Ever.” The Elekid looked away, unable to take in what he’d done to me. His deep sigh caused me to shiver now, more aware of the pain flowing through my body. “Why didn’t you fight back?”

His words caught me off guard. I peered up at his hollow face, searching for answers and frowned slightly – but only slightly – as it hurt too much to do otherwise. “I told you I wasn’t going to hurt you.” I shook my head again as the Elekid peered at me in frustration. “I can’t hurt someone I love.”

Rye was instantly shocked by my directness, though he seemed of the same mind. “And I…look what I did to you, Zanna.” He gestured at my face and tail. “This is partly why I didn’t want to get involved. And you know I’m…evil,” – he winced at the word – “Why won’t you leave?” Rye’s expression grew surprised as I let my airy laugh fill the clearing.

“Are you blind? Why would I leave? All I want is here.”

A stone cold look crossed Rye’s face. “No, I won’t let you do this. You can’t say that. As long as I’m tainted, I can’t be around you.”

“What? What are you saying?” I frowned. Surely he couldn’t mean that he’d leave. Would he? “Rye,” I almost whispered, grasping at some last, frail light of hope I knew wasn’t there. Struggling to walk, I came close enough to reach out a paw. I held it in midair, longing for Rye to take it and tell me everything was going to be all right. I grew edgier the more seconds passed by and he still didn’t move. Finally he sighed and turned away from me.

“Zanna…I’m sorry.”

Rye swiftly bolted towards the forest, not even glancing back. It was then that I broke. My heart, once seemingly whole, snapped into a million pieces. “RYE!” I called after him, lowering my paw and forcing out a wave of electricity. The sparks fizzed out a few metres away from me, but the Elekid was already gone. Just like my heart. “No!” I screamed at the sky, electricity flowing out from me in mass. It was only when I was reduced to a sobbing heap in the snow and the light touch of a wing fell on my shoulder that I realised time was moving again.

Curling into a tight ball, I ignored the confusion around me. The only thing I wanted was gone, taken away by darkness. I didn’t bother to stem my flow of tears; what did it matter? Reaching out with my mind, I probed the area in search of a spark, but none could be found. Dread instantly consumed me and I let the pain follow it; let it envelop me until I was dragged under. But something held me back. I lashed out at it, wanting nothing more than to lie in the snow forever.

Is this what you want? A calm voice asked me. It was a sympathetic voice that I barely knew, but was like a missing part of myself.

No, I whispered back. Then I mulled my thoughts over. Help me, Altair. The Light Pokemon thought in total silence.

I want to, he confessed. But I don’t think I can. And now isn’t a good time. Just be happy, Zanna. And whatever you might think, that is possible.

I didn’t bother to reply, instead forcing him away. The only sound I heard now was a dim, blurring noise, barely audible. I closed my eyes in pain. Maybe morning would bring better news. Then I half snorted. No chance with my luck…

Continued in next post...

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 02-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

The Elekid forced himself not to look back as he plunged into the dense emerald undergrowth of the Ocacia Rainforest. He could still hear Zanna’s echoing scream through his mind, threatening to tear him open at any minute now. Rye panted, breathing heavily as he rested against a nearby tree trunk. He raised a shaky paw to his chest and let it rest just below where his heart should be. W…why does it hurt so much…?

The Elekid was stunned. Never in his life had he felt such pain as this. The wounds that had been inflicted upon him; physical wounds, could never compare. But more than the staggering anguish he felt, a new feeling had emerged. Removing the paw from his chest, Rye inched it further upwards until he held out a single claw. A small, transparent drop of water landed on it a moment later, proceeding to race downwards before melting into the soft soil below. His eyes widened in fascination.

Tears…

It had been too long since he’d cried. The last time was when he was eight years old. That was almost eleven and a half years ago! Nothing had made him resort to tears, yet Zanna had done that in a heartbeat. Zanna…The tears returned again in greater force, blurring his vision. What have I done?

Rye debated with his mind, wanting to return to the obviously hurt Pikachu, yet he knew it was wrong. If he went back, he could risk killing them all. And that was not a risk he would take. The only option now was isolation. The temple they had visited was empty enough, and as good a place as any to begin a new life. If I return there, maybe it will be enough for me to live…but even so, it would only be a half life; mostly unfulfilled. Urgh…

Stumbling to a small niche within the knotted roots, the Elekid lay with one paw over his chest, the other across his stomach. He closed his eyes wearily for a moment, hearing nothing but his own rough breaths. Then an idea came to him. All is not lost…nor does it have to be. I wonder…He pondered for several moments more before weakly standing. There was something that he had to do before he left.

At least this way, even though I can’t say it, I can still have my last goodbye…

Some time later, when he was sure the others were asleep, Rye wandered back in the direction of his tent. Everything was left untouched; just as he’d remembered it, which surprised him. He hastily bent down to retrieve two purple orbs and then proceeded to grab a quill, ink and paper from the makeshift desk.

Pressing the quill to the paper gently, he wrote. The words seemed to flow out of their own accord, not stopping even once until he was done. Once Rye was certain he’d written down what he’d wanted – after quite a few crossed out lines – he placed the quill back on the desk and folded the piece of paper into a neat square. A couple of tears had crinkled it slightly, but he was sure it wouldn’t matter. The hardest part was just the beginning. He didn’t want to be near Zanna again for any moment of time, but he had to deliver the letter. Taking the two orbs and the letter as he went, Rye slipped out quietly and disappeared as the darkness swallowed him whole.

His heart gave a wild thump as he peered through the window to check if Zanna was asleep. The Pikachu was curled up in a corner of the room, having forsaken her bed, and was tossing rather fitfully. Rye’s stomach lurched at the sight. No doubt he was the cause of the trauma. Closing his eyes briefly and rubbing his temples, the Elekid padded through the doorway into the small room.

The air seemed to thicken automatically; a strong sense of foreboding. Ignoring the calls from his conscious, he quietly placed the two orbs next to a larger one Zanna had on her desk and stared at the letter. It was a few minutes before he could bring himself to move again. Walking over to Zanna’s unused bed, he carefully slipped the letter half under the pillow. At that precise moment the Elekid heard a mutter from the far corner of the room and turned around, anxious.

“Urgh…” Zanna had scrunched up her face in obvious pain and rolled over onto to her other side. “No…I won’t,” she mumbled in a dull whisper. “Rye…” The Elekid caught his breath as he heard his name uttered. The tone he’d heard Zanna use wasn’t one he particularly liked, but he was still intrigued. “Please…” she begged almost silently.

Rye stumbled back against the wall to prevent himself from falling over. This was almost more than he could handle right now. The Pikachu turned again, a frown creasing her mouth ever so slightly. “You know I…do…” she yawned sleepily. “I…I love you…”

The next second Rye had made a loud gasp, knocked over the orbs and bolted. The shock of what Zanna had said hadn’t yet fully reached him, though he knew he had to get away now. He heard mumbles behind him as he fled once more into the forest, not looking back. He didn’t stop until he’d been going for at least ten minutes – that he was sure of.

Finally the Elekid slowed and listened to the beat of his footsteps as they padded along. The rhythm soothed him enough to calm down. Rye edgily fell to the forest floor on his knees, palms crushing the gritty dirt beneath him. A light drizzle of rain began to fall, mingling with the Elekid’s own tears. Within seconds, the rain was almost thundering down through the canopy, flowing like streams along the tree branches.

Rye let himself get soaked, not even bothering to move as he spluttered through the fur and water now dripping around his face. Only when he was drenched and shivering did he crawl to the nearest dry spot under a tree. Curling into a ball, he wrapped himself with his arms to try to stop the shivering. But the cold was relentless.
Rye stayed silent as the night flowed on, getting darker as it went, and still the Elekid did not sleep. His wide eyes stared fitfully through the wind and rain lashing out at him, though he couldn’t care less. Only when dawn was approaching and the rain had died down a bit did his eyelids droop. Giving a last shiver, he slumped against the tree trunk, welcoming the rough bark to ease his pain. Weariness soon got the better of him as his consciousness slipped and he fell into a deep sleep.

Only one thing strayed into his dreams that night, and it was enough to haunt him endlessly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments or anything? ^^

Links
Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Absolutely the best ever ever ever chapter of this story! SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!! (And yay! I'm the very first one to comment on it! XD)

Poor Rye, poor Zanna...

Gem, you're worse than Scy now, sure her characters go through a lot, but emotional pain is worse than almost any physical pain and that's what always happens to Rye and Zanna. Plus the physical pain when just about everyone was almost killed!!!

I didn't see any errors, but as late as it is right now (Or should I say early since it's a long long time after midnight? XD) I wouldn't have been able to tell anyhow! *jumping off the walls, waiting for next chapter anxiously*

Next chapter! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! *hit with a shovel on the head* x.x
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders [PG-13] [Chapter 25 now up!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAxess View Post
Hey Peoples...
Any of you play the pokemon moon rpg?
It is an online game.
here is the link plz signup here...
http://tpmrpg.net/signup.php?ref=22629
No spamming my thread! D= I don't take very kindly to that stuff. Advertise elsewhere, and I won't ask again.

The BEST chapter, Guard? Are you sure? Because it's pretty sad... D=

Oh, but he didn't kill anyone! Rye was a good boy this time. =3

The next chapter's going to be a LONG time as school starts again for me tomorrow ^^'

Sorry guys.

Links
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Quote:
No spamming my thread! D= I don't take very kindly to that stuff. Advertise elsewhere, and I won't ask again.

The BEST chapter, Guard? Are you sure? Because it's pretty sad... D=

Oh, but he didn't kill anyone! Rye was a good boy this time. =3

The next chapter's going to be a LONG time as school starts again for me tomorrow ^^'

Sorry guys.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!!!!!!!

How long?

YES! IT WAS THE BEST!!! I mean by how good it is, not what happens.

And Once again:
Quote:

Sorry guys.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *hit with another shovel*
Old 02-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

....Poor guys...*Sniffling and hugs Zanna and Rye* I'm sooo sorry for you!

...Oh...I know that pain all too well...

Harsh Gem. You shouldn't be like Grassy >.>
Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Thanks, Guard. And sorry! T_T Blame the EVIL school which I now attend yet again.

Zanna: *hugged*
Rye: *hugged*

Zanna: Er...it's...unfair... v_v *curls into ball*
Rye: Why now...? People just like messing with me. >_>

Well I didn't want to! D=

You think I like seeing my favourite character all sad? No, I don't. T_T But that's just how the story goes.

Links